Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.3 Now Available with Waves IAP

Comments

• @Graison said:
    Still looking for garageband style looping.

How do you mean?

• @syrupcore said:

@Graison said:

How do you mean?

I think what people mean with this is enable 'loop' for a midi-section.
    (Ie. create a 4 bar 'pattern' in Cubasis and enable 'loop' and it will play until another pattern on the time-line interrupts the looping). This is super handy feature in GarageBand and Logic Pro X.

• @Samu said:
    I think one of the reasons Files.app support was not included in the 2.3 release is to keep compatibility with older iOS versions? I mean some features already require iOS10+

Cubasis still supports 32-bit devices which can't even run iOS11 which in turn is required for Files.app...

Even with Files.app support the file-management Cubasis does internally in it's 'Documents' folder would need an overhaul to support folders and that would take some 'work' to get working properly.
    (I mean Files.app would allow us to dig into the Cubasis project 'folders' and dig out individual files, this in turn would require Cubasis to do some kind of 'integrity check' on the project folders in case some files would have been renamed or moved etc. yadayada.).

I do think that in due time @LFS Lars and the Cubasis team will bring us proper Files.app support.

My personal wish list for next Cubasis version is 'Adaptive Grid' & 'Sampler Track'.
    But I feel that the 'Link Mob' will yell higher and get their wish granted first...

But Auria Pro has Files support and it still supports IOS7 or later. Of course you still need IOS11 to use files but it seems like it could be done in Cubasis. Same thing with Beatmaker3, I have it on my Ipad2 and my Air 2, just some features arent available on the Ipad2, but we can still supports the Files app

• @Strizbiz said:

But Auria Pro has Files support and it still supports IOS7 or later. Of course you still need IOS11 to use files but it seems like it could be done in Cubasis. Same thing with Beatmaker3, I have it on my Ipad2 and my Air 2, just some features arent available on the Ipad2, but we can still supports the Files app

True, it just creates a mess for the developer(s) to support multiple targets...

• @Hosh said:
    Great work. Please please add bus channels/ greater mixer flexibility. This is one really key area that needs development, in this otherwise excellent app. Is it planned at all?

@richardyot said:
    As well as busses, an option to make the fader panel full screen would be great - so that we can mix with a little more precision.

I just posted on the Steinberg Cubasis forum about possible refinements to the mixing workflow. For me personally, it would be about starting the mix in Cubasis and then transferring to Cubase Pro as smoothly as possible.

Very basic stuff: what I am hoping for is a pre gain knob and integration of the eq with the channel strip so it would be 1:1 with the desktop channel strip in Cubase. Metering! Sub group channels! Folder tracks! Full screen mixer view!

Also, with the Waves IAPs, I was wondering if the settings will transfer to the desktop on import if you have the corresponding desktop plugins. Otherwise, the Audiotrack channel strip in this case doesn't improve the workflow at all, even though it has e.g. input gain trim.

The ultimate would of course be to have cross platform auv3 plugins transfer to the desktop Cubase project as well (provided you have the desktop versions).

All of these refinements I think would benefit users that aim to finish the mix within Cubasis as well. I am happy about the momentum that Cubasis has at the moment, and trust that many of these features will come in due time! Cheers and keep it up @LFS !

• @Samu said:

@syrupcore said:

@Graison said:

How do you mean?

(Ie. create a 4 bar 'pattern' in Cubasis and enable 'loop' and it will play until another pattern on the time-line interrupts the looping). This is super handy feature in GarageBand and Logic Pro X.

Gotcha, thanks. Yes, that's super handy stuff indeed. I used it all the time in Logic. Nanostudio does something similar (though you have to manually drag it out)

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

Waves L1 possibly started the loudness wars …

No, that was Phil Spector, but that’s okay, they sent him to prison for it.

• @syrupcore said:

@Samu said:

@syrupcore said:

@Graison said:

How do you mean?

Gotcha, thanks. Yes, that's super handy stuff indeed. I used it all the time in Logic. Nanostudio does something similar (though you have to manually drag it out)

Yeah, I was asking about here
    https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=119566&p=649186#p649186

• I was also looking for a per track undo/redo.
    And ui scaling for iPad Pros.

• Congrats Mister Lars and thanks for the video link also, appreciated.

• Nice update, thanks Cubasis Team.

+1 for proper 12.9” support
    +1 for looping (or ghost part) support

• @NoiseHorse said:
    I’m curious if Doug @soundtestroom is a Waves user, if so his vid should be like a trip through Disneyland on steroids.

@NoiseHorse No I don’t use Waves nor will I ever use their desktop stuff...ever... their ridiculous SHELL system seriously messed up my desktop, anyway they are amazing plugins, and the fact that they are available here for us in iOS is brilliant, I think that I will be starting my Cubasis 2.3 expedition tomorrow.

