Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FAC TRANSIENT Shaper by Fred Anton Corvest - NOW Available To Buy

So here is a demo of the "soon to be released" Transient Shaper from Fred Anton Corvest called FAC TRANSIENT.

So many people have wanted a Transient Shaper app for so long now and Fred has delivered one in his usual professional manner.

I'm sure this is going to become one of those essential apps

You can Pre-Order FAC TRANSIENT Here at the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fac-transient/id1354088081?ls=1&mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• edited March 2018

Instant Purchase (i never say that) but this has been needed so much !!!!

EDIT*
    Maybe its just me, and i only have FAC Chorus which has a no nonsense (Perfect) UI, those 6 silly lines (Vent ?) aren't going to be on the final release are they ?

And just out of interest, what does it sound like on a snare, any chance of a before and after waveform view (Audio nice but not needed)

• @Samplemunch said:

EDIT*
    Maybe its just me, and i only have FAC Chorus which has a no nonsense (Perfect) UI, those 6 silly lines (Vent ?) aren't going to be on the final release are they ?

And just out of interest, what does it sound like on a snare, any chance of a before and after waveform view (Audio nice but not needed)

All of the above, probably best ask Fred for all that, I didn’t test it on individual drums yet

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@Samplemunch said:

EDIT*

All of the above, probably best ask Fred for all that, I didn’t test it on individual drums yet

OK, no worries, I can't contact him, I don't use Facebook or Twitter, no email on his website.

• I’m getting some peaks while using certain fx on Jubal Flute at high pitches. I wonder if this would help?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’m getting some peaks while using certain fx on Jubal Flute at high pitches. I wonder if this would help?

Yes, this would fix all that kind of stuff

• Looks really good. The only other transient designer I know of on iOS is the FXPansion DCam IAP in Auria, but the FAC one seems much more powerful and effective judging by this demo.

• Looks nice :) Yeah I hope the grill is eventually replaced by a live display of the transients being shaped, that would be great.

• As I had no idea what Transient Shaping may be, I found this to be helpful:

http://blog.dubspot.com/mixing-with-transient-shapers/

• edited March 2018

@Carnbot said:
    Looks nice :) Yeah I hope the grill is eventually replaced by a live display of the transients being shaped, that would be great.

+1 for this always nice to have more visuals to aid the controlling

• edited March 2018

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’m getting some peaks while using certain fx on Jubal Flute at high pitches. I wonder if this would help?

So you are saying it has a compressor/limiter built in too ?
    Transient design by itself wont have anything at all to deal with peaking.

• edited March 2018

Hello :-) I’ve tested the transient in various setups, it’s truly amazing. For instance, I’ve triggered the classic machine “Eight” (808) just shaping a kick with it, which I then sampled in BM3, it works absolutely nice on snares (always critical to get what you want, normally), but really any percussion, but it doesn’t stop there. Point about the classic machines test was, that there is no adsr on them (lol) so it was the perfect test subject.
    You can tune the shape of single instruments or whole drumsets, basslines, samples or connected apps, very precisely!

I’m also using it in chains, like FAC Transient>FAC Chorus>FAC Maxima>Dischord 4 and I can’t tell how great such a chain boosts the result. Without Dischord (using it for delay shifts, mass etc. >Drones) the sound is crystal clear, accurate and you can steer it’s direction, to wherever you want it, gives you what you looking for, so to speak. Just change value on a synth (for instance) and the sound changes dramatically or you can just touch areas you want to isolate/strengthened.

Feels like giving the sound an identity, character or soul!

• @Samplemunch said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

So I’m better sticking with NoLimits or such like?

• Awesome! Yes.. yes... essential!

• edited March 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Samplemunch said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

No you are better lowering your volume so that it doesnt peak, once its peaking its distorting, lower your volume so that you are not peaking no matter what you play, then if it is too low in volume vs the rest of your mix, lower everything else in volume to compensate, that is the best way to do it, obviously its 2018 and everybody wants to be an engineer and use this plugin and that plugin, so instead, lower you volume until it isn’t peaking, then add a compressor or limiter to raise its percieved volume back to where it was.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Samplemunch said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Can’t the built in limiter in AUM take care of this?

• @Samplemunch said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Samplemunch said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

No you are better lowering your volume so that it doesnt peak, once its peaking its distorting, lower your volume so that you are not peaking no matter what you play, then if it is too low in volume vs the rest of your mix, lower everything else in volume to compensate, that is the best way to do it, obviously its 2018 and everybody wants to be an engineer and use this plugin and that plugin, so instead, lower you volume until it isn’t peaking, then add a compressor or limiter to raise its percieved volume back to where it was.

@CracklePot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Samplemunch said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Taken some of the fx off now as it was only happening at a certain pitch and seemingly to do with this particular fx. With the fx on the volume of the lower notes was too different to the peaks of the highs. Lowering everything just didn’t work. In reality I’m just trying to push the particular sound where it doesn’t want to go lol

• edited March 2018

Ha ha ha ha my point was to put those fan to avoid empty space... yes a bit vintage but I like it :) But yeahhhhhh all of you have already noticed that this free space is for something coming in a next update. For this release you should live with it I guess :) Then on second update after release I ,if everything is going well, I will put ... guys you should know me already :)

For more info about the app please also ask to some of my Testflight team members who have made an amazing testing job (Thx to them!) @Jay Zen @david_2017 @jwmmakerofmusic etc...

By the way website updated !! Very important to have a look to !

http://fredantoncorvest.com/index.html

=> Pre-order here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fac-transient/id1354088081?ls=1&mt=8

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Samplemunch said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Samplemunch said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@CracklePot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Samplemunch said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Taken some of the fx off now as it was only happening at a certain pitch and seemingly to do with this particular fx. With the fx on the volume of the lower notes was too different to the peaks of the highs. Lowering everything just didn’t work. In reality I’m just trying to push the particular sound where it doesn’t want to go lol

Not sure if you have moved on from this, but you could try EQ as a simple fix, or multi band compressor if you want to get all complicated. :)

• @FredAntonCorvest said:
    Ha ha ha ha my point was to put those fan to avoid empty space... yes a bit vintage but I like it :) But yeahhhhhh all of you have already noticed that this free space is for something coming in a next update. For this release you should live with it I guess :) Then on second update after release I ,if everything is going well, I will put ... guys you should know me already :)

For more info about the app please also ask to some of my Testflight team members who have made an amazing testing job (Thx to them!) @Jay Zen @david_2017 @jwmmakerofmusic etc...

By the way website updated !! Very important to have a look to !

http://fredantoncorvest.com/index.html

=> Pre-order here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fac-transient/id1354088081?ls=1&mt=8

Is it more expensive after release ?
    I just dont get the pre order thing really ?

• @CracklePot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Samplemunch said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Samplemunch said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@CracklePot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Samplemunch said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Not sure if you have moved on from this, but you could try EQ as a simple fix, or multi band compressor if you want to get all complicated. :)

Yeah it’s all so complicated. I’m so terrible at all this stuff. If I was doing this professionally, I’d hire someone :p

• Great vid Doug! I see your dsp at around 40 with just 2 plugs. Is it pretty processor hungry? I may have to bus everything into just 1 instance I guess. Most of my AUM sessions use 10-20 plugins and I cap at around 35 dsp. iPad Pro 10.5.

• Being part of the beta team I can say to you, you won't be disappointed ;) I remember the day when @jakoB_haQ posted the request for a transient designer on his youtube channel and I imagined him smiling firing it up this one on his iPad.

@FredAntonCorvest did an fantastic job! The sound quality is absolutely brilliant and I didnt find it hungry for resources. I hooked it up with some midi to map and play around with. Worked without any problems. Automation on BM3? No Problem. Being universal, I can tell you its working without any issues so far on my iPhone 8.
    For a beta it is already super stable and it cannot take too long to have this released :)

(except it could, if you think at @brambos story/odysee to release the Kosmonaut. Lets cross fingers that apple will be capable to finally review AUv3 Plugins quicker).

• Nice! @FredAntonCorvest's plugins are some of the very finest out there. Looking forward to the release!:-)

• @ion677 Yes, it’s Zeeon that makes the push, plus this is an iPad Air 2

• Super. Major addition to iOS.

It's probably just me, but those vents are cool. Simple yet elegant. :)

• Here is a pretty good video tutorial on what a transient shaper does. (BTW, I pre-ordered.)

• edited March 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Samplemunch said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Samplemunch said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@CracklePot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Samplemunch said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Multiband compressor ? If the peaks are at a particular frequency then this is what Multi-band compressors are for ! The idea being you set the compressor to only be active on the problem frequency and everything else is left alone.
    Very (excuse the pun) limited options for an AUv3 Multiband compressor though.
    Check this video...great explanation of how to use a Multiband compressor to eliminate exactly this sort of problem.

• edited March 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.