Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Electribe Wave

Comments

• Who votes that we endlessly harass echoopera until he does a Youtube tutorial?!

• @rs2000 said:

@mindscaper said:
    So I got this app today and here’s my thoughts after an hour with it
    Overall is great- likely better on iPad due to obvious reasons but way better than that GR16 app

Would you mind listing a few key points that you find way better than in GR16?

Just wish multiple fx could be used..

Don't you have separate FX for each track?

Didn’t like the GUI and the way to access folders and features in gr16

Not so fluid to navigate

In KEW you only get one fx per track/ channel but there’s a master channel that can have one fx

• @AtticusL said:
    Who votes that we endlessly harass echoopera until he does a Youtube tutorial?!

Haha. I’m trying to get there. Out of curiosity what kind of things would you like to see?

• edited October 2018

@echoopera said:

@AtticusL said:

Haha. I’m trying to get there. Out of curiosity what kind of things would you like to see?

The way you are going to create a track?
    Finding the right sounds, decide how many bars, using the arp, motion, automations, ways to jam with the chaos pad, sequencer, mixer and so on... 😎

• @echoopera said:

@AtticusL said:

Anguish, transcension, triumph!

• Here’s some patterns I put together:

• @echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@stormywaterz said:
    Is there a way to actually edit a pattern or move midi around?

To an extent yes. No copy and paste of individual notes as of now.

Sorry, still stumbling: Can one actually copy entire patterns though (and thus alter them a little as one goes along etc or change the voice)?

Yep. This is what i do.

Here’s a good example of that. This piece is assembled from 4 Patterns with slight variety between each:

And while I'm asking silly late-in-the-day questions: What do you think about the number of pattern slots? You've already been very productive (yay you :)) are you fearful of running out of space to save etc. or have you moved on to a Plan B already?

You can Backup all the Patterns and restore them later.

Once i fill up the slots i do that. Hopefully we’ll be able to restore on a per pattern basis in the future...but for now it’s fine..

Thanks. I found the Backup/Restore under the 'gear' settings. Where do I copy a pattern? Have tried long holding, hitting, shouting....no dice :) Obviously TOO obvious for me :)

Really liked Forever Today. Makes me wonder what its function/purpose might best be? Film score?

• Here’s one from Pants of Death which might be helpful:

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@stormywaterz said:

Sorry, still stumbling: Can one actually copy entire patterns though (and thus alter them a little as one goes along etc or change the voice)?

Yep. This is what i do.

Here’s a good example of that. This piece is assembled from 4 Patterns with slight variety between each:

And while I'm asking silly late-in-the-day questions: What do you think about the number of pattern slots? You've already been very productive (yay you :)) are you fearful of running out of space to save etc. or have you moved on to a Plan B already?

Once i fill up the slots i do that. Hopefully we’ll be able to restore on a per pattern basis in the future...but for now it’s fine..

Thanks. I found the Backup/Restore under the 'gear' settings. Where do I copy a pattern? Have tried long holding, hitting, shouting....no dice :) Obviously TOO obvious for me :)

In order to Copy a Pattern, just save it to a new Pattern. Copy is a Save As function in a sense...

Really liked Forever Today. Makes me wonder what its function/purpose might best be? Film score?

Ha. I wish. Just made it for you to illustrate a point. 🤪👊🏼™️

• @echoopera said:

@AtticusL said:

Great news. I’d like to see you reveal your arp secrets. Though if I was you, I probably wouldn’t.

• edited October 2018

@echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@stormywaterz said:

Yep. This is what i do.

In order to Copy a Pattern, just save it to a new Pattern. Copy is a Save As function in a sense...

That whole Occam's Razor thing passes me by :) Thanks...out of interest did you keep any of the first five demo banks of patterns? Find any value in doing so?

• Heheh. I just went through all the patterns to pull sounds i liked and then saved over them.

• Well Friday is almost over and we’ll you know what that means. More happy happy joy joy from Electribe Wave 🤪🎶🙏🏼

• @AtticusL said:

@echoopera said:

@AtticusL said:

I'm down for this 😁😂
    I just wanna see how you create such dope jams, the workflow I guess.... Workflow videos are non existent to most all music gear, hard or software...
    Maybe you could generate enough income from YouTube to quit working haha never know... It's a rare market, once I move into my new place and have a studio again I'm going to get videos up on iOS workflow

• edited October 2018

@reasOne said:

@AtticusL said:

@echoopera said:

@AtticusL said:

I'm down for this 😁😂
    I just wanna see how you create such dope jams, the workflow I guess.... Workflow videos are non existent to most all music gear, hard or software...
    Maybe you could generate enough income from YouTube to quit working haha never know... It's a rare market, once I move into my new place and have a studio again I'm going to get videos up on iOS workflow

Agree. Workflow is king.

