Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spacecraft post part 2

Comments

• @deltaVaudio I am unable to load more than one instance as an effect in a AUM strip . I was hoping to load multiple instances with different samples in each all in AUM...not possible ?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ok thanks, that makes sense.

One other question about sync. Is there any way to pick the sync quantize (1/2, 1/4, 1/8).
    I think I’ve looked in all the menus but can’t find anything sync related other than turning it on.
    Thanks again!

• edited July 2018

@thepinkelefant try one per channel, dsp is only 22% on a 6th gen standard ipad

• @Dawdles it seems to work fine in beatmaker3 although all I've done is load it in as an fx (I haven't used bm3 much)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @deltaVaudio said:
    @lukesleepwalker I know ! I'm really excited about releasing this build. please try to break it as much as possible!

I've started making music in AUM myself, the workflow is so slick. I just setup as AU, put any other things in parallel such as drums etc. and just jam, then I record everything in AUM and share to dropbox or whatever.

Also, I take it you have used the ableton link feature built into AUM?

Yep.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Yep.

If you're using ableton link + the tempo sync feature in spacecraft, please let me know if you notice any drift in timing, I haven't noticed any in my testing so far. (make sure you set sync in both sequencers tho otherwise it will sound out of time).

• @thepinkelefant said:
    @deltaVaudio I am unable to load more than one instance as an effect in a AUM strip . I was hoping to load multiple instances with different samples in each all in AUM...not possible ?

Had the same thing happen emailed @deltaVaudio about it.

• V> @thepinkelefant said:

@deltaVaudio I am unable to load more than one instance as an effect in a AUM strip . I was hoping to load multiple instances with different samples in each all in AUM...not possible ?

If you load 1 AU instance and 1 IAA instance that allows for up to 4 different samples.

• edited July 2018

@deltaVaudio said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Yep.

If you're using ableton link + the tempo sync feature in spacecraft, please let me know if you notice any drift in timing, I haven't noticed any in my testing so far. (make sure you set sync in both sequencers tho otherwise it will sound out of time).

I would like to see a list of modes in a background window if possible for future version please. 🤤

• @Jumpercollins can't you just load two strips? (see my image I posted about with x2 AU spacecraft in AUM).

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @Jumpercollins can't you just load two strips? (see my image I posted about with x2 AU spacecraft in AUM).

Just emailed u back !

• Ok guys, just to clear things up, it is possible to load 4 different samples across two different instances of spacecraft in AUM. Strangely the open file window always appears in the same instance but the samples end up in the correct place.

https://dropbox.com/s/i1gwgjk85gir2oj/ScreenRecording_07-07-2018%2019-41-26.MP4?dl=0

• edited July 2018

@deltaVaudio said:
    Ok guys, just to clear things up, it is possible to load 4 different samples across two different instances of spacecraft in AUM. Strangely the open file window always appears in the same instance but the samples end up in the correct place.

https://dropbox.com/s/i1gwgjk85gir2oj/ScreenRecording_07-07-2018%2019-41-26.MP4?dl=0

Currently the max is two AU instances and one IAA in AUM with iPad Pro 9.7 2017 model which is plenty!

• AUM has Link so if SpaceCraft is hosted there you already have it

• edited July 2018

@deltaVaudio said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Yep.

Will put through paces later and report back.

Separate topic: have you played with Samplr at all? It has a similar instrument feel to it because everything is on one screen and easily accessible. The one thing that I'd love in spacecraft is the ability to swiftly switch between four instances without switching screens. Samplr solves this with buttons along the bottom that allow fast switching. I get that I can have two at one time and multiple AUs but there's something about having everything in one place that makes the flow so easy. Anyway, maybe food for thought.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    I don’t want to deviate too much but is ableton link preferred over midi clock for accuracy, this is something I lack knowledge in. I have heard if you use link you shouldn’t have midi clock on, is this true? Latency is really high on my list.

As I understand it, midi clock is the worst way of syncing unless nothing else is available.

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @AudioGus you're back!

Twas the siren call of the Testflight what lured me back. The update is sweet! This may be the app that gets me into the Apematrix, pending the state saving and au param nuttery.

• edited July 2018

@AudioGus still no state saving, I'm looking into that now.

param nuttery has been cleaned up in a recent update, just make sure you don't play with the 'donotmodify' ones which I will have to remove at some point in future)

• edited July 2018

For any of you mentalists that like to open x2 spacecrafts in a single host, the file loading only works if both spacecraft GUI are open at the same time (and you will notice the first instance always contains the file chooser).

I'll try to fix this in a future update :)

• Here's one from me.
    I tend not to use that sequencer area much and instead tweak the other parameters for more of a morphing soundscape.
    Added some samples on top from the 1943 Navy instructional diving film seen in the video.

• @1nsomniak wow, this is so good man. It that only using spacecraft?? I guess the vocals are added with something else. It has a Boards of Canada feel to it.

• @deltaVaudio thanks, yes its mostly just one take of SpaceCraft. The vocals were added after and there are also some garbled vocals/sound fx that went though SpaceCraft on their own. The SC source material was created with various other apps. Don't remember what they all were exactly as I was digging through past creations to use.

Ive made about a dozen songs with this vibe and was getting a bit worried that since mine sounded similar that everyone's creations with SpaceCraft might sound the same. But then after hearing the cool creations from this forum I realized that people are using it in different creative ways and sounding very different which was a big relief! This app is more diverse than I first suspected.

Im most looking forward to not using iCloud to load samples but will be giving the Link Sync a chance as well.

• @1nsomniak said:
    @deltaVaudio thanks, yes its mostly just one take of SpaceCraft. The vocals were added after and there are also some garbled vocals/sound fx that went though SpaceCraft on their own. The SC source material was created with various other apps. Don't remember what they all were exactly as I was digging through past creations to use.

Ive made about a dozen songs with this vibe and was getting a bit worried that since mine sounded similar that everyone's creations with SpaceCraft might sound the same. But then after hearing the cool creations from this forum I realized that people are using it in different creative ways and sounding very different which was a big relief! This app is more diverse than I first suspected.

Im most looking forward to not using iCloud to load samples but will be giving the Link Sync a chance as well.

I like your thinking. It important to push our own sound in everything we do. A good instrument should allow this and a great one will enhance this. ✌️

• edited July 2018

There is some realtime crackling in the video but the recorded multistream output in AUM is solid, praise be the buffers!

• @AudioGus said:

Ho-ly. How do you keep yourself fully conscious jamming like this? You just sunk me into the back of the sofa and I’m having trouble getting up :smiley:

• @gusgranite said:

@AudioGus said:

Ho-ly. How do you keep yourself fully conscious jamming like this? You just sunk me into the back of the sofa and I’m having trouble getting up :smiley:

Thanks Gus Brother, I even got a little wistful on this one. Choked up over Shoom!