Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My vote for biggest iOS upcoming game changer is:

Comments

• Bebot Pro

• @brambos said:
    Ah yes, the iOS scene and its obsession with stuff that isn't out yet :D

Perfect for someone with your skill set ;).

• Samplr Pro (AU).

• Reason seems like it would be awesome on iOS. Then, after using Model-15 yesreday, I realized it wouldn’t be that awesome on iOS without some re-thinking of the UI. I love Model-15, sounds and looks amazing, but the UI navigation for patch setup is not fun at all, for meself.

• ‘The Randomonzo’

AU app that, once loaded, can randomise a specified range of parameters of settings for all AU apps loaded into the host, or just randomise everything from patches to sequences.

• edited July 2018

@CracklePot said:
    Reason seems like it would be awesome on iOS. Then, after using Model-15 yesreday, I realized it wouldn’t be that awesome on iOS without some re-thinking of the UI. I love Model-15, sounds and looks amazing, but the UI navigation for patch setup is not fun at all, for meself.

Indeed...the sound is super but the GUI isn´t really touch friendly at all....even not really multi-touch beside playing midi notes of course.
    Modulars which fits not on a page are maybe not for these devices. But with some clever GUI it could work.
    However, the first app which really was a game changer for me might be again THE new game changer....NanoStudio 2.
    Reason or Live or even Logic sounds nice but i can´t imagine a much better DAW for iOS than the awesome NanoStudio. And i bet it´s also the most efficient in terms of cpu and ram.

• @LuisMartinez said:
    iBassist

When is it coming out? I’m in need of some bass for songs :)

• @Arpseechord said:

@LuisMartinez said:
    iBassist

It's ready. After Drum Apps are updated to handle bass lines. End of the week

• @LuisMartinez said:

@Arpseechord said:

@LuisMartinez said:
    iBassist

Excellent, music to our ears, thank you very much!!

• @CracklePot said:
    Reason seems like it would be awesome on iOS. Then, after using Model-15 yesreday, I realized it wouldn’t be that awesome on iOS without some re-thinking of the UI. I love Model-15, sounds and looks amazing, but the UI navigation for patch setup is not fun at all, for meself.

Yep, reason on iOS would be hellish to use, complete resign of the UI would be needed. Can't see it working.

• @MonzoPro said:
    ‘The Randomonzo’

AU app that, once loaded, can randomise a specified range of parameters of settings for all AU apps loaded into the host, or just randomise everything from patches to sequences.

I love it. B)

‘CracklePot AU’

Another “aging” type of effect. This one simulates the dry, dusty static and crackles of old Analog mixing desks. Works well with VA synths as well. You map the same CC that is driving the parameter you wish to crackle to this effect. When the parameter values change, the effect adds the simulated crackle to the audio. Great for adding that vintage sound of dirty potentiometers, faders, and switches to your productions!
    :p

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MonzoPro said:
    ‘The Randomonzo’

I think both @j_liljedahl and @scarbo have suggested this might be possible in AUM / ApeMatrix but I expect it might be difficult to get right.

@ka010 has set the standard in Volt of how it could work, I reckon.

• If a company like Moog wants to release an app of the quality of Model 15 exclusively on iOS, then I, for one, am very grateful. The fact that I have to scroll around the UI isn’t really an issue. In fact, it isn’t an issue at all. The whole synth is visible on one screen if the iPad is in portrait mode and the UI is fully zoomed out. I find the UI very usable and pleasing, even on my Pro 9.7. Like any modular synth, Model 15 is designed to be patched and tweaked. In that respect, I think the UI is a huge success.

@CracklePot said:

• @LuisMartinez said:

@Arpseechord said:

@LuisMartinez said:
    iBassist

Great... I voted for this...

• BM3 3.1 update is top on my list. Been waiting for months. I know it’s gonna be great. Next is Quanta. Anything else is pure surprise for me lol

• @Proto said:
    Samplr Pro (AU).

Realistically 1 : 100000000 chance

• There are those updates that we know are coming. And there are those updates that we know are not coming. It is the updates that we don’t know are coming which will surprise us. (With apologies to Donald Rumsfeld...)

