Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.3 Now Available with Waves IAP

Comments

• AU Automation and the registration bug fix good enough for me.

Might pick up some other stuff to support further quality iOS development.

Nice one all.

• @LFS said:
    CB-1969 Solves a rare issue, where Cubasis opens an empty project instead of last opened project.

I actually wish this was the default behaviour (or at least an option!). Loading to the last active project every time is a real hassle, especially when there's a bunch of instruments in it to load, or things that need to be launched and set up ahead of Cubasis (although admittedly that's becoming less and less of a problem with AU).

Ideally I'd love a File menu system like in Auria. So Cubasis starts to a blank screen, and I choose what I want to open and work on. Is that something that can be implemented?

Congrats on the update! Nice to see Cubasis still getting some love. Just updated to Cubase Pro 9.5 as well so I'm in a whole world of Cubase right now haha.

• Nice update with AU automation. Hope we get Files app access and Mixbus capability next :)

• @Zen210507 said:
    Good news. Well done Lars and the Larslette’s.

Actually it is the other way around...
    Cubasis is made by a small super skilled team, who often push the envelope to make the impossible happen.
    I'm super proud being a crew member...

Best,
    Lars

• Is it just me or is it buggy and crashy af with Zeeon and two AU-FX activated? I‘ve got two IAA-tracks also. Those are Audio, not midi..
    currently only at 2 bars and it’s freezing quite everytime I change something..

• @OhmAgar said:
    Is it just me or is it buggy and crashy af with Zeeon and two AU-FX activated? I‘ve got two IAA-tracks also. Those are Audio, not midi..

Might be the IAAs?

• @OhmAgar said:
    Is it just me or is it buggy and crashy af with Zeeon and two AU-FX activated? I‘ve got two IAA-tracks also. Those are Audio, not midi..

Hi OhmAgar,

If you experience problems, please come up with a proper bug report at our forum (http://steinberg.net/cubasisforum).

Will get back to you then and can check the issue within the team/external app developer.
    Please also make sure to inform the external app developer regarding the issue.

Thanks
    Lars

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@LFS said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @LFS
    Could I ask if the prices for the Waves plug-ins are normal or a release deal? A few days to pay day and want to know if this is just a super deal or how the prices are going to be? :)

Hi,

The Waves plug-ins come at their regular prices, much cheaper compared to its desktop derivates).

Wait, so $7.99 each or $19.99 for a bundle of 3 would be the average prices for these plugins? That’s cheap! What are you waiting for?! Get Waves to adapt more for the Cubasis platform! Doubler, MaxxBass AND MaxxVolume, PuigTec EQs, PuigChild Compressor, PAZ Analyser, DeEsser, OneKnob series, and so on.

Well, go and buy these first. That will encourage them to do more. :)

• No folder in Files app, and still no update for the 13-inch iPad Pro screen size. Jeez.

• AUV3 automation in Cubasis is a real treat! :)
    (This will obviously lead to more requests for 'Line' and 'Curve' tools for editing the automation data).

• I didn’t see the update; I had to manually refresh the update screen at the AppStore (U.S.) and now I’ve downloaded 2.3. The feature set looks great...congrats to Lars and the team. No complaints, but I would like to see busses...maybe one day, eh?

• Congrats on the update looks awesome, looking forward to trying out - Its been a big week with this and Gadget!

• some slight hiccups in the AU automation, i was automating audio damage dubstation, delay time and feedback,, and each time i wrote one parameter it wioed the other parameter, tried doing it in the normal automation lanes with the vertical slider and got the same.. bit frustrating... BUT then i did the same from the list of switchable automations that turn up in the channel strip ... it worked ok there.. can anyone confirm this , is it just audio damage plugs?

• This update is a great job.
    I got a question. For me, it would be nice to have a touch keyboard similar to GarageBand or Animoog. So that we can configure it to only contain the keys of a chosen scale. Pitch bending in the keyboard directly instead of a pitch wheel would also be great for mobile situations.
    Hope there are plans to include this in a future update.

• Yeah yeah whatever... fine update blah blah blah... good work...

It’s been 2 years since since November 2015, it’s been almost 6 months since June 2017...
    SUPPORT THE NEW IPAD SCREEN SIZES PLEASE!

I’m not buying the new IAP this time and sure... I will leave an honest review/ rating on the AppStore about how does it feel to use this app on my 12.9 iPad with this crappy resolution and wasted space. I can’t lie... it kinda sucks.

A lot of good stuff but it’s been 2 years. it’s not like these iPad were released a week ago...

• Congrats on an amazing update! Hopefully soon I’ll grt my iPad back to enjoy it. :)

• Great work. Please please add bus channels/ greater mixer flexibility. This is one really key area that needs development, in this otherwise excellent app. Is it planned at all?

• edited November 2017

@LFS thanks for the update and IAP but i am finding the update unstable on iPad Pro 10.5 running latest iOS version. I have 3 instances of Zeeon AU running and when i live edit Midi notes with playhead running, the time market stops running and i can no longer open the instrument panel to change instrument patches.

I have to force quit app and when i reopen all of my patch info is reset to INIT.

Anyone else experiencing this playback instability and weirdness while creating Midi notes while playhead is running?

I don’t know if it’s a specific patch but the one that seems to cause it constantly is Brice’s BB Sequence Me 3 in the latest update to Zeeon.

