Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What hardware are you currently using or lusting

Comments

• @kinkujin said:
    Oh wow, the NAMM cat is out of the bag ... just now I saw this. Holy crap. They had me at Unique British Design ...

Yea this i want :D i have some old crappy stylophone and even tho its impossible to play properly and is very simple, i really like its raw sound. I even have even sampled it to single cycle waveforms because its so lovely oscilator sound

• @ToMess said:

@kinkujin said:
    Oh wow, the NAMM cat is out of the bag ... just now I saw this. Holy crap. They had me at Unique British Design ...

Yea this i want :D i have some old crappy stylophone and even tho its impossible to play properly and is very simple, i really like its raw sound. I even have even sampled it to single cycle waveforms because its so lovely oscilator sound

At first I thought it was just a picture. Then I saw that there was sound and played, and the sound surprised me. Looks like a blast.

• lusting for

dreadbox medusa
    dreadbox erubus 2 and 3

Elektron octatrak
    elektron digitone

aka mpc X

rainmaker delay module

@kinkujin said:

hope there is a randomizer on this thing

• @u0421793 said:

@syrupcore said:

There's also the new Pittsburgh Modular Microvolt 3900.

Does anyone have anything to say about this one? If anyone had actually bought one we’d have heard about it, but the above line is the only hit on that search in this site.

That is a really cool unit.

IF I had to pick between that and the Lifeform I think I may take Lifeform though.

I felt sounds for this were good but I don't know......not as wide reaching as I expected.

• edited January 2019

dreaming about Waldorf Microwave XT ... one day will buy it :-)

• The next 'Budget iPad' is something I'll be keeping my eyes on as it will most likely beat my Air 2 in every way possible apart from the laminated screen...

• @Samu said:
    The next 'Budget iPad' is something I'll be keeping my eyes on as it will most likely beat my Air 2 in every way possible apart from the laminated screen...

Me too. Aside from a little audio recorder (waiting for a Zoom H2/4's to drop back down in price), I really just want a better iPad as the Air 2's getting tired.

• @Samu @MonzoPro

Ok, Mini 5 with A12 cpu would be instabuy for me :smiley:

• BenBen
    edited January 2019

New iPad Pro. Probably 11”. If I can manage to sell my bass rigs I will turn those into a Mark Bass head and 210 cabinet.

Oh and an audio interface for the new Pro (keeping my Air 2, going to run them both.)
    AND another keyboard controller. Loving that smaller Roli.
    @MonzoPro. The Air 2 is starting show it’s age though me thinks our expectations grow as time passes.

• @dendy said:
    @Samu @MonzoPro

Ok, Mini 5 with A12 cpu would be instabuy for me :smiley:

My gut says we'll see an 'education model' similar to the last years 9.7" model but with an A11 CPU.
    And hopefully it will retain the 3.5mm jack as well...

The lame-ass BT audio is NOT the solution for real-time audio...

• The new Minilogue xd is floating my boat at the mo.
    the demos sound wonderful.
    I think it would sit well with my Monologue and Volca Sampler.

• Just got the Gecho loopsynth V2 and a Kastle Drum...
    alongside the microgranny and Kastle 1.5 and kp2s - need a battery powered mixer and a decent Bluetooth speaker or at least one with a 3.5mm jack in... imminent backpack jam sessions ahead in the wilds!!

• edited January 2021

Just bought a Minilogue XD module today. Got a few behringer semi-modulars beside that too. Grand plan is to use Drambo to do intense CC modulation and p-locks on the Minilogue XD, and use the 3 midi assignable CV outputs on the craves and neutrons to to bring some tempo based modulation to the analog hardware.

Hopefully can get an ES-8 or 9 this year to further incorporate Drambo with my CV gear, and once that happens, dip my toes into Eurorack for real at last.

• I might be a Korg Kronos successor for my retirement.....if they ever release something that is.....

• Really considering getting the Roland mv-1. I’m gonna hold off and wait for a used one as it seems people are looking at it too much like another drum machine as opposed to what it really is. Shouldn’t be too long until someone puts one on Reverb or EBay due to a lack of research.

• Using:

Rick and Morty PO,
    Korg Nu Tekt
    MPC Element (for iMPC Pro 2, full joy...)

Lusting after: don’t get me started. Really

• edited January 2021

All lust not using:

Arturia MicroFreak
    MakeNoise 0-coast
    Shbobo by Ciat Lonbarde
    Soma Laboratory Lyra-8
    Korg Minilogue XD
    Korg Wavestate

https://www.arturia.com/products/hardware-synths/microfreak/overview
    http://www.makenoisemusic.com/synthesizers/ohcoast
    https://www.patch-point.com/shbobo/shnth
    https://somasynths.com/lyra-organismic-synthesizer/

• edited January 2021

Thomann have a great deal on the Korg Minilogue XD right now.

I couldn't resist.

It's on it's way.

• Moog Matriarch is one of my most recent purchases. I went through almost all the patches in all 4 Patchbooks published by Moog Music, only skipping the ones that require external equipment like mults. Now I'm going through Cuckoo's tutorial vid to try to pick up all the little details that I missed before. I'm just exploring how sounds are made on it. Barely scratched the surface.

Lusting: Yamaha YC-61. Never owned a clonewheel. This one looks like the best fit for me. Has FM-X engine too, though editing is very, very limited compared to the MODX line, which for me is just fine. I was drawn to the Nord Electro type of design that emphasizes quick accessibility/immediacy over deep editing as soon as I tried one for the first time. The YC design is clearly influenced by the Electro.

• This whole Vaporwave craze, plus perhaps exceeding the recommended dosage of Espen Kraft videos, has got me all nostalgic for the 80s/early 90s, so last week I got inspired to pull my old Alesis S4 out of storage for the first time in like 15 years. Amazingly, the RAM card battery (which is rated for a 5-year life) still works after nearly 30 years!

(Other hardware coming out of mothballs too. Cables, and mixers, and wall warts, oh my! )

• thats my whole playground for now, pure HW DAWless world, no iPad involved :-)

• Wow.....how would you do any vocals dendy?

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Thomann have a great deal on the Korg Minilogue XD right now.

I couldn't resist.

It's on it's way.

Congrats! Report back!

• Greatly enjoying the Dreadbox Typhon & a Meris Polymoon - newest items for me.

• @dendy said:
    thats my whole playground for now, pure HW DAWless world, no iPad involved :-)

This is 🔥🔥🔥

• ATM I have:
    IMac with LPX & Reason 11
    IPad Pro gen 1 full of everything

Akai force
    Akai mpclive (gonna sell or trade)
    Roland mc707
    Arturia microfreak
    Dreadbox Typhon
    Novation Peak
    ASM Hydrasynth desktop

That’s about it besides sound reinforcement like headphones, monitors, mics, and controllers

• LOM Geofón
    Hydrasynth
    New iMac or laptop with latest Logic
    Deepmind 12
    Roli Seaboard block

• Still deeply in lust with my Moog Matriarch. It's just amazing. Been using it with the BeatStepPro for extra CV/Gates and the Monologue as a rhythm sequencer.

• Soma Pulsar with the sequencer. Maybe it would be to record patterns. Then try layer ios synths but wouldnt be the same as the sequencer, sequencing an additional instrument. Would need to know as I canceled a dj mixer from EU as didnt realise there were taxes ( thought I was getting a good deal ) Id be saving.