Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launchpad for iOS Reimagined - Tomorrow

Comments

• @zhoe said:
    Ok, is everyone else getting this:

In Blocs if I press the top right corner "i" sign, the Blocs crashes. I tried several times, it is the same. Rebooted iPad, but it is the same.
    Also, you cannot export anything in Launchpad from Blocs anymore because the Launchpad crashes. I REIMAGINED something else, if I am honest!

I see the exported set from blocs wave for a split second then blank launchpad project appears. iPad mini 2 on latest iOS 10

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@zhoe said:

In Blocs if I press the top right corner "i" sign, the Blocs crashes. I tried several times, it is the same. Rebooted iPad, but it is the same.
    Also, you cannot export anything in Launchpad from Blocs anymore because the Launchpad crashes. I REIMAGINED something else, if I am honest!

I see the exported set from blocs wave for a split second then blank launchpad project appears. iPad mini 2 on latest iOS 10

Yes, something like that on my Pro as well. Well, I did write to them on Twitter. Let's see what happens

• I get an insta-crash, but the project appears in my Blocs Wave projects in LP. When I open it, it is blank. Tried AAC and WAV exports, same thing either way. Tried to offload both apps and re-install both, same problem still remains.

Hope they issue a quick patch update in the next day or so. :/

• edited December 2017

@CracklePot said:
    I get an insta-crash, but the project appears in my Blocs Wave projects in LP. When I open it, it is blank. Tried AAC and WAV exports, same thing either way. Tried to offload both apps and re-install both, same problem still remains.

Yeah, they must fix this, otherwise Blocs-->Launchpad is useless.

• If you open the FX, or volume, all the names disappear on the pads, and the names are no longer on th Fx.. what’s the deal here?

• happen.

I'm sure they're on it....

• By no stretch of the imagination is this 'reimagined'. What a completely deflated let down this is. I was looking forward to it for days. How is making the boxes darker- reimagined? I prefer the old look as well. I don't want any sound packs- so they are just a nuisance
    Ah well- it's still a brilliant app- so I suppose we can let them off- at least there is no damage done- apart from the bugs.

• @CracklePot said:
    I get an insta-crash, but the project appears in my Blocs Wave projects in LP. When I open it, it is blank. Tried AAC and WAV exports, same thing either way. Tried to offload both apps and re-install both, same problem still remains.

Thank you to everyone who's reported this. We'll take a look ASAP and get a fix out soon. Thanks again!

• @AmpifyxNovation said:

@CracklePot said:

Thank you to everyone who's reported this. We'll take a look ASAP and get a fix out soon. Thanks again!

At least the app looks great, right?

Are there any improvements under the audio hood?

• Just feels solid on my Air 1.

• @AmpifyxNovation said:

@CracklePot said:

Thanks @AmpifyxNovation

• @zhoe said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Dawww said:
    Export from Blockwave to Launchpad cause Launchpad crash and after reopening there is only empty project. Anybody with same experience?

Yeah Air 2 iOS 11.2

me too, empty project made 2nd attempt. First attempt crashed to background with nothing made.

+1
    and I'm on iPad Pro 9.7.

+2 - either crash or empty project. Air 2

• @zhoe said:

Pressing the 'I' sign in Blocs has been crashing for me for a while.
    I haven't upgraded Launchpad so it's a preexisting bug in Blocs.

• @AmpifyxNovation said:

@CracklePot said:

Do you have beta-testing?

Plenty here would be willing to help.

• @Jes said:

@zhoe said:

Pressing the 'I' sign in Blocs has been crashing for me for a while.
    I haven't upgraded Launchpad so it's a preexisting bug in Blocs.

I didn't know this. Well, @AmpifyxNovation should be able to address it now when they know about it.

• @FreeRadioRevolu said:

@Reid said:
    This was on Facebook with a note that it is happening on 12/6. Anybody know what it is? @AmpifyxNovation

Look, very disappointed with folks here assuming this person identifies as a female human... it could be a gender queer, hijara, two-spirited, trisexual transgender hyena for all we know. In Canuckistan you can be arrested for misidentifying someone’s gender and spend a couple years in prison....

