Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spacecraft post part 2

Comments

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rests would be a great feature and midi out of touch parameters if possible.

• @MonzoPro said:
    My favourite app of the year so far.

I bought it but it's not showing up as an AU inside cubasis or aum. In its current state it's only working inside apeMatrix unless I'm doing something wrong. I like it (Idensity with a built-in arp) but definitely feels unfinished in its current state.

How do you use it ?

Exporting wav. files is not what I expected from an app you called your fav app of the year.

• @Proto said:

@MonzoPro said:

I bought it but it's not showing up as an AU inside cubasis or aum. In its current state it's only working inside apeMatrix unless I'm doing something wrong. I like it (Idensity with a built-in arp) but definitely feels unfinished in its current state.

How do you use it ?

Exporting wav. files is not what I expected from an app you called your fav app of the year.

When using in AUM you need to use it as a AUFX.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Proto said:

@MonzoPro said:

How do you use it ?

It's working now inside aum and cubasis. No state saving but it works.
    Thanks a lot. :)

• edited August 2018

@Proto said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Proto said:

@MonzoPro said:

How do you use it ?

🙂 the dev is looking into state saving but I’m not sure how feasible it is. You can now save the presets so you can recall parameter settings. In AUM at least.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Proto said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Proto said:

@MonzoPro said:

How do you use it ?

🙂 the dev is looking into state saving but I’m not sure how feasible it is. You can now save the presets so you can recal parameter settings.

Thanks for the info.
    I only hope it will support keyboard/midi input in the future instead of using the arp to trigger sounds. It is constantly playing untill you hit the stop button (same with idensity, borderlands). It's nice to record live performances, but not very suited to program a song without doing a lot of automation on the volume fade in/out settings. I really wish Spacecraft and Idensity could respond to start/stop by playing a note. Just some feature wishes for an already great sounding app. Like it so far.

• edited August 2018

@Proto said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Proto said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Proto said:

@MonzoPro said:

How do you use it ?

🙂 the dev is looking into state saving but I’m not sure how feasible it is. You can now save the presets so you can recal parameter settings.

Thanks for the info.
    I only hope it will support keyboard/midi input in the future instead of using the arp to trigger sounds. It is constantly playing untill you hit the stop button (same with idensity, borderlands). It's nice to record live performances, but not very suited to program a song without doing a lot of automation on the volume fade in/out settings. I really wish Spacecraft and Idensity could respond to start/stop by playing a note. Just some feature wishes for an already great sounding app. Like it so far.

It will support midi keyboard input with chromatic scale at some point. Not sure about the start/stop by playing a note though.

• edited August 2018
  • edited August 2018
  • Don’t believe current version of SC has midi output, hopefully that Is possible at some point.

• Just a little something I put together with SpaceCraft over the weekend. Enjoy.

• edited August 2018

@Dawdles The only way to automate the xy pads in SC is to assign midi control to the parameters in a host. So you could use Rozeta to control any of the XY pads, for example. This is very convenient in AUM as you have midi learn feature built into AUM.

For the future (only once presets and midi are implemented) I plan to build some sort of simple gesture recorder functionality inside spacecraft. This will allow you do pretty much the same thing as above but will be more convenient and easier to use than having a different app determine the automation (and will also work in standalone).

Good stuff @Jumpercollins !

• Is there any chance of a midi out function for the touch controls or is that not feasible? That would be useful for syncing other synths to the mentioned gesture recorder.

• @[Deleted User] it is feasible. I'll bear that in mind mate.

• I think this new midi app (forgot the name, but you can automate stuff with it) could function as a sort of recording ??!? Don’t have it, just got the idea...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @deltaVaudio said:
    @[Deleted User] it is feasible. I'll bear that in mind mate.

Thank you KB, let’s see what happens. 👍

• @deltaVaudio if you plan adding gesture recording please make it sync to bpm :)

• edited August 2018

@Jumpercollins said:
    Just a little something I put together with SpaceCraft over the weekend. Enjoy.

Heya - I like the video you have going along with this... I am a VJ by trade (15+ years) and haven't seen much iOS VJ apps that seem very interesting yet... Did you do this elsewhere?

To see some of my stuff go here: https://vimeo.com/tracervisuals

Is a good example of the sort of stuff I want to be able to do on iOS - video feedback networks...

Cheers,

• @scottsunn said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Just a little something I put together with SpaceCraft over the weekend. Enjoy.

Heya - I like the video you have going along with this... I am a VJ by trade (15+ years) and haven't seen much iOS VJ apps that seem very interesting yet... Did you do this elsewhere?

To see some of my stuff go here: https://vimeo.com/tracervisuals

Is a good example of the sort of stuff I want to be able to do on iOS - video feedback networks...

Cheers,

Hi @scottsunn it was all made inside LumaFusion probably the best video editing app on iOS at the present time. There isn’t a lot of iOS VJ apps out there I agree, but there are a few video editing and design apps that you can combine.

• Revised improvisation with SpaceCraft and Zeeon. SC is slightly buried under everything else, but it’s in there making an important contribution...

• much like many others here, I'm loving Spacecraft a lot. App of the year? (maybe tied with Grooverider?)
    Anyways, like others, I wanted to share one of my tracks - 2 instances of SC & Patterning providing a basic drum beat - most of the tracks shared using SpaceCraft have been beatless and more ambient, so thought it'd be cool to hear the app in action with a beat going. (also used a little bit of EOs2 reverb on 1 instance of SC - no mixing/mastering done)

I can't wait for state saving of samples - for this track above - It was my 2nd take recording and I wanted to go do another try, but when I came back to AUM from Audioshare to view the file and listen, spacecraft (both instances) had crashed. I couldn't remember which 4 samples I had loaded exactly , so couldn't recreate.

• @TheOriginalPaulB that synth has a lovely analogue sound to it I'll need to check that one out !

@Halftone I notice you reduce the grain frequency around half way through which makes the notes start to blend together. Real nice.

• edited August 2018

Wow beta update midi and live sampling where’s my midi keyboard. Seems rock solid no crashes the midi aspect opens this app right up into the iOS ecosystem great.

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @TheOriginalPaulB that synth has a lovely analogue sound to it I'll need to check that one out !

It’s one of the best, I think. Here’s a demo of 25 of my presets for it.

• SpaceCraft and the forthcoming Gestrument Pro are like a match made in heaven just been noodling with them both since their updates fabulous tools for soundscaping.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    SpaceCraft and the forthcoming Gestrument Pro are like a match made in heaven just been noodling with them both since their updates fabulous tools for soundscaping.

You can send midi out using Gestrument Pro to SpaceCraft works a treat with the automation inside.