Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Electribe Wave

Comments

• edited October 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear Wow. Thanks man. Nicest thing anyone has said about one of my pieces. Truly appreciate it 👊🏼™️

Maybe is should add some samples from this bit:

Great motivation to carry on.

• Spent a good hour doing a bit of a remix on the previous track to make it evolve to where i think it feels more complete and expansive:

• And of course a little visuals for the piece 😗

• @echoopera said:
    So i think I’m going to embark on a little project of constraints of sorts for the next several months involving OT and KEW.

Interesting that I lost my focus on my latest iOS music projects because I'm trying to get better with my sp-404. Then, here at work, I was listening to your KEW playlist and thinking. "wow... it would be cool to pair the clean sounds of KEW with some SP-404 dirt" :lol:

But unlike you, I barely got a good KEW loop going, let alone, full 29+ songs :smiley:

• @senhorlampada i think that’s the beauty of the iPad and iPhone. When you have 15-30 minutes to spare create some loops and build build build and rebuild. I’d say 80% of what I’ve posted is just noodling and having fun. 10% is worth building from and the other 10% is, well, “...that’s interesting...”

Just start today. Grab some headphones. And give yourself a 5 minute challenge. Build some loops and see where they can take you. Making music is a journey...and the destination will materialize after taking steps to get there.

• @echoopera said:
    And of course a little visuals for the piece 😗

very nice - got my morning off to a chilled start today.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@Tarekith said:
    Ableton Export would be such a time saver, so plus one from me.

There is an interview with the developers in Japanese and they mentioned Ableton export is planned for a future update.

can you send a link, i speak a little Japanese.

• @echoopera said:
    And of course a little visuals for the piece 😗

This is great man !!!

• @echoopera said:
    @senhorlampada i think that’s the beauty of the iPad and iPhone. When you have 15-30 minutes to spare create some loops and build build build and rebuild. I’d say 80% of what I’ve posted is just noodling and having fun. 10% is worth building from and the other 10% is, well, “...that’s interesting...”

Just start today. Grab some headphones. And give yourself a 5 minute challenge. Build some loops and see where they can take you. Making music is a journey...and the destination will materialize after taking steps to get there.

Thanks for the incentive! :smiley: Finding these minutes lately have been insane :lol:
    But i'll noodle when I get home indeed :smiley: (The other day I was layering a DRC patch, Kaossilator sounds and my voice for some weird percussive sounds on the 404 - Sorry for derailing hah)

Out of curiosity... how do you approach progression / variation in these cases? (like with KEW)

• edited October 2018

@senhorlampada said:

@echoopera said:
    @senhorlampada i think that’s the beauty of the iPad and iPhone. When you have 15-30 minutes to spare create some loops and build build build and rebuild. I’d say 80% of what I’ve posted is just noodling and having fun. 10% is worth building from and the other 10% is, well, “...that’s interesting...”

Thanks for the incentive! :smiley: Finding these minutes lately have been insane :lol:
    But i'll noodle when I get home indeed :smiley: (The other day I was layering a DRC patch, Kaossilator sounds and my voice for some weird percussive sounds on the 404 - Sorry for derailing hah)

Out of curiosity... how do you approach progression / variation in these cases? (like with KEW)

Interesting enough, i find that it is one of my weaknesses...the progression. What i tend to do is duplicate a loop and build on top of it, remove parts, tune other parts...and try to change while keeping it familiar. This particular track was a bit of a breakthrough for me honestly...i learned a few things which will definitely show up in all future pieces.

@reasOne @Halftone thanks for giving it a viewing and listen 👊🏼™️

• @echoopera said:
    Interesting enough, i find that it is one of my weaknesses...the progression. What i tend to do is duplicate a loop and build on top of it, remove parts, tune other parts...and try to change while keeping it familiar. This particular track was a bit of a breakthrough for me honestly...i learned a few things which will definitely show up in all future pieces.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Well... you rock! And whatever it is you're changing or doing different, is showing results and will continue to do so :smile:

• @[Deleted User] said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@Tarekith said:
    Ableton Export would be such a time saver, so plus one from me.

There is an interview with the developers in Japanese and they mentioned Ableton export is planned for a future update.

can you send a link, i speak a little Japanese.

It was posted here not long ago
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/29040/interview-with-the-developers-of-korg-electribe-wave#latest

• wimwim
    edited October 2018

@echoopera said:

I think this is why GR-16 and KEW click so well with me: The “barrier to entry” to get started on something then add on to it is so low.

If I have no idea in my head what I want to create, I can just capture the first thing that comes to my head, maybe flesh out the sound a little, then move to the next pad.

For that next pad I have two options ... focus on the notes, or focus on the sounds. Often a bass line, beat, chords, or melody will immediately pop up right there in my head, ready to lay down, so I don’t even stop to change the default sound until after I have it down. Other times I need to hunt down a sound that inspires the next idea, so I start with that. But in each case, it’s just one pad / part to think about.

The trick for me is to force myself to start in different places. Rather than starting with the beat, to get a bass line, or arp sequence, or whatever. The rest, focused by limited options, seems to flow easier.

