Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• Thanks, it's working great. I'll sell my Electribe now.> @wim said:

@anickt said:

@Sergiu said:
    First of all. thanks Jim for the wonderful work you've done so far. I found my personal favourite combo regarding midi controllers for the Gr-16. Launchpad Pro for writing melodic notes and Faderfox Pc4 for tweaking knobs.

I was not able to connect and use both of them at the same time. I have to choose Midi In ,rather the LPP or the PC4 but not both. What is Midi IN Mode doing? Poly vs. Omni. How can I use both controllers at the same time?

On Mixer page , is it possible to assign Midi Learn on Master Send Fx? I tried by triple tapping the knob, but i don't think its working yet...

Thanks again

I would think you could use a MIDI merger. Either software (like MIDIFlow or MIDIFire) or hardware: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MIDImerge2--midi-solutions-merger?mrkgcl=28&mrkgadid=3248788544&rkg_id=0&product_id=MIDImerge2&campaigntype=shopping&campaign=aaShopping - Core - Studio & Recording&adgroup=Studio & Recording - Audio Interfaces&placement=google&adpos=1o1&creative=213185928233&device=t&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2Nvrpq7I3gIVR4GzCh2VBQG4EAQYASABEgIkjPD_BwE

Wouldn’t just loading GR-16 into a host that can route more than one midi source to an app, such as AUM, be simpler?

• Guess it may have been mentioned in this massive thread before... but if not, the screen does not fit fully on the iPhone XR... I guess that may be the case for many other apps too..

• @RajahP said:
    Guess it may have been mentioned in this massive thread before... but if not, the screen does not fit fully on the iPhone XR... I guess that may be the case for many other apps too..

That "safe" area, according to Apple's apps design guidelines, must not be occupied with touchable controls but only background graphics or extension of visible content.

• @RajahP :Thanks for the great Blocs Wave to Grooverider idea!

• @jimpavloff
    Just curious about the upcoming song mode. Will it be like the EMX? Super excited!

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/466762#Comment_466762

• @Telengard said:
    @jimpavloff
    Just curious about the upcoming song mode. Will it be like the EMX? Super excited!

If you are talking about continuous automation recording over a song, I was considering that. All I can say is that it will not be the feature in the first song mode update, but this thing is interesting for me for the future. So, how is, in EMX, when you rearrange the patterns in a song with already recorded automation? What happens with automation? Does it locks with the patterns and rearranges too?

• @Telstar5 said:
    @RajahP :Thanks for the great Blocs Wave to Grooverider idea!

@jimpavloff said:

@RajahP said:
    Guess it may have been mentioned in this massive thread before... but if not, the screen does not fit fully on the iPhone XR... I guess that may be the case for many other apps too..

That "safe" area, according to Apple's apps design guidelines, must not be occupied with touchable controls but only background graphics or extension of visible content.

Cool.. no biggie..

@Telstar5 said:
    @RajahP :Thanks for the great Blocs Wave to Grooverider idea!

Launchpad app is also amazing.. too bad one cannot record to individual track with it.. and those effects.. awesomeness..

• edited November 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@Telengard said:
    @jimpavloff

If you are talking about continuous automation recording over a song, I was considering that. All I can say is that it will not be the feature in the first song mode update, but this thing is interesting for me for the future. So, how is, in EMX, when you rearrange the patterns in a song with already recorded automation? What happens with automation? Does it locks with the patterns and rearranges too?

I don't remember for sure, I think the song events stayed put if you move around patterns (not with the patterns). I usually only recorded song events after I had the song all ready finished in structure. So it was the last thing I did to the song. Here is a reference to the song mode in the official guide:

http://i.korg.com/uploads/Support/EMX1_Manual_633660067695790000.pdf

• @recccp said:
    @jimpavloff
    Hi,
    The stereo delay/part is super useful to widen up things, but it also leads to phasing issues/lack of definition in low end - would you consider a mono-maker 'filter' on the master track in pattern settings, please?
    Is there a description available for the arp patterns? Would be useful to see/learn them. Maybe make them user editable through txt editing?

Just my two cents but I’ve had > @jimpavloff said:

@Telengard said:
    @jimpavloff

I don’t know the EMX, but it’s a tough question regarding how song automation should behave. I would think it would work pretty well if song level automation locked/was saved with the patterns over which it was recorded. And if you end up rearranging, you’d just rework the automation. I think it’d be jarring to move a pattern and then play it back and the automation is all different cause it’s in a new position

• edited November 2018

I agree with @db909. The automation should follow the pattern, not the song.

• edited November 2018

@db909 said:
    I think it’d be jarring to move a pattern and then play it back and the automation is all different cause it’s in a new position

Yeah, I agree, I was just trying to remember what the EMX did as I don't have it anymore and never tried moving patterns after a song was structured and song events recorded.