Photo model or not, are all these comments about her appearance and alleged gender/sexuality really necessary? All that this kind of banter achieves is to make this forum look like a bigoted pensioners boys club. Can we not instead make sure that iOS music doesn't turn into yet another area of creative technologies where young women and queer people feel unwelcome despite having been strong driving forces in building it? Seriously.

• @Ribbon said:

@FreeRadioRevolu said:

@Reid said:
    This was on Facebook with a note that it is happening on 12/6. Anybody know what it is? @AmpifyxNovation

Look, very disappointed with folks here assuming this person identifies as a female human... it could be a gender queer, hijara, two-spirited, trisexual transgender hyena for all we know. In Canuckistan you can be arrested for misidentifying someone’s gender and spend a couple years in prison....

Photo model or not, are all these comments about her appearance and alleged gender/sexuality really necessary? All that this kind of banter achieves is to make this forum look like a bigoted pensioners boys club. Can we not instead make sure that iOS music doesn't turn into yet another area of creative technologies where young women and queer people feel unwelcome despite having been strong driving forces in building it? Seriously.

I was with you, up to the “bigoted pensioners boys club” bit, which manages to be sexist and ageist in one fell swoop.

• edited December 2017

@MonzoPro said:

@Ribbon said:

@FreeRadioRevolu said:

@Reid said:

I was with you, up to the “bigoted pensioners boys club” bit, which manages to be sexist and ageist in one fell swoop.

Don't get me wrong, there's of course nothing wrong at all with being a pensioner. But bigotry, sexism, ageism and a boys club mentality definitely are, and those comments are full of it.
    The bigoted label needs no further explanation given the comment I was quoting.
    Making fun of fashionable young women using tech by deriding the way they look when nothing calls for it is what's sexist and ageist.
    I'm just pointing out the impression it gives when reading these comments. That those who make them a) think it's ok to make fun of women's appearance on tech forums (which does make women feel unwelcome in these spaces when such comments are made unchallenged - hence "boys club" label) and b) clearly look down on the way that contemporary young people express themselves (very strong "kids get off my lawn" vibe there).
    I don't think I need to remind anyone that there's a long history of groups of older men looking down on and excluding other demographics in creative tech and that it's still a big ongoing problem. One doesn't even need to be part of that group to perpetrate this, as it's become systemic.
    Let's be better than this and more inclusive.

• @Purpan said:

@Ribbon said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Ribbon said:

@FreeRadioRevolu said:

@Reid said:

Don't get me wrong, there's of course nothing wrong at all with being a pensioner. But bigotry, sexism, ageism and a boys club mentality definitely are, and those comments are full of it.
    Making fun of fashionable young women using tech by deriding the way they look when nothing calls for it is what's sexist and ageist.
    I'm just pointing out the impression it gives when reading these comments. That those who make them a) think it's ok to make fun of women's appearance on tech forums (which does make women feel unwelcome in these spaces when such comments are made unchallenged - hence "boys club" label) and b) clearly look down on the way that contemporary young people express themselves (very strong "kids get off my lawn" vibe there).
    I don't think I need to remind anyone that there's a long history of groups of older men looking down on and excluding other demographics in creative tech and that it's still a big ongoing problem. One doesn't even need to be part of that group to perpetrate this, as it's become systemic.

Absolutely agree with all of this. Thankfully this sort of thing is rare on this forum. I'm sure it's done without any real malice, but without consideration and awareness, too.

Yes this forum is pretty fab indeed :smile:

• edited December 2017

Exactly like i expected, nothing groundbreaking, just cosmetic tweaks .. basically only visual redesign + minor stuff..

Never expect nothing major from big companies. They are not able to move things forward on iOS and bring something innovative. Expect inovations and groundbreaking stuff ONLY from small teams and indie developers.

