Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.3 Now Available with Waves IAP

1234568»

Comments

• @Samu said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Bet that Andy wants Files :) Going to ask the same question I already did elsewhere: Time-stretching in Cubasis? If so can anyone point me in the general direction?

Ta.

Files.app yes and histogram in the EQ's :)

As for 'stretch', select an audio-event and then tap on the icon next to the 'grid' (with the text 'stretch' under it).
    When it's enabled you can drag the ends of your audio-clip to stretch it.

If you know the BPM of your audio-clip double-tap the audio-clip and check that it's tempo is correct, if it is you can use the 'auto' feature in the stretch dialogue to match it to your projects tempo.

If we get time-stretching of midi objects I will certainly be using Cubasis more.

• @LFS said:

@tja said:
    @LFS Interested in feedback?

Got my first hang:

I tried to delete one of the above Zeeon MIDI tracks and then Cubasis totally froze!

Then I killed Cubasis and started it again.

The new project I created for the Zeeon test was completely empty!
    No tracks, no MIDI.

:-(

Thanks for your message, tja!

Please read here:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/22753/cubasis-2-3-zeeon-synth#latest

In addition, Jarek from BeepStreet just announced the availability of the latest Zeeon update (v1.4) which includes the appropriate fixes!

Hope that helps!

Great news, woll test this!

Thanks

• @LFS said:

@tja said:

@LFS said:

@kgmessier said:
    Apologies if this has been covered already—I haven't read through all seven pages of this thread—but I'm seeing something interesting on the IAP page. If I click on the Waves Plug-In Bundle, I see it's available for $19.99:

However, if I click on the header for Waves plugins, I see this:

Granted, the first plugin in the list—in fact, all plugins in the list save for the bundle—is $7.99. I'm wondering what would happen if I made the purchase with the header selected rather than the bundle. Would I get all three plugins for $7.99? Would I get just the first (non-bundled) plugin in the list at the $7.99 price? Has anyone tried this?

For the record, this is not specific to the Waves plugin header. The same is true of the Classic Machines (i.e., clicking on the Classic Machines header shows $3.99).

Hi,

No matter where you tap in the Cubasis' in-app shop, this will be the final resulting prices:

Classic Machines IAP = $3.99 until Dec 5, 2017 (reg. $6.99)*
    Waves L1, Q10 and AudioTrack IAP = $7.99 each
    Waves Plug-ins bundle (L1, Q10, AudioTrack) = $19.99

* Classic Machines is one instrument that houses all kits shown in the in-app shop!

The question was, what happens if you buy from the price shown when you select the folder.

What do you buy exactly?

And yes, this is very misleading, as a customer may not notice this, but assume to buy the bundle for 8 Euro! And may even be a legal problem, as the price is clearly written for the bundle!

So, what happens when you buy this?
    And can you please fix this bug?

Hi tja,

The "Waves" in-app shop parent folder houses both the individual Waves plug-ins, as well as the Waves Plug-In Bundle (accessible via the similar named product items in the list on the left).

To avoid confusion, we'll correct the Waves parent folder handling with the next update.

Thanks a bunch!

Just to show what I meant:

The bundle for 8,99 ;-)

• There is a guy on Doug’s YouTube demo thread who, I suspect, has bought the bundle by mistake so there is a need for clarification.

• edited January 2018

Anyone having a problem with dithering to 16 bit with Waves L1 ? When i mixdown to a dithered 16 bit file, the info on Audioshare says it's still 24 bit. I have everything turned on in L1 options etc...

Running the latest Cubasis 2.3 version. Ipad pro 12.9 with ios 11.

Could be a bug ??

• @Keepitsimple said:
    Anyone having a problem with dithering to 16 bit with Waves L1 ? When i mixdown to a dithered 16 bit file, the info on Audioshare says it's still 24 bit. I have everything turned on in L1 options etc...

Could be a bug ??

Hi keepitsimple,

Please change the project settings accordingly before creating your mixdown (Setup/Project).
    Change these settings afterwards at your wish.

Hope that helps.

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@Keepitsimple said:

Could be a bug ??

Hi keepitsimple,

Please change the project settings accordingly before creating your mixdown (Setup/Project).
    Change these settings afterwards at your wish.

Hope that helps.

Best,
    Lars

Ahhh Thank You. Totally slipped my mind that the setup /project settings are mixdown settings as well. Makes sense.

• @Keepitsimple said:
    Ahhh Thank You. Totally slipped my mind that the setup /project settings are mixdown settings as well. Makes sense.

