Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.3 Now Available with Waves IAP

Comments

• @hisdudeness said:
    For how long is the sale????????????

It's in the OP... December 5th

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    @LFS
    Could I ask if the prices for the Waves plug-ins are normal or a release deal? A few days to pay day and want to know if this is just a super deal or how the prices are going to be? :)

Hi,

The Waves plug-ins come at their regular prices, much cheaper compared to its desktop derivates).
    The available Waves Plug-in bundle allows to save even more.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• From lfs,

Please note that you're able to grab Cubasis at 50% off, and save big time on other in-app purchases until Dec 5, 2017!

• @hisdudeness said:

As stated in the announcement:
    Please note that you're able to grab Cubasis at 50% off, and save big time on other in-app purchases until Dec 5, 2017!

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @LFS
    Could I ask if the prices for the Waves plug-ins are normal or a release deal? A few days to pay day and want to know if this is just a super deal or how the prices are going to be? :)

Hi,

The Waves plug-ins come at their regular prices, much cheaper compared to its desktop derivates).

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

Yes, I have to say, that’s a bloody good deal!

Have updated my review :)

• @hisdudeness said:

Right there in the 1st post:

• @brambos said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@brambos said:
    AU Automation! Oh yeah! B)

Like you didn’t know that was coming;) as a guest star in the video .....

:D

Hehe, so AUv3 Midi Plug-Ins will be next?

Just downloaded the update and got the waves bundle and left some 'stars' on the AppStore.
    (Now I'm off to play with the update and see what I can find).

@LFS I know I've 'nagged' about the lack of triplet-grids for a while so forget that and see if there's a way to bring over the 'adaptive grid' from Cubase 9.5 (I'm so used it in GarageBand & Logic Pro X already).

Live 'histogram' for the 'EQ's' would be of great assistance as well (Also something already present in the GarageBand EQ) and a simpler way to create 'sampler instruments' will always be appreciated (Think Cubase 'Sampler Track' or 'Ableton Simpler') as will Files.app integration so we can easily make backups of our projects and other cubasis-content to a network-drive by a simple drag-n-drop without messing with the computer.

Thanks for a nice Cubasis update and thanks to Bram for making some pretty awesome AUv3's!

• Nice update, maybe the Chanel strip and eq could have the option of using the waves versions if installed...

Can I just say that I like the fact that everything is bigger on my iPad Pro and quite happy it’s not optimized to be shrunk to fit more in .....

• edited November 2017

@Zen210507 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Gettin the update now. The Waves plugin bundle is $19.99, with each plugin separately costing $7.99. Cheap as hell if you compare those prices to the PC/Mac prices (and to Fabfilter IAP prices in Auria Pro).

When you’ve had time to compare the two, FF vrs Wave Filters, do let us know your findings.

Rather, when I’ve got the money. After Wednesday’s gig should be when. Patience mate. Like I said, Gadget ate last week’s spendy cash. ;)

@LFS Make the “more slots and reordering them” happen soon mate. I’ve been waiting at least a solid 2-3 years for that (since before iPad AUs were even a thing). :) Cheers, and great work.

• edited November 2017

@LFS said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @LFS

Hi,

Wait, so $7.99 each or $19.99 for a bundle of 3 would be the average prices for these plugins? That’s cheap! What are you waiting for?! Get Waves to adapt more for the Cubasis platform! Doubler, MaxxBass AND MaxxVolume, PuigTec EQs, PuigChild Compressor, PAZ Analyser, DeEsser, OneKnob series, and so on.

• PuigChild Compressor, OneKnob series, and so on.
    >

Loving those names. :)

PuigChild Compressor sounds like something the police would need to investigate.

As for OneKnob, surely this is illegal since Weinstein was put under the spotlight.

• edited November 2017

@LFS said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Damn it! Still only 3 FX slots available since Cubasis still mandates the Channel Strip and Studio EQ we don’t want be stuck in the chain of each track. Still no ability to reorder them either. @LFS mate, is there any reason why Cubasis can’t have all 5 FX slots freely available and any reason why we can’t switch the order of effects outside of the mandated channel strip and studio EQ? I mean, with Waves having a better channel strip in the form of AudioTrack and a far better EQ with Q10, you’d think we’d finally be able to have all five FX slots readily available at a moment’s notice. Can you PLEASE make Studio EQ and Channel Strip finally go away?

Hi jwmmakerofmusic,

Thanks for your feedback.

No way in making the Studio EQ and Channel Strip go away... ;)
    Extending the available number of FX slots is on the list though...

Best,
    Lars

It would make sense to be able to select the Waves Channel strip and EQ to replace the native ones, via a setting perhaps ?

EDIT: Just saw this .... :) Great minds and all that

@BiancaNeve said:
    Nice update, maybe the Chanel strip and eq could have the option of using the waves versions if installed...

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    @LFS Make the “more slots and reordering them” happen soon mate. I’ve been waiting at least a solid 2-3 years for that (since before iPad AUs were even a thing). :)

>

Yeah, me too.

Cubasis and Auria Pro both have a lot to offer, and I understand that there is only so much that can be done each iteration. But both apps would benefit a lot from adding reordering of FX slots, and more of them.

