Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• edited May 2019

@kv331audio_bulent ,

Only 2 more days to go before showtime!!

And the countdown begins - NOW...

• @david_2017 said:
    One day I might understand why microtuning is so damn desirable... !? Hopefully ;)

Wendy Carlos may help.

http://www.wendycarlos.com/resources.html

Start with the A Guided Tour to the Beauty In The Beast article (pdf).

All the material in that resource page is fantastic.

• @MobileMusic said:
    2 more days to go for showtime!!

The countdown begins - NOW...

Awesome!

• Nothing in the App Store yet?

• @DMfan said:
    Nothing in the App Store yet?

It's grace time for the team

• What is Ted Knight waiting for exactly?

• @MobileMusic said:

@DMfan said:
    Nothing in the App Store yet?

It's grace time for the team

That’s cool. Everyone deserves a bit of grace; particularly in the light of all the hard work being done. But I’m not gonna lie, it’d be nice to hear a quick update from the team.

• @AudioGus said:
    What is Ted Knight waiting for exactly?

Someone with a better head of hair to show up.

• Guys we're still working on the iPhone version, hopefuly this month we'll release the beta.

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    Guys we're still working on the iPhone version, hopefuly this month we'll release the beta.

Thanks for the update.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    I just play the synth o:)
    But the more presets the more fun! Thanks Bulent!

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    Guys we're still working on the iPhone version, hopefuly this month we'll release the beta.

and will this finally get microtuning?? I've contacted support and have gotten zero response.
    It's been a year now and the microtuning has been broken since day one.

• @palm said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    I just play the synth o:)
    But the more presets the more fun! Thanks Bulent!

@kv331audio_bulent said:

and will this finally get microtuning?? I've contacted support and have gotten zero response.

+100

• @kv331audio_bulent, do you have an ETA on the iPad version update?

• @rtuckr said:
    @kv331audio_bulent, do you have an ETA on the iPad version update?

+1

• edited June 2019

@palm said:

It already supports microtuning through scala files, but on the iOS version drag-n-drop import of scala files is not supported yet. That will be addressed in our next update.

@palm said:

It already supports microtuning through scala files, but on the iOS version drag-n-drop import of scala files is not supported yet. That will be addressed in our next update.

huh? yeah I know it works on desktop. I feel like you're obfuscating.. My point is that it doesn't work on iOS and never has. So no, it does not support scala files.

addressed in the update next year?? c'mon.. I mean really! I only got the app because it claimed to be microtonal. Please remove the false claim from the app description until it actually works.

• @palm said:
    addressed in the update next year?? c'mon.. I mean really! I only got the app because it claimed to be microtonal. Please remove the false claim from the app description until it actually works.

it DOES support microtuning. Have you tried any of the tunings we provide with the synth? I have no reason to lie to my users. I am VERY CLEARLY saying that you can not drag-n-drop scale files but that'll be fixed in the next version.

For refund requests please contact Apple.

@palm said:

it DOES support microtuning. Have you tried any of the tunings we provide with the synth? I have no reason to lie to my users. I am VERY CLEARLY saying that you can not drag-n-drop scale files but that'll be fixed in the next version.

For refund requests please contact Apple.

whoa buddy, take a breath.

from the app store description:

"Microtuning: SynthMaster One supports Scala tuning, so tuning can be set either for each preset or globally by loading from a Scala tuning file."

there are presently five bland scale presets that really don't sound much different than the equal tempered scale. That's not what the description implies. But more importantly: There is NO way to load a scala tuning file. All I'm suggesting is that you adjust the description until you can fix SM1 to actually load scala files.

the 5 presets make it about as useful for microtuning as a synth that had five bland patches that couldn't be altered whatsoever.

I've never requested a refund for an app, but now I'm tempted as it was a fairly expensive synth that I bought solely for the fact that it claimed it would load scala files. It's a fine sounding synth, but I need flexible tunings for what I'm working on.. Been waiting a year and now you're telling me that microtuning works fine.. and that it will be fixed next update.. that doesn't offer much hope from the rate of the updates thus far..

Is it even possible to get a refund from Apple a year later? Anyone know?