Thanks for the update, Keepitsimple.
    Glad to hear the issue is solved by this.

Best,
    Lars

• edited August 2019

i'm trying to make a descision regarding the waves plugins.Even with all the great AUs out there i'm looking for a stable and lightweight solution that it's"baked"into the host.Even if i have quite some nice AU dynamic FX (and all Fabfilter already in Auria) i don't want to use too many of them at once.AU has still it's quirks.I need something to just fire and forget but i'm underwhelmed by the build in stuff.

So,would the waves fulfill my expectations of being light on cpu and stable/reliable even when using a lot of them?

Do the EQ and channelstrip add to the overall latency a lot?Are there linear phase options for the EQ?

• @Crabman said:

So,would the waves fulfill my expectations of being light on cpu and stable/reliable even when using a lot of them?

Just wish the Waves EQ's had a histograms but I do feel they are a good complement to what's already present in Cubasis.
    I do like the AudioTrack for mic input and L1 Ultramaximiser on the master to keep levels under control.

Even though I've got more advanced AUv3's when I mess around in Cubasis I tend to use the Wave's stuff.
    I do wish they were AUv3's as well...

• Thanks...what do u mean with histogram? @Samu

• @Crabman said:
    Thanks...what do u mean with histogram? @Samu

Spectrum Analyser (it creates a histogram snapshot) that makes it easier to EQ using they eyes :)

• ah,ok.I wouldn't miss it in this case.Mixing/EQing by ears is preferable and if i need more assist there is still the amazing TB Equalizer in my arsenal.

So,some last words about stability and CPU usage?Any abnormalities noticed?

• @Crabman said:

So,some last words about stability and CPU usage?Any abnormalities noticed?

Even though my Air 2 is getting old it's pretty easy on the CPU from what I can tell.
    My favourites are the AudioTrack and L1 Ultramaximiser but I've got all three...

The plug-ins are native to Cubasis and I've not bumped into any stability issues yet.
    (AUv3's can get shaky so Waves wins here).

• Thanks again,decision made.Gonna buy them later :smile:

• edited August 2019

man,it's good that i did not pull the trigger for waves already.

I have holiday now and been able to give all this ios thing a new try after my long break and was really looking forward to come back to cubasis.Now with AU we should have solid sync for example,right?Wrong.

I'm sorry to say this but cubasis still syncs like shit.I'm not even talking about sync with other apps/hardware.Just internal tests i made with Rozeta XoX and Beathawk or XoX with the internal sampler and drumsets i created for it.oddly enough when i first created this szenario and mapped Rozeta to the sampler it seemed more or less fine.Not perfect but usable.

Now i reopened the project and timing is all over the place,no matter what i try.Clear ram,reboot,WLAN etc off,no other apps running,locked the screen to 60hz...nothing helps.Even more disapponting that their own Minilogue arp also doesn't run tight.Only when i set a one bar loop lenght it runs tight but as soon as i enhance the loop length the"fun" immediately starts...

Need to give all this a try in Auria now,it was always more reliable with sync stuff.

So,we are still not there it seems.Bummer.

edit:with micrologue it seem to help to create only one long note til the end of loop/song instead of repeating multiple parts containing the trigger note

• @Crabman said:
    ah,ok.I wouldn't miss it in this case.Mixing/EQing by ears is preferable and if i need more assist there is still the amazing TB Equalizer in my arsenal.

On that topic: is Steinberg considering including other plugin vendors for IAP? There's much better value out there than Waves these days IMHO especially with a couple of good newcomers. I'm personally not interested in Waves stuff.

• LFSLFS
    edited August 2019

@Crabman said:

Now i reopened the project and timing is all over the place,no matter what i try.Clear ram,reboot,WLAN etc off,no other apps running,locked the screen to 60hz...nothing helps.Even more disapponting that their own Minilogue arp also doesn't run tight.Only when i set a one bar loop lenght it runs tight but as soon as i enhance the loop length the"fun" immediately starts...

Hi Crabman,

What is included in the project, in terms of 3rd party AU instruments and or effect plug-ins?

There might be chances, that the number of AU plug-ins, or a specific plug-in crashes the party.
    Are you able to reproduce the issue with Cubasis on its own?

Best wishes,
    Lars

• Are there any plans to offer more waves plugins in the future?

• I was all excerpted to see a new version of cubasis was available. Please change title on thread brought back from the dead.

• @ecou said:
    I was all excerpted to see a new version of cubasis was available. Please change title on thread brought back from the dead.

+1... but would recommend to start a new topic...

