Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.3 Now Available with Waves IAP

Comments

• I actually really like the Waves Audiotrack plugin. It's clean and efficient. I maybe even prefer it to the desktop Cubase channel strip, and according to the Steinberg forum, they are currently investigating how to transfer the Waves plugin settings from Cubasis to desktop Cubase when using the project importer. Really looking forward to that!

I'd purchase the desktop versions immediately as they are on sale now if there was further confirmation that the settings will transfer to desktop smoothly.

• edited November 2017

@fattigman said:
    I started creating music this year so basically I know very little about music production. I bought cubasis and loved it and yesterday I bought the wave plugins and suddenly now my mix sound great. I don't know what to tweek I just use the wave plugin presets and what a difference it makes. Thanks.

>

FWIW, fattigman, less than half of the band I work with, Repulse the Monkey, have any musical training. The others are sonic dabblers and ideas men. It all comes together, and IOS is the leveller that makes it possible.

At some point you might like to check out what Fab Filters can do. Just be aware that they only work with Auria. There are lots of demos on YouTube.

Also, you might get some small inspiration from a video Doug did recently, demoing mastering software using one of RTM’s new tracks - The Colour of Your Kiss. The track was made on an iPad, mostly with Blocs Wave, and the clean version Doug uses, was sequenced in Cubasis.

https://youtu.be/B8Cf7HdpDb4

• @Zen210507 thank you, I’ll check out the video.

• edited November 2017

@fattigman said:
    @Zen210507 thank you, I’ll check out the video.

>

Also be aware that if you do want to try Fab Filters at some point, and Auria Pro, both are quite expensive but have 50% off sales, every so often.

Some things Cubasis is better for, other things Auria Pro and FF are the answer. With the addition of Wave Filters, Cubasis is turning up the heat.

Arghhhhhhh. Trying to edit I accentally thumbed up this post. Please disregard.

• @Zen210507 ok now would be a good timing to buy auria pro. Everybody is praising fab filters so I might give it try. Thank you for all info

• @fattigman said:
    @Zen210507 ok now would be a good timing to buy auria pro. Everybody is praising fab filters so I might give it try. Thank you for all info

>

If you have a few quid/bucks available, Auria Pro is 50% off as are ALL the Filters, which you buy from the Auria Store within AP itself.

IMPORTANT. Make sure that the sale has arrived in your region. It starts today. For example, the US can currently see it, but UK will catch up later in the day.

To give you an idea, full price for Fab Filters Pro-R is $39.99.

If you get AP, you can go to the store and get a full description of what each filter does.

• @gosnote said:
    I actually really like the Waves Audiotrack plugin. It's clean and efficient. I maybe even prefer it to the desktop Cubase channel strip, and according to the Steinberg forum, they are currently investigating how to transfer the Waves plugin settings from Cubasis to desktop Cubase when using the project importer. Really looking forward to that!

Confirmed, the Cubasis Importer 2.3 update supporting to load desktop Waves plug-ins with the settings of the Cubasis project is in progress...

Best,
    Lars

• @fattigman said:
    I started creating music this year so basically I know very little about music production. I bought cubasis and loved it and yesterday I bought the wave plugins and suddenly now my mix sound great. I don't know what to tweek I just use the wave plugin presets and what a difference it makes. Thanks.

Hi fattgiman,

Thanks for the nice feedback, great to hear you love our app!

To get familiar with Cubasis and all its functions, you might want to have a look at our available tutorials:
    https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=82110

Additionally we have a Mobile Apps channel available, including many more quick tipps etc. regarding Cubasis:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SteinbergSoftware

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• Thank you @LFS I already follow you channel :smile:

• @LFS said:

@gosnote said:
    I actually really like the Waves Audiotrack plugin. It's clean and efficient. I maybe even prefer it to the desktop Cubase channel strip, and according to the Steinberg forum, they are currently investigating how to transfer the Waves plugin settings from Cubasis to desktop Cubase when using the project importer. Really looking forward to that!

Confirmed, the Cubasis Importer 2.3 update supporting to load desktop Waves plug-ins with the settings of the Cubasis project is in progress...

Best,
    Lars

That's fantastic! Now off to the Waves site to buy some desktop plugins... :). Looking forward to more Waves IAP's in Cubase!!

• Since the update I’m seeing an AU plugin (Damage Inc. Pumphouse) ‘erroring’ on multiple tracks.

