Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Electribe Wave

Comments

• @RJB said:
    What was the original price on this? Sale price in Canada is $28, does that jive?

Yes. It was nearly $40 CDN full price.

• Korg have learned how to make the sample folders read subdirectories. Is a gadget update on the way? More IAPs for our Bilbaos and AbuDhabis perhaps???

• edited November 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Korg have learned how to make the sample folders read subdirectories. Is a gadget update on the way? More IAPs for our Bilbaos and AbuDhabis perhaps???

I hope so! Although trying to rework Gadget's folder structures may prove much more difficult than simply tacking on the subdirectory feature to Electribe Wave. I'm totally on board purchasing new IAP content for sure. Hopefully our mate @davis_korgrd can divulge more infos.

The two Electribe Wave expansions are $2.99 each for now during this sale. Got both. :) I'm happy.

• edited November 2018

Sample import and pattern play mode gives Wave a pretty significant advantage over Groove Rider. Start and jump modes are rad!

• @gusgranite said:

Yes. It was nearly $40 CDN full price.

Wow, practically cheap now😉thanks for the info!

• Nice update! Sample import for drums, pattern playback modes, and new packs, all gravy for this app.

• @LucidMusicInc
    Hahah. You know I’ll be hitting up this thread some more. Thanks for the shout out👊🏼™️

• Love this thing.

• @davis_korgrd Does anybody else here have an issue where when you press "check" to check out the new feature, you're made to sign in to the community, at which point you get "You are not authorised to access this page" message?

• O> @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@davis_korgrd Does anybody else here have an issue where when you press "check" to check out the new feature, you're made to sign in to the community, at which point you get "You are not authorised to access this page" message?

Yes, that happened to me, too. I ended up downloading the most recent version of the manual to find out what’s new.

• Full screen on iPad Pro 11" now too. Yay!

• @overorange said:
    O> @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@davis_korgrd Does anybody else here have an issue where when you press "check" to check out the new feature, you're made to sign in to the community, at which point you get "You are not authorised to access this page" message?

Yes, that happened to me, too. I ended up downloading the most recent version of the manual to find out what’s new.

Same here

• @overorange said:

Weird. Now for me, I just blindly mucked about the app to find out myself where the new things were hiding. So many minor improvements in addition to the big stuff. The drums are set up in a funny way where you can only import to 512 slots, lol. However, this isn't that big of a deal. With the new stem export feature, I can bounce my stems, erase the drum slots to load in new drums. Electribe Wave is currently my favourite way to craft music, at least before Nanostudio releases.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@overorange said:

Weird. Now for me, I just blindly mucked about the app to find out myself where the new things were hiding. So many minor improvements in addition to the big stuff. The drums are set up in a funny way where you can only import to 512 slots, lol. However, this isn't that big of a deal. With the new stem export feature, I can bounce my stems, erase the drum slots to load in new drums. Electribe Wave is currently my favourite way to craft music, at least before Nanostudio releases.

I agree with you, but I am puzzled. Spent a very productive hour, a fun hour, building up some progressive patterns, but in the end couldn't really understand why I didn't do the same but probably with more options (and better sounds) in -say- Beathawk. Is it the constraints that we like in this thing?

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Sample import and pattern play mode gives Wave a pretty significant advantage over Groove Rider. Start and jump modes are rad!

GR-16 has always had sample import, and not just for drums. The only additional features of pattern play mode are JUMP (start next pattern at same beat as the current pattern) and START (start next pattern immediately). Sorry, I’m not seeing that as all that significant.

I like them both and don’t see a huge feature disparity between them. Each appeals to different people for their own reasons. (I’ll keep my preference between the two to myself. :# )

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@overorange said:

There’s a 64 mb import limit presumably to prevent users from crashing the app. With the jump feature you can get very creative especially if you are doing live muting. This is starting to feel like the hardware version.

• Super nice udate and the ’free’ samples can be used everywhere since they can be accessed using the Files.app.

The packs seem to be on sale too :)

• Do the packs contain new wavetables?

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Do the packs contain new wavetables?

Yes they do. They sound great in my own opinion.

• Ooh nice update, will explore that later.

• Looks like a Good update. Sample import in particular.

Personally I don’t like that some knob settings are saved per pattern (‘Boost’ on the master buss for instance).
    @ioue Any news about a Gadget port for this?

• Let’s be honest folks, this is way more than expected. Thanks Korg!

• @db909 said:
    Let’s be honest folks, this is way more than expected. Thanks Korg!

Indeed, the sample import in particular is a big surprise. Looks like they're listening.

• edited November 2018

@wim said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

GR-16 has always had sample import, and not just for drums. The only additional features of pattern play mode are JUMP (start next pattern at same beat as the current pattern) and START (start next pattern immediately). Sorry, I’m not seeing that as all that significant.

I like them both and don’t see a huge feature disparity between them. Each appeals to different people for their own reasons. (I’ll keep my preference between the two to myself. :# )

Maybe I need to look at more tutorials...

:(

• Glad to see all the feature requests I was hoping to see in this update. Perfect timing for the Black Friday sale with 2 very useful IAPs on sale as well. I’m stoked.

• Agree with the above. Got to give Korg credit where due etc. Was thinking this was going to be a one-and-done kind of deal, but this is a significant release.

• Ha, they didn’t advertise this but the app now opens on the last pattern you worked on! Nice!