Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• edited June 2019

I just made a test!
    Turning off WiFi and SynthMaster One will start in standalone!
    With WiFi on it will crash! 😎

Edit/
    Why SynthMaster One need to connect with your servers @kv331audio_bulent ?

• @Rodolfo said:
    @kv331audio_bulent @kv331audio
    Just to let you know that there are several reports (me included) of Synthmaster One and Synthmaster Player crashing on load when used in standalone mode.
    I guess it could be related to last IOS 12.3.1 update

Same issue here on 2018 iPad 6th Gen and 2013 iPad Mini 2, both on iOS12.3.1. It's been happening for me on both iPads for at least 2 months (since before the 12.3 update). Happened on the Mini 5 too.

The splash screen loads for a few seconds, then sent to Home. Tried uninstalling, rebooting, re-installing - no dice.

• @chandroji said:
    I just made a test!

Ah, yes, it works after turning off WiFi - thanks @chandroji

Edit/

Good question.

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent , Can you also fix the Vibrato on keyboard swipe up on Y-Axis issue reported before in the next update? It should work similar to GB - please see my earlier bug reports. The feature is there under Settings for Y-Axis- but it is broken and doesn't work. Allow another item in the dropdown to use the V-LFO for Y-Axis swipe up. Problem solved.

Those are in my todo list items for next update. I'm about to finish the UI work for iPhone, then I'll release the 1st beta (with iPhone, cloud sync and drag-n-drop scales support). then after that the 2nd beta will have many of the feature requests addressed.

Sounds good! We thought you were going off the project after May/Jun.

Also, note playing in MPE mode (or aftertouch vibrato listed above), when the finger swipe crosses the top or bottom of the keys, it is producing a bump in the sound (similar to the bumps from the empty spaces between keys in keyboard 2 and 3 - middle and top). There should be no bumps in sound from finger crossing keys or their edges.

• @ocelot said:

@chandroji said:
    I just made a test!

Ah, yes, it works after turning off WiFi - thanks @chandroji

Edit/

Good question.

Thanks for the WIFI tip! I have the same problems with my iPad Air, iPad Pro and iPhone 6, all running iOS 12.3.1. On all devices the Synthmaster apps crash. But they work again when turning off WIFI. Hopefully a bug that soon will be squashed!

• @chandroji said:

Because it downloads a file called "SynthMasterProducts.xml" that contains our product metadata. I guess it's better to remove that code because the file exists under resource files as well.

• @chandroji said:

@Rodolfo said:
    Just to let you know that there are several reports (me included) of Synthmaster One and Synthmaster Player crashing on load when used in standalone mode.

Same here!

Same here

@Rodolfo said:

No I believe those are due to our server being down today (server maintenance by GoDaddy). I'll test further and make sure no apps crash when they can't connect to our site.

As a workaround, it looks like it will launch if you put your device into airplane mode. I think you can then turn airplane mode off when it is done launching.

• Hi Dev I just wanted to report to you that Synthmaster One iOS APP as a stand-alone version crashes when I try to open it whether it is in airplane mode or not. I get kicked back to the home screen no matter what,I am running the latest Apple updated software on an iPad Pro 12.9first generation. Please fix this issue ASAP. I tried to email this report in your website but it too was down and not working. Thank you.

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    Hi Dev I just wanted to report to you that Synthmaster One iOS APP as a stand-alone version crashes when I try to open it whether it is in airplane mode or not. I get kicked back to the home screen no matter what,I am running the latest Apple updated software on an iPad Pro 12.9first generation. Please fix this issue ASAP. I tried to email this report in your website but it too was down and not working. Thank you.

As noted above, the wotkaround is to turn off wifi before launching. It is a glitch related to their server.

• Thanx espiegel123 that workaround worked. Hopefully, they will fix this issue as it’s hassle to do this and so it’s still a problem to use. Cheers, Elektrik Diva

• The site is up and running folks. I will make sure though, that our apps continue working when the site is down.

• We're getting really closer. I duplicated the project and created an "iPhone only" version of SynthMaster One as well. So on the appstore, there's gonna be 2 apps:

SynthMaster One iOS (universal, ipad/phone) $19.99
    SynthMaster One iPhone (iphone only) $4.99

The iPhone version will come with less presets (300 versus 600 for universal version).

Here are some screenshots:

• 哎。> @kv331audio_bulent said:

We're getting really closer. I duplicated the project and created an "iPhone only" version of SynthMaster One as well. So on the appstore, there's gonna be 2 apps:

The iPhone version will come with less presets (300 versus 600 for universal version).

Looking forward to it!

• Sweet sweet!!!!!

• and as you see from the last screenshot, the cloud sync is working for the iPhone too :)

• I also implemented public preset sharing, now let's add that to iOS version(s) as well.

and as you see from the last screenshot, the cloud sync is working for the iPhone too :)

Yes I see that it’s downloading a virus 👎😂

• edited June 2019

Not to take anything away from how cool it will be to have the full SM One on iPhone for some of the people here... but one of the things I was most excited about (don't judge me) was the new blue skin/theme for the iOS version that was teased many months ago.

Is that still included in the next update?

• @tk32 said:
    Not to take anything away from how cool it will be to have the full SM One on iPhone for some of the people here... but one of the things I was most excited about (don't judge me) was the new blue skin/theme for the iOS version that was teased many months ago.

Is that still included in the next update?

It is very much doable while also retaining the current theme as a config option to switch between the two themes. However, I guess it is a low-priority compared to resolving other significant tasks like iCloud sync, etc. before getting to it. It is like a cosmetic change/eye-candy (without any functional behavior changes and it works the same with either themes).

• @realdawei said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    and as you see from the last screenshot, the cloud sync is working for the iPhone too :)

Yes I see that it’s downloading a virus 👎😂

LOL

• edited June 2019

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    I also implemented public preset sharing, now let's add that to iOS version(s) as well.

