Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FAC TRANSIENT Shaper by Fred Anton Corvest - NOW Available To Buy

Comments

• @JudgeDredd @Philh0954 - Bundles are a mess. I saw the same thing yesterday: Model 15 is €32.99 over here and it's the only thing missing for me from the Moog bundle. 'Completing the bundle' comes with the exciting price of €48.71.

Riiiight...

• @rthr said:
    @JudgeDredd @Philh0954 - Bundles are a mess. I saw the same thing yesterday: Model 15 is €32.99 over here and it's the only thing missing for me from the Moog bundle. 'Completing the bundle' comes with the exciting price of €48.71.

Riiiight...

Apparently it has to do with apps we bought while they were on sale...

• @FredAntonCorvest said:
    About bunde stuff...

All of this is completely out of my scope... I mean when I've created the bundle all I had to do is to select the content, add a description and fix a global price which is - if you don't already own any of the apps - slightly cheaper that the three apart. So the problem about how Apple manage those computations when you already own some plugs should be addressed to the App Store support because I have not option to modify this behavior :s

Just to be clear @FredAntonCorvest the thought had never even crossed my mind that the bundle botchery had anything to do with you. This is just another one of those screwed up app store thing. Your apps are wonderful and I use them often. I just went ahead and purchased your latest individually because I know at even full price, it is a value.

I wonder though, if someone where to purchase the higher priced bundle, would you get the extra money or would the app store try and skim it from you?

Thank you again Fred for the most amazing apps.

• edited March 2018

@rthr said:

@rthr said:
    @JudgeDredd @Philh0954 - Bundles are a mess.

>

Yes. Completing my FAC bundle apparently costs about 25% more than buying it alone!

• @Zen210507 said:

@rthr said:

@rthr said:
    @JudgeDredd @Philh0954 - Bundles are a mess.

>

Yes. Completing my FAC bundle apparently costs about 25% more than buying it alone!

I can complete my bundle to include the missing £3.99 Chorus for the bargain price of £19.99!

Not complaining though as I got Transient as a freebie, so I’ll just buy the Chorus separately.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I can complete my bundle to include the missing £3.99 Chorus for the bargain price of £19.99!

Apple’s policy of less for more has arrived in the App Store. ;)

I’m reading how Auria projects crash with the current FAC transient, so I’ll wait until it gets fixed,

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Apple’s policy of less for more has arrived in the App Store. ;)

I’m reading how Auria projects crash with the current FAC transient, so I’ll wait until it gets fixed,

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    FAC Transient version 1.0.2 (Fix compatibility issue with previous versions) is available :)

• @JudgeDredd said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    About bunde stuff...

All of this is completely out of my scope... I mean when I've created the bundle all I had to do is to select the content, add a description and fix a global price which is - if you don't already own any of the apps - slightly cheaper that the three apart. So the problem about how Apple manage those computations when you already own some plugs should be addressed to the App Store support because I have not option to modify this behavior :s

Just to be clear @FredAntonCorvest the thought had never even crossed my mind that the bundle botchery had anything to do with you. This is just another one of those screwed up app store thing. Your apps are wonderful and I use them often. I just went ahead and purchased your latest individually because I know at even full price, it is a value.

I wonder though, if someone where to purchase the higher priced bundle, would you get the extra money or would the app store try and skim it from you?

No problem indeed now we have a clear overview on both sides and yes between there is Apple :)
    Regarding the extra money I have no idea O_O, first time I create a bundle.

Thank you for your great support and nice words!

• Fred, this app is magic!
    Added it to Rock Drum Machine to reduce the room and wow! Jaw. Hit floor! :o :#

• Fred just left my 5 star review for your app! I couldn’t leave a review on the other ones as you were so kind to gift them but I’m so grateful for your Amazing work!

By the way the new update worked perfectly and allowed me to open up the locked up Auria Probproject I was working on. Thanks!

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@JudgeDredd said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    About bu stuff...

No problem indeed now we have a clear overview on both sides and yes between there is Apple :)
    Regarding the extra money I have no idea O_O, first time I create a bundle.

Thank you for your great support and nice words!

• Just wrote reviews for Chorus and Transient. Five well deserved stars each!

• I really recommend everyone leaving a review guys! Devs like Fred need to have the exposure they deserve! Great apps, great dev equal lots of fun making music!

@noisefan said:
    Just wrote reviews for Chorus and Transient. Five well deserved stars each!

• @MusicMan4Christ @noisefan

Thx for the review!!! Speaking of App Store I found pity that the reviews are sorted by countries :s the app is always the same :)

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Fred, this app is magic!
    Added it to Rock Drum Machine to reduce the room and wow! Jaw. Hit floor! :o :#

https://media.giphy.com/media/L9kwXOK00OJGM/giphy.gif

• Tips and Tricks

You, musicians and owners of both FAC Transient and FAC Maxima, know how both beasts work well together. I want to share a nice fx chain I often use. Call it: the safe chain lol:

Input (try to have the max close to 0db) => FAC Transient(Attack Depth > 0 to taste) => FAC Maxima (Preset Brickwall Limiter) => Output

This work very well when you want to keep safety and add some extra impact without maximising and without clipping. The Brickwall Limiter preset in FAC Maxima will only tame any overshoot and wont't maximise anything below 0db. So you keep the main character of the input, you add punch and keep safety :) Indeed, there are tons of combination for sure but I like this one a lot :)

• Super sweet!

