Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FAC TRANSIENT Shaper by Fred Anton Corvest - NOW Available To Buy

Comments

• ... the discussion about the peak is a bit off topic in my opinion. Here we are talking about a Transient Designer and basically its goal is => Emphasize or tame the transients, extend or shorten the sustain part.

Regarding this peak issue, if the peak is right on the start or attack of your sound (to simulate a fast blowing after a shot of whisky or something... don't know...) then you will have maybe a chance here to tame it... otherwise you have to use other tools :)

• Just added the Pre-Order link for FAC Transient with my link in case anyone wants to use that, many thanks
    You can Pre-Order FAC TRANSIENT Here at the App Store
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fac-transient/id1354088081?ls=1&mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

• @FredAntonCorvest said:
    ... the discussion about the peak is a bit off topic in my opinion. Here we are talking about a Transient Designer and basically its goal is => Emphasize or tame the transients, extend or shorten the sustain part.

When you implement it in AUM for instance and play a short drum loop, hook up your headphones and play around with the knobs you can good hear what it does to the sound, although the video linked above give a perfect tip-off to the whole subject. It’s really cool and you can make some interesting twist in your drum loop Sotospeak

• Here's a great article that explains how useful this tool is:

https://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-use-transient-designers-in-your-mixes--audio-1083

Well, essentially a transient designer affects the attack and sustain phase of a sound and are capable or drastically enhancing or attenuating each of these with pin point accuracy. For instance, using a transient designer we’re able to increase the attack of a snare sound or clav pattern, or even reduce the sustain of a live percussion loop to reduce the room sound in the recording.

Want to reduce the reverb on a recorded loop you are using to make it sound more dry? This really helps!

Want to make a drum hits have more punch? This really helps!

It's the tool you never knew you needed!! It's awesome!!

• @Audiojunkie said:
    Here's a great article that explains how useful this tool is:

https://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-use-transient-designers-in-your-mixes--audio-1083

Well, essentially a transient designer affects the attack and sustain phase of a sound and are capable or drastically enhancing or attenuating each of these with pin point accuracy. For instance, using a transient designer we’re able to increase the attack of a snare sound or clav pattern, or even reduce the sustain of a live percussion loop to reduce the room sound in the recording.

Want to reduce the reverb on a recorded loop you are using to make it sound more dry? This really helps!

Bingo! this has been a big one for me. :). Reverb replacement on shameful Circuit sessions where I didn’t turn down the damn FX.

• Oh i can already imagine that room drum preset getting that dead Dirty Mind album feel.

• edited March 2018

@Audiojunkie said:
    Here's a great article that explains how useful this tool is:

Want to make a drum hits have more punch? This really helps!

It's the tool you never knew you needed!! It's awesome!!

Wow, just so many inaccuracies in that article !!!!!
    FYI people, turning up the attack dial doesnt add attack to add punch as stated there, in the simplest processing it removes part of the attack phase, in some it actually tries to rebuild it.
    Wow, they then go on to state that reducing the Attack phase softens a sound !!!!! (its the complete opposite(

Avoid that article at all costs.

• Instead of going around, could please guys have a look to the link I provided ?

http://fredantoncorvest.com/FAC_Transient.html

It took me time to describe the effect, and I think I give enough info to have an clear idea of what he can do.
    Documentation is important and it's why I've chosen to bring them always online with picture and so.

Please read it, hope it will helps :)

There is no voodoo, magic... only private spices as usual :) .. it's just like when you eat at your grand mother (or nonna for me) - common dishes but always something special...

• I love this very succinct line from Fred's page:

"Emphasize or tame the transients, extend or shorten the sustain part"

• Very cool app! One question, Is there a benefit for pre ordering? Is it reduced price or?

• @Monoboy said:
    Very cool app! One question, Is there a benefit for pre ordering? Is it reduced price or?

Thx!!!

First time I use the option honestly... so yes why not let see... I've set the price and I don't have any plan to change it.

• Yesterday evening I had a lot of fun with some experiments in AUM including the great apps of @brambos and some of mine. So here you have the FAC Transient Trailer Video :)

Yesterday evening I had a lot of fun with some experiments in AUM including the great apps of @brambos and some of mine. So here you have the FAC Transient Trailer Video :)

Why do you have two Maximas with AUM gain in between? I do not understand what is going on there.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    Yesterday evening I had a lot of fun with some experiments in AUM including the great apps of @brambos and some of mine. So here you have the FAC Transient Trailer Video :)

Why do you have two Maximas with AUM gain in between? I do not understand what is going on there.

You should have noticed that those fxs are on final bus A. First instance of Maxima is used as “glue” for everything, then the gain (desactivated) and finally last instance of Maxima is only used as waveform viewer (see presets). The gain is only used when all th FAC fxs are bypassed... to brings things to equivalent level and so provide a better comparison before/after. Hope it helps.

• As a beta tester, I need to say that this plugin has literally eliminated my need to overuse sidechain compression as well as eliminated my need to over-EQ my sounds. Unless I need to use sidechain compression as an effect in the dance music I make, I really don’t need it anymore. Mixing is a lot easier now. :) Cheers.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    As a beta tester, I need to say that this plugin has literally eliminated my need to overuse sidechain compression as well as eliminated my need to over-EQ my sounds. Unless I need to use sidechain compression as an effect in the dance music I make, I really don’t need it anymore. Mixing is a lot easier now. :) Cheers.

