Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launchpad for iOS Reimagined - Tomorrow

123457»

Comments

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Well said, Ribbon. Let’s all remember: it takes all of us together to figure out how to drive Patterning with Ruismaker and record the midi into modstep. We need the gender-fluid young hot people on rooftops, and we need the cranky old white guys. Let’s be respectful.

Doubleplus this

• @Ribbon I personally would be weary of updating until the new bugs are squished :)

• @Ribbon said:
    @MonzoPro Erm, it's a well-documented problem. Good for you for not experiencing it, I guess? As for the rest, you're clearly missing my point. But nevermind.

I’m not missing your point, but you’ve clearly missed mine.

As for creating an inclusive environment, your continued stance against older males has offended me (as I am one), but I guess that doesn’t count.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Ribbon I personally would be weary of updating until the new bugs are squished :)

But I really really really want to try the new ground-breaking colour scheme, not sure I can wait haha

• @Ribbon said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Ribbon I personally would be weary of updating until the new bugs are squished :)

But I really really really want to try the new ground-breaking colour scheme, not sure I can wait haha

Yeah, I fell for a quick update promising new wonders! I often fall for the quick buzz of a new update though :p

• edited December 2017

Daily reminder: you're on a forum about cheap (though quality) music apps

• edited December 2017

@Ribbon said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Ribbon said:

@FreeRadioRevolu said:

@Reid said:
    This was on Facebook with a note that it is happening on 12/6. Anybody know what it is? @AmpifyxNovation

Look, very disappointed with folks here assuming this person identifies as a female human... it could be a gender queer, hijara, two-spirited, trisexual transgender hyena for all we know. In Canuckistan you can be arrested for misidentifying someone’s gender and spend a couple years in prison....

Photo model or not, are all these comments about her appearance and alleged gender/sexuality really necessary? All that this kind of banter achieves is to make this forum look like a bigoted pensioners boys club. Can we not instead make sure that iOS music doesn't turn into yet another area of creative technologies where young women and queer people feel unwelcome despite having been strong driving forces in building it? Seriously.

I was with you, up to the “bigoted pensioners boys club” bit, which manages to be sexist and ageist in one fell swoop.

Don't get me wrong, there's of course nothing wrong at all with being a pensioner. But bigotry, sexism, ageism and a boys club mentality definitely are, and those comments are full of it.
    The bigoted label needs no further explanation given the comment I was quoting.
    Making fun of fashionable young women using tech by deriding the way they look when nothing calls for it is what's sexist and ageist.
    I'm just pointing out the impression it gives when reading these comments. That those who make them a) think it's ok to make fun of women's appearance on tech forums (which does make women feel unwelcome in these spaces when such comments are made unchallenged - hence "boys club" label) and b) clearly look down on the way that contemporary young people express themselves (very strong "kids get off my lawn" vibe there).
    I don't think I need to remind anyone that there's a long history of groups of older men looking down on and excluding other demographics in creative tech and that it's still a big ongoing problem. One doesn't even need to be part of that group to perpetrate this, as it's become systemic.
    Let's be better than this and more inclusive.

I agree. However, looking at the promo photo, one might see that Novation themselves fell into a similar trap -
    objectifying one's good looks to promote their product. Although, I see that person to be biologically female, she or he may not be/feel that. That said, this does raise the issue of body shaming. If that person's looks was average, it would've been better suited, in my opinion. This way they ended up with a typical 'let's hire good looking model for the shoot' trap, I think.
    I'm also not going to continue with this subject, but hope it is reasonable to allow everyone participating on this thread to state their opinion if they wish to do so. On the other hand, I am expecting the fix for the Launchpad.

• edited December 2017

@AmpifyxNovation just a note about swiping to activate/deactivate clips as a scene/row: if possible it should happen after the finger is released,i.e. Swipe, release or swipe, hold, release. And if the user changes their minds about the action, like they made a mistake and don't want to deactivate the scene they can just release on the original pad they touched. Better to get rid of the swipe altogether imo and just have multitouch.

I left a comment on Reddit for you guys also about introducing pages or banks for more clips and some master channel volume and filter. Midi mapping would be cool too. :)

• I love the swipe.

• @db909 said:
    I love the swipe.

• @Dawww said:
    Export from Blockwave to Launchpad cause Launchpad crash and after reopening there is only empty project. Anybody with same experience?

No crash but empty project here

• So much potential. Poor as fuck bug and quality control. Unlike novation hardware which always seems top notch vfm

• @Dubbylabby said:

@db909 said:
    I love the swipe.

LOL what? :p

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@db909 said:
    I love the swipe.

LOL what? :p

I should put a dislaimer on that, maybe.

