Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spacecraft post part 2

Comments

• edited July 2018

I had the dopest piano sample chopped and fluttered... a fleeting moment to savour!

But I expect sample state saving is difficult. I don’t think it’s ever worked in ReSlice has it?

[Edit: files statesaving in ReSlice AU works fine!]

• @gusgranite said:
    I had the dopest piano sample chopped and fluttered... a fleeting moment to savour!

But I expect sample state saving is difficult. I don’t think it’s ever worked in ReSlice has it?

No, it works fine :)

• @Korakios said:

@gusgranite said:

No, it works fine :)

Thank you. I must have had a corrupted project. Have corrected my post.

• File state saving is a must for my workflow, I hope the dev get the clue to make it happen!

• edited July 2018

@synthi parameter state saving and presets for AU is almost ready. File recall within a preset will be much tougher tho. Still not sure of the best way to manage this .

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @deltaVaudio said:
    This update does not require iCloud drive to be enabled so you can go airplane mode and wear a tinfoil hat whilst you jam ;)

Sorry, this is not true now.

This app is still not useable for me. There is no way to record anything or to import samples, unless you activate iCloud. Please correct the app store description, it is misleading.

I think that record/file import would work with iOS 11.x. I am using iOS 10.3.3 (and i don't plan to update, because it slow downs my Airpad 1 and bricks other apps including Model D - audio crackles)

• @Looping_Loddar said:

@deltaVaudio said:
    This update does not require iCloud drive to be enabled so you can go airplane mode and wear a tinfoil hat whilst you jam ;)

Sorry, this is not true now.

This app is still not useable for me. There is no way to record anything or to import samples, unless you activate iCloud. Please correct the app store description, it is misleading.

I think that record/file import would work with iOS 11.x. I am using iOS 10.3.3 (and i don't plan to update, because it slow downs my Airpad 1 and bricks other apps including Model D - audio crackles)

It would be best to join the beta , or at least email the dev ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Looping_Loddar it is possible to record into spacecraft if you use it as an AU or IAA effect. This also work on iOS 10 :)

• Hey, just occurred to me, maybe @deltaVaudio is the guy who will reverse engineer a certain dying app beginning with S and make it sync like its 1999?

• I've been playing using samplr @supadom . I totally understand why it has legendary status

• @deltaVaudio said:
    It will eventually. I will release the VST before the end of the year so it will need midi for that, which will also be available to the iOS version

This could be the thing that sells it to me!

• @supadom said:
    Hey, just occurred to me, maybe @deltaVaudio is the guy who will reverse engineer a certain dying app beginning with S and make it sync like its 1999?

Legend tells of a man coming to bring forth a worthy successor of the spoken app. He has all what it takes to accomplished that legendary task! Way to go... @deltaVaudio

• @deltaVaudio said:
    I've been playing using samplr @supadom . I totally understand why it has legendary status

Nice! Your app is the closest in spirit to Samplr that I've seen in a while. Your emphasis on making SC an instrument really shines through.

• @david_2017 said:

@supadom said:
    Hey, just occurred to me, maybe @deltaVaudio is the guy who will reverse engineer a certain dying app beginning with S and make it sync like its 1999?

Legend tells of a man coming to bring forth a worthy successor of the spoken app. He has all what it takes to accomplished that legendary task! Way to go... @deltaVaudio

@david_2017 said:

@supadom said:

• @deltaVaudio said:
    I've been playing using samplr @supadom . I totally understand why it has legendary status

Can you see issues with implementing some of those play modes in spacecraft?

• @deltaVaudio said:

Rumour I heard is the Dev ended up working for Apple... he was last seen in Cali covered in tattoos and drinking wheatgrass smoothies.

• edited July 2018

Just bought, to see what this granular thing is all about. Lovely gui pulled me in, this thread, with developer joining in, sold it.

update I'm back after my lunch time play around. Holy crap, what fun! Just a dive in and enjoy app.

Now, an inevitable question : Does this lend itself strictly to chance music, or is there a way to "play" it more traditionally (eg. keyboard). Hear me, I don't mind non-trad at all, i'm just wondering if I can access it to use it more predictably. Sorry, if this is obvious to those who have been using it more than on their lunch hours.

• Here's a new weird one from me, a bit relaxing and a bit disturbing.
    100% SpaceCraft with samples added on top.
    Contains a couple more KLF Chill Out references with the train and sheep :)

@kinkujin said:
    Now, an inevitable question : Does this lend itself strictly to chance music, or is there a way to "play" it more traditionally (eg. keyboard). Hear me, I don't mind non-trad at all, i'm just wondering if I can access it to use it more predictably. Sorry, if this is obvious to those who have been using it more than on their lunch hours.

You can't exactly play it with a keyboard (there are other granular apps that do allow that) however you can somewhat sequence it. In the settings set the Grain Control to Sync and then use that matrix of squares to program a sequence/arpeggio.

• Love that 1somniak! The voice in there every now and then really added to it. And the lava.

Thanks for the tip. I had discovered that sequence thing. I guess I could sample the sequence and then use that in Gadget (Stockholm or Bilba, or in BM3).

Good stuff!

• @kinkujin midi is on the list for a future update :)

• Good to hear! Any plans to add a keyboard? Not that i'm requesting one . . .

• Just wanna chime in and say that I'm glad SC isn't controlled by keys...
    This is what makes it unique and unlike any other that I've used..
    The lack of keys and using the note/pitch/sequencer box, makes it more like controlling a space craft rather than just another synth...
    Totally re imagines how you manipulate sound and travel thru space 🚀

• edited July 2018

@reasOne said:
    Just wanna chime in and say that I'm glad SC isn't controlled by keys...
    The lack of keys and using the note/pitch/sequencer box, makes it more like controlling a space craft rather than just another synth...

Well the app also needs to be a VST so I assume a keyboard interface is required.

• Indeed Trev

• @reasOne said:

While I agree and prolly won't hook up a keyboard, I could also point out that you can just ignore that feature and have it your way. :p

• I like to use SC into other synth, fix and stuff... I would like to see a possibility to set key and so on to stay in tune.
    May be there could be a Switch, key and scale based vs. sonic adventurer or so

• ...> @lukesleepwalker said:

@reasOne said:

While I agree and prolly won't hook up a keyboard, I could also point out that you can just ignore that feature and have it your way. :p

I can't wait to hook it up to my Tenori, yum!

• edited July 2018

Hey guys, I'm really proud to share this with you...

https://audionewsroom.net/2018/07/spacecraft-review-granular-synth-meets-rocket-science-true-story.html

This also explains why I called it spacecraft ( which may be of interest to my fellow space nerds)