Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

@RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

@jimpavloff said:

@yowza said:

@espiegel123 said:

@RajahP said:
    I guess CC out, song mode will be coming? Much to work with until .. App of the year..

There is a song mode.

According to the release notes, song mode is not in the AU at least not there currently. Only Jim would know if that’s coming.

No, Song mode is not planned. It is safer to use Program Change for your daw projects to switch GR patterns.

Thanks.. definitely need a video on how to do these things... for dummies like me.. Thanks for this great instrument..

Only few DAWs (including the Imaginando LK matrix sequencer AUv3) support sending PC messages.
    But you can do this (and I find this much more intuitive than drawing a PC automation curve because you can see the pattern order at a glance):

• Load Streambyter AUv3 as a MIDI effect plugin on your DAW track or apeMatrix grid or AUM track
    • Enter this in Streambyter's code area:
    > > > > IF M0 == 90
    > > > >   MAT L0 = M1 - 30   # 30 is a Note offset to make C2 in LK send PC number 00
    > > > >   SND C0 L0    # On C0=Channel 1, send PC value from L0
    > > > >   BLOCK
    > > > > END
    > > > > 80 XX = XX +B`  # Block Note Off messages, they're not needed here
    > > > > 
    • Make sure Streambyter receives MIDI from LK or your DAW MIDI track
    • Make sure your GR16 AUv3 instance receives MIDI from Streambyter only.

From now on, each note starting at C2 in LK's piano roll will send a PC 0 message, C#2 will send PC 1, D2 will send PC 2 etc.
    This works well as a song arranger because LK can have pattern lengths high enough to arrange a full song this way.

BTW, the fun side effect of using LK this way is that each clip is one song so you can have all your GR16 songs in one LK project.

Thanks.. will have to come back at this...

So is this easier in Drambo’s new update? Drum Computer is having a ball triggering the patterns in Drambo... will love to do it to GR-16 Auv3..

No, MIDI functionality is still somewhat limited, you would have to use a chain of MIDI tools to make it work.

Ok.. Thanks..

• @RajahP said:
    Don’t know how this one was missed.. but great video..

Really useful stuff in that vid. Nice one, @SoundForMore !

• edited January 2021

Updated..lt seems more CPU efficient...

Thanks @jimpavloff

Digging in..

• Not sure if this has been mentioned already but the new update is a winner. Seeing the notes on the pads makes things much simpler.

• @jimpavloff So far everything works great, thanks.
    I just have problems with freezing GR16 tracks in cubasis 3. Everytime I hit freeze button, the groovebox reverts to default saw oscilloscope and generated freeze audio track also plays the default osc.
    Any chance this could be fixed?

• @israelite said:
    @jimpavloff So far everything works great, thanks.
    I just have problems with freezing GR16 tracks in cubasis 3. Everytime I hit freeze button, the groovebox reverts to default saw oscilloscope and generated freeze audio track also plays the default osc.
    Any chance this could be fixed?

Thanks for pointing this out! There's something strange is going on with freezing tracks, I will investigate it.

• Updated..

• Nice little update

• edited March 2021

Seem, when Record is enable (in Pause) .. it won’t start with the host ‘transport play button’, (Auv3)... or maybe I’m missing something, Anyone else?

• @RajahP said:
    Seem, when Record is enable (in Pause) .. it won’t start with the host ‘transport play button’, (Auv3)... or maybe I’m missing something, Anyone else?

True. It should work in REC armed mode too.
    Would you please have a look @jimpavloff?

• @rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

True. It should work in REC armed mode too.
    Would you please have a look @jimpavloff?

Thanks for pointing this out, I'll take a look!

• edited March 2021

Seems no one did a video on GR’s powerful JUMP feature... so I did..

Two separate instances of GR (Auv3, Bass\Drum)..

• Also.. Seems MiDi does not pass through in the MidiFX version...or is it me?

• I think I found my groove.

After one year of quarantine music meddling and multiple set ups, I grabbed GR-16 on the Easter sale and everything fell in its place. I managed the set up I have been chasing after with Drambo, namely using the arturia minilab mkII to control the app as much as possible, especially the ability to use the knobs to control all the parameters for all tracks without overlapping, without jumping values, without blindly moving anything, etc. One set of pads controls recording, scrolling, transport, and the other triggers the drumkit. Browsing the menus with the jog wheel is a breeze. GR16 and Drambo are the only apps (to my knowledge) that pride themselves of using relative knobs, and this set up proves why it’s so valuable.