• @LFS, it is interesting to me that folks don’t recognize that most performance issues with Cubasis have to do with third party applications. I find I simply cannot use the wonderful FMPlayer2 in CB, for example. Steinberg makes clear that 3rd parties can cause problems but usually folks don’t put that cause to the test first.
    If there is a new update in sight perhaps start a new thread and let people know what is in the works and hear what is currently on their minds. Best!

• edited August 2019

@LFS said:

@Crabman said:

Hi Crabman,

What is included in the project, in terms of 3rd party AU instruments and or effect plug-ins?

There might be chances, that the number of AU plug-ins, or a specific plug-in crashes the party.
    Are you able to reproduce the issue with Cubasis on its own?

Best wishes,
    Lars

Hey Lars,

i made a lot more tests now.I did throw everything out of the song and reloaded 3 Rozeta XoX instances and the Micrologue again,running it's own arp.

The Rozetas drive a Ruismaker FM,a Beathawk and one instance of Minisampler with a drumset.

Interesting: Ruismaker and Beathawk runs fine now while the Minisampler still is not tight, not usable for drumgrooves.It was the first instrument i loaded,made no difference.

The Micrologue Arp: it runs great in a 4 bar loop but when i set a longer loop and copy the 4 bar take
    with the trigger note it starts to lose timing/groove as soon as the second 4 bar take comes in place.
    It sound like the arp is playing a little ahead of the rest then.

Solution is to create takes with notes as long as the loop is but even then it's not as good as the Rozetas but"usable". Only the first 4 bars always run great (for) now.I make timing critical music so i'm a little picky about this ;)

I'm gonna test some more AU Sequencer now.I really hope it works this time ,this is exactly the stuff i don't want to deal with when making music.I have no time for this and was one big reason i skipped music on ios entirely for a while.

But i know it's not your team breaking things by intention,apple is to blame here for never deliver proper documention with standards all devs can use.

I tested in auria as well and 5 Rozeta XoX and a Ruismaker Noir running with no issues though.But i had to set the buffer down to at least 128.

Lateny in cubasis is set to"low",running ios 12.4 on a 10,5 ipad pro.

I have another issue: often i get short audio glitches and sync stutters a bit when open/close plugin windows.

Btw,it's not a Tera synth on this pic,it's the track with micrologue.Tera was just an old try but i even deleted the synth now.

• It's a semi-known fact by now that the midi-timing in Cubasis gets messed up and looses sync when using the loop feature of the app. It doesn't matter if it's Internal instruments or IAA's and AUv3's. If I recall correctly there's even a few threads about this in the Steinberg forums dating back a few years without being properly addressed and referred to 'it's on the todo list' for some unannounced future update...

And since there's no 'loop/repeat on' function for the midi events one has to do copy & paste if loop or repeat of an existing midi-event is needed...(And since there are no 'ghost events' if changes to the original need to be made the copy & paste procedure has to be repeated all over again). I mean the Cubase VST or something like that I had on my Mac from late 90s had 'Ghost Events' with optional transpose which was super handy).

Oh well, iPadOS/iOS13 is around the corner and I suspect well see at least one, if not two update to Cubasis before the end of this year...

• I remember the sync issues very well unfortunately but i was hoping it got better with AU and sample acurate timing etc.I mean,it IS better than IAA but it's still not were i want it to be.

Such a pity though,Cubasis has a beautiful interface and the best workflow for me on iOs...

• @Samu said:
    It's a semi-known fact by now that the midi-timing in Cubasis gets messed up and looses sync when using the loop feature of the app. It doesn't matter if it's Internal instruments or IAA's and AUv3's. If I recall correctly there's even a few threads about this in the Steinberg forums dating back a few years without being properly addressed and referred to 'it's on the todo list' for some unannounced future update...

And since there's no 'loop/repeat on' function for the midi events one has to do copy & paste if loop or repeat of an existing midi-event is needed...(And since there are no 'ghost events' if changes to the original need to be made the copy & paste procedure has to be repeated all over again). I mean the Cubase VST or something like that I had on my Mac from late 90s had 'Ghost Events' with optional transpose which was super handy).

Oh well, iPadOS/iOS13 is around the corner and I suspect well see at least one, if not two update to Cubasis before the end of this year...

GB has ghost events on Loops and changes made to the original loop reflect in ghost events.

• @MobileMusic said:

GB has ghost events on Loops and changes made to the original loop reflect in ghost events.

I know and I really love that feature and wish Cubasis had it too...
    As far as I know a similar request is already on the never ending to-do list for Cubasis :)