Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• edited July 2021

@wim said:

@cokomairena said:

@rs2000 said:
    Nice @cokomairena, I didn't think about using a small area to zoom! 👍🏼

I loose the ability to touch 3 things at the same time so it didn't work in the end.

Is there a way to copy all sounds from one pattern to another, but maintaining the notes? or what would be the same copy only the notes of a pattern (all 16 parts) and paste them into another pattern?

Just hit copy, navigate to where you want to paste (another part, pattern, or measure), then long-press to get the following menu.

Thanks, I was aware of that menu, but never saw the "paste whole bar", that helps me as it copy only the notes and automation data, it's for only one bar, but at most I will have to do it 8 times to copy notes from one pattern to another. Thanks!

A "paste all part sounds" would be great.

I'm asking for this because when I'm working more than one pattern and I make changes I find cumbersome to update the other patterns with the changes I made. Paste mixer is great help, but I would like to past all part sounds at once. It would also work to make a completely new pattern with the same sonic palete.

I'm open to workflow suggestions lol

• wimwim
    edited July 2021

• @wim said:

@cokomairena said:

@wim said:

@cokomairena said:

@rs2000 said:
    Nice @cokomairena, I didn't think about using a small area to zoom! 👍🏼

I loose the ability to touch 3 things at the same time so it didn't work in the end.

Is there a way to copy all sounds from one pattern to another, but maintaining the notes? or what would be the same copy only the notes of a pattern (all 16 parts) and paste them into another pattern?

Isn’t that what Paste Pattern does?

No, that basically duplicate the pattern, both sounds an notes. I want to copy only the sounds while keeping the notes (or copy only the notes keeping the sounds).

But thanks to this convo I just found that there is an option on the utils menu to clear all notes called "empty current pattern", so that solves the "copy all the sounds from one pattern to an empty one" for me. Thanks!

I'll try to make some more music before burning my brain, thanks for the help!

• A chill pattern I'm working on.

Anyone still makes music with GR-16?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jgaEJdz3EzW9CCI73QKA5_8UTpuI8pZ_/view?usp=sharing

• is there the possibility to auto write each pattern/part/song, so i don't have to do it each time I'm making a change ?

• @Sergiu said:
    is there the possibility to auto write each pattern/part/song, so i don't have to do it each time I'm making a change ?

No.

FWIW, I would hate that. If it was added as a feature, I'd hope it would be optional. There definitely seems to be two schools of thought on auto-save, and many on how saves/backups should be managed.

• yeah..toggle on/off that option> @wim said:

@Sergiu said:
    is there the possibility to auto write each pattern/part/song, so i don't have to do it each time I'm making a change ?

No.

FWIW, I would hate that. If it was added as a feature, I'd hope it would be optional. There definitely seems to be two schools of thought on auto-save, and many on how saves/backups should be managed.

• @Sergiu said:

muscle memory will form.

Be grateful you are not working on electribe wave xD there is like a 4 step process lol

• Got it!

• I finally did it, I read this thread from the beginning. What a ride!

• wimwim
    edited July 2021

@cokomairena said:
    I finally did it, I read this thread from the beginning. What a ride!

Way better than the movie, right? The characters were well developed, but they butchered the plot. 👍🏼👎🏼

• I did it, I have a custom 3x3 rgb midi controller for my ipad

• @cokomairena said:
    I finally did it, I read this thread from the beginning. What a ride!

I hope it was a groovy one :)

• edited August 2021

After messing with Beatly Pro… Midi Import would be,,, NICE..

Edit.. Midi Export too…😊

• I’ve been working in GR-16, and I’m just amazed at how perfect it is for a 1-developer app. Sometimes, that’s the secret, I guess.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    I’ve been working in GR-16, and I’m just amazed at how perfect it is for a 1-developer app. Sometimes, that’s the secret, I guess.

This is worth quoting!

• edited September 2021

@gusgranite said:

@johnfromberkeley said:
    I’ve been working in GR-16, and I’m just amazed at how perfect it is for a 1-developer app. Sometimes, that’s the secret, I guess.

It really is. On paper, with its feature set, I should be all over it. And I keep coming back to it. But I struggle with the dev's choice to confine it to behave like hardware. If I want to make timeline adjustments, I have to do it on a tiny screen using virtual knobs. It’s on an iPad! Why not allow the editing screen to be full size and use the power of the touchscreen?
    I feel bad for griping, as if this was a piece of hardware, I would buy it. But it’s not, and the UI stops me using it much.
    It sounds incredible, though, and I want to love it. It’s not you, it’s me etc...