• @palm i am not interested in micro Tuning, but I think you are not talking... Bulent means there is a support of those tunings and obviously through these mysterious scale files... BUT it’s not a drag and drop sort of thing; so probably it’s hidden in the files app in the SM1 folder under scales or whatever. Most likely throw your files in there and you may be good to go.
    The drag and drop possibility will be added later. Some mid-communication going on here...

• @david_2017 said:
    @palm i am not interested in micro Tuning, but I think you are not talking... Bulent means there is a support of those tunings and obviously through these mysterious scale files... BUT it’s not a drag and drop sort of thing; so probably it’s hidden in the files app in the SM1 folder under scales or whatever. Most likely throw your files in there and you may be good to go.
    The drag and drop possibility will be added later. Some mid-communication going on here...

yeah, I agree there is a communication breakdown. but it's starting to feel like obfuscation on the part of this developer. There is simply no microtuning to be had outside of the bizarre 5 scales that aren't exactly scales, but from what I can gather are meant to approximate the subtle pitch derivations on analog gear? not sure tbh, but as far as loading scala files, it cannot be done. If it can, then @kv331audio_bulent has yet to clarify how this is done.

hopefully he will clarify for the record as to whether scala files can be loaded into the iOS app, and if not, when will this be addressed?

• edited June 2019

@palm said:

@david_2017 said:
    @palm i am not interested in micro Tuning, but I think you are not talking... Bulent means there is a support of those tunings and obviously through these mysterious scale files... BUT it’s not a drag and drop sort of thing; so probably it’s hidden in the files app in the SM1 folder under scales or whatever. Most likely throw your files in there and you may be good to go.

yeah, I agree there is a communication breakdown. but it's starting to feel like obfuscation on the part of this developer. There is simply no microtuning to be had outside of the bizarre 5 scales that aren't exactly scales, but from what I can gather are meant to approximate the subtle pitch derivations on analog gear? not sure tbh, but as far as loading scala files, it cannot be done. If it can, then @kv331audio_bulent has yet to clarify how this is done.

hopefully he will clarify for the record as to whether scala files can be loaded into the iOS app, and if not, when will this be addressed?

I think Bulent clarified the missing ability to drag-drop scala files from the Files app will be added in the next update. He clarified in another comment when the iPhone version will be released and I guess the iPad update may come out around that time because he also said in a prior comment that he would be working on iPhone/iPad apps until May and moving on to work on other projects after May (now modified to after June iPhone app release).

Currently, the synth can use microtunings from scala files as stated but the feature to "load" scala files using drag-drop is missing (needs some minor changes). Also, currently, we can drag-drop wavetables into SM1 and loading scala files would be a similar implementation. I tried this before but could not figure out how to use microtunes in SM1. Now, I understand that it is a missing drag-drop feature which would work when implemented. Let's wait for the update. I'm sure it will work as expected and you won't be disappointed.

• @MobileMusic said:
    Currently, the synth can use microtunings from scala files as stated but the feature to "load" scala files using drag-drop is missing. Also, currently, we can drag-drop wavetables into SM1 and loading scala files would be a similar implementation. I tried this before but could not figure out how to use microtunes in SM1. Now, I understand that it is a missing drag-drop feature which would work when implemented. Let's wait for the update. I'm sure it will work as expected and you won't be disappointed.

Yes that's how it's gonna work out. Also, any data on your desktop will be synced to mobile so that'll be another way of importing waveforms/wavetables/scales on to your mobile device.

@MobileMusic said:
    Currently, the synth can use microtunings from scala files as stated but the feature to "load" scala files using drag-drop is missing. Also, currently, we can drag-drop wavetables into SM1 and loading scala files would be a similar implementation. I tried this before but could not figure out how to use microtunes in SM1. Now, I understand that it is a missing drag-drop feature which would work when implemented. Let's wait for the update. I'm sure it will work as expected and you won't be disappointed.

Yes that's how it's gonna work out. Also, any data on your desktop will be synced to mobile so that'll be another way of importing waveforms/wavetables/scales on to your mobile device.

I agree, it will be nice when it works.

