Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What hardware are you currently using or lusting

Comments

• i will say though that hardware buying is such a black hole, i used to endlessly purchase and trade gear to the point of absurdity. it wasnt until last year that i finally ceased that madness and started being productive again.

My first synth in 2006 (Alesis Ion) is still my favorite and most used and its price is going up, up, up these days.

• Over the past couple weeks I picked up a used Ultranova keyboard and a used Roland SE-02. I'm done with hardware!

• @waynerowand said:
    Is an easel for Christmas too much to ask? 🤣

I would love an Easel. I've got West Coast thingies with Make Noise/Verbos but it does not kill the desire at all.

• GETTING new Mono Station in next 2 weeks.

Ordered from Sweetwater....

Excited to pair with Circuit...

• edited October 2018

Short List:
    GR-1 granular synth
    Lyra-8
    Gecho Loop Synth
    MOD DUO
    Odyssey
    Malekko Manther (or similar)
    Blofield
    Bastl Thyme

• edited October 2018

@RUST( i )K said:
    GETTING new Mono Station in next 2 weeks.

Ordered from Sweetwater....

Excited to pair with Circuit...

I’m starting to lust after those 2 pieces of gear now as well as the Moog One. I should start playing the Lotto and the Powerball.

Two weeks ago, I bought the Behringer Neutron since it’s semi-modular and it’s not a clone of any other synth. For $299, it offers a lot of bang for the buck, especially with it being analog and paraphonic. I highly recommended it to anyone looking for an analog synth at this price point, whether they wanna start a Eurorack setup or not. It can also be fitted into a Eurorack case, and they supply the power connector for it as well as 6 patch cables.
    I’m having a lot of fun sequencing it in Reason at the moment. But there’s so much more I’ll be doing with it in the near future.

I simplified my hardware setup over the years. Keeping it minimal is better for me to keep focused. So now I only have a Roland JP-8080, the Behringer Neutron, the x0xb0x that I built years ago, and an Akai MPC2000 which I rebuilt and modded with internal SCSI and a Magneto Optical drive. I use Reason more than my MPC. But when I wanna sample, I’d rather use the MPC, since it’s more fun to sample with it than using software, and I prefer the sonic character of the 2000 since it packs more of a punch.

• Wasn't even lusting, but was in Guitar Center and saw a used DSI Mopho Desktop.

My iPadalboard rig, which has been iPad, pad controller, key controller, mixer, sound card + Minitaur.

Originally I was thinking that Minitaur would be the main bass synth. We got into the iPad for a less complex tool set more than straight portability concern over a laptop. But the more and more I've enjoyed the portability, i.e. taking the iPad off the board, I've found good bass patches on the iPad.

So, I still have that spot for a synth to take CPU off the iPad and all, and have stable live knob tweakage. So I think the Mopho will replace as more of a lead synth.

• I’ve started to look at Roli gear oh noes!

• Nord Drum 3P running into Elektron Analog Heat and 2 x Eventide H9s maxed

Hubba hubba yum. Also laughing out loud because I'm using a poor man's version of this very setup: a Roland SPD-S (the old one) into a cheap guitar pedals into an Alesis Wedge for reverb. :) Lemme know if you wanna swap for a while.

I'm still not lusting hard after anything but today's "I guess if I won the lottery" short list probably looks something like:

• DSI/Oberheim OB-6
    • Strymon DIG delay
    • Strymon BigSky (or similar, epic, expensive reverb unit)
    • Moog One
    • Dreadbox (ALLOFTHEMDAMMIT)
    • Marshall JCM 800 combo
    • New cymbals to replace my trash-can/crock-pot lids
    • A week off to do nothing but hook stuff up, label the patch bay, save controller presets, etc
  • I am lusting over the linnstrument
    Would love to have an sp404
    Lusting to find a classic Roland vsynth original

Learning and using an akaipro mpclive

Probably orgasmic about a Waldorf quantum as well

• Slowly replacing all my iPad pro 1st gen to pro's 2nd gen, then I'll probably get a couple of new synths and effects on IOS.
    As I've got all needed midi controllers, it's just worth it...

