Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.3 Now Available with Waves IAP

Comments

• @LFS said:

@chisel316 said:
    @LFS When I was using my iPad alone for producing music, I had no problems with Cubasis. It wasn't until I started using it for live performance with external gear that I started seeing its shortcomings in this environment. My biggest issue and reason why I stopped using it is that I can't control the mixer or anything for that matter with my MIDI controller. I got so used to having complete control in AUM that I refuse to use any app that doesn't offer this control. Auria Pro has Mackie HUI support that allows me to use my BCF 2000 with full mechanized fader support and as mentioned earlier AUM has complete mapping of all parameters. I've seen replies from Steinberg in the past that says this support will never be added because you believe that everyone should be using the touch screen. I think this is a shame. Cubasis would make for a great live mixer if it only had this support. Thanks for your time reading this post.

Peace \/
    chisel316

Hi chisel316,

Sounds to me this statement was made in the early v1.0 days, around 2012?

Controller support is on our list, but I‘m not able to give you a date when it will be in.

Best,
    Lars

@LFS Fantastic! Thanks for the reply. I'll be looking forward to using my Novation Launch Control XL with Cubasis in the future.

Peace \/
    chisel316

• @LFS said:

@waynerowand said:

@Samu said:

@waynerowand said:

@waynerowand said:
    @LFS Any word on tuplets in the grid?

Ahem?

+1 for that, more grid-options (at least matching all the quantise options) has been requested for a while...
    An 'adaptive grid' similar to the one in GarageBand would be super. (ie. when moving note-evetns they can optionally 'smart snap' so it's easy to move the notes and create triplet-fills etc.).

It’s very frustrating. For as good as Cubasis is, I can’t write 2 against 3 or anything in a compound time signature.

Sorry for my late reply.
    Grid-options are on our list, but will require a bigger change to happen at a later date. I'm aware you will not be happy about this answer, but it will take some more time...

Best,
    Lars

@LFS Thanks for the reply. I completely understand. There are work-arounds, but they completely kill workflow. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

• Waves All-over, now I don’t know if it has been asked before but are the presets exchangeable?

• @Jurri said:
    Waves All-over, now I don’t know if it has been asked before but are the presets exchangeable?

Hi Jurri,

The Cubasis Importer allows to import Cubasis projects with supported Cubase versions.

We plan to have the Cubasis Importer 2.3 available soon, which will take care of loading Waves desktop derivates with their settings of the previous Cubasis project.

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@Jurri said:
    Waves All-over, now I don’t know if it has been asked before but are the presets exchangeable?

Hi Jurri,

The Cubasis Importer allows to import Cubasis projects with supported Cubase versions.

We plan to have the Cubasis Importer 2.3 available soon, which will take care of loading Waves desktop derivates with their settings of the previous Cubasis project.

Best,
    Lars

@LFS thanks, i will have to wait then because my main DAW is (still) Ableton. i do have Cubase AI8 and i can get a reasonable upgrade price to cubase 9.5 through my Steinberg account which i will do at some point......cheers

• Hi all,

Some of you reported issues when using Cubasis 2.3 with Zeeon.
    Please read here: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/22753/cubasis-2-3-zeeon-synth#latest

Best,
    Lars

• Apologies if this has been covered already—I haven't read through all seven pages of this thread—but I'm seeing something interesting on the IAP page. If I click on the Waves Plug-In Bundle, I see it's available for $19.99:

However, if I click on the header for Waves plugins, I see this:

Granted, the first plugin in the list—in fact, all plugins in the list save for the bundle—is $7.99. I'm wondering what would happen if I made the purchase with the header selected rather than the bundle. Would I get all three plugins for $7.99? Would I get just the first (non-bundled) plugin in the list at the $7.99 price? Has anyone tried this?

For the record, this is not specific to the Waves plugin header. The same is true of the Classic Machines (i.e., clicking on the Classic Machines header shows $3.99).

• @kgmessier said:
    I'm wondering what would happen if I made the purchase with the header selected rather than the bundle. Would I get all three plugins for $7.99? Would I get just the first (non-bundled) plugin in the list at the $7.99 price? Has anyone tried this?

Try clicking it, and you’ll get your answer :)

• LFSLFS
    edited November 2017

@kgmessier said:
    Apologies if this has been covered already—I haven't read through all seven pages of this thread—but I'm seeing something interesting on the IAP page. If I click on the Waves Plug-In Bundle, I see it's available for $19.99:

Granted, the first plugin in the list—in fact, all plugins in the list save for the bundle—is $7.99. I'm wondering what would happen if I made the purchase with the header selected rather than the bundle. Would I get all three plugins for $7.99? Would I get just the first (non-bundled) plugin in the list at the $7.99 price? Has anyone tried this?