I’d love to see your workflow with Fugue into Kew, SPA into KEW, Modstep into KEW etc... and probably more than anything, just how you produce those internally sequenced KEW tracks.

The stuff you’ve been posting is awesome.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@reasOne said:

@AtticusL said:

@echoopera said:

@AtticusL said:

I'm down for this 😁😂

Agree. Workflow is king.

I’d love to see your workflow with Fugue into Kew, SPA into KEW, Modstep into KEW etc... and probably more than anything, just how you produce those internally sequenced KEW tracks.

The stuff you’ve been posting is awesome.

Yes, we don’t believe you, we suspect dark arts are involved, we need footage!

• Finally picked this up, liking some of the things Korg has done here, especially the chord pad and the ability to fetch chords from a sequence. That UI though, bleh, ugly as can be. Pair it with the app icon and it looks like the art aspect of this app was an afterthought, or maybe they had a deadline or something.

• edited October 2018

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I hope to do a little jam, overview demo of my workflow using Electribe Wave soon, I’m working on a few approaches.

In the meantime, I’ll have to hold you over with my postings. As always, thanks for giving them a listen 🙏🏼👊🏼™️

Here’s a new experiment testing out a few things in the app:

• edited October 2018

Anyone able to say if KEW has a midi CC chart for parameters / pattern switching or any kind of midi learn?

Doesn't look that way via the manual but I'm sure you guys who own it can say for sure. Cheers

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Anyone able to say if KEW has a midi CC chart for parameters / pattern switching or any kind of midi learn?

Doesn't look that way via the manual but I'm sure you guys who own it can say for sure. Cheers

It has midi learn for all the synth and drum controls. Not sure if it does for switching patterns though.

@SpookyZoo said:

It has midi learn for all the synth and drum controls. Not sure if it does for switching patterns though.

Cheers Matt!

• Maybe it’s just me but the way you input notes into the sequencer seems to be really cumbersome. You can set a scale for the keyboard but then the keyboard for inputting into sequencer remains chromatic. Seems odd.

• @sdesign said:
    Maybe it’s just me but the way you input notes into the sequencer seems to be really cumbersome. You can set a scale for the keyboard but then the keyboard for inputting into sequencer remains chromatic. Seems odd.

I agree. I wish it was possible to restrict the sequencer input to a scale.

• By the way, the similarities between KEW and the Novation Circuit hatddware seem very obvious to me.

KEW sounds similar because both have wavetable synths. And KEW is like have 8 synths rather than two.

There are obviously differences. But they feel like very similar experience personally.

I wish, like the Circuit, KEW would allow each of its 16 sequencer tracks to independently set the number of steps. Eg 10 steps rather than 16 steps for certain synths / drums. That would really open things up polyrhythmically .

By the way, the similarities between KEW and the Novation Circuit hatddware seem very obvious to me.

KEW sounds similar because both have wavetable synths. And KEW is like have 8 synths rather than two.

There are obviously differences. But they feel like very similar experience personally.

I wish, like the Circuit, KEW would allow each of its 16 sequencer tracks to independently set the number of steps. Eg 10 steps rather than 16 steps for certain synths / drums. That would really open things up polyrhythmically .

Add me on.

• edited October 2018

Expanding a bit more on what i was exploring in the previous track. Trying to get comfortable with Song arrangement and composing directly in the app. Still really enjoying this piece of kit.

• @echoopera said:
    Expanding a bit more on what i was exploring in the previous track. Trying to get comfortable with Song arrangement and composing directly in the app. Still really enjoying this piece of kit.

Interesting development sequence etc in this one. What’s your verdict on the song capabilties of this app now?

• @e121 said:
    … That UI though, bleh, ugly as can be. Pair it with the app icon and it looks like the art aspect of this app was an afterthought …

In what way is it ugly? What should it have been like?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

Interesting development sequence etc in this one. What’s your verdict on the song capabilties of this app now?

Thanks. I'd say its pretty solid and useful. Sure, I'd like some of the polyrhythm stuff discussed earlier in the thread, but for now it works great with some planning.

• @u0421793 said:

@e121 said:
    … That UI though, bleh, ugly as can be. Pair it with the app icon and it looks like the art aspect of this app was an afterthought …

In what way is it ugly? What should it have been like?

Interesting. Ugly? I actually have the opposite reaction to it. It's so nice it sort of draws me in. People are all different.