Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FAC TRANSIENT Shaper by Fred Anton Corvest - NOW Available To Buy

Comments

• First time preordering. Pop up and auto install was kind of nice. Now time to put it to work!

• wimwim
    edited March 2018

Damn! This is going to be soooo useful. I just loaded up a bunch of muddy old break beat loops and proceeded to utterly kill the character and vibe of the originals, turning them into punchy, clean, mundane modern pop schmutz.

Oh wait ... not such a good use case. :D

But damn! This is going to be useful beyond belief in more sensible efforts than destroying classic vibe. For someone who has tried in vain to become good with compression and only ends up doing more harm than good in most cases, this is targeted idiot-proof goodness. Love it!!

• I can’t wait to try this out on acoustic guitar. It’s going to be just what the doctor ordered, I think.

• who hoo it’s works now and it’s bad ass!

• @FredAntonCorvest A humble UI request -

The indicator above Input Gain and Output Gain would be a bit more helpful if it displayed the actual setting instead of a middle constant of -2.5db. That would help with coordinating other apps.

The other knobs, Contour, Attack, Sustain, Mix, are less important but might be nice too!

I see there is a display for this on the lower left but on an iPhone it is not visible if you are looking ant the middle or right side of interface.

• ...I should be sleeping but too exited that FAC Transient is available...

My release note worth to mention:

The iOS market is growing every day and already provides so many possibilities for music production. There are wonderful daws, synths and great fxs but something as essential as a universal AuV3 transient designer was strangely missing to complete the musician’s arsenal.
    Fred Anton Corvest, producing first-class virtual effects like FAC Chorus and FAC Maxima since 2017, takes up the challenge and is proud to release today FAC Transient to the iOS musician community.

FAC Transient, as is suggested by the name, is an outstanding dynamics processor providing precise design and control of the attack and sustain stages of your instruments. It includes, in addition to the classic amplification or attenuation of the attack and sustain portion of your instrument, a fine control of the detection circuit involved in the processing.

Without going into technical details, there are three envelopes built from their respective detection circuits. The first one is the contour of the input signal, this includes similar processing available in FAC Maxima and brings you control of the threshold, time and detector algorithm. The second and third one define the contour of the attack and sustain portions and brings you a total control of the depth and duration of each stage.

FAC Transient gives you all you need to design the shape of your instruments and provides them the place they deserve in your mix.

FAC Transient is an AuV3 requiring iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fac-transient/id1354088081?ls=1&mt=8

Thx all for your great support!

• @FredAntonCorvest has fast become a developer like @brambos & @Chris_Randall (Audio Damage) that’s making must buy apps at a startling pace. The hype isn’t just appoholic hyperbole, the last FAC app Maxima was incredible, filling a huge void & this one is in the same league. Transient designers are seen in the tool boxes of a lot of modern EDM producers but I’ve heard great things about them for all genres, so I bought mine & am looking forward to experimenting with it. Thanks FAC

• edited March 2018

@JRSIV said:
    @FredAntonCorvest has fast become a developer like @brambos & @Chris_Randall (Audio Damage) that’s making must buy apps at a startling pace. The hype isn’t just appoholic hyperbole, the last FAC app Maxima was incredible, filling a huge void & this one is in the same league. Transient designers are seen in the tool boxes of a lot of modern EDM producers but I’ve heard great things about them for all genres, so I bought mine & am looking forward to experimenting with it. Thanks FAC

Don’t forget @j_liljedahl and @jimpavloff too. We’re lucky to have such talented guys working to develop quality audio apps for iOS. :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'll probably get this later today as a birthday gift for myself...

• Happy Birthday @Samu

• @Bartlinux said:
    Happy Birthday @Samu

Thanks, just hoping more new apps will pop up today before I make my decision on which ones to get :)

• @Samu said:
    I'll probably get this later today as a birthday gift for myself...

Happy birthday matey :)

• @Samu said:

@Bartlinux said:
    Happy Birthday @Samu

Thanks, just hoping more new apps will pop up today before I make my decision on which ones to get :)

Get ‘em all! Have a good one.

• I was playing with it last night and I love it! When I first started making music like 6/7 years ago, I used Transient Master from NI all the time. I was pretty upset that there was not an equivalent when I switched over to IOS. Now I have FAC Transient :smiley:

• @FredAntonCorvest said:
    ...I should be sleeping but too exited that FAC Transient is available...

My release note worth to mention:

The iOS market is growing every day and already provides so many possibilities for music production. There are wonderful daws, synths and great fxs but something as essential as a universal AuV3 transient designer was strangely missing to complete the musician’s arsenal.
    Fred Anton Corvest, producing first-class virtual effects like FAC Chorus and FAC Maxima since 2017, takes up the challenge and is proud to release today FAC Transient to the iOS musician community.