For the record, this is not specific to the Waves plugin header. The same is true of the Classic Machines (i.e., clicking on the Classic Machines header shows $3.99).

Hi,

No matter where you tap in the Cubasis' in-app shop, this will be the final resulting prices:

Classic Machines IAP = $3.99 until Dec 5, 2017 (reg. $6.99)*
    Waves L1, Q10 and AudioTrack IAP = $7.99 each
    Waves Plug-ins bundle (L1, Q10, AudioTrack) = $19.99

* Classic Machines is one instrument that houses all kits shown in the in-app shop!

Best,
    Lars

• @fattigman said:
    @Zen210507 ok now would be a good timing to buy auria pro. Everybody is praising fab filters so I might give it try. Thank you for all info

Yes fab filters are awesome...but as as a daw ...for sheer ease of use cubaisis is wayyyyy better...with Auria Pro every now and then... I have to reach for the manual...

• @hisdudeness said:
    Yes fab filters are awesome...but as as a daw ...for sheer ease of use cubaisis is wayyyyy better...with Auria Pro every now and then... I have to reach for the manual...

Indeed. Cubasis wins for ease of use, every time. It’s also a lot less prone to crash than Auria, and I personally find Mr Lars the more helpful developer.

But Auria has us by the fluffy dice, when it comes to Fab Filters and audio editing in-app.

• @LFS

I love the update but could I make a request?

The buttons on the side, move, extend, velocity etc, could the be toggled on or off? Maybe as a preference setting? I'm using one hand to hold the iPad and another to enter notes in the pianoroll and the hold buttons just don't work out for me that way.

• @Zen210507 said:

@hisdudeness said:

Indeed. Cubasis wins for ease of use, every time. It’s also a lot less prone to crash than Auria, and I personally find > Mr Lars the more helpful developer.

Thanks! Please note that I'm managing the project only, thankfully surrounded by a very small but super skilled team. Engineering is not done by me...

Best,
    Lars

• edited November 2017

@LucidMusicInc said:
    @LFS

The buttons on the side, move, extend, velocity etc, could the be toggled on or off? Maybe as a preference setting? I'm using one hand to hold the iPad and another to enter notes in the pianoroll and the hold buttons just don't work out for me that way.

+1 one for this! It also made me think about those who might not even have two hands and still would love to use Cubasis!

So here's a thought / idea of making the Cubasis midi-editor more accessible using just one finger!

1. First select a tool 'Velocity, Transpose, Move' etc.
    2. Tap 'Select' to make the selection.
    3. After that selection is made the tool would revert to the tool that was selected in the first step.
    4. Swipe the selection to apply the 'change' to the selection.

If more notes/events need to be selected/unselected just tap the 'Select' to add or remove them.

This could also be applied to single notes. ie. when the 'tool' is selected it would directly affect a note.

With Velocity selected just swipe Up/Down on the note to change it's velocity.
    With Duration just swipe Left/Right on the note to extend/shorten it.
    With the move tool but tap and drag the note or swipe Left/Right/Up/Down to move it.

This would enable 'one finger usage' of all the features available in the Piano-Editor and might even make it easier to use in the long run.

• @LFS said:
    Thanks! Please note that I'm managing the project only, thankfully surrounded by a very small but super skilled team. Engineering is not done by me...

Your team do a great job. Never ending, of course, because customers always want something else. Not that it is ever a bad thing to have enthusiastic customers!

One very good thing that you do personally, Mr Lars, when a new version drops, is be around here to answer questions as far as you are able, etc. Like Brambos, you do not ever come across as aloof.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    @LFS

A large pile of +1s.

• @waynerowand @samu
    Hi I was reading your earlier comments on Cubasis grid and tuplets, and I was wondering if you guys have tried using the note repeat switch on the Cubasis KB. It has a triplet option, and the triplets can be between 1/2 note and 1/64 note triplets. It lays the notes out in the piano roll in the right timing, but you should probably use the time lock switch if you move the notes around in Y axis later. It is a little bit of a pain, and a proper way to adjust the grid would be ideal, but it is possible with the note repeat to get into triplet feel.

You guys are too smart and have probably already tried this, but maybe someone else might like this info so I shared it anyway. :)

• @CracklePot said:
    @waynerowand @samu
    Hi I was reading your earlier comments on Cubasis grid and tuplets, and I was wondering if you guys have tried using the note repeat switch on the Cubasis KB. It has a triplet option, and the triplets can be between 1/2 note and 1/64 note triplets. It lays the notes out in the piano roll in the right timing, but you should probably use the time lock switch if you move the notes around in Y axis later. It is a little bit of a pain, and a proper way to adjust the grid would be ideal, but it is possible with the note repeat to get into triplet feel.

