Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What hardware are you currently using or lusting

Comments

• I’d really like to get the Minibrute 2s. Really really! My Minibrute power died a few months ago so time to bring a new puppy home.

The Roli Seaboard Block would also be very welcome in my home.

• Can't stop playing my OB-6, it's more or less changed how I will make music. Lusting after a drum machine to go with it, likely an ARmkII.

To those debating an Octatrack, I would say it helps if you have an idea for how you want to use it. If you want one just because you heard they are cool and haven't really given much though to how you will actually use it, then I could definitely see it being frustrating.

• Ive just had a hardware refresh! Sold my Beatstep Pro, Microbrute and an old Bass Station Rack, and recently Bought Maschine MK3 and Korg ES2. I have the E2 synth version too which I might sell. Also have a Novation Circuit which I can't seem to put down atm and Volca Sample, bass and keys. I'm certainly buying less apps right now, but I think I have reached my critical mass for iOS. I don't fancy buying a new iPad just for the new breed of apps.

• Well.. recently bought a Launchpad Pro. Not a huge fan though, playing melodies and chords on the pads just feels weird. I think I'll return and stick with my trusty midi keyboard, that and my iPad are really all I need to have fun making music.

I'd love an OP-1 or something similar though. Just something relatively simple and closed off for standalone music making. Maybe I'll replace the launchpad with a circuit.

• @Jose_Bee said:

@Dubbylabby said:
    Also wondering if buy a SP555 again or something like.
    Samplers are welcome in any form to my hands anytime :wink:

been looking at SP555, SP808 and SP303 recently but Grooverider has been quite good at keeping me distracted

I will sell you an SP808 cheap, i want to sell all my hardware.

• MPC Live
    Moog subsequent or voyager
    OB6
    MacBook Pro
    New desk

• @Tarekith said:
    Can't stop playing my OB-6, it's more or less changed how I will make music.

I hate you.

In other news, I’m happy to have my Moog Rogue back. Was terrified to take it apart, but did, diagnosed the problem, and fixed it. In the end, it was only a little soldering, but it made me feel macho.

The instrument itself gets slagged on for being the cheap-o Moog, but it still gets the desired bass and creamy mid-high lead sounds. Unless I need extensive modulation, it always gets better results than virtual instruments, so I’m happy with it for a monosynth. Now back to watching OB-6 vids...

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Not even sure why, but I’m kinda lusting after one of these

https://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Zoom-ARQ-Aero-RhythmTrak/1GTD

My friend having 'played' with it during our practice sessions, is going to get one, his initial reaction was WTF is that gimmicky thing. If you like groovebox, loopers it's a bargain. Though it has it's quirks.

• IPad Air 2
    DSI Pro 2
    MFB Dominion 1
    Behringer model D on order
    Samson Graphite 49
    Moog MF 101
    Zoom MS70 -CDR
    Electro-harmonic talking machine
    Red Panda Particle Delay
    TC Electronic Hall of fame 2

Always want more!

• @Jose_Bee said:

@rumorazzi said:
    Teenage Engineering OP-1

How do you rate it over IOS music making, is that a comparable thing? I always fancied one, but always thought i could do it all on IOS....

Of course on iOS you got (theoretically) more powerful tools, but the OP-1’s workflow and user interface are a unique combination and a real joy to use.
    To me there’s no game: OP-1 wins.

I prefer to use iOS as a samples source or for granular fx.

When it comes to playing and composing I prefer hardware,
    When it comes to recording and producing I prefer Ableton.

• @Samplemunch said:

Pm me maybe interested but the Zip drive is putting me off tbh

• @Samplemunch said:

@Jose_Bee said:

@Dubbylabby said:

been looking at SP555, SP808 and SP303 recently but Grooverider has been quite good at keeping me distracted

SP808 updated is what I wait from Roland but then released dj808...
    it could be possible to update it to A6 video Canvas gaining hard drive possibility (and losing some functions) and even there is one of these for 200-300€ In my area but not sure about it.
    I also didn’t mentioned VariOS due ReSlice but voice transformer+Simple looper+plus portability of sp555 seems sexy one more time into my eyes.

• @soundshaper said:

@Dubbylabby said:
    I’m selling my novation controllers and trust less in novation apps. I will keep the essential for blocs/launchpad and focus in garageband.

I’m looking for a Novation 61 SL, if that happens to be one of the items you are selling.

Haven’t been lusting over much recently cause I’ve got my Moogs and a KIWI 106. However, if I come across a Nord Lead 3 at a good price, it’s going to be near impossible to resist. I love programming sounds, and the interface on that one is top notch. Plus it would sound sick with the heavy stuff I’m doing these days.

Nop. Launchkey 61mk2 ATM. Launchcontrol xl sold and keep with me launchcontrol simple and iTrack dock (now works again).

• I really wished Midiband would have been developed more as it really is exact what the Arranger is on hardware but unfortunately it hasn’t been developed. Although it currently still works on IOS latest but works best with an external midi controller.

