Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spacecraft post part 2

Comments

• edited July 2018

@1nsomniak said:
    Here's one from me.
    I tend not to use that sequencer area much and instead tweak the other parameters for more of a morphing soundscape.
    Added some samples on top from the 1943 Navy instructional diving film seen in the video.

Beauty! Really lovely intergration of material. Brings me back to my days soaking in the tub listening to Orbus Terarrum with a bottle of wine. :)

• edited July 2018

Nice one @AudioGus

I bought a little stereo mic for my ipad today, but Spacecraft defaults to mono input (I know)! So I'm going to add a stereo/mono toggle button next to the monitor button when recording :)

Also the latest beta has been submitted for release to the app store so should be going live in the next 24 hours :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @deltaVaudio said:
    Rally great to be here

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• @1nsomniak said:
    Here's one from me.
    I tend not to use that sequencer area much and instead tweak the other parameters for more of a morphing soundscape.
    Added some samples on top from the 1943 Navy instructional diving film seen in the video.

Man this is really dope ! I wanna own this.wav !!
    Would love to hear the original samples you used in SC to kinda understand how you got there with it

• @AudioGus thanks, I remember being so excited for new Orb releases back in that era. I like your track too, very cool the way you integrated all those apps with AUM. Mine is basically just SpaceCraft. I just got AUM this week and am figuring it out, its made me realize why everyone is so AU3 crazy around here!

@reasOne glad you enjoyed it, Id rather not post the exact source material but I can explain what I used. They were previous ambient sketches that were pretty simple lush pads and some minimal percussion all reverbed out already.

Not sure if I should mention this but you can download .wav from youtube using this site:
    https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/video-converter
    If the video is HD (which mine is) I think the quality should be good.

• @1nsomniak yo brother totally understand that !
    I deff didn't mean to ask for your sample haha but I was just curious how you got some of the tones, I've been stalking Instagram watching people's work flow on screen capture just to get ideas as well as messing with my own....
    I made a sample out of a few small one shots all recorded them into one sample then loaded it up in SC so I could scroll around thru different parts of it and get different vibes, that was a fun experiment I'll probably do more of...
    Just recorded some synth lines and merged em all into one track and randomly thru some percussion and other elements over top in random places to see what it could do and man I gotta admit that SC is so addicting and fun... I've always been a huge fan of granular and this deff is a bad ass app that just adds so much fun and inspiration to the creation process ,

• @reasOne hey no problem, Im having fun trying different techniques as well. My main suggestion would be to sample bits of songs rather than just individual instruments. Im going back to loops I made that I got stuck on that never became songs and it feels good to get some use out of them now! My initial impression was that SC totally mangles sounds but I see now that a lot of the original effects and stuff carry over quite a bit.

• @1som>; @1nsomniak said:

@reasOne hey no problem, Im having fun trying different techniques as well. My main suggestion would be to sample bits of songs rather than just individual instruments. Im going back to loops I made that I got stuck on that never became songs and it feels good to get some use out of them now! My initial impression was that SC totally mangles sounds but I see now that a lot of the original effects and stuff carry over quite a bit.

Deff! I imported a track I made that was good but wasn't really worthy of release and jammed it in SC and that deff made the song good, then I played the original in the background of my SC jam And got some cool things as well..
    Deff more than a mangler !

• @deltaVaudio
    Anxious for the release for windows and android too :smiley:
    We never have too much spacecraft! :lol:

Just a sidenote... put the itunes link on your page :wink:

• I just got totaly freaked out with loading single wave forms into SC. You see nothing on the sample screen because its a single wave. Put the LFO slider to the utmost left and also the sample view. And experiment with the pitch/ring window (especialy below the red line). For the single wave forms i used the AKWF one’s
    https://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/adventure-kid-waveforms/
    You can get twirks, bleeps, drones ala BBC Radiophonic workshop scifi alien planet sounds out of it :)

• edited July 2018

@Identor said:
    I just got totaly freaked out with loading single wave forms into SC. You see nothing on the sample screen because its a single wave. Put the LFO slider to the utmost left and also the sample view. And experiment with the pitch/ring window (especialy below the red line). For the single wave forms i used the AKWF one’s
    You can get twirks, bleeps, drones ala BBC Radiophonic workshop scifi alien planet sounds out of it :)

If you have a DAW that allows importing multiple files into single track then you can export large pieces into one single wav file and import it back to Spacecraft ;)

• @Identor said:
    I just got totaly freaked out with loading single wave forms into SC. You see nothing on the sample screen because its a single wave. Put the LFO slider to the utmost left and also the sample view. And experiment with the pitch/ring window (especialy below the red line). For the single wave forms i used the AKWF one’s

Yooooo
    This is a rad find man ! You can't see the wave, you're right but deff can hear it!
    Just zoned out for 20 minutes on this hahaah

• It has now link !! What was already amazing is now becoming more than that...

• The sync update should be on the app store any moment now.

• Perhaps (I haven't tried) create a longer single cycle file by recording in AUM when Audioshare autoplays a folder of single cycles. Then put this longer file into Spacecraft and let the LFO add more sonic variation by slightly changing which single cycle you are using.

• @deltaVaudio said:
    The sync update should be on the app store any moment now.

Yesssss

• @bleep said:
    Perhaps (I haven't tried) create a longer single cycle file by recording in AUM when Audioshare autoplays a folder of single cycles. Then put this longer file into Spacecraft and let the LFO add more sonic variation by slightly changing which single cycle you are using.

That would be dope

• Hopefully it will get an AudioShare and AudioCopy Support too. But iCloud is already bliss.
    I love it. I feel like everytime i use it I come up with some new sounds and new craziness :)

Will it be available in the instrument slot also sometime!?

The singe Cycle wav trick was awesome...

• This update does not require iCloud drive to be enabled so you can go airplane mode and wear a tinfoil hat whilst you jam ;)

• @Identor said:
    I just got totaly freaked out with loading single wave forms into SC. You see nothing on the sample screen because its a single wave.

That sounds like a bug. You should be able to see the waveform if any sized sample. Would you mind giving a description in a PM of what's happening ?

• @deltaVaudio said:
    The sync update should be on the app store any moment now.

Fantastic, thank you!

• It's live !

What's New
    Version History
    Jul 10, 2018 Version 1.0.3

1. File loading/saving works without iCloud Drive enabled
    2. File loading/saving works when using as AU inside a host such as AUM, apeMatrix, Audiobus 3, Beatmaker 3 etc.
    3. Tempo sync implemented (activate it in settings): in standalone you can choose the tempo, when using as AU it will automatically sync to the host temp
    4. Ableton link supported (via sync feature above) when using SpaceCraft as an AU Effect in an Ableton link compatible host (e.g. AUM, apeMatrix)
    5. "back to host" button appears when using as IAA
    6. Single note mode on keyboard, so you can move your finger fast over the keys to play melodies without note latching
    7. Scale mode on pitch/mod X/Y-pad (quantises the pitch to whatever scale the keyboard is in)
    8. Added a monitor button which appears when you record input
    9. Now when you record input in one sequencer, the playback doesn't cut out on the other sequencer, for a more seamless performance
  • @deltaVaudio said:
    It's live !

What's New
    Version History

2. File loading/saving works when using as AU inside a host such as AUM, apeMatrix, Audiobus 3, Beatmaker 3 etc.
    3. Tempo sync implemented (activate it in settings): in standalone you can choose the tempo, when using as AU it will automatically sync to the host temp
    4. Ableton link supported (via sync feature above) when using SpaceCraft as an AU Effect in an Ableton link compatible host (e.g. AUM, apeMatrix)
    6. Single note mode on keyboard, so you can move your finger fast over the keys to play melodies without note latching
    7. Scale mode on pitch/mod X/Y-pad (quantises the pitch to whatever scale the keyboard is in)
    9. Now when you record input in one sequencer, the playback doesn't cut out on the other sequencer, for a more seamless performance

Congrats on the release--this is a monster (in a good way)!

• @deltaVaudio The auv3 and the iaa plug-in is not anymore available in aum...

• @Cristus it's still an AU/IAA effect. Look in the second slot ;)

• Oh yessss Sorry.... Thanks

• Nice app Very love it

• Amazing updates ! Thanks brother !!

• @deltaVaudio said:
    It's live !

What's New
    Version History

Brilliant update, working perfectly here.