Please let us know what is wrong or if you need more info.

Thanks

• edited November 2017

@Hosh said:
    Great work. Please please add bus channels/ greater mixer flexibility. This is one really key area that needs development, in this otherwise excellent app. Is it planned at all?

+1 to Bus Channels. This is honestly the feature I’m waiting for the most. Mixing would be a breeze with it using stuff such as sub grouping.
    This also would keep me from using Auria. Auria has tempo syncing issues when using AU, something Cubasis doesn’t experience. All I’m missing is busses. My workflow is already smoother when using Cubasis compared to Auria

• @Lacm1993 said:
    Yeah yeah whatever... fine update blah blah blah... good work...

It’s been 2 years since since November 2015, it’s been almost 6 months since June 2017...
    SUPPORT THE NEW IPAD SCREEN SIZES PLEASE!

I’m not buying the new IAP this time and sure... I will leave an honest review/ rating on the AppStore about how does it feel to use this app on my 12.9 iPad with this crappy resolution and wasted space. I can’t lie... it kinda sucks.

A lot of good stuff but it’s been 2 years. it’s not like these iPad were released a week ago...

Seems their priority was different from yours B)

• edited November 2017

@lfs ‪In fact no AU patch info is saved with Zeeon in latest Cubasis update. Can you explain why this is? I thought it would save AU patch info?‬ this makes it unusable. :s

• As well as busses, an option to make the fader panel full screen would be great - so that we can mix with a little more precision.

• @LFS
    You want the video of how little I do in Cubasis and it still crashes and freezes? That’s honestly quite a bit.. disappointing.
    And I already postet in the forum..

• @echoopera said:
    @lfs ‪In fact no AU patch info is saved with Zeeon in latest Cubasis update. Can you explain why this is? I thought > it would save AU patch info?‬ this makes it unusable. :s

Hi echoopera,

Dropped BeepStreet a message to exchange regarding the issue.
    Did you inform them about the problem as well?

Thanks,
    Lars

• Automating AUs is a very welcome addition. Presets - two thumbs up! And I can see how the Waves plugs would be useful to a lot of folks. Congrats. Folders in the browser would be equally welcome. ;)

• @OhmAgar said:
    @LFS
    You want the video of how little I do in Cubasis and it still crashes and freezes? That’s honestly quite a bit.. disappointing.

Hi OhmAgar,

Had a look at the Cubasis forum but could not find your report.

Are your issues in related to Zeeon (similar to echoopera's post)?
    Dropped BeepsStreet a message to exchange about the topic.

Please make sure to come up with a proper bug report in our forum (www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum).
    Feel free to add the download link (e.g. dropbox or similar) that visualises the issue, via private message in the Steinberg forum.

Once we know the steps/environment we can give it a repro. Without it, we don't know where the problem could be related to...

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@echoopera said:
    @lfs ‪In fact no AU patch info is saved with Zeeon in latest Cubasis update. Can you explain why this is? I thought > it would save AU patch info?‬ this makes it unusable. :s

Hi echoopera,

Dropped BeepStreet a message to exchange regarding the issue.
    Did you inform them about the problem as well?

Thanks,
    Lars

Thanks. I CC’d him on Twitter. Not sure how else to contact him. Will look on his website.

• @LFS said:

@OhmAgar said:
    @LFS

Hi OhmAgar,

Had a look at the Cubasis forum but could not find your report.

Are your issues in related to Zeeon (similar to echoopera's post)?
    Dropped BeepsStreet a message to exchange about the topic.

Please make sure to come up with a proper bug report in our forum (www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum).
    Feel free to add the download link (e.g. dropbox or similar) that visualises the issue, via private message in the Steinberg forum.

Once we know the steps/environment we can give it a repro. Without it, we don't know where the problem could be related to...

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,
    Lars

I honestly don’t know what the problem is. Maybe that’s why my post didn’t get accepted? Because I literally can’t give it a precise statement. It crashes whenever it wants to. And this is with about 40% CPU MAX! (Which in itself is kind of ridiculous with one active synth and 2 AU Effects without any automation..) + 2 recorded IAA-Tracks
    So, should I post a second time?

Greetz,
    Ohm

• @OhmAgar said:
    I honestly don’t know what the problem is. Maybe that’s why my post didn’t get accepted? Because I literally can’t give it a precise statement. It crashes whenever it wants to. And this is with about 40% CPU MAX! (Which in itself is kind of ridiculous with one active synth and 2 AU Effects without any automation..) + 2 recorded IAA-Tracks
    So, should I post a second time?

Hi Ohm,

Looks there are compatibility issues between both applications that lead to the problem.

Please do the following:
    1 - Create an empty Cubasis project
    2 - Turn off the iPad followed by a restart
    3 - Launch Cubasis
    4 - From here, capture all steps until the problem appears

Upload the video via Dropbox or similar and let me have the download link via private message.
    Afterwards I'm able to discuss the issue with our engineering, and possibly exchange with BeepStreet.

Thanks,
    Lars

• @ecamburn said:
    Automating AUs is a very welcome addition. Presets - two thumbs up! And I can see how the Waves plugs would be useful to a lot of folks. Congrats. Folders in the browser would be equally welcome. ;)

Thanks for the thumbs up.
    Folder support is on our list!

Best,
    Lars