Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launchpad for iOS Reimagined - Tomorrow

Comments

• And it’s dissapointed being right when this means so little improvement for end user. My hope is internal improvements waiting to be unleashed...

• I’d forgotten that blocs wave had Ableton export. So an option for getting something beyond the master bus out of launchpad would be to export to BW then ableton. A bit convoluted. Adding ableton export to launchpad would be nice.

• @Dubbylabby said:
    My hope is internal improvements waiting to be unleashed...

;-)

• @zhoe said:

@Dubbylabby said:
    Swipe to row was in the previous too. I used it oftn since they didn’t allow the button for that in launch controllers...

I didn’t even know that. So, the new design and the retrigger option, is that it then?

Yep, swipe the whole row was already there, I was hoping maybe there would be a way to active the whole row like in Gadget or Ableton,

• Cool update for free, prefer the old look though.

• Midi learn, in, out, sideways. Multi track out. Come on, let’s do it already. It’s not rocket science.

• @AndyPlankton said:

It uses Files app for importing audio if you have the Audio Import IAP...Go to user samples...click the + sign, then select browse

Just got the IAP. Thanks

• @AndyPlankton said:

@bounce said:
    Nice design, all the apps need files app access though.
    Still use groove and blocs on the ground but w/o files app always skip launchpad and take straight to the spaceship Ableton.

It uses Files app for importing audio if you have the Audio Import IAP...Go to user samples...click the + sign, then select browse

oh good, didn’t see that :)
    Would be also good if it had it’s own folder in Files too.

• @AmpifyxNovation said:

@Dubbylabby said:
    My hope is internal improvements waiting to be unleashed...

;-)

Changing the pitch of the sounds in the cells would be nice.
    (Ie. put a bass loop in once cell, put the same loop in another cell with alternate pitch).

With the one shot mode and added 'chromatic pad mode' this could turn into a pretty neat performance sampler :)

• Urban Dictionary: Green Jacket
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Green Jacket
    A female who has the following characteristics: (NOTE: It can be just one of them not all of them.) A. Prude B. Stays out of trouble C. Plays sports D. Gets good grades E. Plays by the rules and listens to parents In other words just a goody two shoes who doesnt like to have fun.

Does the cash dis bish be making it rain with signify an expensive upgrade product or iap?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Nothing ruined, little brung.

Someone left the cake out in the sun.

For those wondering where Jimmy Webb got it from....

Here's Johnny explaining references. The end must be near.

• @supadom said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Nothing ruined, little brung.

Someone left the cake out in the sun.

For those wondering where Jimmy Webb got it from....

Here's Johnny explaining references. The end must be near.

You owe it to all of us all get on with what you're good at. (Yes, Auden as well :) )

• edited December 2017

They moved background audio from iOS settings to in the app. IPhone version no longer has text descriptors in the cells, which is dumb.

• Highlight Features
    • All-new design — Slick new interface. Crisp and responsive on all new iPhones and iPads.
    • 3 new free soundpacks — Midnight House, Future Trap and Funk
    • Go pro — All the pro features in the Pro Features Collection (iPad only)
    • New iPhone layout — Swipe sound groups vertically, even while using FX
    • Redesigned FX — All-new graphical design

Other Updates
    • Pad groups — Easily see which pads are grouped on iPhone or iPad
    • Track meters on iPhone — See which tracks are playing, even while using FX
    • Various minor bugfixes and improvements

• Not that I use the iPhone version anyway but this would cause me a brain aneurysm.

• Export from Blockwave to Launchpad cause Launchpad crash and after reopening there is only empty project. Anybody with same experience?

• I haven't tried it yet on iPad (I don't have it with me), but the touch response seems to be improved on the phone.

• @Dawww said:
    Export from Blockwave to Launchpad cause Launchpad crash and after reopening there is only empty project. Anybody with same experience?

Yeah Air 2 iOS 11.2

me too, empty project made 2nd attempt. First attempt crashed to background with nothing made.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Dawww said:
    Export from Blockwave to Launchpad cause Launchpad crash and after reopening there is only empty project. Anybody with same experience?

Yeah Air 2 iOS 11.2

me too, empty project made 2nd attempt. First attempt crashed to background with nothing made.

Cool! Finally we found new feature. But For me personally is little bit over complicated way, how to make new empty project. BTW I have IPad Pro 10.5.

• @Dawww said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Dawww said:

Yeah Air 2 iOS 11.2

Cool! Finally we found new feature. But For me personally is little bit over complicated way, how to make new empty project. BTW I have IPad Pro 10.5.

No clicks or pops though.....actually, no noise at all! :p

• edited December 2017

greaaaaaat, because the design was the problem. who is the project manager at novation?!? meh

• They could’ve added one meaningful feature along with the design makeover, but they didn’t. A little disappointed, but let’s hope they are working to make the whole ecosystem (blocks, Groovebox and the LP) better. Would be nice to see a hardware from Novation made specifically to work with the their apps.

• Maybe Blocs Wave needs an update too so we can access the 3 new Launchpad sound packs in Blocs Wave...

• edited December 2017

Well, I guess that’s it for my ‘re-imagined’ multi track feature.. Is that so difficult?

• Seems like Groovebox would be an ideal feeder to Launchpad, but there’s no easy way to export GB tracks, is there?

• Ok, is everyone else getting this:

In Blocs if I press the top right corner "i" sign, the Blocs crashes. I tried several times, it is the same. Rebooted iPad, but it is the same.
    Also, you cannot export anything in Launchpad from Blocs anymore because the Launchpad crashes. I REIMAGINED something else, if I am honest!

• edited December 2017

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Dawww said:

Yeah Air 2 iOS 11.2

+1
    and I'm on iPad Pro 9.7.

• @zhoe said:
    Ok, is everyone else getting this:

In Blocs if I press the top right corner "i" sign, the Blocs crashes. I tried several times, it is the same. Rebooted iPad, but it is the same.
    Also, you cannot export anything in Launchpad from Blocs anymore because the Launchpad crashes. I REIMAGINED something else, if I am honest!

Same here. iPad Air 2 iOS 11.1.

• @zhoe said:

Same here, Air2, 128gb. When I reopen LP the BW file is there, but it crashes first every time. Its not a major deal since I dont really send stuff to Launch Pad from Blocs Waves all that much unless I want a quick arrangement to play around with. LP is still kinda sort of a toy to me personally unless they let us send separate audio tracks from a recording. The pro pack upgrade would be a done deal for me if we could.

• @CracklePot said:

@zhoe said:

Same here. iPad Air 2 iOS 11.1.

So, in short, they screwed this one up. They need to fix this ASAP