Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My vote for biggest iOS upcoming game changer is:

Comments

• I read “non-daw” as “no intention to finish”

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The thing with iOS and its touch interface is that it can be all things to all people. For those familiar with a desktop/daw workflow, it can do that. For those who strive for a “dawless” workflow, it can do that too. And it’s already doing those things. Look at the workflow differences between Henny Tha Bizness and Perplex On, yet they both achieve great things with iOS. Why does it have to be one thing or another? And why can’t skeuomorphic and non-skeuomorphic exist together? It’s all good! :)

• I’m not some crazy musician that has played with all the toys but it’s simple for me. I wanna gadget that is an au gadget and also au fx slots in gadget and better delivery of there timeline for editing and updated sample editor. And a fully functioning GarageBand. I see GarageBand first and gadget pulling up the rear really.

• @realdawei said:
    I read “non-daw” as “no intention to finish”

You could capture my live setups, but that would need a DAW. :p

I haven’t tried to record anything since it takes a lot of thought, time, and work to do it. Unless I just go for a “live to 2-Track” recording. But that wouldn’t cut it for most people, I would imagine.

• @brice said:

@thesoundtestroom go ahead and shred that NDA, Doug. We’re live and you’re all clear to post your video!

Enjoy! And leave a GD review already!

WHOOOOOPIE AUV3 / GameChanger
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/whoopie-cushion-3000/id467956526?mt=8

If you make some of your amazing patches for it, certainly a game changer! :D

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I love Ableton to an almost unhealthy amount but it would be horrible on an iPad. It already has the best integration with iOS and if Touchable hadn't done a great job already I'm guessing they would have cooked up a great controller app.

• @Beathoven said:
    The thing with iOS and its touch interface is that it can be all things to all people. For those familiar with a desktop/daw workflow, it can do that. For those who strive for a “dawless” workflow, it can do that too. And it’s already doing those things. Look at the workflow differences between Henny Tha Bizness and Perplex On, yet they both achieve great things with iOS. Why does it have to be one thing or another? And why can’t skeuomorphic and non-skeuomorphic exist together? It’s all good! :)

Of course it’s all good. Of course they can all exist together. But we’re not talking about all good or normal... we’re talking about a “Game Changer”! ;)

• edited July 2018

I think a lot of workflow improvements will come from hardware advancements in graphics rendering and gesture recognition. Not only scaling and moving things but super fast coherent touch/gesture recognition is totaly hardware dependant. Take an audio clip on a timeline. A counter clockwise C shape could perform a different action than a clockwise one. Right now this sort of subtle detection is not very feasible, particularly with all tracks blazing but it will come. Using a 'daw' will become more like playing an instrument in terms of agility and finger...ing.

• edited July 2018

@AudioGus said:
    I think a lot of workflow improvements will come from hardware advancements in graphics rendering and gesture recognition. Not only scaling and moving things but super fast coherent touch/gesture recognition is totaly hardware dependant. Take an audio clip on a timeline. A counter clockwise C shape could perform a different action than a clockwise one. Right now this sort of subtle detection is not very feasible, particularly with all tracks blazing but it will come. Using a 'daw' will become more like playing an instrument in terms of agility and finger...ing.

I like this future. Have you played with Noise Drums AU? There’s a virtual block that responds to gestures right in the AU window. It’s a small indication of the possibilities.

• @realdawei said:

@AudioGus said:

I like this future. Have you played with Noise Drums AU? There’s a virtual block that responds to gestures right in the AU window. It’s a small indication of the possibilities.

Oh cool, I will certainly check it out.

Being able to input and train your own shortcuts like assigning hotkeys would be awesome fun.

• @AudioGus said:

I like this future as well.

• Whatever propellerheads are releasing to iOS is gonna be huge!

• edited July 2018

They announced on the blog at the release of Europa vst/AU something was coming to iOS land

• @brice said:

@thesoundtestroom go ahead and shred that NDA, Doug. We’re live and you’re all clear to post your video!

Enjoy! And leave a GD review already!

WHOOOOOPIE AUV3 / GameChanger
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/whoopie-cushion-3000/id467956526?mt=8

And we have a winner! :D

• @AudioGus said:

@realdawei said:

@AudioGus said:

Being able to input and train your own shortcuts like assigning hotkeys would be awesome fun.

Here’s an example: https://www.instagram.com/tv/Bk_dB9Bn9li/

I definitely want to see more touch controls directly in AU

• Finishing (or at least abandoning-as-finished and releasing) a song would be a pretty big game changer for me.

• @realdawei said:

@AudioGus said:

@realdawei said:

@AudioGus said:

Odd, I can’t find Noise Drums in the app store.

• @AudioGus said:

@realdawei said:

@AudioGus said:

@realdawei said:

@AudioGus said:

Odd, I can’t find Noise Drums in the app store.

It’s the ROLI Noise app.

• An iPad Pro with 8GB of RAM with a Firewire interface for storage and an 8.5" x 11" screen.

And they call it... (wait for it) "iPad Letter Sized" Buy 2 pages at a time for 20% off. Optional 2,3,4,5,6,7,7.3-octave "smart keys" keyboards most 8 sliders (for the Organists), 16 knobs for tweekers, 16 PADs for EDM and Apple "Drumstick/Mallets".

You asked. I imagined.

As you were,

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @PhilW I can’t wait for Quanta iOS too, first thing I'm going to try is sample some of Optigans bits and pieces, that should be fun.

Also on the other thing, I have zero clue as to when it will be released but it will be fucking huge

Universal?

• @Audiojunkie said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    @PhilW I can’t wait for Quanta iOS too, first thing I'm going to try is sample some of Optigans bits and pieces, that should be fun.

Also on the other thing, I have zero clue as to when it will be released but it will be fucking huge

Universal?

No, iPad only I think.

• @gusgranite said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

Universal?

No, iPad only I think.

Oh well......

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I love Ableton to an almost unhealthy amount but it would be horrible on an iPad. It already has the best integration with iOS and if Touchable hadn't done a great job already I'm guessing they would have cooked up a great controller app.

I believe if ableton were to release iOS live, it would be designed in a different way than the desktop version.

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Whatever propellerheads are releasing to iOS is gonna be huge!

I agree. Thor's been around for many years and the fact they don't need much updates to keep it up with the tech on ios is a definite sign they know what they are doing.

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    But (some OT), if I had to choose between Reason Mobile DAW and some rain here in Sweden, I choose RAIN!

It’s a fuckin’ disaster just now here, from north to south, with farmers going out of water and food for all animals...
    Almost no rain in ten weeks with high temperatures and sunny as hell...

In a country that use to have two month summer and the rest cold as hell...

ER, it's down here in NZ. Wettest June ever.

• @Samu said:
    Logic for iOS and iOS12...

Would be nice, but, I vote for the ”thing” Mr Woods is involved in...
    Some of us know what DAW he’s using on his desktop...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Telstar5 said:
    (Hopefully)
    AUV3 for Sampletank.. It’s not exactly cheap if you fully load it up w iap’s but if you have a 4 gig iPad Pro , it’s one additional step towards desk -top land .

TRUE Universality for apps with my MacBook.