You guys are too smart and have probably already tried this, but maybe someone else might like this info so I shared it anyway. :)

Yeah I never thought of it lol :)

• edited November 2017

@CracklePot said:

Yeah, but it's a pain to move the notes.
    And if you try to 'program' more advanced beats more grid and time signatures options will come in handy...

Although I 'give up' trying to notate these drums :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@CracklePot said:
    @waynerowand @samu

I hadn’t thought of it either! I had to run and look. Lol. Good find!!! I’m with @Samu though....moving those notes....ughhh.

• @samu That video was awesome. I love how much fun he is having, and the last couple of minutes are "pretty" jaw-dropping. B)

• Even though GarageBand is quite 'limited' when it comes to note-editing it really does nails the grid issues with it's 'Smart Snap'. Super easy to just zoom the gird so it has enough resolution and note notes snap...

• @waynerowand said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@CracklePot said:
    @waynerowand @samu

I hadn’t thought of it either! I had to run and look. Lol. Good find!!! I’m with @Samu though....moving those notes....ughhh.

Yeah, I tried to warn you. :) I have to use the time lock (Y axis) if I am moving stuff around or it gets screwed up. For X axis I just try to lay down a measure of triplets and then delete and maybe lengthen individual notes if I want to get the right rhythms (something other than a whole measure of triplets). Still waiting for the real Grid adjustments to happen in an update. This way that I am doing it now feels awkward, to put it mildly.

• Cubasis Project Importer 2.3 Pre-release available

Dear all,

The Cubasis Project Importer 2.3 pre-release version is available for download at: http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
    The 2.3 update grants compatibility with Waves Plug-Ins IAP and will load available Waves desktop plug-ins when importing Cubasis 2.3 or later projects.

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@kgmessier said:
    Apologies if this has been covered already—I haven't read through all seven pages of this thread—but I'm seeing something interesting on the IAP page. If I click on the Waves Plug-In Bundle, I see it's available for $19.99:

Hi,

No matter where you tap in the Cubasis' in-app shop, this will be the final resulting prices:

* Classic Machines is one instrument that houses all kits shown in the in-app shop!

The question was, what happens if you buy from the price shown when you select the folder.

What do you buy exactly?

And yes, this is very misleading, as a customer may not notice this, but assume to buy the bundle for 8 Euro! And may even be a legal problem, as the price is clearly written for the bundle!

So, what happens when you buy this?
    And can you please fix this bug?

• I am happy to see that I can run at least 4 instances of Zeeon within Cubasis now - no crashes so far, but did not test with 5 or more. iOS 10.3.3 on iPad Pro 9.7 1st gen.

• @LFS Interested in feedback?

Got my first hang:

I tried to delete one of the above Zeeon MIDI tracks and then Cubasis totally froze!

Then I killed Cubasis and started it again.

The new project I created for the Zeeon test was completely empty!
    No tracks, no MIDI.

:-(

• @LFS said:
    Cubasis Project Importer 2.3 Pre-release available

Dear all,

The Cubasis Project Importer 2.3 pre-release version is available for download at: http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
    The 2.3 update grants compatibility with Waves Plug-Ins IAP and will load available Waves desktop plug-ins when importing Cubasis 2.3 or later projects.

Best wishes,
    Lars

Fantastic! I imported a Cubasis project with some audiotracks and L1 and it works flawlessly. Thanks! (waiting for next year's black friday sale to get all the desktop waves plugins that will have been released as Cubasis IAP in the meantime... :p )

• LFSLFS
    edited November 2017

@tja said:
    @LFS Interested in feedback?

Got my first hang:

I tried to delete one of the above Zeeon MIDI tracks and then Cubasis totally froze!

Then I killed Cubasis and started it again.

The new project I created for the Zeeon test was completely empty!
    No tracks, no MIDI.

:-(

Thanks for your message, tja!

Please read here:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/22753/cubasis-2-3-zeeon-synth#latest

In addition, Jarek from BeepStreet just announced the availability of the latest Zeeon update (v1.4) which includes the appropriate fixes!

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• @tja said:

@LFS said:

@kgmessier said:

Hi,

The question was, what happens if you buy from the price shown when you select the folder.

What do you buy exactly?

And yes, this is very misleading, as a customer may not notice this, but assume to buy the bundle for 8 Euro! And may even be a legal problem, as the price is clearly written for the bundle!

So, what happens when you buy this?
    And can you please fix this bug?

Hi tja,

The "Waves" in-app shop parent folder houses both the individual Waves plug-ins, as well as the Waves Plug-In Bundle (accessible via the similar named product items in the list on the left).

To avoid confusion, we'll correct the Waves parent folder handling with the next update.

Best,
    Lars