Disclaimer
    Look at it as innocent joke. Whatever idea you think is under that fact probably will be a description of your own mental illness. Any swipe was injured in the process of this joke and disclaimer itself. Enjoy life and have a nice day.

:trollface:

• Looks like iPhone users got some new stuff. The effects seem very responsive, maybe the audio engine got tweaked?

I read somewhere that Launchpad has seen close to 8 million downloads to date!

• @Ribbon said:
    Pointing out bigotry does not cause division, bigotry does.

I concur that the comments were unnecessary and carried high trigger potential. I disregarded them, but they didn’t hit too close to home for me. Also agree with @MonzoPro’s point regarding your counter-insults, but am only commenting to point out that your statement above is inaccurate. Both are moving lines, but I assure you that they both divide.

I like the update so far, although it would be keen to be able to edit labels/colors on cells directly in Launchpad. Am I missing it?

• It looks a lot cleaner. Which tricks my brain into wanting to dive in to it more

• edited December 2017

A new update fixes the export-from-Blocs bug.

FROM THE APPSTORE UPDATE:
    _What's New in Version 7.0.1
    This update fixes a crash when exporting projects from Blocs Wave to Launchpad. Big thanks to everyone who told us about this issue.
    (If you reviewed the app to let us know about this bug, we'd be grateful if you could amend your review!)
    _

• @ExAsperis99 said:

What's New in Version 7.0.1
    This update fixes a crash when exporting projects from Blocs Wave to Launchpad. Big thanks to everyone who told us about this issue.
    (If you reviewed the app to let us know about this bug, we'd be grateful if you could amend your review!)

Hi, thanks, but you didn't fix the Blocs Wave crash whenever the "i" button (upper right corner) is pressed.

• @zhoe said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Hi, thanks, but you didn't fix the Blocs Wave crash whenever the "i" button (upper right corner) is pressed.

I understand the confusion, but I'm only passing along what I saw in my AppStore updates. I'll tweak my post.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@zhoe said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I understand the confusion, but I'm only passing along what I saw in my AppStore updates. I'll tweak my post.

Opps, sorry, for some reason I thought you work for them :) They sometimes do post here. Thanks for it.

• @Ribbon said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Hi Ribbon.

Welcome to the forum (I see you joined recently). I hope you feel welcome here.

• Now they need to fix crackling and Ableton link sync.

• edited December 2017

@Ribbon said:
    Can we not instead make sure that iOS music doesn't turn into yet another area of creative technologies where young women and queer people feel unwelcome despite having been strong driving forces in building it? Seriously.

>

1. Everyone is welcome here.
    2. No one cares who is young, queer, old, Martian, etc.
    3. All are equal. *
    4. Seriously.
    • If that doesn’t work for you, and what you really want is special treatment, then you will be disappointed.
  • edited December 2017

@MonzoPro said:

@Ribbon said:
    @MonzoPro Erm, it's a well-documented problem. Good for you for not experiencing it, I guess? As for the rest, you're clearly missing my point. But nevermind.

I’m not missing your point, but you’ve clearly missed mine.

As for creating an inclusive environment, your continued stance against older males has offended me (as I am one), but I guess that doesn’t count.

I'm an old guy, but didn't take offense. I took it as rhetoric using a stereotypical characterization of a recognizable sub-segment of society associated with that kind of bigotry. The shoe didn't fit, so I felt no compulsion to wear it.

But we digress. This is a fascinating thread about a free update for a free app---well, kinda free. People can't cut Novation some slack on the ad? It's an ad. Their enthusiasm is showing. It is a pretty cool, fun app, I think. :)

• edited December 2017

@lovadamusic said:
    They're enthusiasm is showing. It is a pretty cool, fun app, I think. :)

>

Yep. Novation/Ampify are great developers, with huge enthusiasm, and an ear for their customers.

There are things that could be added which would, IMHO, enhance great apps even further. But whether they do it is for them to decide.

Groovebox - Midi out
    Launchpad - Reverse loop option and song mode
    Blocs Wave - Record in from other apps. *

• Yes, this can be done via AB3. But adding the ability to the app itself would be great, as recording in AB is seriously flaky. Also, how the hell do we delete user loops?

EDIT -

Remembered how, but it’s quite awkward.

• Would trade it all for a reworked and easily organized, searchable file system....so long over due...I’m not spending another dime on a novation product till this happens

• edited December 2017

Yep, would be great if there were a better way to manage my sample library in all their apps. For me, Launchpad only comes i to the mix when I have something to build off in Blocs and Groovebox. I do that less and less now because finding the samples I need in Blocs is kludgy. Also, pitch/fx per slice in Blocs and we are really talking about transforming samples into something more personal. I’d stay in their ecosystem more and buy packs if I could quickly turn them into my own, access them (easily in Blocs), and play them in Launchpad.