• Wonderful app... sorry.. just had to say it.. <3

• edited November 2018

@jimpavloff Can you share your roadmap for Grooverider?

Will you be adding song mode?

Also, when you add support for AUv3, does this mean it will host AU instruments or will become an AU instrument itself?

• @sdesign said:

Also, when you add support for AUv3, does this mean it will host AU instruments or will become an AU instrument itself?

Song mode is almost finished. It will feature recording of song performance automation over the existing pattern automation (song automation can only be recorded, not edited). Also song export&import to/from a single file, with all song's patterns and samples inside. There are no any plans for AUv3 hosting support however.

• @jimpavloff said:

@sdesign said:

Song mode is almost finished. It will feature recording of song performance automation over the existing pattern automation (song automation can only be recorded, not edited). Also song export&import to/from a single file, with all song's patterns and samples inside. There are no any plans for AUv3 hosting support however.

Cool thanks, record song automation over the pattern automation sounds pretty cool!

So you don’t plan on making GR an AUv3 plugin itself?

• AU’s can be used if you load GR-16 into AudioBus or AUM and use midi out.

• @sdesign said:

@jimpavloff said:

@sdesign said:

Cool thanks, record song automation over the pattern automation sounds pretty cool!

So you don’t plan on making GR an AUv3 plugin itself?

No any plans currently, but things may change in the future.

• Wow. It’s hard to believe this app is just coming up on its 1-year birthday! December 2017. It was solid to begin with and is come farther faster than any app I can think of. Fantastic work!

• @wim said:
    Wow. It’s hard to believe this app is just coming up on its 1-year birthday! December 2017. It was solid to begin with and is come farther faster than any app I can think of. Fantastic work!

That is amazing.

All of this song mode talk has me reinstalling....looking forward to try and figure out what's happened over the past six months :)

• edited November 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@wim said:
    Wow. It’s hard to believe this app is just coming up on its 1-year birthday! December 2017. It was solid to begin with and is come farther faster than any app I can think of. Fantastic work!

That is amazing.

All of this song mode talk has me reinstalling....looking forward to try and figure out what's happened over the past six months :)

Why on earth did you delete it? Are you nuts?

• @sdesign said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@wim said:

That is amazing.

I am actually, but that's another story.

As regards deleting; I found what I did with it seemed -more often than not- too harsh. And then song mode as well. I'm also more of a visual learner and the dumpster diving, for someone who's never had an electribe or similar, doesn't suit me as well as, say, a Beathawk or a Gadget, BUT I am interested in where limitations lead AND I am beyond impressed with the commitment of the developer.

• edited November 2018

@jimpavloff is it possible to make the IFX list available in MFX list especially DECIMATE?

• edited November 2018

@jimpavloff also a swing groove slider in the main screen would be good
    Hit part pad then use the slider? And also when not hitting pad the slider can be used as a Global swing - quicker way to get global swing grooves

• great idea

• @jimpavloff could you elaborate on song mode? Will it use pads for arranging patterns similar to KEW and BM3 scenes or linearly through the menu screen?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@sdesign said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@wim said:

That is amazing.

I am actually, but that's another story.

As regards deleting; I found what I did with it seemed -more often than not- too harsh. And then song mode as well. I'm also more of a visual learner and the dumpster diving, for someone who's never had an electribe or similar, doesn't suit me as well as, say, a Beathawk or a Gadget, BUT I am interested in where limitations lead AND I am beyond impressed with the commitment of the developer.

I understand what you’re saying, if you’ve not played with the hardware then I can see it seeming difficult to learn.

• @jimpavloff said:

Have to say it again... You ROCK!!!

• @jimpavloff Hi Jim!

At the moment the wave button is where sounds can be navigated but we’ve also got the Part Menu. May I make a suggestion.

Inside the part menu we should have some drop down menus for copying and initialising parts. When we’re using samples from the directories making kits from the same or different directories can be an arduous task. It can also get confusing understand the difference between the wave and the part.

I think the Wave button should be changed to Part and when opening the menu you have the part utilities options as well as the waves and presets consolidated.

So by pushing menu you get the pattern settings and utilities. I also think that pattern selector belongs in the menu section with pattern options such as write, save, rename etc. Built in.

By pushing wave you get Part options, user and factory presets and access to the directories.

Please consider it and hopefully it can make sense. In doing so workflow is made simpler for new users and faster for power users. It also has the possibility of removing the pop up menus that come up when doing functions like Shift copy or write etc. Those menu options ought to be part of pattern menu options.

To sum up

Consolidate pattern selector and pattern saving writing copying etc. Into the main menu

Separate part menu options from main menu options and consolidate Part and wave menus under the Wave button, renamed part. Include copy, initialise and save part preset as part of the Part menu (that sentence said part way too often.)

Sorry for any potential confusion

• Well that was an epic read. :D