Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• Confirming that’s the exact method I used. Clicking on the preset from within the SM1 folder opens the app, but the preset does not appear in the browser.

• edited February 2019

After clicking on the preset and opening the app, have you tried updating the preset's Attributes?

When we create new presets, there is a glitch in SM1 that needs us to update the new preset's Attributes too for it to appear in the Browser correctly.

• @lbiyikoglu , @kv331audio_bulent

Any new updates of SynthMaster One?

Any updates about the Vibrato on keyboard swipe up?

Any new sound packs?

Any way to import preset packs into SM1?

@brice was creating sound packs and may need a way to import them into SM1 for end users.

• still waiting for microtuning to work.. between the fussy auv3 controls and broken microtuning, SM1 has been sitting in the sad folder with other unfinished apps.

• edited March 2019

I bought U-He Hive on the PC, but this would've been tempting (again, for PC): at Pluginboutique you can buy Synthmaster Player for $5 during March 2019 and then upgrade to Synthmaster One for an additional $49 after that, for a total of $54.

• edited March 2019

@MobileMusic said:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/611995#Comment_611995
    After clicking on the preset and opening the app, have you tried updating the preset's Attributes?
    When we create new presets, there is a glitch in SM1 that needs us to update the new preset's Attributes too for it to appear in the Browser correctly.

Thanks, that helped! The preset didn’t appear in the browser until after I saved it. It was confusing since the name it opened with referred to another preset, but the sound was indeed my preset! Hopefully in v1.2, the preset name can push through when opening a preset from the Files app.

• Hey @kv331audio_bulent ,

About your plans to port SynthMaster One and other apps for Android...

What DAW apps would Android users use to host your apps and consume them? Are there any host apps like Cubasis or is there a concept like AU or IAA on Android? Other than FLSM (which is a closed app) and Caustic (I heard its dev had a burnout), I did not hear of any host DAW apps on Android.

• Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've gone silent. Have been really busy with the work on SynthMaster One v1.2 (for the desktop). But now that it's released, I'm moving back to iOS until the end of May. That's the only time I have remaining to finish my remaining work on SynthMaster One iOS: the iPhone interface, missing features on bank management, missing features on MIDI programs, and the IAP support.

The iPhone interface is really trickly: It's a real challenge to put everything in that small area.

I'm also debating internally that the iPhone version should be priced less, like $9.99, but then the iPhone and iPad apps should be separate, which creates more confusion. We can come up with an app bundle (iPhone+iPad) but then existing users can't use the iPhone version as it'd be a separate app.

Really would love to get your opinion on the above points.

Cheers

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just an observation, where there are separate iphone and iPad versions of an app and the iphone version is cheaper I nearly always buy the iphone one. Particularly if there are iaps on the app as frequently these don’t transfer between versions.

• I don’t think most of your current SM1 users who create on iPad are feverishly awaiting the iPhone version. Especially knowing they’ll be elements missing. We’d much rather iPad focused update for several issues that persist and new preset iAPs. People interested in a crammed iPhone version probably don’t have an iPad so yeah it makes perfect sense for you to charge for seperate app @9.99.

• edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SynthMaster One will most likely be a multi-page microscopic hellish nightmare on the iPhone if all features are kept...

• @EyeOhEss said:

@WillieNegus said:
    I don’t think most of your current SM1 users who create on iPad are feverishly awaiting the iPhone version. Especially knowing they’ll be elements missing. We’d much rather iPad focused update for several issues that persist and new preset iAPs. People interested in a crammed iPhone version probably don’t have an iPad so yeah it makes perfect sense for you to charge for seperate app @9.99.

Disagree. I think iPad users would like to be able to make patches on their phone and then transfer them to iPad for actual sessions work. Without paying a further £9.99 for that universal functionality.

Some iPad users would probably occasionally use a free version on iPhone this way because it’s free. Most of that some wouldn’t if they had to pay 9.99 so imo the dev should disregard them and do what’s best for his company to monetize and support further development.

Some people will always want something for nothing. Human condition. Others, who actually understand value and how development works know that all of the additional effort deserves to be compensated as most people don’t want to work for free. If someone sees value in adding an additional iPhone workflow to their current SM1 usage they should appreciate the devs efforts to providing that workflow and pay for it.

Most of the iPhone users will be new customers. People with SM1 will continue using it as they have since it came out. Trying to satisfy some, who apparently don’t see enough value to pay 9.99 for a workflow boost, over most wouldn’t be smart business imo.

If you’d like to compromise by offering a gift to us iPad users and earlier adopters you could email promo codes to registered users or launch a free stripped demo version of the iPhone app and include a “Pro” unlock and discounted “Pro Upgrade” option for iPad users.

There’s a sensible way to move forward. IMO none of them include working for free to satisfy users who don’t want to support continued development. IMO these people threaten the future of iOS music platform. Professionals deserve and need to be paid if we expect great, innovative and well supported products.

• @EyeOhEss said:

Only one way to find out...

Agreed. At any rate, the fact @kv331audio_bulent asked for opinion of users means whatever decided included much thought and consideration.

I also hope the iPhone launch is accompanied by some new sounds and bug fixes for iPad users.

• @EyeOhEss said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've gone silent. Have been really busy with the work on SynthMaster One v1.2 (for the desktop). But now that it's released, I'm moving back to iOS until the end of May. That's the only time I have remaining to finish my remaining work on SynthMaster One iOS: the iPhone interface, missing features on bank management, missing features on MIDI programs, and the IAP support.

