Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My vote for biggest iOS upcoming game changer is:

Comments

• I think the big game changer which will tip every musician over to iOS from any other means of production or creation will be AR based UIs. A full comprehensive interactive intelligent synth user interface within augmented reality would be so liberating that it would be irresistible. If it only worked within the AR realm, well, who cares? Stay in AR.

Also it should be released on international talk like a pirate day. Anything to do with AR should be.

• edited July 2018

Future desires - Reason for iOS would be a biggie for me, but only if it works well with the desktop version. I don’t need another iMaschine.

For now though AUM/Brambos/Steppolyarp/AU’s have been a more recent game changer for me, with the Spacecraft tempo sync update and Quanta release putting a cherry on the top.

When those two drop I’ll be a happy bunny, and ready to embark on a new phase of iOS projects.

• I think, from my limited experience in all this, that Apple's solving of the heat buildup issue would possibly supplant desktop daws. iOS affordability, touchability and portability, increasing RAM and ROM. What is left to conquer but the heat?
    That would be something else.

• @brambos said:
    Ah yes, the iOS scene and its obsession with stuff that isn't out yet :D

With so many great releases on iOS and the pace of advancement, it’s exciting times. Who can blame people for being intrigued and excited about what’s coming next? :)

• if we are talking hardware then I want an ipad with internal sample rate of 96khz, more RAM and usb c. As far as apps that are officially known I say DRAMBO is very exciting!

• edited July 2018

@u0421793 said:
    I think the big game changer which will tip every musician over to iOS from any other means of production or creation will be AR based UIs...

valid point - before Apple aquired Metaio (a Munich company focussed on Augmented Reality solutions) I watched some of their stuff (by chance) in a tiny booth at a trade show.
    Very impressive, first of all how well considered those apps were.
    Metaio saved my day on an otherwise fairly boring visit B)

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @PhilW I can’t wait for Quanta iOS too, first thing I'm going to try is sample some of Optigans bits and pieces, that should be fun.

Also on the other thing, I have zero clue as to when it will be released but it will be fucking huge

That sounds like the biggest iOS music making app ever.... there are a lot of great apps.... some huge apps....... but none so far that are ‘fucking huge’. There are tons of synths which are pretty massive- and described as ‘excellent’ by yourself Doug. So it has to be a synth- probably with a ton of presets and a Virtual Analogue synth with new modelling technology - but with bigger extras as well - a complex sequencer with effects (over one hundred) per channel- and a sampler with extensive slicing, editing and importing capabilities and also recordable Kaoss type pads- included will be an extensive filing system with drag and drop on to the timeline. It will render all other apps almost obsolete and be bug free. It will herald a massive step forward in iOS music making and will please almost everyone........... unfortunately it will not be available as an AUv3 :o

• @MonzoPro said

For now though AUM/Brambos/Steppolyarp/AU’s have been a more recent game changer for me, with the Spacecraft tempo sync update and Quanta release putting a cherry on the top.

I can absolutely sign this.
    AUM/apematrix in combination with Rozeta and SPA ist atm the standard for me too! So convenient and a bliss to work with. Although SPA still is not the AU sequencer I dreamed of

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:
    Buy John Lennon as an IAP

Best post ever :D

That’s if our kids even have kids....probably all just fall in love with zero maintenance algo’s ;)

I would already be comfortable with a zero maintenance "hardware GF" (of course that includes zero kids as well
    :neutral:)

• Maybe Mr Woods mean upcoming NI Komplete 12 for iOS? ;-)

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Maybe Mr Woods mean upcoming NI Komplete 12 for iOS? ;-)

😂

• @Dawdles I know you're into BM3, so here's a very simple example:
    If the iPad is mounted in appropriate height so the front cam captures a paper (or whatever) picturing the sample pads, you could have the pads availble in sample edit mode - no switching required.

The system is quite sophisticated in recognizing a variety of objects.
    Imho the biggest challenge for developers is to think even more beyond 'used to...' schemes than multitouch or the still common desktop paradigm.
    While the example above is user-interface related (for simplicty) there's no restriction for what the input stream with all it's interaction data can be used.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loopy Masterpiece with Ableton export.
    Maybe 2025...

• edited July 2018

most of that stuff is about 3D VR including the common problem of no motion feedback.
    It looks cool, but can be an exhausting physical experience.
    The only AR part (I noticed) was the notes-over-the keys learning example... , something solved much better by Casio ages ago with a simple row of LEDs along the keyboard (but not that successful afaik)
    Behringer is trying to jump the buzzword train as usual, with few substance to offer.
    (yes, I love to hate them) >:) o:)

• Patterning 2 has my mouth watering, and Drambo might be preetee kewl. If Ape or Aum made a dedicated loop sampler (for immediate bounce > playback) that would be HUGE as well, we don't need full schmableton, just the most basic resample / loop feature set would really make the constant little doodads I make much more easily assembled into a set of some sort...

• And I have to say... I'm not really all that enthusiastic about NI or Able crashing the party. Probably inevitable at some point, but I'm really liking the lil community we have without them here. BUT (always a butt...)... if I could plug my Maschine in and have it work basically same as my laptop.... that might be hard to resist.

• Holophone?
    I was in a big shopping center today where are also lots of restaurants and i was really shocked that 9 of 10 people all starring in their phones while walking or sitting together on a table instead of realizing the real world and/or talking to each other. What a world of smombies :o

• @Cib said:
    Holophone?
    I was in a big shopping center today where are also lots of restaurants and i was really shocked that 9 of 10 people all starring in their phones while walking or sitting together on a table instead of realizing the real world and/or talking to each other. What a world of smombies :o

9 out of 10 people have been emancipated from the curse of their physical geography. I’d say this is progress 👽

• @realdawei said:

@Cib said:
    Holophone?

9 out of 10 people have been emancipated from the curse of their physical geography. I’d say this is progress 👽

:D
    The bone doctors will be happy with all these broken necks!

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    I know what I think it will be but I can’t say because I'm under a horrifically tight NDA, seriously

I once saw a crazy NDA that said you cannot even say you are under an NDA.

• @sinextesia said:
    The upcoming BM3 3.1 version for me (date?). Hopefully they will improve the keyboard (scale mode) and introduce some workflow improvements in song mode (freeze pattern to audio..).
    Such a long time without having news from Intua, hopefully they are working in version 3.1 and not in a desktop version...

Sigh... I do love BM3, such a shame though that the automation bugs were not buttoned up yet. I find as time goes on without the mythic update to fix them that I just can’t rave about it and try and bring people into the fold like I used to. It sounds like those issues were fixed ages ago but have yet to see the light of day. I swear if it comes out and is as solid as some beta testers attest I will be a ranting crazy person endorsing it again.

• Not sure about ‘game changer’, but the rest of the Sugar Bytes collection on iOS would be nice.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Not sure about ‘game changer’, but the rest of the Sugar Bytes collection on iOS would be nice.

Oooh yes, the continued AUification of them as well. Egoist AU along with fully capturable Spacecraft automation in BM3 will be a personal game changer. I think in the end given the range of people/skills/styles/tastes there is no single global iOS gamechanger.

• @Telefunky said:

Behringer is trying to jump the buzzword train as usual, …

What, are they about to release their Blockchain synthesiser?

• But (some OT), if I had to choose between Reason Mobile DAW and some rain here in Sweden, I choose RAIN!

It’s a fuckin’ disaster just now here, from north to south, with farmers going out of water and food for all animals...
    Almost no rain in ten weeks with high temperatures and sunny as hell...

In a country that use to have two month summer and the rest cold as hell...