Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• FYI, Animoog on iPhone is a separate app

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:

@MobileMusic said:
    FYI, Animoog on iPhone is a separate app

Really? I don’t remember buying it twice but it was a long time ago.

If so, that’s the only Moog synth app that is separate for iPhone and iPad. The more recent Model D and 15 are both universal. And Animoog is the only one that isn’t AU, so maybe the reasons are linked?

iPad - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/animoog/id471638724?mt=8

iPhone - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/animoog-for-iphone/id490169960?mt=8

• I have no problem to pay for the specific iPhone version of Synthmaster One...
    I think I pay the developer too little already for all the incredible software that I run on my three iPads...

• Hi guys,

Thanks so much for your valuable feedback.

I'm leaning towards 2 apps:

1) Universal app that's for iPad+iPhone (existing SynthMaster One app) -> $19.99
    2) iPhone only app -> $4.99

The iPhone app will come with 200 presets, whereas the universal one 600 (yes we're gonna add 100 new presets to the app in our v1.2 update!). We'll add IAPs so that it's gonna be possible to upgrade to the remaining 400 presets (the desktop version comes will 1000 presets). I will also probably make cloud sync an IAP for the iPhone app, but it'll be a built-in feature for the universal app.

• I will start designing the iPhone skin today, and will get everyone's feedback during the process :smiley:

• edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @kv331audio_bulent said:
    Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've gone silent. Have been really busy with the work on SynthMaster One v1.2 (for the desktop). But now that it's released, I'm moving back to iOS until the end of May. That's the only time I have remaining to finish my remaining work on SynthMaster One iOS: the iPhone interface, missing features on bank management, missing features on MIDI programs, and the IAP support.

The iPhone interface is really trickly: It's a real challenge to put everything in that small area.

I'm also debating internally that the iPhone version should be priced less, like $9.99, but then the iPhone and iPad apps should be separate, which creates more confusion. We can come up with an app bundle (iPhone+iPad) but then existing users can't use the iPhone version as it'd be a separate app.

Really would love to get your opinion on the above points.

Cheers

great news!
    please don't forget about the broken microtonality.
    it's the reason I bought the synth and it still doesn't function. Perhaps consider implementing Audiokit's Tuneup? it would certainly be the most useful microtonal solution for iOS.

cheers

I will start designing the iPhone skin today, and will get everyone's feedback during the process :smiley:

That's all great news!

Also I've always wondered if I can buy desktop presets and use em on the iPad version ??

• @reasOne said:
    That's all great news!

Also I've always wondered if I can buy desktop presets and use em on the iPad version ??

We don't have any expansions for the desktop yet, but we just released 200 new factory presets in v1.2. Once you register with your desktop serial you can use them on iPad as well.

Hi guys,

Thanks so much for your valuable feedback.

I'm leaning towards 2 apps:

1) Universal app that's for iPad+iPhone (existing SynthMaster One app) -> $19.99
    2) iPhone only app -> $4.99

The iPhone app will come with 200 presets, whereas the universal one 600 (yes we're gonna add 100 new presets to the app in our v1.2 update!). We'll add IAPs so that it's gonna be possible to upgrade to the remaining 400 presets (the desktop version comes will 1000 presets). I will also probably make cloud sync an IAP for the iPhone app, but it'll be a built-in feature for the universal app.

Nifty strategy 👍

• @palm said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've gone silent. Have been really busy with the work on SynthMaster One v1.2 (for the desktop). But now that it's released, I'm moving back to iOS until the end of May. That's the only time I have remaining to finish my remaining work on SynthMaster One iOS: the iPhone interface, missing features on bank management, missing features on MIDI programs, and the IAP support.

The iPhone interface is really trickly: It's a real challenge to put everything in that small area.

I'm also debating internally that the iPhone version should be priced less, like $9.99, but then the iPhone and iPad apps should be separate, which creates more confusion. We can come up with an app bundle (iPhone+iPad) but then existing users can't use the iPhone version as it'd be a separate app.

Cheers

great news!
    please don't forget about the broken microtonality.
    it's the reason I bought the synth and it still doesn't function. Perhaps consider implementing Audiokit's Tuneup? it would certainly be the most useful microtonal solution for iOS.

cheers

+100

@reasOne said:
    That's all great news!

We don't have any expansions for the desktop yet, but we just released 200 new factory presets in v1.2. Once you register with your desktop serial you can use them on iPad as well.

