Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What hardware are you currently using or lusting

Comments

• @ChrisG said:
    Love the Minilogue, I've made hundreds of sounds on that lil thing. So obviously I got excited seeing a video with the Prologue and, they also used the "Analog For All" thing in that video which made me even more excited. But $2000 isn't exactly in the "Analog For All" range, I know they're targeting a different user group with Prologue but, "Analog for All" it ain't. Still want one though, beautiful instrument, user oscillators and user effects on the digital side is gonna be interesting I bet. I could sell stuff and get one I guess but...

Waldorf Quantum.
    Digitone.
    PO Tonic & Sampler.
    MicroMonsta.
    Waldorf Quantum.
    Analog Heat
    Waldorf Quantum
    That new toddler synth (I've never owned a synth with throttles)

You want that Quantum a lot don't you? :smiley:

• I was lusting after the Zoom L12 Live track mixer.

I succumbed.

I like it.

Think I’m good for a while now. Have a bit of time coming up to get fully acquainted with the Peak, Digitakt and Mono Station I lusted and succumbed to back in November.

• All I really want now is NanoStudio 2 when it’s ready.

• edited October 2018

Just got my Deepmind 12D via delivery from Sweetwater today .. First time I've played or listened to a Poly in person and I'm happy to report it's way beyond my high expectations. Night and day difference listening to the youtube audio of it and hearing it in person on my Sennheiser hd600s., it even drives the 300ohm headphones better than a Motu ultralite4.

I was considering having Neutron and Boog as my first synths, but for same price, this is a no brainer -- Unbelievably cool. No gripes with it so far, I just hope they do an updated model with audio IN -- would be so lovely to be able to use the amazing effects section on external gear or iOS AUs/ VSTS.. Perhaps TC-Helicon restricted this as it might impact their effects pedal market, especially Behringers new price point?

Ended up getting a Neutron as well to satiate my eurorack lust and it certainly fits the bill, but it'll be a while before it gets the attention it deserves. If anyone is looking at options in the $600 or below range for their first synth, nothing comes close to touching DM12 IMHO, unless you can find a used Virus C for the price (Doubtful) . 6 voice KB version is an option at $499, but I wouldn't even consider anything less than 12 voices IMO, to cope with all the beautiful layered patches & design potential & still be able to play chords.

• lusting after; Alesis Ion, traktor Kontrol Z1 and an organelle. Using; Circuit, Volca Kick, MS20 Mini and Keystep.

• @Tarekith said:
    Can't stop playing my OB-6, it's more or less changed how I will make music. Lusting after a drum machine to go with it, likely an ARmkII.

3K. Gulp. Trouble. For all of that Madam is threatening to buy herself an electric bike. Says we need more silly de luxe items as we get older. Couldn’t think of anything I wanted until she mentioned her bike will be 3K.....

• @otem_rellik said:
    I have an op-1 coming on Monday that I'm really excited about. Thought about it for a good year and a half and finally decided to order one. I've been making a lot of my own instruments to quell the urge.

Been a good six months plus....what’s your verdict? Like it? Playing it?

• Eventide H9000

• @99476598326 said:
    lusting after; Alesis Ion, traktor Kontrol Z1 and an organelle. Using; Circuit, Volca Kick, MS20 Mini and Keystep.

Can vouch for the Ion. It's a lovely beast.

• edited October 2018

The next iPads....maybe....or a new macbook (but way too expensive).

• edited October 2018

I use a Roland FA-06 both as a controller and synth together with apps on my iPad! When lusting for more hardware I always come to the conclusion in the end that this combo gives me more possibilities than there is time to explore them so I stand down with a sigh...

• For the last month or so I've been submerged in a Maschine Mk3 controller. Does everything I want it to, though I miss actual keys. I guess their little S25 would complete the setup nicely, but as I've already got a few other controllers, I couldn't swing it past the Mrs.

Software wise Komplete 12 would be nice, but to be honest I'm pretty well setup at the moment.

What I really need is a new laptop and iPad...

• Using and loving:
    Nord Drum 3P running into Elektron Analog Heat and 2 x Eventide H9s maxed
    Hooked up to an iPad Pro 10.5
    And in laptop land:
    Ableton 10 and Push 2
    Komplete 11 and S61 Mk2
    Melodyne Studio (amazing creative capabilities even on non-vocal sources!)

Committed to:
    Elektron Octatrack Mk2 (75% saved already, been on my radar for two years, bought a Faderfox UC4 for it a year ago because I knew I’d get there eventually, and got a Nord Drum 2 ready to hook up too)

And lusting after:
    2018 MacBook Pro 15 i9 (got a decent Windows laptop but it never really feels 100% stable)
    Wavedrum Global
    Elektron Analog 4 and Rytm Mk2
    Monome Norns, Grid, Arc
    GR-1 hardware granular synth
    Lyra-8
    And I’d love to own a Tempest again, such a beautiful machine, but I don’t think I ever will

• Lately I’ve been lusting after a Novation Circuit.

