Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @jimpavloff said:
    While the Song mode manual is not ready, you can ask questions about how it works here.> @Billewis said:

So it looks like the little squares under the pattern name identify which tracks are muted and unmuted?

And... I'm guessing that those mutes are set at the pattern level and you can't record alternate mute 'setups' as part of the Song?

You can assign mutes in Song Mode for each pattern in a song, not depending on the original mutes. Tap EDIT button to enter song edit mode, and then just change part mutes in Mute mode as usual.

Ahh - I hadn't thought to push the EDIT button. That opens a new bunch of possibilities. And just to clarify for the next person reading this, tap on START, END, or the Up/Down arrows in this menu and use the "JOG" wheel or the Up and Down arrows above the Jog Wheel to change Start, End, or the pattern's place in the song.

Thank you!

• @Billewis said:

@jimpavloff said:
    While the Song mode manual is not ready, you can ask questions about how it works here.> @Billewis said:

So it looks like the little squares under the pattern name identify which tracks are muted and unmuted?

And... I'm guessing that those mutes are set at the pattern level and you can't record alternate mute 'setups' as part of the Song?

You can assign mutes in Song Mode for each pattern in a song, not depending on the original mutes. Tap EDIT button to enter song edit mode, and then just change part mutes in Mute mode as usual.

Ahh - I hadn't thought to push the EDIT button. That opens a new bunch of possibilities. And just to clarify for the next person reading this, tap on START, END, or the Up/Down arrows in this menu and use the "JOG" wheel or the Up and Down arrows above the Jog Wheel to change Start, End, or the pattern's place in the song.

Thank you!

Yes, you're right. Note, that if you hold SHIFT when adjusting song's pattern END, it will let the value change by bars. Without SHIFT it changes at a multiple of the original pattern length (i.e. 4, 8, 12, 16 etc bars) for simplicity.

• Fantastic update! Thanks for the Song mode, massive!

• Can you ‘record/program’ Shift (for fills) to patterns in song mode? I guess it’s called ‘Shift Lock’. Looks great .. Thanks Jim..

• @RajahP said:
    Can you ‘record/program’ Shift (for fills) to patterns in song mode? I guess it’s called ‘Shift Lock’. Looks great .. Thanks Jim..

No, the only thing currently recorded in song mode is knobs and MFX automation.

• @jimpavloff said:

@RajahP said:
    Can you ‘record/program’ Shift (for fills) to patterns in song mode? I guess it’s called ‘Shift Lock’. Looks great .. Thanks Jim..

No, the only thing currently recorded in song mode is knobs and MFX automation.

Ok.. the export stems drift is fixed.. Thanks much..

• Update just went LIVE!

• So: if I create a sound using the Osc with a slow attack and long release, how do I get it to play for longer than 1/16th so I can actually hear the note play?

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    So: if I create a sound using the Osc with a slow attack and long release, how do I get it to play for longer than 1/16th so I can actually hear the note play?

You need to extend the length of the note. The easiest way is to live record it. If you program it you need to use the scroll wheel. See the screenshot

• wimwim
    edited December 2018

@vitocorleone123 said:
    So: if I create a sound using the Osc with a slow attack and long release, how do I get it to play for longer than 1/16th so I can actually hear the note play?

Make sure the AMP EG button is engaged, otherwise it only controls the filter. Then you won’t need to extend the length of the note.

• Also, for samples, you can set them to one-shot so they play out without needing even an envelope release.

• @jimpavloff Jim you genius thanks dude Song mode -Hey I think GR16 one year anniversary is today?

• edited December 2018

Is it possible that GR-16 updated automagically and loaded to my iPad 2? Confused.

• edited December 2018

Could be nice if there was a ‘make unique’ option for a pattern (Song Mode).. then one can make variations on that ‘unique’ pattern in the Seq, etc.. Or maybe I am missing it..

• @RajahP said:
    Could be nice if there was a ‘make unique’ option for a pattern (Song Mode).. then one can make variations on that ‘unique’ pattern in the Seq, etc.. Or maybe I am missing it..

Save to new?

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

Save to new?

Yes this is the purpose of save to new

• @db909 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

Save to new?

I guess my roots are in FLStudio.. there it’s called ‘Make Unique’ .. ‘Save to New’ is all good.. 😎.

But changing a sequence on a baseline/snare etc. can bring some magic (subtle variation) to a ‘unique’ pattern.... it is a Beta release..