The iPhone interface is really trickly: It's a real challenge to put everything in that small area.

I'm also debating internally that the iPhone version should be priced less, like $9.99, but then the iPhone and iPad apps should be separate, which creates more confusion. We can come up with an app bundle (iPhone+iPad) but then existing users can't use the iPhone version as it'd be a separate app.

Really would love to get your opinion on the above points.

Cheers

Universal app and same price. That’s the standard practise 99% of time in my experience and always been fine from my point of view.

+1. Most of the time I'm using the iPad and I wouldn't want to create new presets from scratch on the iPhone but it's just fun to stick the iPhone to a Bluetooth keytar with headphones on and walk around playing B)

• I always prefer universal apps, and don't think it's a good idea to split them but that's just a personal view. :)

• edited April 2019

@kv331audio_bulent

Zero actual data/research here, just my armchair gut feeling from reading forums etc.

I don’t see myself ever using an iphone for music. The smallest I would ever go is a mini and even then I judge an apps UI by the 9.7” ipad.

It is frustrating for me to see development of iPad versions held back by iphone when devs on the forum comment on just how small a slice of the pie the iPhone market is for them. As mentioned, iPad music is already a niche. To have it be narrowed by another internal smaller niche is just annoying to me.

There are two big apps I love/use that apparently have iPhone versions in the works and because of that I am putting zero expectation on future iPad features (that are apparently in their roadmaps) from ever coming out, or at least in a timely and relevant manner. For me iPhone has just become a bit of a ‘faith killer’ in an app/devs future, particularly for smaller devs who make larger more complex apps.

Maybe the iPhone market is bigger than it sounds but other devs have made it sound pretty small and not worth sacrificing a lot for.

Having thought about it though, could it be that there is some sort of exposure bump (store presence?) by simply having an app on the iPhone? even if people just end up using or buying it on iPad anyway? ‘thinking emoji’

• @AudioGus said:
    @kv331audio_bulent

I don’t see myself ever using an iphone for music. The smallest I would ever go is a mini and even then I judge an apps UI by the 9.7” ipad.

It is frustrating for me to see development of iPad versions held back by iphone when devs on the forum comment on just how small a slice of the pie the iPhone market is for them. As mentioned, iPad music is already a niche slice. To have it be narrowed by another internal smaller slice is just annoying to me.

I agree. Seriously doubt the majority of iPad users have much interest in iPhone versions so why the splintered focus when the iPad versions still require support, bug fixes? Annoying.

I get it if SM Player iPhone hinted at a market that the dev sees may provide revenue which would be a resource to continued development overall but splintered focus is always frustrating to me.

• I think there should be at least as much attention placed on integration between devices as you spend making SM One available on multiple devices. Until now, there hasn’t been a streamlined way of sharing presets across desktop and iPad. That workflow makes more sense to me than iPad <-> iPhone. But regardless, some kind of cloud support for easily accessing presets should be table stakes when porting the app to new screens. Hopefully that’s all part of v1.2 for iOS.

• I don't see myself paying 10$ for an iPhone version when I have the iPad version...
    Universal would get the most uses, but honesty if it is 10$ for iPhone only use I'll never use it...i love the synth and could see myself paying half that as an iap or separate app ( maybe on the separate tho)
    I'd much rather drop money on new patches or features for iPad version and stick with sm player for iPhone

• edited April 2019

@Samu said:
    SynthMaster One will most likely be a multi-page microscopic hellish nightmare on the iPhone if all features are kept...

SM1 won't be just zoomed out to fit the iPhone as-is and won't be microscopic. Its layout with 3 horizontal divisions is already well-designed and mobile-ready and fits each of those divisions on iPhone perfectly - like a responsive web site layout. They just have to figure out a way to present it with a menu system to navigate to each of those divisions and synth sections - and they don't need to remove or skimp out any features from iPad edition. GB on iPhone is not microscopic and still very usable.

PS: I wish Cubasis follows this 3-horizontal division layout to get ready for iPhone version @LFS .

• @rtuckr said:
    I think there should be at least as much attention placed on integration between devices as you spend making SM One available on multiple devices. Until now, there hasn’t been a streamlined way of sharing presets across desktop and iPad. That workflow makes more sense to me than iPad <-> iPhone. But regardless, some kind of cloud support for easily accessing presets should be table stakes when porting the app to new screens. Hopefully that’s all part of v1.2 for iOS.

Dev was already working on cloud-sync'ing of user presets across devices using Google Cloud.

• @MobileMusic said:

@rtuckr said:
    I think there should be at least as much attention placed on integration between devices as you spend making SM One available on multiple devices. Until now, there hasn’t been a streamlined way of sharing presets across desktop and iPad. That workflow makes more sense to me than iPad <-> iPhone. But regardless, some kind of cloud support for easily accessing presets should be table stakes when porting the app to new screens. Hopefully that’s all part of v1.2 for iOS.

Dev was already working on cloud-sync'ing of user presets across devices using Google Cloud.

Why would I want google cloud?

• edited April 2019

@BiancaNeve said:

@MobileMusic said:

@rtuckr said:

Why would I want google cloud?

It would be paid for by the dev's company and integrated into their apps. We don't have to do anything and the functionality would be seamless - we won't even know it is using Google Cloud behind the scenes.

This discussion has been closed.