Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My vote for biggest iOS upcoming game changer is:

Comments

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@supadom said:

@Proto said:
    Samplr Pro (AU).

Realistically 1 : 100000000 chance

I recently discovered that if a developer works at apple they are forbidden to go near the AppStore. I thought that some velvet morning there would be a Samplr update waiting... The question is how can we get him fired?

fcku! very sad to hear that.

• I know I'm a bit late to the party and haven't read every answer, but a full Reason on iOS WOULD be a game changer. Then again, another game changer would be Cubasis gaining AUX tracks and far better MIDI routing so Rozeta and Envolver could be used within it. Another one would be Gadget having the ability to load effect AUs as well as a master chain (rather than a simple limiter).

• Melodine for iOS. Waves Tune for iOS. RX for iOS. Kontakt for iOS. Anything else will probably be just meh (to me).

• @LuisMartinez said:
    iBassist

When are you releasing reggae drummer?

• @fattigman said:

@LuisMartinez said:
    iBassist

Plus 1. Definitely overlooked on IOS.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Then again, another game changer would be Cubasis gaining AUX tracks and far better MIDI routing so Rozeta and Envolver could be used within it.

Rozeta can be used in Cubasis!? I’ve been using it for some weeks now.

• The game changer would be the hardware for me. We should get soon, I hope, an ipad able to deliver such power we don't have to worry about stuttering or cracking if we use 16 AUv3s and 40 effects in our DAWs. Now that would be the greatest game changer of all!

• edited July 2018

@supadom said:

@fattigman said:

@LuisMartinez said:
    iBassist

Yes, yes, release the poor guy already!

• @supadom said:

@fattigman said:

@LuisMartinez said:
    iBassist

Plus 1. Definitely overlooked on IOS.

Reggae Drummer would go nicely with a shiny new Bass player app ;)

• @theconnactic said:
    Melodine for iOS.

This would be pretty cool.

• KanyAU

Takes any old crap as input and turns it into a chart topping masterpiece......beware though, it will also spout random crap that will make you look like a total prick :D

• @Norbert said:
    ... such power we don't have to worry about stuttering or cracking if we use 16 AUv3s and 40 effects in our DAWs. Now that would be the greatest game changer of all!

that doesn't qualify as a gamechanger, but is the reincarnation of current standard desktop bullshit production mode. In most cases this goes awefully BAD ways.
    Original IOS brought back lean and focussed methods (that's why apps like SamplR, Animoog and Multitrack DAW are still praised) ;)

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:
    Thinking about the Ableton stuff....

Is Push2 potentially compatible with iPad? If so then some kind of ‘entirely Push focused’ Ableton app could be pretty sweet...Like building something around the hardware, not the other way round like they’ve had to for Live. Pretty limited market though if aimed only at people that own Push and an Idevice :/

Could be amazing though (if it’s even technically possible?)....like turning a Push2 in to its own standalone groove box/instrument just by connecting it to a little iPhone SE to be the hidden brains/cpu. No need to even look at the phone. Perfect for a different type of use for Push2 for live shows and no need to take a computer..

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I dunno, was just reading the BeepStreet DRambo thread and it feels like I finally understand how it could change games for me. Very stoked!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:

@kinkujin said:
    I dunno, was just reading the BeepStreet DRambo thread and it feels like I finally understand how it could change games for me. Very stoked!

Yeh of everything publicly confirmed/leaked Drambo’s way out front for me too. Can’t wait!

Without sifting through the vast drambo thread, has @giku_beepstreet given an ETA?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@Dawdles said:
    Thinking about the Ableton stuff....

Is Push2 potentially compatible with iPad? If so then some kind of ‘entirely Push focused’ Ableton app could be pretty sweet...Like building something around the hardware, not the other way round like they’ve had to for Live. Pretty limited market though if aimed only at people that own Push and an Idevice :/

Could be amazing though (if it’s even technically possible?)....like turning a Push2 in to its own standalone groove box/instrument just by connecting it to a little iPhone SE to be the hidden brains/cpu. No need to even look at the phone. Perfect for a different type of use for Push2 for live shows and no need to take a computer..

Looks like it’s feasible then? At least on maschine, so I guess same for Push. Could an idevice potentially also relay info like graphics to Push2 hardware screen? Plugging push2 in to my iPhone SE and forgetting the phone is even there would be pretty cool..They could make an app that turned Push2 in to an amazing new standalone groovebox/instrument this way...