[blows dust off thing under a book] Oh that’s nice, I already have one – that’ll save money.

• @u0421793 said:
    Lately I’ve been lusting after a Novation Circuit.

[blows dust off thing under a book] Oh that’s nice, I already have one – that’ll save money.

hehe. I want one too but want the Circuit Mono Station and would lose the BassStation 2 for it.

The someday list:
    Moog Grandmother
    and/or
    Moog Sub37

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I’m currently Lovin my SP404SX and PO33 (Sampler pocket operator ) combo.

I miss the hell out of my OP-1 and Octatrack and want both of them back some day

• edited October 2018

Pretty sure I'll pick up my first and only analog synth, a Roland SE-02, in a couple weeks (used from Reverb). My Ultranova (also used) arrives Tuesday, which I got mainly to get more keys than my 25 key mini controller.

I use my iPhone (go go Gadget!) and PC both to make music. Once together. I'm looking to get a better feel for analog synths as knobs - even tiny ones - really do make a difference, plus to have something gritty and dark at my disposal that isn't virtual analog, which rarely can do that (u-he has some fine soft synths, among a few others).

• @kinkujin said:

hehe. I want one too but want the Circuit Mono Station and would lose the BassStation 2 for it.

The someday list:
    Moog Grandmother
    and/or
    Moog Sub37

Wouldn't recommend the circuit if you are coming from an iPad. You will find the sequencer limiting, the drum machine not have enough tracks, and the sample import a pain. It has a cult following and I spent a lot of time on the thing but if you are already working off iPad you have probably out grown it.

• Synth land: Moog grandmother- really want the fun of the model 15 app in physical form and I think this gets pretty close to it.

Midi controller: Push 2, don't really need it but I want it

and I need a new Mac book, mine is 5 years old but that ill prob wait since mine gets the job done for now.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @shiftsynth1 said:

Wouldn't recommend the circuit if you are coming from an iPad. You will find the sequencer limiting, the drum machine not have enough tracks, and the sample import a pain. It has a cult following and I spent a lot of time on the thing but if you are already working off iPad you have probably out grown it.

I would differ on this. The main reason I got the Circuit was because I was frustrated with iOS sequencers not being very immidiate at all. Sure it’s just a limited step sequencer, but I can get going really fast where on iPad I have to set up so many different things before I can even start usually. Yeah, sample import is a pain but I don’t change them out that often. I think the drum part does have enough tracks if you use sample flip. I’m a ex-drummer I have 2 hands and 2 feet so usually can only hit 4 things at once anyway. In fact I frequently just use 3 of the 4 drum tracks depending.

• Like u#s guy I also blew the dust off my Circuit recently and am totaly enjoying it just as a sequencer into my pc. A shame I never got into the sound so much and samples are annoying to work with but syncing up and sequencing patterns is nice. I wish there was some other cheaper hardware sequencer like it minus the synth engine etc, would be great to have another unit. Was thinking beatstep but eh, not sure.

• edited October 2018

I actually like the sound of the Bass Station 2, which the Circuit Mono Station is based on, so I think I’d dig the sound. As far as the sequencer goes, I like limitations (sometimes) so I’d probably like that too.

But truthfully, I’ve got enough to work with without it. It’d be a big luxury. I like the thought of combining it with other outboard gear — would be tons of fun.

• My long list would be guitars, basses, mandos, cellos, accordion, drums, amps, and guitar pedals...

But more likely of interest on this forum:
    Moog Sub Phatty
    Moog Mother 32
    Moog Minitaur
    Korg Monologue

And use Moog Minifooger delay and drive with those. Those are typically run thru a Traynor Darkhorse.

Not really lusting after anything. Between the iPad, desktop, and all that, I just need more time to play them.

• The Moog one looks interesting.

• @u0421793 said:
    Lately I’ve been lusting after a Novation Circuit.

I have a certain amount of book/dust Circuit ownership issue too. I DO like it, but I suffer more from having spent enough time to mostly muscle-memory it, but then put it down for a month or two and that muscle has atrophied entirely and somehow starting all over again seems utterly perplexing when I still have BM3 and Modstep to master....pleased to have the thing however....

• edited October 2018

I’m using TR-8S, MX-1, Digitakt, TB-03, MB-33, JU-06, SH-01A, MicroMonsta, and an Engine MIDI sequencer. Just added the iPad to my setup mainly for using AUM with some synths.

Edit: and I also have an electribe 2

• Is an easel for Christmas too much to ask? 🤣

• i really only lust after the Organelle. such a unique piece of gear.