• @iansainsbury said:

@gusgranite said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

It really is. On paper, with its feature set, I should be all over it. And I keep coming back to it. But I struggle with the dev's choice to confine it to behave like hardware. If I want to make timeline adjustments, I have to do it on a tiny screen using virtual knobs. It’s on an iPad! Why not allow the editing screen to be full size and use the power of the touchscreen?
    I feel bad for griping, as if this was a piece of hardware, I would buy it. But it’s not, and the UI stops me using it much.
    It sounds incredible, though, and I want to love it. It’s not you, it’s me etc...

I’m in the same boat. I just can’t get a flow going with GR-16 despite very many attempts. Even if the sequencer was to move on a step after you enter a note that would help. I never touch it at all now. I love Pure Acid though (one of Jim’s other apps) - it’s on the other side of the spectrum - one of my go to apps.

• edited September 2021

@johnfromberkeley said:

@iansainsbury said:

@gusgranite said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

Interesting... My biggest 'gripe' is Key/Scale, Transpose/Quantization..
    It should be like Blocs Wave, Launchpad, and Groovebox.. ......... With lot$ of Content...

• Could this be…… Groove Rider 2?

• @RajahP said:
    Could this be…… Groove Rider 2?

Description says it’s a teaser for his new album.

• @michael_m said:

@RajahP said:

Ohh did not see that .. but GR-16 looks different..

• @RajahP said:

@michael_m said:

@RajahP said:

Maybe it’s not GR at all. It’s kind of hard to see exactly what he’s using.

• @michael_m said:

@RajahP said:

@michael_m said:

@RajahP said:

Isn’t that what they do when they ‘tease’?

Looks like it, with a keyboard instead of pads..

• @RajahP said:

@michael_m said:

@RajahP said:

@michael_m said:

@RajahP said:

That's how GR16 looks like on the iPhone. ;)

Now it's time to make some music guys :)

• @rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

@michael_m said:

@RajahP said:

@michael_m said:

@RajahP said:

That's how GR16 looks like on the iPhone. ;)

Now it's time to make some music guys :)

Ok.. I surrender.. let’s go make music… 😄

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ehehehe said:

@robosardine said:

@iansainsbury said:

@gusgranite said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

I’m in the same boat. I just can’t get a flow going with GR-16 despite very many attempts. Even if the sequencer was to move on a step after you enter a note that would help. I never touch it at all now. I love Pure Acid though (one of Jim’s other apps) - it’s on the other side of the spectrum - one of my go to apps.

Lovely sounds, but I agree with those saying that emulating hardware leads to suboptimal workflow choices. Refunded this and got Poision-202, which looks, works and sounds great! How would you compare Pure Acid with that and GR-16?

Pure Acid: 303 emulation with a nice bassline sequencer, drum machine with TR drum sounds plus step sequencer, limited fx possibilities "per voice", 2 channel mixer

GR16: 16 slots for either samples or inbuilt wavetable synth, 1 fx per slot/voice plus master fx, 16 channel mixer, can load 3rd party samples and wavetables, great presets

Poison-202: synthesizer only, arp, no wavetable, great presets

Though I like Pure Acid, GR16 is way more flexible for me and I use it as my goto drum machine. Poison is a great synth, but I don't use it that often in my projects.

• edited September 2021

@robosardine said:

@iansainsbury said:

@gusgranite said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

You might have missed an essential feature for step entry:

• Hit SEQ, then EDIT
    • Hit KEYS if you don't have an external keyboard
    • In the sequence edit screen, tap on the step where you want to enter the note(s) and play the keys.
    • This is much faster than conventional step entry moving step by step as you can place notes at any position immediately.
  • @rs2000 said:

@robosardine said:

@iansainsbury said:

@gusgranite said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

You might have missed an essential feature for step entry:

• Hit SEQ, then EDIT
    • Hit KEYS if you don't have an external keyboard
    • In the sequence edit screen, tap on the step where you want to enter the note(s) and play the keys.
    • This is much faster than conventional step entry moving step by step as you can place notes at any position immediately.

Ah right, thanks for that @rs2000 - I had another look, I think I was aware of that (I can’t even remember it’s been so long 😀), but still no dice, I can’t get to grips with the input workflow. But I tried it will easily record from Pure Acid into The Grooverider sequencer @ehehehe - which has open it all right up for me x much better. I had actually deleted it, but now I shall be diving all in - now we’re grooving 😎