Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Hey all,

Quick question on midi mapping... It appears that mapping only works for the "active" voice right? So there's no way to midi learn mixer levels for all channels at the same time so I could use a midi controller to mix. Right? Or is there something hidden that's not learnable. I tried sending CC7 on diff. channels hoping it worked like a real E2, but no dice...

Oh, also... So there's no way to map the input jog dial, right?

If you switch Midi Mode to "Poly" in settings menu, you will be able to control all 16 parts independently, by sending messages to corresponding midi channels. And play part notes too. Jog is not assignable.

• @jimpavloff said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    Hey all,

Quick question on midi mapping... It appears that mapping only works for the "active" voice right? So there's no way to midi learn mixer levels for all channels at the same time so I could use a midi controller to mix. Right? Or is there something hidden that's not learnable. I tried sending CC7 on diff. channels hoping it worked like a real E2, but no dice...

Oh, also... So there's no way to map the input jog dial, right?

If you switch Midi Mode to "Poly" in settings menu, you will be able to control all 16 parts independently, by sending messages to corresponding midi channels. And play part notes too. Jog is not assignable.

Ahhh. got it! Now that makes my wish-list of handling relative midi mapping even more wishy. :)

I honestly have no idea how you managed to make an app this good/complex/complete vs. all the other stuff out there. Even stuff from big companies like Korg. Not that this is related to anything from Korg or course. :)

The depth on this is amazing, yet it's still accessible on a surface level to just bang out beats...

• Yeh. I’ve been so distracted by the new toys (NS2 and Stagelight) that I sidetracked from GR-16 for awhile. I went back last night and by the time I came up for air i had three hours to sleep. I did t even get to song mode yet!

I feel like I have to push myself to keep going to develop things in other apps. In GR-16 I have the opposite issue - getting myself not to create too many ideas at once. Good problem to have. 😎

• edited December 2018

@wim said:
    Yeh. I’ve been so distracted by the new toys (NS2 and Stagelight) that I sidetracked from GR-16 for awhile. I went back last night and by the time I came up for air i had three hours to sleep. I did t even get to song mode yet!

I feel like I have to push myself to keep going to develop things in other apps. In GR-16 I have the opposite issue - getting myself not to create too many ideas at once. Good problem to have. 😎

The fact that you can render out a pattern, and then assign that pattern to a pad/track, and then use the slice thing... It's fucking nuts! You can re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-remix your stuff all in one app, then output those loops to LaunchPad for even more buggering... It's endless... Turtles, all the way down...

Question:
    Is it possible to have the notes constrained to the pattern scale when editing a sequence (i.e. seq->edit>jog wheel)? It seems to not do that by default. I mean, in a way that doesn't involve me having to actually know music theory, scales, etc. :)

• No, but you can constrain the pads and use those to edit the notes rather than using the jog wheel.

• I am seeing Ableton Live Set Export.. nice...

• @jimpavloff once again Thanks for the excellent “song” update - you deserve a well earnt break and hope you are earning some well deserved cash - regarding new song mode a final addition to song mode would be great if could add a “repeat pattern” option here maybe next to the “bars” menu on the right of the song mode screen...is this a near future possibilty - its cool as it is in the menu/pattern settings but even cooler if can be added to song mode.

• edited December 2018

@jimpavloff regarding song mode pattern repeats like the akai mpc song mode
    This would be supercool fast workflow is can be added to new song mode
    Notice the “reps” column on the right (pattern repeats)
    :-)

• @stormbeats said:

"Bars" value in the song editor is actually a repeat pattern parameter. You can set it to max 32 bars.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

"Bars" value in the song editor is actually a repeat pattern parameter. You can set it to max 32 bars.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN ladies and gents.

Thanks for the update! lots of nifty little functions with this song mode. Seems ripe for tweaking ones workflow within GR-16.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff ok yes your right cheers Jim thats super cool

• @jimpavloff is there a way to exit a “song” for instance if I want to make changes to a pattern within the song then go back to the “song” without the “save discard” pop up menu.

• @jimpavloff no rush at all Jim but if can put a “delete” next to the “add” in song mode in a future update for deleting a pattern in the song instead of deleting via song edit.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Super cool! B)

@LucidMusicInc looks like your bandcamp -

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Super cool! B)

• I'm still a million miles away from anything much but had to buy thing to buy things because if you don't show appreciation for the porridge in a great chef's bowl he may just weep and not get round to making no more Karen.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @gusgranite @LucidMusicInc Thank you gents. Shame there isn't the perfect 20 minute deep dive from zero to sixty,. My friend will no doubt follow your advice, but first I've got to get some sleep...

Doug’s primer is helpful, but it was very early and was for a version before Jim added pattern chaining and time travel.

This is good also.

Dean from Electronisounds has several excellent videos that range from general to hyperspecific. Will try to dig some up.

A- Thank you.
    B- Please do.

• @stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Super cool! B)

My Bandcamp has been a bit stale this year. Too much time spent on learning new apps :'(

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Super cool! B)

My Bandcamp has been a bit stale this year. Too much time spent on learning new apps :'(

@LucidMusicInc Supercool !

• edited December 2018

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Super cool! B)

The name of my next album I think :p

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Super cool! B)

The name of my next album I think

@LucidMusicInc call it Cool Super twist the words - Iam your manager now

• @stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Super cool! B)

@LucidMusicInc of Thread Jacker - joking dude

• @stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Super cool! B)

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Super cool! B)

I’m working on it boss

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Super cool! B)

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Super cool! B)

I’m working on it boss

@LucidMusicInc i get 99% - now get to work

• Thread Jacker and @Stormbeats new collab album Cool Super set to drop in 2019. It’s gonna be hype y’all!!!

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Thread Jacker and @Stormbeats new collab album Cool Super set to drop in 2019. It’s gonna be hype y’all!!!

No hype keep it quiet thats the Cool Superway

• edited December 2018

@jimpavloff GR16 is really a great works Jim - happy christmas take a deserved break On return to us forum crazy people if can get the Decimate effect on Send Fx selection that would be cool as - thanks again Jim and happy new year to all the GR16 addicts. Peace

• I finally came up for air long enough to try song mode. I kept getting so sucked in to the patterns I was creating I’d never get that far before time or ability to stay awake ran out. Great, great job!! Thank you @jimpavloff!!

One question. I was trying to take just the first two bars of a 4 bar pattern, but can’t adjust the end point below four. Intentional, bug, or user error?

• @wim said:
    I finally came up for air long enough to try song mode. I kept getting so sucked in to the patterns I was creating I’d never get that far before time or ability to stay awake ran out. Great, great job!! Thank you @jimpavloff!!

One question. I was trying to take just the first two bars of a 4 bar pattern, but can’t adjust the end point below four. Intentional, bug, or user error?

Hold SHIFT for smaller end point value changes.