Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spacecraft post part 2

Comments

• Good review and delighted to know about your day job, Mark. Very cool!

• edited July 2018

My favourite app of the year so far.

• @MonzoPro said:
    My favourite app of the year so far.

High praise!

• edited July 2018

@deltaVaudio said:
    Hey guys, I'm really proud to share this with you...

https://audionewsroom.net/2018/07/spacecraft-review-granular-synth-meets-rocket-science-true-story.html

This also explains why I called it spacecraft ( which may be of interest to my fellow space nerds)

A lot of people are very happy for you, I look forward to seeing your music app take over the world 🌎

• @deltaVaudio
    Any news on getting samples into SC without iCloud or Dropbox?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks @Dawdles that's true if you are on. iOS 11. If you are on iOS 10 your options are more limited.

• @deltaVaudio thats cool that you are a space engineer by day.
    This is also my favourite app of the year, keep finding new ways to use it.

Im also on iOS 10 hoping for import options.

• So how are you all getting samples in?
    I browse and nothing seems to come up
    (my samples are all in Audioshare / iTunes file sharing )
    Do I need to have samples in some other location to import?

• @Mayo which version of iOS ?

• @Mayo said:
    So how are you all getting samples in?
    I browse and nothing seems to come up
    (my samples are all in Audioshare / iTunes file sharing )
    Do I need to have samples in some other location to import?

In order for AudioShare to be able to 'share' it's files using as an iOS FileProvider (which can then be accessed from all apps using iOS DocumentPicker/iCloudDrive) the files need to be moved out from the 'iTunes' folder.

If your device supports iOS11 and you're not dependent on 32-bit apps I would suggest an update to iOS11.
    (Or wait for the coming iOS12 update).

• IOS 11.0.2
    OK - IOS is so endlessly convoluted with files....
    @Samu - so I move files out of the iTunes folder and place into where?
    I do have documents by Readle - will this work.

• @Mayo good that you are on iOS 11 :). If you go into the iOS 'files' app and tap 'edit' in the top left , you can enable locations such as audioshare, Dropbox etc.. Then in spacecraft you will see those folder when you load or save a file

• edited August 2018

@Mayo said:
    IOS 11.0.2
    OK - IOS is so endlessly convoluted with files....
    @Samu - so I move files out of the iTunes folder and place into where?
    I do have documents by Readle - will this work.

Move them using AudioShare so they 'outside' of the 'iTunes File Sharing' folder.
    (Ie. go to the iTunes File Sharing' folder in AudioShare tap the check mark select all and them move them one level up).

The downside is you will not be able to access the files using iFunBox or iTunes but you can still use the WiFI drive feature to access the files from your computer.

And well, you can't even see the AudioShare files in Readdle Documents if they are still inside the iTunes folder in AudioShare.

• Thanks Samu,
    I will give that a go...
    More convoluted Apple file access BS
    DAMN i like iFunbox, it works so well :'(

• edited August 2018

So I decided to re organize all of my samples.
    Now how do I import samples from my mac sample library into the correct folder in Files App for SC to access?
    Seems all to be a very clumsy.
    iFunbox made it all so simple

• @Mayo said:
    So I decided to re organize all of my samples.
    Now how do I import samples from my mac sample library into the correct folder in Files App for SC to access?
    Seems all to be a very clumsy.
    iFunbox made it all so simple

If u have it put them all in AudioShare - the holy grail of file/sample management! (If not get it)

• OK - all good, moved AudioShare folders into Library.
    Blissing out on Spacecraft :)
    Thanks for the guidance

• This app is a total winner.
    I wish I could separate the outputs into 2 stereo channels in the near future :)

• @deltaVaudio Looking forward to the update of this great app. Quick question what is the way ahead if any within Spacecraft Granular for saving presets with samples? Do you intend to implement this feature at some point?

I notice AudioLayer lets you save instruments using your own samples from what I understand by disk streaming I may be wrong. Could this method be implemented inside Spacecraft?

• @Jumpercollins preset saving is in progress and currently in internal beta. It will be a while before it's ready as I have to implement preset file saving interface. I'm undecided regarding the exact mechanisms for audio files in the presets implementation. Trying different strategies :)

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @Jumpercollins preset saving is in progress and currently in internal beta. It will be a while before it's ready as I have to implement preset file saving interface. I'm undecided regarding the exact mechanisms for audio files in the presets implementation. Trying different strategies :)

Thanks for getting back, glad you are still investigating it.

• The videos for Spacecraft just keep getting better and better.

• @deltaVaudio have you thought of adding a snapshot feature? Separate from presets that can be saved, within a session it could recall X number of settings, chiefly playhead and grain settings. Maybe snapshots could even be selected by note input. I think it could add some additional performance functionality.

Obvious workaround is just to sample each wonderful serendipitous moment that this app creates.

• This is very cool.

By the way, @deltaVaudio whats the max length for an imported sample please? I notice that it’s clipping long samples I import.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 it's around 120s for each sequencer. In order to "guarantee" no audio glitches I need to have the entire sample loaded in ram so it limited the duration unfortunately. I would have nightmares doing real time granularisation reading from the file in storage so went with that compromise. The VST version does not have this limitation.

• edited August 2018

@deltaVaudio said:
    @Matt_Fletcher_2000 it's around 120s for each sequencer. In order to "guarantee" no audio glitches I need to have the entire sample loaded in ram so it limited the duration unfortunately. I would have nightmares doing real time granularisation reading from the file in storage so went with that compromise. The VST version does not have this limitation.

That’s great. Thanks. I now know to make my concatenated samples no longer than 120secs.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 it's actually 120*44800 samples so if you load a 98k sample you will have a shorter duration (120s * 44.8/98). Best to use 48k samples (or fewer) for this reason if you want max duration.

I could implement undersampling when you load the file (optional) to get around that truncation. But some people will surely want to have higher source audio sample rate for audio quality purposes.

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @Matt_Fletcher_2000 it's actually 120*44800 samples so if you load a 98k sample you will have a shorter duration (120s * 44.8/98). Best to use 48k samples (or fewer) for this reason if you want max duration.

I could implement undersampling when you load the file (optional) to get around that truncation. But some people will surely want to have higher source audio sample rate for audio quality purposes.

Thanks! I’m just a basic 44800 guy (I think!). All good with 120 secs. Forces me to be selective.