• @Beathoven said:
    If a company like Moog wants to release an app of the quality of Model 15 exclusively on iOS, then I, for one, am very grateful. The fact that I have to scroll around the UI isn’t really an issue. In fact, it isn’t an issue at all. The whole synth is visible on one screen if the iPad is in portrait mode and the UI is fully zoomed out. I find the UI very usable and pleasing, even on my Pro 9.7. Like any modular synth, Model 15 is designed to be patched and tweaked. In that respect, I think the UI is a huge success.

@CracklePot said:

Hey man, that’s cool. I like it, too.
    I just find it clumsy to work in. You obviously don’t.
    Peace.
    B)

• @CracklePot said:

@Beathoven said:
    If a company like Moog wants to release an app of the quality of Model 15 exclusively on iOS, then I, for one, am very grateful. The fact that I have to scroll around the UI isn’t really an issue. In fact, it isn’t an issue at all. The whole synth is visible on one screen if the iPad is in portrait mode and the UI is fully zoomed out. I find the UI very usable and pleasing, even on my Pro 9.7. Like any modular synth, Model 15 is designed to be patched and tweaked. In that respect, I think the UI is a huge success.

@CracklePot said:

Peace.
    B)

Yeah, I just re-read my comment and it sounds like a bit of a rant at you; it certainly wasn’t meant to be. I like the Moog apps and it’s so hot here and I’m going a bit delirious for which I apologise. Peace, friend. :)

• @Beathoven said:

@CracklePot said:

@Beathoven said:

@CracklePot said:

Peace.
    B)

Yeah, I just re-read my comment and it sounds like a bit of a rant at you; it certainly wasn’t meant to be. I like the Moog apps and it’s so hot here and I’m going a bit delirious for which I apologise. Peace, friend. :)

Yeah, people have been kinda grouchy from the heat lately, myself included.
    I just didn’t want to inadvertently offend anyone by appearing to hate on Moog. I love those guys, and do feel particularly grateful for all that company has done to drive electronic music to the heights it has reached.

And I didn’t want to offend you in particular @Beathoven. It is always cool to ride the bus with you. :)

• @gusgranite said:

@MonzoPro said:
    ‘The Randomonzo’

I think both @j_liljedahl and @scarbo have suggested this might be possible in AUM / ApeMatrix but I expect it might be difficult to get right.

@ka010 has set the standard in Volt of how it could work, I reckon.

I suggested it when AUM first came out, and a few heads seemed to think it was a viable thing.

I love a randomiser, being able to randomise everything in my AU session would be smashing.

• @Dawdles said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@CracklePot said:

Yep, reason on iOS would be hellish to use, complete resign of the UI would be needed. Can't see it working.

Not sure that scrolling on Reason in ios would be any worse than opening/closing plugins in Cubasis or scrolling in AUM? But been a long time since I used it and can't fully remember how the workflow feels in practice... Definitely not a fan of having to scroll inside a single instrument/effect window, like Model 15. But might feel OK as a way to navigate around a daw and for routing etc? Hard to say...

I’m not keen on Cubasis either to be honest, I don’t dig that type of DAW’s on my little iPad. I’m totally in love with AUM it’s the easiest thing ever to navigate around. Reason to me is like this huge monster all in one modular contraption with wires. Yuck 🤢 hihi

• I don't get on much with randomization, but I can see an AUv3 app (in AUM or Audiobus) that you connect to multiple instruments on different MIDI channels, and a patchbay where you pick what parameters you want to send random values to within chosen ranges on those channels. If I was a programmer and had any idea what I was talking about, this would be a piece of cake.

• @Samu said:
    Logic for iOS and iOS12...

I could see Logic for IOS12

• edited July 2018

biggest game changers gotta be either Herrmutt Lobby finally added sample import to Playground or Samplr got updated

• @supadom said:

@Proto said:
    Samplr Pro (AU).

Realistically 1 : 100000000 chance

I recently discovered that if a developer works at apple they are forbidden to go near the AppStore. I thought that some velvet morning there would be a Samplr update waiting... The question is how can we get him fired?

• edited July 2018

Reason on ios sounds interesting. Though I'd like to see PropHeads come up with something totally original for the platform. That would change games for me.

Honestly, my life has been changed enough since I got into ios synths and apps.

• @kinkujin said:
    Reason on ios sounds interesting. Though I'd like to see PropHeads come up with something totally original for the platform. That would change games for me.

Honestly, my life has been changed enough since I got into ios synths and apps.

Agreed