Don’t get me wrong here, their Plugins are among the best in the world, their Shell system is not.

• Also, with the Waves IAPs, I was wondering if the settings will transfer to the desktop on import if you have the corresponding desktop plugins. Otherwise, the Audiotrack channel strip in this case doesn't improve the workflow at all, even though it has e.g. input gain trim.

Can anyone who has the desktop version of any of the Waves plugins and is using Cubase on desktop confirm that the plugin settings are transferred over to desktop with the project importer? Cheers!

• Nice update,thanks.Preset system for fx was very high on my list for a long time.
    But still not possible to switch quantization off?

Waves plugs are also nice but the big question is: how many of them can i run on an Air 2?Especially the EQ...i can run a ton of Pro Q2 in Auria,hope the waves is compareble in this regard.And if the channelstrip is only usable for 2-3 tracks i wouldn't need it.

• A day after most other folk, this update appears as available to me.

I wondered if Apple were somehow staggering roll outs, so everyone was not trying to grab stuff at the same time? But if so, how do they calculate who gets to wait, ‘cause it doesn’t seem to be alphabetical or regional.

• Hopefully in the next update (and I’d happily pay for them!) :-)
    Groove agent se
    Sampler track or much improved sampler.
    Arpegiater.
    Busses.

2.3 is another good solid update! Thanks to all the team for the continued development and support!

• @u0421793 said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Waves L1 possibly started the loudness wars …

No, that was Phil Spector, but that’s okay, they sent him to prison for it.

>

An extraordinary producer, for sure. Strange individual. But after watching a documentary on his case, I can’t see how he was convicted. No powder residue on the clothes he was wearing means he could not have fired the gun.

• Yeah really need groove agent. Keeps me out of producing in Cubasis at the moment.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    I think that I will be starting my Cubasis 2.3 expedition tomorrow.

Good-oh. :)

• Good morning all,

Thanks for all your feedback about Cubasis 2.3 and the Waves Plug-in IAP, greatly appreciated by the full team!

To prevent you from running into issues, we've released an article regarding the limitations of Audio Unit automation, and also updated the known issues section. Please follow the links below for more info.

Limitations of Audio Unit automation
    https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=127027

Cubasis Known Issues
    https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/de/articles/206220404-Cubasis-for-iOS-Known-Issues

Hope that helps...

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:
    Good morning all,

Thanks for all your feedback about Cubasis 2.3 and the Waves Plug-in IAP, greatly appreciated by the full team!

To prevent you from running into issues, we've released an article regarding the limitations of Audio Unit automation, and also updated the known issues section. Please follow the links below for more info.

Cubasis Known Issues
    https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/de/articles/206220404-Cubasis-for-iOS-Known-Issues

Hope that helps...

Best,
    Lars

Very useful Thank You :)

• @LFS said:
    Good morning all,

Cubasis Known Issues

Hope that helps...

Best,
    Lars

This is how Customer Support should be done :)
    Thanks @LFS and the team

• Congratulations on yet another excellent update

I'll join the chorus of people asking for Files support :smile:

• LFSLFS
    edited November 2017

Have to share this little road movie, showing Andy cruising around in Australia making music with Cubasis...
    The basic briefing we gave Andrew was "take what we have, make something with it, no matter where you are..."

Hope you like it as we do...

Have a good night,
    Lars

• Bet that Andy wants Files :) Going to ask the same question I already did elsewhere: Time-stretching in Cubasis? If so can anyone point me in the general direction?

Ta.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Bet that Andy wants Files :) Going to ask the same question I already did elsewhere: Time-stretching in Cubasis? If so can anyone point me in the general direction?

Ta.

Files.app yes and histogram in the EQ's :)

As for 'stretch', select an audio-event and then tap on the icon next to the 'grid' (with the text 'stretch' under it).
    When it's enabled you can drag the ends of your audio-clip to stretch it.

If you know the BPM of your audio-clip double-tap the audio-clip and check that it's tempo is correct, if it is you can use the 'auto' feature in the stretch dialogue to match it to your projects tempo.

• LFSLFS
    edited November 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Bet that Andy wants Files :) Going to ask the same question I already did elsewhere: Time-stretching in Cubasis? If so can anyone point me in the general direction?

Ta.

In there since Cubasis 2.0 (same for pitch-shift with formant correction).
    Here is a tutorial (have a look at 1:30) explaining how to use it:

• @Samu @LFS Thanks much to Big Sam and Big Lars :)

• @LFS The update is tremendous!!!! Loving the automation and Waves plugs. Any chance of getting a tuplet grid?
    Thanks!

• I started creating music this year so basically I know very little about music production. I bought cubasis and loved it and yesterday I bought the wave plugins and suddenly now my mix sound great. I don't know what to tweek I just use the wave plugin presets and what a difference it makes. Thanks.