@Dubbylabby said:
    I’m selling my novation controllers and trust less in novation apps. I will keep the essential for blocs/launchpad and focus in garageband.
    I’m going to buy a microarranger or similar with sounds which was my first idea and I should pursue instead of iPad centric setup.

• There are some interesting apps in the platform but none covers the gap properly.

• Behringer model D is such a good deal. But I'm conflicted not being completely comfortable giving money to behringer instead of moog for it.

• Teenage Engineering PO-33 or 35. Yes, I could probably do the same things with my iPhone, but the tech is just so darn nifty. :smile:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8mybH_CxMy8

• Using:
    Keystep. Seriously it’s like a midi Swiss Army knife. Everyone needs one. A keystep Pro with multiple sequencers and faders would be amazing.

Reface cp. Fun but not useful. And Neo-Soul keys is better

PO 33. Bought.

Ik micro monitors. They simply have no business sounding so good and being so small.

Yamaha Bluetooth midi. Very handy.

Want:
    Strymon timeline
    Nord electro 6
    Op-1
    Op-z
    Beatstep Pro

• @Redo1 said:
    Behringer model D is such a good deal. But I'm conflicted not being completely comfortable giving money to behringer instead of moog for it.

No conflict for me but I understand the issues raised for some.

• @enc said:

@rs2000 said:

@enc said:
    Had terrible GAS over last three months. Tr 08, sh01a, jp 08. Doctor reckons I'm beyond help :'(

What's that Yamaha module under the laptop?

QX21 .. owned from new and recently brought out of retirement. Unfortunately the enter buttons have become unreliable sometimes not registering or worse, entering key hits twice.
    Waiting on delivery of its replacement a 25 year Roland MC50 I like mixing it up :)

I guess the MC50 will be a good replacement, always wanted to put mine into the more rugged case of a vintage MC500 but never found the time to do it...

• @Jose_Bee said:

@Dubbylabby said:

With Grooverider I found that I cannot live without sampling in-the-box.
    For standalone use, it lacks sampling, and for use with other hardware it lacks MIDI Sync.
    Bummer because Grooverider is really fantastic otherwise. Really.

• @rs2000 said:

@Jose_Bee said:

@Dubbylabby said:

With Grooverider I found that I cannot live without sampling in-the-box.
    For standalone use, it lacks sampling, and for use with other hardware it lacks MIDI Sync.
    Bummer because Grooverider is really fantastic otherwise. Really.

Sync in iOS (includding alink) isn’t 100% reliable. Sp555 could work standalone and fine as master. Also is physical (haptic) instead of glass finger drumming...
    iPad as extra but not as center anymore. Apple failed this time.

• edited February 2018

@Dubbylabby said:
    Sync in iOS (includding alink) isn’t 100% reliable. Sp555 could work standalone and fine as master. Also is physical (haptic) instead of glass finger drumming...

Does that apply to iOS 11?
    On older iOS versions MIDI sync does work properly, I've tested many combinations of hardware and apps extensively.
    The problem is that some apps work well and others have bugs that were never fixed regarding MIDI sync.
    But I agree that using real knobs and buttons is more fun and usually involves less latency.
    Currently investigating which iPhone is best to add to my Digitakt purely as a MIDI ROMpler and Synth.

• edited February 2018

@rs2000 said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Does that apply to iOS 11?
    On older iOS versions MIDI sync does work properly, I've tested many combinations of hardware and apps extensively.
    The problem is that some apps work well and others have bugs that were never fixed regarding MIDI sync.
    But I agree that using real knobs and buttons is more fun and usually involves less latency.
    Currently investigating which iPhone is best to add to my Digitakt purely as a MIDI ROMpler and Synth.

Mostly but it seems inherent to iOS nature having some extra process to add latency to midi clock signals. Some apps work really well (loopyhd) but it seems to be a limit in iOS itself (I don’t remember who (developer) told me time ago with some tech links). I suposse it could be improved until that physical limit (iOS under any app).
    In iOS 11 some apps lost Alink when you switch apps. It’s been improved (11.2.5 seems a bit more focused in stability over GUI) but I still experience crackles and so on most apps being the most stable at the moment garageband.
    So even with old iDevices and iOS versions I recomend external clock (groovebox or similar) and the Alink from there.
    Someone should release a hardware groovebox with alink transport features. With Alink 2.0 it will be a superselller...

Alink is how I call Ableton link :wink:

This as hardware module...
    http://www.synthanatomy.com/2017/12/ableton-link-has-arrived-in-vcv-rack-new-music-thing-modular-turning-machine-released.html

http://cdm.link/2017/02/now-can-sync-ableton-link-eurorack-open-board/

End OT.

• @Mayo said:
    I hated my Oktatrack... gone
    Now lusting after a Makita power saw

Have you watched those commercials again ?

• @Proto said:

@Mayo said:
    I hated my Oktatrack... gone
    Now lusting after a Makita power saw

Have you watched those commercials again ?

I have no clue why I love those Makita tools :P