FAC Transient, as is suggested by the name, is an outstanding dynamics processor providing precise design and control of the attack and sustain stages of your instruments. It includes, in addition to the classic amplification or attenuation of the attack and sustain portion of your instrument, a fine control of the detection circuit involved in the processing.

Without going into technical details, there are three envelopes built from their respective detection circuits. The first one is the contour of the input signal, this includes similar processing available in FAC Maxima and brings you control of the threshold, time and detector algorithm. The second and third one define the contour of the attack and sustain portions and brings you a total control of the depth and duration of each stage.

FAC Transient gives you all you need to design the shape of your instruments and provides them the place they deserve in your mix.

FAC Transient is an AuV3 requiring iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fac-transient/id1354088081?ls=1&mt=8

Thx all for your great support!

Thx for you!
    I have fxpansion Transient shaper (in Auria) and now I can say that FAC Transient is the best and more useful shaper in iOS !

• Hey! Who took my $10? Anybody see a ten lying around? B)

• @CracklePot said:
    Hey! Who took my $10? Anybody see a ten lying around? B)

The same dude who just took mine!

So yeah - just put a track together last night and the drums were bugging me. Pulled the trigger on Transient today, popped it on the track, selected the Pump Drums (or whatever it's called) preset and BOOM - instant success.

• @wim said:
    I can’t wait to try this out on acoustic guitar. It’s going to be just what the doctor ordered, I think.

Have you tried it with your acoustic guitar? I find it so hard to get a good (actually looking for a great) tone, plugging in my acoustic. I’d rather not mic it.

• @dvlmusic said:

@CracklePot said:

So yeah - just put a track together last night and the drums were bugging me. Pulled the trigger on Transient today, popped it on the track, selected the Pump Drums (or whatever it's called) preset and BOOM - instant success.

Interesting. Personally I would have put the maximizer after the shaper in the chain...but I might be wrong...

• @cuscolima said:

Interesting. Personally I would have put the maximizer after the shaper in the chain...but I might be wrong...

Depends, it would theoretically be possible to at least partially 'undo' the 'shaping' with the maximiser :)

• @Samu said:

@cuscolima said:

Depends, it would theoretically be possible to at least partially 'undo' the 'shaping' with the maximiser :)

There was very little forethought given to the signal chain here - more just me mucking about to see what I could come up with. In the end I would most likely listen to it both ways and pick what sounds best.

• @dvlmusic said:

@CracklePot said:

Those are some excellent results. Wow. Did you do a quick tune of the parameters from scratch, or are those pretty much some built in presets with maybe a little tweak?
    If you went the first route, how easy was it to dial in a sound you liked?

• @dvlmusic said:

There was very little forethought given to the signal chain here - more just me mucking about to see what I could come up with. In the end I would most likely listen to it both ways and pick what sounds best.

My 'logic' says Transient Shaping first then Maximise.
    But in the end it's how it sounds that is the most important.

And I just got the FAC Transient and ran AXON 2 thru both the Transient Shaper and Maxima. It's quite a treat :)

• @CracklePot said:

@dvlmusic said:

@CracklePot said:

Those are some excellent results. Wow. Did you do a quick tune of the parameters from scratch, or are those pretty much some built in presets with maybe a little tweak?
    If you went the first route, how easy was it to dial in a sound you liked?

This is 100% preset. I haven't even messed with the controls at all - I stuck this in, picked a preset and it sounded so amazing I had to make the quick video. Straight outta the box!!

@Samu said:

@dvlmusic said:

My 'logic' says Transient Shaping first then Maximise.
    But in the end it's how it sounds that is the most important.

And I just got the FAC Transient and ran AXON 2 thru both the Transient Shaper and Maxima. It's quite a treat :)

Awwwwwwwww yeah! I'm hoping that once I'm off work and the kids are in bed I'll have some more time to play. Last night was the first time in ages that I recorded something with live instruments...

• edited March 2018

Lot of nice feedbacks over here !!! And very cool video !!! I wish you all a lot of fun with FAC Transient. I'll take time later to provide some answers to open questions - but now I'm very very tired :smile:

So to thanks some of the pre-order guys I've decided to offer either FAC Maxima or FAC Chorus to the following guys. If you already own it, please "elect" a good friend :)

@johnfromberkeley
    @JohnnyGoodyear
    @Monoboy
    @eross

MP please :)

If you already own it, please "elect" a good friend :)

I elect @Master_Ascendant.

• edited March 2018

Thanks Fred, PM'd, and thanks @JohnnyGoodyear !

...I should be sleeping but too exited that FAC Transient is available...

Fred. Is this a good match for working on tracks that are already mixtures of instruments, or is it mainly intended for use per instrument?