You pushed me happily over into Pre-Order land, made all the easier by the track record so far of Mister Fred.

• I often get mistaken for a transient. :D

@Monoboy said:
    Very cool app! One question, Is there a benefit for pre ordering? Is it reduced price or?

Thx!!!

First time I use the option honestly... so yes why not let see... I've set the price and I don't have any plan to change it.

Cool! must be exciting being a developer :) Count me in on the pre-order, looking forward to the release!

• @Monoboy said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@Monoboy said:

Thx!!!

Cool! must be exciting being a developer :) Count me in on the pre-order, looking forward to the release!

Thx!

Yes it's cool to be a developer, but on the other hand sometimes I feel like it's a very bad addiction consuming all my free time and energy... and I'm perfectionist so :s!!!! I'm not 100% on FAC and I have to endorse all the roles involved in the project! And that's a lot of people! From UI design, dsp to marketing... And yes my position is to avoid any existing framework, but it's a personal choice, there are a lot of great solution out there I think :)

• oh wow this app looks fantastic. do we really have to wait till
    Monday? It looks perfect now maybe a early release on Friday??... purty please? ;)

• Excellent app! I can use a set of loops that I have that were over processed and make them sound dry again! Awesome!!

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

You should have noticed that those fxs are on final bus A. First instance of Maxima is used as “glue” for everything, then the gain (desactivated) and finally last instance of Maxima is only used as waveform viewer (see presets). The gain is only used when all th FAC fxs are bypassed... to brings things to equivalent level and so provide a better comparison before/after. Hope it helps.

Minor feedback for the information in documentation link you provided. Is “Treshold” supposed to be, “Threshold”? In the description you refer to “Duration” which presumably means adjustments using the knobs labeled, “TIME”.

Thank you for providing an in depth explanation of how the app will work.

• @Audiojunkie said:
    Excellent app! I can use a set of loops that I have that were over processed and make them sound dry again! Awesome!!

Again somebody with a wildly overeaching statement hahaha, you may be able to dial the tail back, or add some punch to the attack, but if they are over processed, they are over processed, it is very unlikely you will ever make them sound dry, this is not some next generation resynthesis going on.

I am probably more excited than anybody for this plugin, transient design is my most used tools, but i suspect there is going to be a lot of upset people because in a minute it is(nt) going to turn in to superman and save the world !!

• @InfoCheck said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

Minor feedback for the information in documentation link you provided. Is “Treshold” supposed to be, “Threshold”? In the description you refer to “Duration” which presumably means adjustments using the knobs labeled, “TIME”.

Thank you for providing an in depth explanation of how the app will work.

Very appreciated!! I'll update the website. I've already fixed the typo in FAC Transient for the future beta build then I have to fix in FAC Maxima as well.

So early Release??? I think the current build is stable enough, I wanted to be sure to release something as stable as possible. Seems ok so maybe tomorrow or something :D...

euhhh and yes may I ask you a favour guys: could you please subscribe to my youTube channel and comment the teaser video? I'm not convinced by youTube (very low subscription) but I will keep posting videos about my apps.

As customer I thinks that this is very necessary to have at least a video and doc to watch and read, no ?

So early Release??? I think the current build is stable enough, I wanted to be sure to release something as stable as possible. Seems ok so maybe tomorrow or something :D...

Perfect, I'll be able to grab for my birthday on the 8th when everyone else focuses on the women...

• @Samplemunch said:

@Audiojunkie said:
    Excellent app! I can use a set of loops that I have that were over processed and make them sound dry again! Awesome!!

Again somebody with a wildly overeaching statement hahaha, you may be able to dial the tail back, or add some punch to the attack, but if they are over processed, they are over processed, it is very unlikely you will ever make them sound dry, this is not some next generation resynthesis going on.

I am probably more excited than anybody for this plugin, transient design is my most used tools, but i suspect there is going to be a lot of upset people because in a minute it is(nt) going to turn in to superman and save the world !!

(Sigh)..... Fine. My personal experience doesn't mean anything, and it serves no purpose for me to express how I feel at being able to remove the long reverb tails off of my drum loops. Obviously personal opinion means little, unless that opinion is yours...... (eye roll)

OK everyone! Here is my statement on this awesome app:

"Emphasize or tame the transients, extend or shorten the sustain part". --FAC

Short and to the point.

Oh wait! Here's a better one:

"...you may be able to dial the tail back, or add some punch to the attack" --Samplemuch

When anyone asks what this app can do and what purposes it can serve, be sure to state the following, word for word, because if you don't, Samplemunch will come and nitpick your praise and opinion on this awesome app:

"...you may be able to dial the tail back, or add some punch to the attack"

• Wow, you just cant admit making completely nonsense statements right ?

@Audiojunkie said:

Direct quote, utter nonsense.
    Then decide to pretend like you have a high horse to look down on people that point out you gave spurious information on a public forum.

But hey carry on, you only make yourself look sillier each time.

• Oh wait sorry
    (sigh)
    (eye roll)
    Etc etc etc.

• @Audiojunkie I just try to glean anything relevant from the posts and try to ignore the condescending tone. I have disagreed with most of what @Samplemunch has posted, but I can also see there is no point in trying to argue with them.