Very interesting! That would develop a community around preset-sharing.

All looking good and kudos to you!

We're getting really closer. I duplicated the project and created an "iPhone only" version of SynthMaster One as well. So on the appstore, there's gonna be 2 apps:

Looking good. Also it's nice that you will offer a more affordable version for people that only have iPhones.

• @MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@palm said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@MobileMusic said:
    Currently, the synth can use microtunings from scala files as stated but the feature to "load" scala files using drag-drop is missing. Also, currently, we can drag-drop wavetables into SM1 and loading scala files would be a similar implementation. I tried this before but could not figure out how to use microtunes in SM1. Now, I understand that it is a missing drag-drop feature which would work when implemented. Let's wait for the update. I'm sure it will work as expected and you won't be disappointed.

Yes that's how it's gonna work out. Also, any data on your desktop will be synced to mobile so that'll be another way of importing waveforms/wavetables/scales on to your mobile device.

I agree, it will be nice when it works.

I just wanted to clarify that it isn't working right now. I feel like @kv331audio_bulent is muddying the waters by repeatedly saying it does accept scala files when indeed, the ios app does not.

I'm generally a patient person, but it's been over a year now and still no fix. So when I hear "we'll get around to it in the next update".. after the developer has ignored the question for some time... it doesn't give me much hope.

When the fix is made, there should be no reason why it should not work because it works on the desktop version already and iOS version was ported directly from the desktop version, as-is. It's just that the feature to drag-drop files was missed out in the initial version. The dropped files will be read and "loaded" into the current preset to configure/microtune it further and from there, it is just business as usual. Maybe the reported issue never reached his notice or it was not prioritized high enough. Now that he confirmed it will be resolved int the next update, it should be there.

@kv331audio_bulent , Can you also fix the Vibrato on keyboard swipe up on Y-Axis issue reported before in the next update? It should work similar to GB - please see my earlier bug reports. The feature is there under Settings for Y-Axis- but it is broken and doesn't work. Allow another item in the dropdown to use the V-LFO for Y-Axis swipe up. Problem solved.

Brice was able to use after touch to simulate vibrato on swipe up but it was not perfect. There is an issue with swipe up on black keys which are about 50% taller than white keys and the black keys use the same proportion for distance of swipe as white keys for vibrato and run out of runway when the finger reaches the top, it does not finish as much vibrato effect as the white keys. For instance, If a white key produces 20% vibrato on swiping up 20 pixels, the black keys should produce the same 20% vibrato effect on swiping up only 10 pixels (proportionately) because black keys are just half as tall as white keys. Please see GB implementation which apple nailed.

Also, the keyboard 2 (middle) keyboard 3 (top) have visible empty spaces between keys and produce bumps in sound on sliding fingers across keys as the finger slides over these empty spaces and keys. Keyboard 1 (bottom) does not have this issue as all keys touch each other with no empty spaces between them. Please eliminate these empty spaces from beteeen the keys in keyboard 2 and 3.

@kv331audio_bulent , If you turn on MPE and swipe up on the black keys, the Mod Wheel does not go up all the way like it does when we swipe up on white keys. This is the same issue I noticed with Y-Axis swipe up config setting - the swipe does not finish on black keys because they are just half as tall as the white keys. If a white key produces 20% vibrato on swiping up 20 pixels, the black keys should produce the same 20% vibrato effect on swiping up only 10 pixels (proportionately) because black keys are just half as tall as white keys. Please see GB implementation which Apple nailed.

• @MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent , If you turn on MPE and swipe up on the black keys, the Mod Wheel does not go up all the way like it does when we swipe up on white keys. This is the same issue I noticed with Y-Axis swipe up config setting - the swipe does not finish on black keys because they are just half as tall as the white keys. If a white key produces 20% vibrato on swiping up 20 pixels, the black keys should produce the same 20% vibrato effect on swiping up only 10 pixels (proportionately) because black keys are just half as tall as white keys. Please see GB implementation which Apple nailed.

This is in my todo list.

• @kv331audio_bulent , When you release the fix to import Scala files, please make a tutorial video on its usage. How are the keys mapped to various frequencies? For instance, which keys are shown depressed in playback mode of microtones (frequencies in between semitones), how to map microtones to which keys, etc.

• @MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent , When you release the fix to import Scala files, please make a tutorial video on its usage. How are the keys mapped to various frequencies? For instance, which keys are shown depressed in playback mode of microtones (frequencies in between semitones), how to map microtones to which keys, etc.

all of this information is handled on the scala side of things. Scala is a free (though the software shows its age) and you can map everything there. On iOS, you can use Wilsonic or Scalegen (although scalegen is extremely limited) to create scala files.

Perhaps the simplest way is this handy browser scale builder:

https://sevish.com/scaleworkshop

and if you really want to get deep, there's some software which helps to parse the immense, free scale archive (thousands of scales) available on the scala site:

https://hpi.zentral.zone/scalavista
    http://www.huygens-fokker.org/scala/downloads.html

• It’s on sale. £6.99 from £20 I think

• @klownshed said:
    It’s on sale. £6.99 from £20 I think

Good deal, I paid a tenner for it a while back, and very happy with it.

• Hi folks, both the desktop ($29) and iOS ($6.99) versions of SM1 are on sale through July.

and I am very glad to announce our v1.3 Alpha update for SM1 desktop. This update features a new white skin by Satyatunes, and our cloud sync features! and also a very critical fix for our Windows users: The poor UI performance on Windows is fixed now! Our registered users can download it at: http://betas.synthmaster.com/user_area.aspx (yes, a new website design as well!)

Cheers

Bulent

This discussion has been closed.