• @jimpavloff Song mode is very simple to use and I can see myself getting really productive with it. Big ups the Vinyl House IAP too, right up my alley B)

• So, here's a thing, and asking for a friend of course, but this friend is like 'whoah 124 pages, man, I can't be reading that, I've got a living to make...' but he'd still like to get started with the app in its current highly-improved-compared-to-just-a-year-ago state.

What would you vets and pros suggest? Is there a recent tut that makes sense to direct him to or does old-fashioned hard labor with the manual make the most sense at this point?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    So, here's a thing, and asking for a friend of course, but this friend is like 'whoah 124 pages, man, I can't be reading that, I've got a living to make...' but he'd still like to get started with the app in its current highly-improved-compared-to-just-a-year-ago state.

What would you vets and pros suggest? Is there a recent tut that makes sense to direct him to or does old-fashioned hard labor with the manual make the most sense at this point?

This app is ready for a really deep video run through and I’m not the man to do it...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    So, here's a thing, and asking for a friend of course, but this friend is like 'whoah 124 pages, man, I can't be reading that, I've got a living to make...' but he'd still like to get started with the app in its current highly-improved-compared-to-just-a-year-ago state.

There aren’t enough videos admittedly. @thesoundtestroom has a getting started video. Between that, using the factory patterns and having a mess about and reading the manual is your best option at the moment. Also learning about the Electribe 2 and Electrons grooveboxes will assist.

• edited December 2018

Wow, I should have bought this a long time ago. What a great app!!!

@jimpavloff any chance you be open to handling relative midi mapping as an option in addition to jump and catch? That way an encoder bank could control stuff based on channels and have immediate control. By relative I mean 63/65 and maybe higher and lower values for acceleration?

Also, ever think about making this an AU host so voices could be AU’s?

***whoa!!! Holy fu(kballs!!! This thing has trig conditions?!!! Oh man... I feel sorry for all y other gear now...

• @gusgranite @LucidMusicInc Thank you gents. Shame there isn't the perfect 20 minute deep dive from zero to sixty,. My friend will no doubt follow your advice, but first I've got to get some sleep...

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

It has midi out if you want to play other synths.

• @wim said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

It has midi out if you want to play other synths.

But you lose the live fx, mixing etc. That’s what I’m loving about this thing. It’s like what I’ve been trying to do in AUM and failing. While this is more limited than AUM setups, it’s UI is amazing for jamming on.

And the features! Holy crap, I just discovered all those stroke settings in the step edit area...

Uhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggghhhhhh..... droool.

• edited December 2018

@kinkujin said:
    Is it possible that GR-16 updated automagically loaded to my iPad 2? Confused.
    @RajahP said:

@db909 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

Save to new?

I guess my roots are in FLStudio.. there it’s called ‘Make Unique’ .. ‘Save to New’ is all good.. 😎.

But changing a sequence on a baseline/snare etc. can bring some magic (subtle variation) to a ‘unique’ pattern.... it is a Beta release..

You can do it in GR16, just in a different way. Check "Step trigger conditions" in the manual.
    (It's even more powerful because you can do it within the same pattern)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gusgranite said:
    This app is ready for a really deep video run through and I’m not the man to do it...

I already felt the need for some tutorial before. Now with all the new updates and even more so after song mode, I would love to watch a tutorial from noob to first song

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @gusgranite @LucidMusicInc Thank you gents. Shame there isn't the perfect 20 minute deep dive from zero to sixty,. My friend will no doubt follow your advice, but first I've got to get some sleep...

Doug’s primer is helpful, but it was very early and was for a version before Jim added pattern chaining and time travel.

This is good also.

Dean from Electronisounds has several excellent videos that range from general to hyperspecific. Will try to dig some up.

• edited December 2018

@rs2000 said:

@kinkujin said:
    Is it possible that GR-16 updated automagically loaded to my iPad 2? Confused.
    @RajahP said:

@db909 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

Save to new?

You can do it in GR16, just in a different way. Check "Step trigger conditions" in the manual.
    (It's even more powerful because you can do it within the same pattern)

Yep, I guess it has to be done in pattern mode, then ‘add to song’..Guess I did not see these options in ‘pattern menu’ before..

Ok.. Save to New...

• edited December 2018

Hey all,

Quick question on midi mapping... It appears that mapping only works for the "active" voice right? So there's no way to midi learn mixer levels for all channels at the same time so I could use a midi controller to mix. Right? Or is there something hidden that's not learnable. I tried sending CC7 on diff. channels hoping it worked like a real E2, but no dice...

Oh, also... So there's no way to map the input jog dial, right?