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19289/ot-push-2-new-api

I love quote myself :trollface:

• For me the gamechanger would be an app that will make sample/soundbanks management reasonable. Audioshare is close, but is very cumbersome to use for filtering your sounds database and picking your favourite ones. If you already have a collection of sample packs and want to reduce them (usually I find less than 1% of samples from packs really usable), it's so tedious on iOS in comparison to PC/Mac.

Also a decent sampler, preferably AUv3 (multiple instances, saving state) would be a huge gamechanger, something like simpler and drum rack in ableton. With the ability to preview sounds directly from iOS Files(!). High-quality time-stretching, transition detection and splitting into chunks for loops is also warmly welcome.

Currently iOS is saturated with synths, partially also with various effects, but for sampling it's inferior. Also many DAWs don't make use of freezing tracks or resampling possibilities, which are an irreplaceable creative tool for many producers.

As a bigger picture, I see the future in a setup like:

• AUM/AB3 as a mixer
    • AUv3s loaded as instruments and effects
    • something like Xequence as a sequencer (extended with "grid" scene mode to contain both, e.g. like BeatMaker3 or Ableton), eventually with the ability to load AUv3 MIDI effects.
    • Mixer and sequencer would communicate via some extra protocol that automates the need of routing midi for newly created tracks (optional, but would be very nice, currently it's unnecessary overhead - you create new track in AUM choose midi channel, go to xequence, create new track there and choose the same channel). Also saving and loading a state in both apps would help a lot.

This way we can have all the parts needed for the music production in a modular fashion: mixer, sequencer, instruments and effects. Then if any part become obsolete / not interesting for you anymore, you can easily replace it. Everyone would have a unique setup, yet still complete, without the need of "all-in-one" DAWs.

• @Beathoven said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Then again, another game changer would be Cubasis gaining AUX tracks and far better MIDI routing so Rozeta and Envolver could be used within it.

Not yet I don't think. I've been using Rozeta in AUM, because AUM definitely has the full MIDI implementation. I think either @LFS or @brambos said something about better MIDI implementation in Cubasis in the near future though, so I'm looking forward to that.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Beathoven said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Not yet I don't think. I've been using Rozeta in AUM, because AUM definitely has the full MIDI implementation. I think either @LFS or @brambos said something about better MIDI implementation in Cubasis in the near future though, so I'm looking forward to that.

You can use rozeta in Cubasis, BUT you can only use one module on a track at a time, that's the limitation that you don't have with AUM/apeMatrix

• @AndyPlankton said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Beathoven said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

You can use rozeta in Cubasis, BUT you can only use one module on a track at a time, that's the limitation that you don't have with AUM/apeMatrix

Well that's better than nothing! :smiley: Made my day, lol.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Beathoven said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Well that's better than nothing! :smiley: Made my day, lol.

:) .. you can sort of stack modules if you record the midi from each onto a cubasis track, but cannot say use cells to drive the arpeggiator module.

• edited July 2018

Every mixer channel should have a polarity flip, which is indispensible for checking accuracy of time alignement (usually by 'phasing out') one of 2 channels - and a sample delay for adjustment.

To avoid significant rework on existing apps, an AU effect doing adjustable delay in single sample steps could add this polarity flip.
    Ideally in 2 flavours:
    one for measuring to explore the amount of delay required
    and a simplified 'runtime' without flip and no other GUI than a popup to select from your (say) 12 favourite sample delay values (which is usually sufficient)

• If were talking real game changer then it has to be something that is not currently possible, and by that I don't mean Running Reason or Ableton, I mean adding workflow or functionality we don't have at all, as opposed to being available but in bits here and there.

Something that would change how we are able to work..something like .....

This that lets you make music in the rain :D

• first things first :+1: lol

• -AUv3 host that automatically resize and create layout of AUv3 windows.

-AUv3 host with a toolbar shortcut always visible to navigate between AUv3 windows.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    If were talking real game changer then it has to be something that is not currently possible, and by that I don't mean Running Reason or Ableton, I mean adding workflow or functionality we don't have at all, as opposed to being available but in bits here and there.

Something that would change how we are able to work..something like .....

This that lets you make music in the rain :D

:lol: Funniest thing I've read in a while.

Also, your and my mind must've been on the same page, because I came up with that exact "record the MIDI output" solution and was going to post that as a "bandaid" solution. Rock on mate, :sunglasses: