Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spacecraft post part 2

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @deltaVaudio said:
    That sounds like a bug. You should be able to see the waveform if any sized sample. Would you mind giving a description in a PM of what's happening ?

Just a guess: you average over N samples for the graphics, but when the input is single cycle this becomes just a dot?

• I am unreasonably excited to play around with this update. As soon as $day-job gives me a little breathing room, I can't wait to get back to my AUM session from a couple days ago. Between Ripplemaker + Collider (as both a drone and a sound source for Spacecraft), Spacecraft, Turnado, and some Rozeta LFO sprinkled on top, I was already making something that was the closest I've yet come to what I imagined being able to do when I started getting into making music on my iPad. Clock sync and scale following for the spacecraft controls will be even better!

• I've put this on the website: when the file chooser (white background) is open make sure you don't close the AU window. Either choose a file or tap cancel. This rule applies to single AU instance too.

• @deltaVaudio only made it through a few pages on the original thread and the first here, will try to catch up but wanted to say i love the app so far and appreciate devs checking in and expressing interest to give us more value, while keeping a cool head with some uncool reviews. Great app. Great potential. My one request is tempo awareness, if when moving the grain slider it jumps to divisions of the master tempo it would be awesome,... great work nonetheless.

• Is there a trick to loading sounds? I still only see iCloud drive as an option.

• @1nsomniak which iOS version are you on? If it's < iOS 11 then I'm afraid you're stuck will reduced folder options until I can get better Audioshare integration up and running! But I need to get state saving working before that.

@vpich thanks for these positive comments! I have an idea about showing the frequency bands, a shaded row could appear only when you are holding down on the pad showing the limits of the row you are in, I can do the same for the 'scale' mode for the pitch XYpad

• @deltaVaudio said:

@vpich thanks for these positive comments! I have an idea about showing the frequency bands, a shaded row could appear only when you are holding down on the pad showing the limits of the row you are in, I can do the same for the 'scale' mode for the pitch Xypad.

That would be cool too, but i mean the granular slice speed. If it could have the option to “step” to divisions of the tempo. 1/32, 1/16, etc, that way you can alter in realtime and not go off beat.

• @vpich ah, unless I'm misinterpreting you, this is already implemented! make sure you're on the latest update, then go to settings, and tap sync. Then the grains will sync to a tempo. If you're in standalone you can choose the tempo in the app. If you run in a host like AUM etc. it will follow the tempo of the host. Even better, if the host has Ableton link, then spacecraft also has Ableton link! (at least I think that's what you're getting at)

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @1nsomniak which iOS version are you on? If it's < iOS 11 then I'm afraid you're stuck will reduced folder options until I can get better Audioshare integration up and running! But I need to get state saving working before that.

Ok Im on 10.3. Would audio copy/paste be a viable option in the future?

Also a strange thing I see with iCloud is the Documents app shows up as an alternate location but nothing else, any idea whats special about it? I can't find a setting that would add other apps in there. I don't think this is specific to SpaceCraft.

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @vpich ah, unless I'm misinterpreting you, this is already implemented! make sure you're on the latest update, then go to settings, and tap sync. Then the grains will sync to a tempo. If you're in standalone you can choose the tempo in the app. If you run in a host like AUM etc. it will follow the tempo of the host. Even better, if the host has Ableton link, then spacecraft also has Ableton link! (at least I think that's what you're getting at)

ahhh, yes, that's it.. perfect. and scale mode on pitch is apparently underway.. for my uses (live looping and grabbing a melodic line and then messing with them and sampling with my octatrack) this is going to be perfect,...layered with some other fx in aum.. great..thanks.

ps.i've had identity for a couple of years and could never figure out how to even get audio in, apart from importing, which requires a lot of preproduction...maybe it can be done...somehow it's too full of features and buttons etc.. i like that this is streamlined to do what i wanted and i can chain on whatever else i would want. it's not a daw, which needs to do everything.

• @1nsomniak yeah, sorry about that. I feel bad for the iOS 10ers. The main issue is exactly that, there seems to be no way of adding 'locations' like you can in iOS11. Although I'm still not 100% certain that it's impossible somehow!

Audio copy/paste could be, I'm looking into all options there.

• @vpich haha cool, and if you look in settings, the scale quantisation in the pitch XY pad is also already implemented. It matches whichever scale you choose in the sequencer (also in settings).

• killer app !
    killer Dev :)
    Thanks for all the great continuous work.

• @Mayo thanks man. I'm pretty chuffed right now as I have state saving and presets working for AU and IAA! Still have some file access in AU/IAA details to iron out tho ;)

• @deltaVaudio said: I'm pretty chuffed right now as I have state saving and presets working for AU and IAA!

Yes!!!! :smiley:

• Awesome! now get Robert Rich!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @deltaaudio. not sure if it was talked about, or if is something planned. but is there any plans to have midi in. so that an external keyboard can play notes into the app, and maybe use a modhweel to control parameters in the app?
    just curious

• It will eventually. I will release the VST before the end of the year so it will need midi for that, which will also be available to the iOS version

• @reasOne said:
    I thought AUM would remember the sample and tweaks to sc but it didn't 🔱

Not reading the rest of the thread, just wanted to say the above and that I am really impressed with this app.

Quanta coming etc and being a lover of Borderlands (update would be immense!) I wrote off this app until all those amazing updates were added the other day. Besides that glitch mentioned above, this app is excellent and I feel a Tim Hecker/Fennesz homage record being made of me before the end of year.

• Yes ! I saw this earlier on industry's
    Instagram, and was like YES!!

• @Calverhall state-saving and presets is not implemented yet, but I have started working on it and managed to save some presets for the XYpads, getting it to remember the file loaded is a different story tho!

• Yes ! I saw this earlier on industry's
    Instagram, and was like YES!!

My jaw was wide open for about a minute after I saw that one! haha

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @Calverhall state-saving and presets is not implemented yet, but I have started working on it and managed to save some presets for the XYpads, getting it to remember the file loaded is a different story tho!

State saving of files would make this app pretty much perfect. I've found myself sampling everything lately and getting some magic happening - but then I have to go do something else before I get a chance to record th magic... but I love this app and it's been the most fun I've had in months with one.

• @Halftone said:

@deltaVaudio said:
    @Calverhall state-saving and presets is not implemented yet, but I have started working on it and managed to save some presets for the XYpads, getting it to remember the file loaded is a different story tho!

State saving of files would make this app pretty much perfect. I've found myself sampling everything lately and getting some magic happening - but then I have to go do something else before I get a chance to record th magic... but I love this app and it's been the most fun I've had in months with one.

Indeed. The other day I had a bowl with a few unpopped popcorn kernels at the bottom. I recorded the sound of the kernels swirling around the bowl into SC and then lost an hour playing the sample. What fun!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Halftone said:

@deltaVaudio said:

Indeed. The other day I had a bowl with a few unpopped popcorn kernels at the bottom. I recorded the sound of the kernels swirling around the bowl into SC and then lost an hour playing the sample. What fun!

Yes. This afternoon the street noise of cars, people and a magpie screech led to some cool results - but I only had 4-5 mins to play.,,