Can you display new presets with a [NEW] label prefix/suffix or a flag and also categorize them in a "New" bank to visually indicate they are new?

How about the presets @brice designed for SM1 long ago?

• Not a bad start for iPhone :p
    FYI: The app is working fine, just have to design the 667x375 skin now.

Not a bad start for iPhone :p
    FYI: The app is working fine, just have to design the 667x375 skin now.

A quick'n'dirty way would be to just add two-finger pan to keep the UI element 'usable' when it comes to size ;)
    (Doubletap with two fingers could zoom the UI in & out).

• edited April 2019

So here's the work in progress prototype:

There's gonna be a lot of pages, but we'll have full functionality!

Also, on the main page, when you long press on Osc/Sub/Env/Filter, you'll be able to change parameters with x/y axes. I'll make them configurable as well.

• The debug version running well on my iPhone 7:

The audio volume is too low though. Does anyone have any clue about that?

• edited May 2019

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    The debug version running well on my iPhone 7:

The audio volume is too low though. Does anyone have any clue about that?

Looking cool and full functionality sounds great!!

As for low volume, some presets may be designed with low global volume setting. Nothing else comes to my mind as I'm not an iOS dev

• Looks great!!!!

• The iphone version looks very good.

My opinion is that I hardly ever use my phone to make music but I do value that an app is universal. Aum is difficult to use on a phone for me but it works great. It is impressive that a dev goes to the effort of doing it.

I bought Magellan, DM1 and Animoog a second time to see them on my phone.
    I remember well Oscilab going universal, the best iphone sequencer for a while. So tiny on my iphone 5 I had to buy glasses for the first time

I think if I was a dev I wouldnt bother but then again my fav/ the most memorable apps are universal. Its great marketing if you can afford the time.

• @kv331audio_bulent , just 4 more weeks before you go off this project . Any plans to release @brice presets in this period before you switch to another project?

• @MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent , just 4 more weeks before you go off this project . Any plans to release @brice presets in this period before you switch to another project?

I put my bank on hold a while ago as I was uncertain—and still am—about the protocol around using custom wave tables. I was also under the impression that transferring presets between iOS and MacOS versions was to receive some streamlining. Honestly this might have already been addressed and I just missed it? I haven’t spent any time with the app in quite a while so I’m not caught up on any recent updates, etc.

• @brice said:

@MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent , just 4 more weeks before you go off this project . Any plans to release @brice presets in this period before you switch to another project?

I put my bank on hold a while ago as I was uncertain—and still am—about the protocol around using custom wave tables. I was also under the impression that transferring presets between iOS and MacOS versions was to receive some streamlining. Honestly this might have already been addressed and I just missed it? I haven’t spent any time with the app in quite a while so I’m not caught up on any recent updates, etc.

As of the earlier versions of SM1, we could drag and drop wavetable files from the Files app into SM1 to import. There is a video by Doug on this:

• @MobileMusic said:

@brice said:

@MobileMusic said:

As of the earlier versions of SM1, we could drag and drop wavetable files from the Files app into SM1 to import. There is a video by Doug on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Right, I should’ve been more clear regarding the use of custom wavetables. Dragging and dropping is great. I’ve been using that method this whole time when creating presets. What I’m not certain of is how I would share a bank of my presets which are all using custom wavetables the end user won’t have on their device. Ultimately they’ll need to install the wavetable data as well as the presets themselves. So sharing and installing is where my concerns exist.

• @brice said:

@MobileMusic said:

@brice said:

@MobileMusic said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Right, I should’ve been more clear regarding the use of custom wavetables. Dragging and dropping is great. I’ve been using that method this whole time when creating presets. What I’m not certain of is how I would share a bank of my presets which are all using custom wavetables the end user won’t have on their device. Ultimately they’ll need to install the wavetable data as well as the presets themselves. So sharing and installing is where my concerns exist.

Please get with @kv331audio_bulent and offer them as IAP

• @brice said:

I'm working on this and we'll resolve all of those issues before the end of the month :)

• edited May 2019

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    Hi guys,

Cheers

As a user of the iPhone exclusively, my vote is to keep it universal and to not lower the price.

1. It's worth it.
    2. My experiences in the past show that the iPhone app gets less attention than the iPad app when not universal.

You know you're app is worth it! :wink:

This discussion has been closed.