Not that I’m holding my breath. In the case of AP, it’s about three years since the FF default naming issue was brought to attention at WaveLabs, and it’s still not fixed. WaveLabs say it is an FF issue, FF say the reverse. Result; a major reason why people buy Auria is left with an irritating fault.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Nice update, maybe the Chanel strip and eq could have the option of using the waves versions if installed...

Can I just say that I like the fact that everything is bigger on my iPad Pro and quite happy it’s not optimized to be shrunk to fit more in .....

I'm on a Pro 12.9. I would have appreciated if there at least was an optional toggle for iPad Pro 12.9 optimized layout. Like in Auria.

Having said that, this update looks great.

• Great update. I am still hoping for channel groups in Cubasis one day soon, but for today we will focus on the positives!

• Great update - nice to see the arms race continue :)

• @LFS
    Another great update....on top of the new features there are plenty of fixes...I also just noticed the change in the help screen, with access to the Cubasis forums, tutorials etc....when did that change LOL..perhaps an option there for providing a store rating and/or review would be a good idea ?

• edited November 2017

@MAtrixplan said:

Wave stuff is $7.99 each or the bundle for $19.99.

Somebody knows if it is sale price or regular?

I also wanna know!

Oops. I see.

• edited November 2017

@marcuspresident said:

@MAtrixplan said:

Wave stuff is $7.99 each or the bundle for $19.99.

Somebody knows if it is sale price or regular?

I also wanna know!

The following would suggest they are at full price

@LFS
    Hi,
    Hope that helps!
    Best,
    Lars

Regular price for the PC versions is $327, currently also on sale for $127....I think $19.99 sounds reasonable in comparison :D

• Now I just wait for STR Doug to get me through this!!

• Hi all,

Happy to see our friend John Walden has released the first Cubasis 2.3 review on his MusicAppBlog, not long after the release...

http://musicappblog.com/cubasis-update-12/

Thanks John, greatly appreciated! It seems you're the fastest on the planet!

Best,
    Lars

• edited November 2017

Very nice update and I’m super happy I went with Cubasis. Im not sure about these waves plugins though. The EQ will definitely come in handy.. but all in all... these are very old plugins with nice new gui’s and l’m finding the stock Cubasis plugins pretty damn good already. I’ve never been a fan of waves. Even if I liked some of their plugins, their licencing and marketing has always turned me off. At least it’s an easy IAP

Overall though. Awesome update. 5 starred on iTunes. Looking forward to the future.

• Congrats @LFS! Looking forward to the AU automaton and Waves IAP’s !

• i have given up on the idea of properly editing and arranging stuff on iOS. Even though I no longer use it, I think steinberg have been very generous with cubasis updates over the years!

Waves L1 possibly started the loudness wars, which thankfully seem to be winding down lately. MaxxBass, that flashy new Brauer motion thing and a de-esser/transient shaper are things that don't really exist in iOS land already and would have my interest if available. Wouldn't mind seeing waves enigma added for nostalgic reasons!

• From Cubase 2 users with iPad mini 2's/iOS 10, we salute you!

• @Kandavu said:
    From Cubase 2 users with iPad mini 2's/iOS 10, we salute you!

Hi Kandavu,

We do our best in supporting as many as possible iPad generations with Cubasis.
    However we're not able to circuit given technical limitations.
    That's why we clearly state this in the app description and on our website.

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:
    Dear all,

We are very happy to announce the immediate availability of Cubasis 2.3 and Waves Plug-in IAP!
    Below please find all details regarding our latest Cubasis update, version 2.3 and the great new Waves plug-in in-app purchase additions.

Our great small team has worked hard in recent weeks and months to provide you with a satisfying update, packed with many user-requested features and improvements.

Additionally we are excited and proud regarding the great cooperation with our good friends from Waves, enabling us to provide you with a very fine selection of pro-grade plug-ins.

Here comes a personal request:
    Please allow me to close, by asking for your support in rating Cubasis in the App Store (since current ratings are always lost with every update release). Be assured it won't take much of your time and is of very great help for us!

Many thanks for your great support in advance!

Now, enjoy the latest Cubasis 2.3 update and the great new Waves plug-ins IAP!

Best wishes,
    Lars

Good news. Is MPE with Lightpad Blocks working again? I am still waiting for further feedback with this issue.
    https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=124400

• Still no folders for file mangement?

• Great update!
    For me the input/output trim of the waves audiotrack is the main benefit over the stock channel strip. I'm mainly interested in workflow improvements between Cubasis and desktop Cubase pro, which I use for final mixing of my tracks. The project import function is great.
    @LFS I wonder, if I purchase the waves audiotrack plugin for desktop, will the settings transfer directly when importing the project into desktop cubase pro?
    I must say I was really looking forward to improvements in file management and folder tracks and subgroup channels, but I'm confident they are coming. Thanks again for the continued development of the app!

• Hi all,

Please note that the Cubasis website has now been updated as well, including coverage of the new features and Waves In-App purchases:

New in Cubasis 2.3
    https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/mobile_apps/cubasis/new_in_cubasis_2.html

Waves Plug-in In-App purchases
    https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/mobile_apps/cubasis/in_app_purchases.html

Best,
    Lars