Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FAC TRANSIENT Shaper by Fred Anton Corvest - NOW Available To Buy

1234568»

Comments

• One of the most useful presets of any app I've ever come across is "kill the room". One of my church media jobs was to take cell phone video clips submitted from folks and edit them for use in other productions (promotional, instructional, etc.). As you can imagine, the environments and sound were, ahem, less than studio quality. This preset really helped clean out a bunch of junk quickly to focus in on the voices. Between that and Brusfri, I was amazed at the kind of material I was able to use.

The other thing I've often needed a transient shaper for is ukulele, cutting the attack and boosting the sustain to sit better in mixes.

• @jimhanks said:
    One of the most useful presets of any app I've ever come across is "kill the room". One of my church media jobs was to take cell phone video clips submitted from folks and edit them for use in other productions (promotional, instructional, etc.). As you can imagine, the environments and sound were, ahem, less than studio quality. This preset really helped clean out a bunch of junk quickly to focus in on the voices. Between that and Brusfri, I was amazed at the kind of material I was able to use.

The other thing I've often needed a transient shaper for is ukulele, cutting the attack and boosting the sustain to sit better in mixes.

Super usefull comment thank you. It helps me understand a little bit better the possibilities.

Kill the room is like a reverse reverb? :)

• @Montreal_Music said:

Kill the room is like a reverse reverb? :)

That's a good way to think of it, yes. :smile: Probably not a common use of the transient shaper actually, but for me, very useful. Note that my ukulele example is almost the exact opposite function

• Anyone having issues with FAC Transient? I am getting no sound iPAD OS 15.6.1 Gen 9 iPAD in AUM.

IPhone 12 mini 15.6.1works fine in AUM.

can’t find an email address for support on the website.

• I love this plugin but I’ve never fully understood how it works. Specifically, how do the different “times” interact?. I see these values as sort of the release of a compressor. But I can’t grasp how there’s 2 different values for the same principle ( contour and attack/sustain times).

• @tahiche said:
    I love this plugin but I’ve never fully understood how it works. Specifically, how do the different “times” interact?. I see these values as sort of the release of a compressor. But I can’t grasp how there’s 2 different values for the same principle ( contour and attack/sustain times).

I feel that the countour is for when does the plugin starts working. The Attack Designer portions is for AFTER the plugin started working, how's it going to behave? What kind of attack is it implying on the signal and what kind of release?

• edited May 2023

@joaehun said:

@tahiche said:
    I love this plugin but I’ve never fully understood how it works. Specifically, how do the different “times” interact?. I see these values as sort of the release of a compressor. But I can’t grasp how there’s 2 different values for the same principle ( contour and attack/sustain times).

I feel that the countour is for when does the plugin starts working. The Attack Designer portions is for AFTER the plugin started working, how's it going to behave? What kind of attack is it implying on the signal and what kind of release?

It's all about what happens when the detected signal volume is above or below the adjusted threshold. Above, an ADSR style "Decay" shape is applied to the signal volume as soon as the threshold is exceeded. "Attack" is in fact what the "Decay" knob on a synth does - which isn't completely wrong because we often describe the first short portion of a sound event as the "Attack" or "Attack transient".

Once below the threshold, the signal volume is boosted to remain at a constant volume for the adjusted time (if the signal is still playing, that is).