Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @PsyKology said:
    Well that was an epic read. :D

Welcome @PsyKology!
    Way to jump into the deep end! :joy:

• edited December 2018

1 year anniversary update in the works?

• That’d be great, with global tuning! The tuning menu is so extensive but no global fine tune for us dirty 432 hippies

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    That’d be great, with global tuning! The tuning menu is so extensive but no global fine tune for us dirty 432 hippies

Don’t think it’s the same as 432, but I hear people enjoy a similar effect with Just Intonation. We have this in the part tuning: KRZ Just. I could be totally wrong though

• @db909 said:

@Gaia.Tree said:
    That’d be great, with global tuning! The tuning menu is so extensive but no global fine tune for us dirty 432 hippies

Don’t think it’s the same as 432, but I hear people enjoy a similar effect with Just Intonation. We have this in the part tuning: KRZ Just. I could be totally wrong though

Nice, I’m gonna check that out! Thanks!

• Song mode update is on the way... Together with the new In-App patterns Bank C :smile: Plus many small fixes. I'm currently finishing some stuff with it. One important thing will be added, is that the Parts that have identical parameter settings in two patterns will not cut-off their sound during pattern switching.

• @jimpavloff said:
    Song mode update is on the way... Together with the new In-App patterns Bank C :smile: Plus many small fixes. I'm currently finishing some stuff with it. One important thing will be added, is that the Parts that have identical parameter settings in two patterns will not cut-off their sound during pattern switching.

Looking forward to it..

• @jimpavloff said:
    Song mode update is on the way... Together with the new In-App patterns Bank C :smile: Plus many small fixes. I'm currently finishing some stuff with it. One important thing will be added, is that the Parts that have identical parameter settings in two patterns will not cut-off their sound during pattern switching.

Sounds good!

• So Santa is packing Song Mode on his sleigh and getting ready to deliver to all the good boys and girls?

• New upcoming patterns bank!

• Awesome. And totally period-correct! Sold, instantly.

• Mine...😎

• James - you are the doctor of groove!

• Nice!
    Are you going to include the fast Tap tempo / Loop toggle (using SHIFT) already?

• Nice @jimpavloff! Great update to keep the tails as well. Looking forward to it.

• edited December 2018

@jimpavloff
    One important thing will be added, is that the Parts that have identical parameter settings in two patterns will not cut-off their sound during pattern switching.

That. Is. Just. Superawesome !!

You're one of my three iOS app developer most powerfull superheros :-) !! Avengers of iOS music app developement :-)

• So Song Mode... 🙂

• Okay, update is out! Song mode is in beta mode, should work almost fine (I removed most of the issues). Please comment here your experience and possible issues.

• @jimpavloff said:
    Okay, update is out! Song mode is in beta mode, should work almost fine (I removed most of the issues). Please comment here your experience and possible issues.

Waiting for App Store.....

• @db909 said:

@jimpavloff said:
    Okay, update is out! Song mode is in beta mode, should work almost fine (I removed most of the issues). Please comment here your experience and possible issues.

Waiting for App Store.....

Me too

• Update song mode awesome!

• You are a mad genius scientist @jimpavloff

A great many thanks for this gift to us all!

• While the Song mode manual is not ready, you can ask questions about how it works here.

• So it looks like the little squares under the pattern name identify which tracks are muted and unmuted?

And... I'm guessing that those mutes are set at the pattern level and you can't record alternate mute 'setups' as part of the Song?

• Can you record to a song, so to speak? By which I mean playing a series of patterns and muting and unmuting and messing with the XY pad....

I'm sorry, where ARE my manners?
    Thank you for this. I'm buying the Vinyl House Grooves IAP right away.
    Will pester (or more likely observe others pester better) soon.

• While the Song mode manual is not ready, you can ask questions about how it works here.> @Billewis said:

So it looks like the little squares under the pattern name identify which tracks are muted and unmuted?

And... I'm guessing that those mutes are set at the pattern level and you can't record alternate mute 'setups' as part of the Song?

You can assign mutes in Song Mode for each pattern in a song, not depending on the original mutes. Tap EDIT button to enter song edit mode, and then just change part mutes in Mute mode as usual.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Can you record to a song, so to speak? By which I mean playing a series of patterns and muting and unmuting and messing with the XY pad....

I'm sorry, where ARE my manners?
    Thank you for this. I'm buying the Vinyl House Grooves IAP right away.
    Will pester (or more likely observe others pester better) soon.

No, you can't realtime record the patterns order. You must construct your song first. Then, you can record song automation over the song (REC button).