They are who is moving iOS audio business forward. Not big companies. Big copanies are usually 3 steps behind indie developers and small companies because they are not flexible and not visionary. They just want earn as much $ as possible, not move things forward.

• Well said, Ribbon. Let’s all remember: it takes all of us together to figure out how to drive Patterning with Ruismaker and record the midi into modstep. We need the gender-fluid young hot people on rooftops, and we need the cranky old white guys. Let’s be respectful.

• Good perspectives. Not just for the be cool to humans angle, but yes a lot of this stuff is messy to figure out. I felt a little bad sniping a comment about IAP because truthfully I've probably had the most fun with their apps. It's just frustrating because I know they are capable of a few tweaks that would allow great control/management/tweaks of my own sample library while at the same time allow them to grow through selling packs etc.

• I was in two minds if to post this, but the devil in me won.

I will not comment on the subject any further than this, as this will likely all just escalate and become bitter.

I was bullied quite a bit when I was young for my style and taste. Has that made me desire that we don’t laugh at style, culture, hell anything at all? No.

While I can see that if too many people get together than bullying can occur, but in my moral compass we have to be careful not to outlaw taking the piss out of everything. Yes, it can be a fine line but sometimes we need to look beyond what is said, to what is meant. It’s far too easy to find offense in everything and cause more division than ‘bad’ humour causes in the first place.

I do think the whole concept behind this advertisement was ill considered. Maybe it’s better to laugh at junk advertising these days and eventually companies will get the idea we don’t want it :p

Rant done. Comment if ya want or don’t, I’m going back to other life stuff :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I was in two minds if to post this, but the devil in me won.

I will not comment on the subject any further than this, as this will likely all just escalate and become bitter.

I was bullied quite a bit when I was young for my style and taste. Has that made me desire that we don’t laugh at style, culture, hell anything at all? No.

While I can see that if too many people get together than bullying can occur, but in my moral compass we have to be careful not to outlaw taking the piss out of everything. Yes, it can be a fine line but sometimes we need to look beyond what is said, to what is meant. It’s far too easy to find offense in everything and cause more division than ‘bad’ humour causes in the first place.

I do think the whole concept behind this advertisement was ill considered. Maybe it’s better to laugh at junk advertising these days and eventually companies will get the idea we don’t want it :p

Rant done. Comment if ya want or don’t, I’m going back to other life stuff :)

I see where yer coming from.

I’m a confirmed Novation/Whatevertheyarecalledtoday advocate and love the whole “just works” thing between the hardware and apps but I think popping the hype bubble is valid in this case.

I guess (maybe) hyperbole works for the wider audience but around here it doesn’t cut the mustard.

• @Ribbon said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Ribbon said:

@FreeRadioRevolu said:

@Reid said:

I agree with most of what you say but take issue with your own bigoted comments against ‘older men’, which is ageist and sexist. Complaining about sexist, bigoted comments and then adding your own makes you as bad as them.

It’s bollocks anyway (to use a gender specific term) to suggest there’s a ‘long history of groups of older men looking down on and excluding other demographics in creative tech’. I’ve worked in tech companies for 30 years and there’s been no difference in the attitudes of old/young/women/men when making decisions of this nature.

You’ll get on well here though, they love to pigeon-hole (I’ve got nothing against other native UK birds or Doves, I hasten to add).

• @Ribbon said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Ribbon said:

@FreeRadioRevolu said:

@Reid said:

• @FreeRadioRevolu said:

@Ribbon said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Ribbon said:

@FreeRadioRevolu said:

@Reid said:

My wonderful reply was auto censored... ah... c’est la vie!

• Man that sucks... it was a doozy!

• @MonzoPro Erm, it's a well-documented problem. Good for you for not experiencing it, I guess? As for the rest, you're clearly missing my point. But nevermind.

@Fruitbat1919 Pointing out bigotry does not cause division, bigotry does. Name-calling such as "trisexual transgender hyena" is bound to put people off. It is not just bad humour.

This said, I agree let's end this discussion here. It won't go anywhere.

Back to Launchpad topic. Still can't find the update in the store.