I just wanted to clarify that it isn't working right now. I feel like @kv331audio_bulent is muddying the waters by repeatedly saying it does accept scala files when indeed, the ios app does not.

I'm generally a patient person, but it's been over a year now and still no fix. So when I hear "we'll get around to it in the next update".. after the developer has ignored the question for some time... it doesn't give me much hope.

• edited June 2019

@palm said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@MobileMusic said:

I just wanted to clarify that it isn't working right now. I feel like @kv331audio_bulent is muddying the waters by repeatedly saying it does accept scala files when indeed, the ios app does not.

I'm generally a patient person, but it's been over a year now and still no fix. So when I hear "we'll get around to it in the next update".. after the developer has ignored the question for some time... it doesn't give me much hope.

When the fix is made, there should be no reason why it should not work because it works on the desktop version already and iOS version was ported directly from the desktop version, as-is. It's just that the feature to drag-drop files was missed out in the initial version. The dropped files will be read and "loaded" into the current preset to configure/microtune it further and from there, it is just business as usual. Maybe the reported issue never reached his notice or it was not prioritized high enough. Now that he confirmed it will be resolved int the next update, it should be there.

@kv331audio_bulent , Can you also fix the Vibrato on keyboard swipe up on Y-Axis issue reported before in the next update? It should work similar to GB - please see my earlier bug reports. The feature is there under Settings for Y-Axis- but it is broken and doesn't work. Allow another item in the dropdown to use the V-LFO for Y-Axis swipe up. Problem solved.

• @MobileMusic said:

@palm said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@MobileMusic said:

When the fix is made, there should be no reason why it should not work because it works on the desktop version already and iOS version was ported directly from the desktop version, as-is. It's just that the feature to drag-drop files was missed out in the initial version. The dropped files will be read and "loaded" into the current preset to configure/microtune it further and from there, it is just business as usual. Maybe the reported issue never reached his notice or it was not prioritized high enough. Now that he confirmed it will be resolved int the next update, it should be there.

@kv331audio_bulent , Can you also fix the Vibrato on keyboard swipe up on Y-Axis issue reported before in the next update? It should work similar to GB - please see my earlier bug reports. The feature is there under Settings for Y-Axis- but it is broken and doesn't work. Allow another item in the dropdown to use the V-LFO for Y-Axis swipe up. Problem solved.

Brice was able to use after touch to simulate vibrato on swipe up but it was not perfect. There is an issue with swipe up on black keys which are about 50% taller than white keys and the black keys use the same proportion for distance of swipe as white keys for vibrato and run out of runway when the finger reaches the top, it does not finish as much vibrato effect as the white keys. For instance, If a white key produces 20% vibrato on swiping up 20 pixels, the black keys should produce the same 20% vibrato effect on swiping up only 10 pixels (proportionately) because black keys are just half as tall as white keys. Please see GB implementation which apple nailed.

Also, the keyboard 2 (middle) keyboard 3 (top) have visible empty spaces between keys and produce bumps in sound on sliding fingers across keys as the finger slides over these empty spaces and keys. Keyboard 1 (bottom) does not have this issue as all keys touch each other with no empty spaces between them. Please eliminate these empty spaces from beteeen the keys in keyboard 2 and 3.

• @MobileMusic said:

Those are in my todo list items for next update. I'm about to finish the UI work for iPhone, then I'll release the 1st beta (with iPhone, cloud sync and drag-n-drop scales support). then after that the 2nd beta will have many of the feature requests addressed.

• @kv331audio_bulent @kv331audio
    Just to let you know that there are several reports (me included) of Synthmaster One and Synthmaster Player crashing on load when used in standalone mode.
    I guess it could be related to last IOS 12.3.1 update

• @Rodolfo said:
    @kv331audio_bulent @kv331audio
    Just to let you know that there are several reports (me included) of Synthmaster One and Synthmaster Player crashing on load when used in standalone mode.

Same here!

• @Rodolfo said:
    @kv331audio_bulent @kv331audio

No I believe those are due to our server being down today (server maintenance by GoDaddy). I'll test further and make sure no apps crash when they can't connect to our site.

This discussion has been closed.