• @FredAntonCorvest said:
    Tips and Tricks

You, musicians and owners of both FAC Transient and FAC Maxima, know how both beasts work well together. I want to share a nice fx chain I often use. Call it: the safe chain lol:

Input (try to have the max close to 0db) => FAC Transient(Attack Depth > 0 to taste) => FAC Maxima (Preset Brickwall Limiter) => Output

This work very well when you want to keep safety and add some extra impact without maximising and without clipping. The Brickwall Limiter preset in FAC Maxima will only tame any overshoot and wont't maximise anything below 0db. So you keep the main character of the input, you add punch and keep safety :) Indeed, there are tons of combination for sure but I like this one a lot :)

Nice! I own all of your apps...they are great!
    Thanks!!!

• @thatguysmitty said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    Tips and Tricks

Nice! I own all of your apps...they are great!
    Thanks!!!

Thx!!!

• edited March 2018

First session with FAC Transient and super impressed!

Easy to use with instant and impressive results. A tool I never knew I needed but very happy I now know exists.

I kinda know my way around a guitar and piano, chord progressions etc but always been a bit naive when it comes to drums.

These tools by super developers such as Fred and Brambos are really helping out with that particular piece of the track puzzle. Thanks guys!

• Is FAC transient something that could be used instead of parallel compression to give drum sounds added punch? I’m a Cubasis user and have been using Waves: Audiotrack’s compressor to achieve this on a duplicate drum track - but for convenience I’m thinking of using an AU plugin on the original drum track, something like NYcompressor... or maybe this?

• Hello! Can you add soft clipper to FAC transient shaper in future update? I thik that it will be very usefull. one button)
    Thx!!!

• @Denzkps said:

Hello! Can you add soft clipper to FAC transient shaper in future update? I thik that it will be very usefull. one button)
    Thx!!!

Hi! This was initially planed for a future update. Glad to read that you need it :) Can not provide a timing for the update as I'm involved in other stuffs at the moment :) But I'll definitively add this feature.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fac-transient/id1354088081

Let me take this opportunity to gently remind you all, to rate and review the apps you use and enjoy.

Thanks in advance :)

• @Denzkps said:

Hello! Can you add soft clipper to FAC transient shaper in future update? I thik that it will be very usefull. one button)
    Thx!!!

Do you want to join the TestFlight team ? I've got something new to test :)

• edited August 2022

I finally bought Maxima. FAC Transcient was the last FAC app that I did not have so, during the sale, I bought it too. I don't know what is a transcient shaper but I heard that it was one of the most popular effect (most requested) that people wanted to see on iOS so I bought it (+ it's FAC so it's sure gonna be good).

I read a couple of articles on transcient shaper a little bit later and I feel dumb because I'm still not 100% sure what is a transcient shaper.

It only affect the beginning of a recorded signal?
    You use a transcient shaper ONLY after recording your audio or you can use it live?
    All the examples I saw was on drum and beat. So transcient shaper is only for drum?
    It compress/reduce the attack of a sound?

I understand a little bit but not enough to explain what it is and some articles on the Interweb confused me more than they help me.

People on this forum are very good at explaining things so, I'm sure your answers will help me 100x more than any others articles I can read.

Thanks

• And second question, how is the latency of transient and maxima? Can somebody read the measure from AUM?
    I try to avoid heavy latencies in my live chain.

• @szczyp said:
    And second question, how is the latency of transient and maxima? Can somebody read the measure from AUM?

There is a reader for latency in AUM? Can you post a screenshot if possible? Never saw that. Thanks for the tips.

• edited August 2022

@Montreal_Music said:
    I finally bought Maxima. FAC Transcient was the last FAC app that I did not have so, during the sale, I bought it too. I don't know what is a transcient shaper but I heard that it was one of the most popular effect (most requested) that people wanted to see on iOS so I bought it (+ it's FAC so it's sure gonna be good).

I read a couple of articles on transcient shaper a little bit later and I feel dumb because I'm still not 100% sure what is a transcient shaper.

It only affect the beginning of a recorded signal?
    You use a transcient shaper ONLY after recording your audio or you can use it live?
    All the examples I saw was on drum and beat. So transcient shaper is only for drum?
    It compress/reduce the attack of a sound?

I understand a little bit but not enough to explain what it is and some articles on the Interweb confused me more than they help me.

People on this forum are very good at explaining things so, I'm sure your answers will help me 100x more than any others articles I can read.

Thanks

In addition to whatever responses you get here, there is also some basic information on Fred's site:

http://fredantoncorvest.com/FAC_Transient.html

From the link: "FAC Transient as is suggested by the name is an outstanding dynamics processor providing precise design and control of the attack and sustain stages of your instruments. Transient designers or shapers are often associated with drum enhancements and only the best of them are versatile enough to suit most of the scenarios."

Personally, I love using it to reduce the ringing sound you can get from an acoustic drum kit. Using the "Kill The Room" setting is especially useful. Then I use a plugin like Baby Audio's "Crystalline" to add back the exact environmental echo or reverb I want.

I've managed to recreate the famous Phil Collins/Hugh Padgham drum sound pretty convincingly with this method. It's so useful to help control out of control room tone.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@szczyp said:
    And second question, how is the latency of transient and maxima? Can somebody read the measure from AUM?

There is a reader for latency in AUM? Can you post a screenshot if possible? Never saw that. Thanks for the tips.

Hmm not for midi but for audio effect there is readable value:

• edited August 2022

""FAC Transient as is suggested by the name is an outstanding dynamics processor providing precise design and control of the attack and sustain stages of your instruments."

Instrument. Ok so it's not just drum. Good to know. The results will probably be better if it's a rythmic pattern I guess. Best way to find out is to experiment.