• @enc said:
    Had terrible GAS over last three months. Tr 08, sh01a, jp 08. Doctor reckons I'm beyond help :'(

What stand is this for your hardware?

• I have a moog subsequent 37 for sale $1000.
    Mint condition! Nyc area, can deliver.

• @Breezee said:

@enc said:
    Had terrible GAS over last three months. Tr 08, sh01a, jp 08. Doctor reckons I'm beyond help :'(

What stand is this for your hardware?

I think that is a Jaspers stand: https://jaspers-alu.de

• edited October 2018

Lusting...

• OB-6
    • MOOG Grandmother
    • Cirklon Sequencer
    • Octatrack MkII

Abusing...

• Peak
    • MonoStation
    • Digitakt
    • Circuit
  • edited October 2018

I finally have the time to start learning the SE-02 I bought (it's Moog-ish but not a clone). Had steppolyarp on my iPhone triggering it through the PC over WiFi while drum loop played on the PC and I tried finding a separate synth sound using the Ultranova as a midi controller (another synth to learn... After the SE-02). The Roland sounds delicious and edgy.

• edited November 2018

@SpookyZoo said:
    Lusting...

• OB-6
    • MOOG Grandmother
    • Cirklon Sequencer
    • Octatrack MkII

Abusing...

• Peak
    • MonoStation
    • Digitakt
    • Circuit

🙊🙈

• I've bought an Op-z which I'm currently enjoying very much and also enjoying learning a "new" way without using a screen

• I kinda want a drum machine... but I hate managing samples and the best machines are serious $$$, analog or sample (or both).

For awhile I was lusting after the micromonsta, but, from what I've read, it would probably only be a slight upgrade from the Ultranova - which I haven't even spent any time learning yet or creating patches (unlike the SE-02).

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    I kinda want a drum machine... but I hate managing samples and the best machines are serious $$$, analog or sample (or both).

Mmmm what kind of?
    I check MC909 once a week in second hand market and sometimes there are under 400€... also mpc1000...

• I would be happy with just having my Moog Opus3 repaired and fully functioning. When working, it allows me to Wright out and indulge my Floyd fantasies.

• @rs2000 said:

@Proto said:

@Mayo said:
    I hated my Oktatrack... gone
    Now lusting after a Makita power saw

Have you watched those commercials again ?

I have no clue why I love those Makita tools :P

I have always considered myself a Dewalt man, but now I am reconsidering that!

• Here’s my rig...

• Out of all my hardware gear it’s the Korg Volcas that get the most use: every session is fast ephemeral fun.

Out of all the Lusts the ones that are years-deep now remain: DSI Tempest, Roland Boutiques, and the Evantide H9max. Those aside an endless list which grows way more than it shrinks.

¡GAS!

• @sdesign Thats a serious setup :smile: Whats your favourite bits?

• @Jose_Bee said:
    @sdesign Thats a serious setup :smile: Whats your favourite bits?

I love it all to be honest. The Engine MIDI Sequencer I couldn’t live withought though.

• Now I add dfam to list after watching videos and hearing people's thoughts on it. > @shiftsynth1 said:

@kinkujin said:

hehe. I want one too but want the Circuit Mono Station and would lose the BassStation 2 for it.

The someday list:
    Moog Grandmother
    and/or
    Moog Sub37

Wouldn't recommend the circuit if you are coming from an iPad. You will find the sequencer limiting, the drum machine not have enough tracks, and the sample import a pain. It has a cult following and I spent a lot of time on the thing but if you are already working off iPad you have probably out grown it.

I have and use both and agree with most of this. If quantize could be turned off it would make a big difference imo. There are moments where I really appreciate what the circuit can do though

• @breilly said:
    I have a moog subsequent 37 for sale $1000.
    Mint condition! Nyc area, can deliver.

@sdesign said:
    Here’s my rig...

Puurty.

• @syrupcore said:

There's also the new Pittsburgh Modular Microvolt 3900.

Does anyone have anything to say about this one? If anyone had actually bought one we’d have heard about it, but the above line is the only hit on that search in this site.

• I'm lusting rear Digitech trio+. The most similar hardware tool like to GTL in the way I conceive it from workflow POV... and right priced IMO.