Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What hardware are you currently using or lusting

Comments

• edited January 2019

@Multicellular said:
    My long list would be guitars, basses, mandos, cellos, accordion, drums, amps, and guitar pedals...

But more likely of interest on this forum:
    Moog Sub Phatty
    Moog Mother 32
    Moog Minitaur
    Korg Monologue

And use Moog Minifooger delay and drive with those. Those are typically run thru a Traynor Darkhorse.

Not really lusting after anything. Between the iPad, desktop, and all that, I just need more time to play them.

Knew Id posted here some months back.

...changes changes.

Sold the Minitaur and Mother. Mother, im just too much in love now with having synths I can save presets on.
    Minitaur, replaced by IK Uno synth which is just more versatile for leads and pads.

Still using the rest.

• @Multicellular said:
    Minitaur, replaced by IK Uno synth which is just more versatile for leads and pads.

That's quite an endorsement for the Uno but I guess with its limited upper range I can see how the Minitaur could be frustrating for leads and pads.

• A Bluetooth MPE controller that runs on batteries or USB power.

• @syrupcore said:

@Multicellular said:

That's quite an endorsement for the Uno but I guess with its limited upper range I can see how the Minitaur could be frustrating for leads and pads.

Ya, upper range is a big one. Minitaur is a great synth. But my original thinking for my iPad rig was I could do drums on the iPad and use it for basses. It can do that all day, plenty of options imho. What I hadnt realized, being new to iPad music, was how beneficial the highly mobile aspect was. So I recorded so many song parts on the subway, and it was hard without the bass parts.

Did some testing of iOS synth cpu use and found I could do drums, bass, and some pads if I was smart about it. Note this is all for live so I dont want to freeze or whatever. Like to manipulate filters, etc.

So ya, for leads and pads, the Uno included delay is very useful, it is a solid unit. The iPad app gives you all the best options of digital with some of the small imperfections of analog. Not that I am an anlog purest of course, but it also just serves to take some major processing power off the iPad table and is set up to tweak a lot of parameters on the fly.

• Picked up a Roland TR-8s over xmas on sale, and I'm frankly really impressed with what Roland has done. The name Rhythm Performer is more fitting than calling it a drum machine, they did a good job of making a fun to use and playable way to create and alter sequences. Plus, stereo samples. Sounds killer too. Video review coming in the near future.

Been having the RME Fireface UCX climb it's way higher and higher on my list these days too. I can't imagine anything sounding better than my Hilo, but lately I keep finding myself wanting more than two inputs. And the UCX works with the iPad too, so that's a nice bonus.

The MKII version of the Octatrack is calling me too, even though I have the MKI already.

• Y’all are crazy with this outrageous gear, where everything comes out of 3” speakers! It’s like a tux with flip flops.

• edited January 2019

I've started playing guitar again so I wanted a better guitar>iPad interface than the cheap one I've got. But I connected the guitar through my X-Station and though there's a difference in the dry recorded guitar sound, once I pump it through the effects I want I don't hear a difference so I'm just going to be "punk" about it and use the cheap one (the X-Station is too cumbersome and I'll never get anything done if I go that route).

• @Processaurus said:
    Y’all are crazy with this outrageous gear, where everything comes out of 3” speakers! It’s like a tux with flip flops.

:D :D

• Just treated myself to a boss rev 6. Lusting after squarp pyramid but that ain't gonna happen.

• edited January 2019

@Processaurus said:
    Y’all are crazy with this outrageous gear, where everything comes out of 3” speakers! It’s like a tux with flip flops.

I know right?

Maybe they just are not in the pics.

Running my synths and drum machines thru.
    The Egnators are a curious design. They say they are ported but the math is all wrong. Port is way too big. So they are really forward facing open front speakers. In any case, they have massive bass for a 1x12.

The Quilter head is super clean, though of course less than a PA. The Traynor gets way dirtier.

Or

• Currently using (aside from iOS)

BassStation 2
    Mininova
    Electribe Sampler 2
    Circuit
    Alesis DM5 Drum Module

Currently lusting
    Novation SL MKIII

• Yamaha n100 Digital Grand Piano
    iPad Pro 2017
    M-Audio Axiom 49
    Yamaha bb 414 Bass
    Yamaha Thr10
    Steinberg Ur22mk2

• The Korg Minilogue XD seems to be quite nice but why o why o why no routing of envelope to the 'shape'(for envelope control over pulse-width) and just one LFO?!

• @Samu said:
    The Korg Minilogue XD seems to be quite nice but why o why o why no routing of envelope to the 'shape'(for envelope control over pulse-width) and just one LFO?!

So that is 6 months you also buy the Minilogue XD/S ... Oh hang on, no that would be the Apple way :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Samu said:
    The Korg Minilogue XD seems to be quite nice but why o why o why no routing of envelope to the 'shape'(for envelope control over pulse-width) and just one LFO?!

So that is 6 months you also buy the Minilogue XD/S ... Oh hang on, no that would be the Apple way :D

Nah, I'm waiting for the new 'Gadgets' to drop ;)

• Now that we know it's for real ... Korg Volca Modular.

Though as is my custom, I'll probably wait 3 years until I can knab one used.

• @kinkujin said:
    Now that we know it's for real ... Korg Volca Modular.

ditto on all!!!

• @gkillmaster said:

@kinkujin said:

ditto on all!!!

You may need to find a source for those tiny cables, I can't see them lasting 3 years, or if they do, all still being with the unit after 3 years...
    I can imagine getting totally lost in the Modular, just like I do when I open Ripplemaker....long meandering journeys that make hours pass like minutes :)

• Roli Seaboard. I will probably get it this year.

• edited January 2019

@AndyPlankton said:

@gkillmaster said:

@kinkujin said:

ditto on all!!!

You may need to find a source for those tiny cables, I can't see them lasting 3 years, or if they do, all still being with the unit after 3 years...
    I can imagine getting totally lost in the Modular, just like I do when I open Ripplemaker....long meandering journeys that make hours pass like minutes :)

Are cheap and common.

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@gkillmaster said:

@kinkujin said:

ditto on all!!!

Are cheap and common.

Good to know ;)

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@gkillmaster said:

@kinkujin said:

ditto on all!!!

Are cheap and common.

I can see my cats just loving those things. Kids! Keep this door shut!!!!

• @kinkujin said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@gkillmaster said:

@kinkujin said:

ditto on all!!!

Are cheap and common.

I can see my cats just loving those things. Kids! Keep this door shut!!!!

Wow I just made this really cool preset...Oh...It's the cat ! :D

• Why do I feel dirty wanting all the new behringer hardware that has been announced? I mean I know why...

What I would really like to pick up is a a pair of Kali Audio LP-6 monitors. Only $300. I feel guilty spending money when I can get by with headphones and should be saving money.

• @kinkujin said:

Simon and Garfunkel cover ? ... Feline Groovy ?

• @AndyPlankton It's Like a synth under troubled kitty.

• @kinkujin Get Meeeooow't of here

• edited January 2019

Oh wow, the NAMM cat is out of the bag ... just now I saw this. Holy crap. They had me at Unique British Design ...

• @kinkujin said:
    Oh wow, the NAMM cat is out of the bag ... just now I saw this. Holy crap. They had me at Unique British Design

Never thought I'd ever actually desire a stylophone !