Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

1139140141142143145»

Comments

• @jimpavloff said:

@janpieter said:

@wim said:

@janpieter said:
    Thank you. Do tell me what offloading means. I already deleted the app and reloaded it from the appstore (didn’t fix the issue). Offloading is more drastic/has an extra step?

>
    Offloading is less drastic than deleting and reloading. It's in iOS Settings > Storage. Once the list that shows app storage populates, if you select an app, you'll get the option to offload it. This removes the app but not the data associated with it. Then, the next time you want to use the app it re-downloads it. It's meant to be a way of freeing up storage without losing data.

One thing: definitely do not enable the Automatically Offload Apps option. You don't want iOS in charge of deciding which apps to offload.

Lastly, I think you may have to manually re-download sample packs 'n stuff from within the apps that are restored after offloading.

edit2
    deleting all user banks solved the issue and importing the mypatterns.bank.gr16 brought the issue back. Your suspected diagnosis was right. Thank you. App works again. I’ve lost some work but hey. I’ll keep the corrupted file in case..

I wonder if you could recover those patterns. You don't have to switch patterns using the menu. You can switch using the up/down keys, and you can rename a pattern with shift-write. Maybe you can navigate to find the offending pattern, then either rename it, or clear just that pattern or something.

U006 seems to be the culprit. Navigating there from U005 using the up/down arrows crashes GR-16.

As I have no patterns beyond U006 (and some patterns in the other user banks which are accessible just as the first 5 of bank 1) I might share-export all my individual patterns as GR16 files and then import them back in a fresh/clean version of GR16 (I tested with one and that went fine).

Thank you again for your advice! Happy to have GR working again and a way to salvage my patterns.

Please send me your patterns bank file (corrupted) for testing.

Sent you a dropboxlink via DM here. Thank you for looking into it!

• edited November 2021

Updated… Ver 2.2.1

Thanks..

• @RajahP said:
    Updated… Ver 2.2.1

Thanks..

Woah! Nice job @jimpavloff !!!

• Showing some love to GR-16 on my third #jamuary2022 jam

While recording some previous takes I found a bug: you can't use the part left and part right buttons while moving the master fx @jimpavloff

• Went back into this amazing app.. Please make transposing (in scale) more simple and effective.. custom scale.. Thanks..

• wimwim
    edited March 2022

Jim Pavlov is based in Kyiv, Ukraine. I wonder if app development is anywhere near his mind right now. :/
    Last Facebook activity March 4, 2022.

• @wim said:
    Jim Pavlov is based in Kyiv, Ukraine. I wonder if app development is anywhere near his mind right now. :/

He posted on Instagram in the last few days. App development probably not on his mind.

• @wim said:

@espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

He posted on Instagram in the last few days. App development probably not on his mind.

Sorry.. can we have his postings relayed here also..

Must be frightening.. Can’t imagine it..

• He’s in Kyiv? I’d heard somewhere else on this forum he was based in Mariupol where there is pretty much nothing left 😔

He’s alive - that’s the best news I’ve heard for quite a while 🙏

• This is his instagram https://www.instagram.com/jimpavloff/

Last publication is from 19th of march, I hope he is alive and his family ok, this is devastating news, war feels much closer now I "know" someone involved, I've sent emails to Jim with bugs and he actually fixed them, I just hope he survives.

• @cokomairena said:
    This is his instagram https://www.instagram.com/jimpavloff/

Last publication is from 19th of march, I hope he is alive and his family ok, this is devastating news, war feels much closer now I "know" someone involved, I've sent emails to Jim with bugs and he actually fixed them, I just hope he survives.

Thanks…

What do you say in such a situation?

• Might be a good time to buy his IAP’s and that 99 cent game he has in the App Store

• I hope & pray Jim & family are ok .

• I too hope all those affected are as safe as they can be.

• Is there any way to send him some cash direct, It might be useful for him and his family?

• last update on fb from april 7th about Jim

• @cokomairena said:
    last update on fb from april 7th about Jim

Great..

• @d4d0ug said:
    Do rather like this app.

Things I'd love to see, but I'm not sure will be coming....

• timestretching / pitchshift of samples (keep pitch, change length or vice versa)
    • bigger window / zooming when adjusting start / stop points of a sample
    • multiple IFX / MFX
    • sidechainer sync'd to a pad (today we have a 4:4 pumper)
    • compressor fx or more control of the limiter (attack release)
    • obvs AUv3 hosting etc
    • state saving in AB3
    • 'song mode'

Did timestretching ever come to Grooverider GR-16?

• @andowrites said:

No.

• edited April 2023

@wim said:

@andowrites said:

No.

Oh, that's a shame. So I'll need to stretch before loading then, or in AUM with something.

• @andowrites said:

@wim said:

@andowrites said:

No.

Oh, that's a shame. So I'll need to stretch before loading then, or in AUM with something.

It depends on what kind of audio you're about to use.
    Loops can often be sliced and used at a different bpm in GR16 by triggering slices "in time" and if the target bpm is much lower, the silent gaps can be filled with reversed slices. Quite a few old school slicers did this to avoid time stretching artifacts.