Taking what comes out of that process to higher levels is the bigger challenge, but honestly, having that base of something laid down quickly and with low focus on the final product is a huge kick-starter for me.

• @wim perfectly stated👊🏼™️

• @echoopera said:
    @wim perfectly stated👊🏼™️

You actually posted a real gem awhile back by suggesting starting with just four notes in the sequencer or something. Tried it and was off to the races creating pseudo @echoopera style piece in minutes - something I’d never even attempted on a groovebox app before. I’ve leveraged that since by forcing myself toward different starting places and building from there. So - thanks for that older post. :smile:

• @echoopera yeah, you are on your way to create your own genre on which we will hop on soon :)

• @wim cool to hear that I was able to help spark some creativity for you.
    @david_2017 hahah...I dunno about that...but I love that you enjoy my aural musings :)

• Getting ready for the weekend.

• A little bit of melancholia for the season

• @echoopera said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear Wow. Thanks man. Nicest thing anyone has said about one of my pieces. Truly appreciate it 👊🏼™️

Maybe is should add some samples from this bit:

Great motivation to carry on.

yep, except that's Rodney Bewes.. the 'other' likely lad, the youBoob poster has it wrong.

pedantic? ... moi? :)

• @RockySmalls Rodney and James. Amazing how often those two (more often than not individually than as a couple) still appear as reference points in my internal cultural index...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @RockySmalls Rodney and James. Amazing how often those two (more often than not individually than as a couple) still appear as reference points in my internal cultural index...

my dad used to absolutely laugh his head off at a sitcom called ‘ only when i laugh ‘ set in a mens hospital ward. James Bolam played a main character in that... i never got the humour meself... but my father, unfortunately, had spent a lot of time in bed on hospital wards during his lifetime.. so it did it for him...

• @RockySmalls said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @RockySmalls Rodney and James. Amazing how often those two (more often than not individually than as a couple) still appear as reference points in my internal cultural index...

my dad used to absolutely laugh his head off at a sitcom called ‘ only when i laugh ‘ set in a mens hospital ward. James Bolam played a main character in that... i never got the humour meself... but my father, unfortunately, had spent a lot of time in bed on hospital wards during his lifetime.. so it did it for him...

Bolam was the bloodhound of men, those eyes and the (g)lass perpetually empty. Great Geordie voice...

• @echoopera said:
    A little bit of melancholia for the season

My kind of steady misery :) Don't have an Elektron, but I do have one of those little Korg thingies, which I like. Do you find it particularly useful? Also, the piano sound on this one; where from?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:
    A little bit of melancholia for the season

My kind of steady misery :) Don't have an Elektron, but I do have one of those little Korg thingies, which I like. Do you find it particularly useful? Also, the piano sound on this one; where from?

Too many days of having The Cure on repeat when i was growing up has helped to fill this inner calling. The Nanokey Studio is great with KEW. As far as sound, all sounds are 100% KEW.

Thanks again for giving it a listen 👊🏼™️

• Tonight i decided to let myself go. I dropped the tether and allowed myself to drift. Infinite bliss overcame me. The end of it all was revealed and when i awoke and this translation of events experienced was all that remained.

Peace to you all 🙏🏻 May it find you well and realigned:

• @echoopera said:
    Tonight i decided to let myself go. I dropped the tether and allowed myself to drift. Infinite bliss overcame me. The end of it all was revealed and when i awoke and this translation of events experienced was all that remained.

Peace to you all 🙏🏻 May it find you well and realigned:

Good stuff!

• @echoopera said:
    Thanks for giving it a listen and viewing. So i think I’m going to embark on a little project of constraints of sorts for the next several months involving OT and KEW. I just tested it and i was able to get 16 channels of midi in to record directly into KEW in real time coming from the OT...so yeah i think something good will come of this. I may start a separate thread once i get things into place (i charted everything last night so i have a good idea of what I’m going for).

Hope to see you all along the journey to keep me honest. 🤫🤪

BTW: @davis_korgrd if you’re lurking around here, i could really use Export Stems or to Ableton Project file for this if you catch my drift 👊🏼™️🙏🏼

Did the thread you mention here get created?

Does the OT have 16 midi tracks?

• edited October 2018

@SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:
    Thanks for giving it a listen and viewing. So i think I’m going to embark on a little project of constraints of sorts for the next several months involving OT and KEW. I just tested it and i was able to get 16 channels of midi in to record directly into KEW in real time coming from the OT...so yeah i think something good will come of this. I may start a separate thread once i get things into place (i charted everything last night so i have a good idea of what I’m going for).

Hope to see you all along the journey to keep me honest. 🤫🤪

BTW: @davis_korgrd if you’re lurking around here, i could really use Export Stems or to Ableton Project file for this if you catch my drift 👊🏼™️🙏🏼

Did the thread you mention here get created?

Does the OT have 16 midi tracks?

Thanks for giving it a listen 👊🏼™️
    I haven’t started the thread yet. Still in the planning stages. The OT offers 8 midi tracks and 8 audio tracks