Anyway, this is a little study, with all due respect to the old BoC for inspiration. I recorded perfect loops on the microfreak with L7 (triggered by the minilab) and imported them into GR16 with audioshare; only a few taps needed and nothing to break the flow. With L7 I also recorded the drum loop to mangle with Sector, another Easter purchase. Multi-out let me add the effects I needed to complement the already powerful synth engine in GR16. Some recordings I made last summer rounded up the track. (Live performance, my mastering skills and software leave much room to improve, but we’re getting there). Enjoy.

• @dvi said:
    I think I found my groove.

After one year of quarantine music meddling and multiple set ups, I grabbed GR-16 on the Easter sale and everything fell in its place. I managed the set up I have been chasing after with Drambo, namely using the arturia minilab mkII to control the app as much as possible, especially the ability to use the knobs to control all the parameters for all tracks without overlapping, without jumping values, without blindly moving anything, etc. One set of pads controls recording, scrolling, transport, and the other triggers the drumkit. Browsing the menus with the jog wheel is a breeze. GR16 and Drambo are the only apps (to my knowledge) that pride themselves of using relative knobs, and this set up proves why it’s so valuable.

Anyway, this is a little study, with all due respect to the old BoC for inspiration. I recorded perfect loops on the microfreak with L7 (triggered by the minilab) and imported them into GR16 with audioshare; only a few taps needed and nothing to break the flow. With L7 I also recorded the drum loop to mangle with Sector, another Easter purchase. Multi-out let me add the effects I needed to complement the already powerful synth engine in GR16. Some recordings I made last summer rounded up the track. (Live performance, my mastering skills and software leave much room to improve, but we’re getting there). Enjoy.

Yo, that was nice! Thanks for sharing!

• @dvi said:

Yep, this is great. Exactly the sort of hardware controlling iPad workflow I’ve never managed to get working. Is it a case of setup once, never have to do again on the minilab?

• Amazing track, @dvi
    Love the BoC vibes on it. But what I love the most is you finding the right combo of apps and workflow that finally clicked. That's pure gold

• @Pandan said:

@dvi said:

Yo, that was nice! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you!

• @iansainsbury said:

@dvi said:

Yep, this is great. Exactly the sort of hardware controlling iPad workflow I’ve never managed to get working. Is it a case of setup once, never have to do again on the minilab?

As far as I understand, Grooverider saves midi mapping with patterns as a standalone, or as state saving in AUM, so I made templates for both so that I can start working from there. In any case, the MIDI mapping is very quickly done, so there's really not a lot of set up. The beauty is that Grooverider uses exactly 16 knobs for presets and a combination of jog wheel and buttons for navigation, which I can map on the minilab. Almost all the functions are covered.

I still end up tinkering with things, so now I'm starting to wonder if I can make a Mozaic patch that uses AUM "perfect loop" recording capabilities to bypass L7. This would save loops directly to audioshare and I could import them into GR16 almost seamlessly, whereas in L7 I still have to export to audioshare and switch screens two or three times each time. I could pick which channel to arm/record and the length of each loop in bars... etc.

• @senhorlampada said:
    Amazing track, @dvi
    Love the BoC vibes on it. But what I love the most is you finding the right combo of apps and workflow that finally clicked. That's pure gold

Exactly, that's how I feel right now!

• Guys, if you have anything to share then don't forget there's also a Groove Rider section on patchstorage:
    https://patchstorage.com/platform/groove-rider/
    No matter if it's a set of patterns, a song, sounds, samples or breakbeats - there's plenty of space left for more uploads 😉

• Oh, lookie, lookie, Launchpad Pro Mk 3 support for GR-16 on the way in :D

(So Happy I got one for my birthday, this will be really awesome!)

• Brilliant news

• Shit. Launchpad is becoming an essential like no other on iOS. I managed to talk my self out of it so far, but resolve is steadily weakening.

• I hope Launchpad X is also supported.

• edited April 2021

Nice

• edited April 2021

@RajahP said:

@auxmux said:
    I hope Launchpad X is also supported.

Probably clear my desk for an X...will like to know also..

Edit and the record sync bug.. fix?

• @Samu and @wim :smile:
    Will Launchkey support it also ?

• @Telstar5 said:
    @Samu and @wim :smile:
    Will Launchkey support it also ?

Only current LPro from what I understand as that what the dev has.