To reproduce - I have 2 tracks with pumphouse, all working fine. If I close and reopen Cubasis, they are still listed as active in insert plugins, but if you click to view they show a blank panel and the affect is not being applied. Remove and reapply is the only resolution, until you close the app and they are lost again.

I’ll try more testing later, but anyone else seen similar?

• Anyone who can manage the cost has a great opportunity for the next few days.

Cubasis with Wave Filters and Auria Pro with Fab Filters. Working on a project using the best of both is something that, just a few years ago, would have been impossible outside of a studio.

• edited November 2017

@skoptic said:
    Since the update I’m seeing an AU plugin (Damage Inc. Pumphouse) ‘erroring’ on multiple tracks.

To reproduce - I have 2 tracks with pumphouse, all working fine. If I close and reopen Cubasis, they are still listed as active in insert plugins, but if you click to view they show a blank panel and the affect is not being applied. Remove and reapply is the only resolution, until you close the app and they are lost again.

Yeah me too, but I have also same problem with pumphouse inside Beat Maker 3

• @LFS Any word on tuplets in the grid?

• I hope they get this Zeeon fix nailed down soon. Decided to re-use Cubasis due to AU automation

• LFSLFS
    edited November 2017

@skoptic said:
    Since the update I’m seeing an AU plugin (Damage Inc. Pumphouse) ‘erroring’ on multiple tracks.

Hi Skoptic,

I do my best to track the forums on a regular basis, next to my main job managing the Cubasis project.

If you experience issues, please check if these are listed in the AU automation limitations article and/or the known issues. If not, please come up with a proper bug report (see below how to do it) in our forum, making sure nothing slips through.

Alongside if the issues include instruments or effects from other manufacturers, make sure to have them informed the same way!

Thanks for your help!
    Lars

Cubasis Forum
    https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=183

How to report a Cubasis problem
    https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=105096

Limitations of Audio Unit automation
    https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=127027

Cubasis Known Issues
    https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/de/articles/206220404-Cubasis-for-iOS-Known-Issues

• @waynerowand said:
    @LFS Any word on tuplets in the grid?

Ahem?

• @waynerowand said:

@waynerowand said:

Ahem?

+1 for that, more grid-options (at least matching all the quantise options) has been requested for a while...
    An 'adaptive grid' similar to the one in GarageBand would be super. (ie. when moving note-evetns they can optionally 'smart snap' so it's easy to move the notes and create triplet-fills etc.).

• @Samu said:

@waynerowand said:

@waynerowand said:

Ahem?

+1 for that, more grid-options (at least matching all the quantise options) has been requested for a while...
    An 'adaptive grid' similar to the one in GarageBand would be super. (ie. when moving note-evetns they can optionally 'smart snap' so it's easy to move the notes and create triplet-fills etc.).

It’s very frustrating. For as good as Cubasis is, I can’t write 2 against 3 or anything in a compound time signature.

• edited November 2017

@waynerowand said:

@Samu said:

@waynerowand said:

@waynerowand said:

Ahem?

It’s very frustrating. For as good as Cubasis is, I can’t write 2 against 3 or anything in a compound time signature.

If I recall correctly it is in the 'back-log' and is not es easy to implement as one would think?!
    Maybe @LFS can once again shed some light on as to what is keeping this from happening as many users seem to missing grid-related features.

Personally I would love to have separate grid-settings for the arranger (1 bar) and the note-editor.(1/8t or 1/16 etc.).

• @Samu said:

@waynerowand said:

@Samu said:

@waynerowand said:

@waynerowand said:

Ahem?

If I recall correctly it is in the 'back-log' and is not es easy to implement as one would think?!
    Maybe @LFS can once again shed some light on as to what is keeping this from happening as many users seem to missing grid-related features.

+1

• When I map my midi controller to an AU instrument and record automation where does it go? I can see the AU panel knobs moving but can’t find the recorded automation.

• edited November 2017

@Mark B said:
    When I map my midi controller to an AU instrument and record automation where does it go? I can see the AU panel knobs moving but can’t find the recorded automation.

Check the 'Automation' tab on the left side of the screen.
    (it get's 'green' when a track contains automation, tap on the 'e' to edit).

If it's midi-cc then tap the 'velocity' thing and select which controller you wish to edit.

• LFSLFS
    edited November 2017

@waynerowand said:

@Samu said:

@waynerowand said:

@waynerowand said:

Ahem?

Sorry for my late reply.
    Grid-options are on our list, but will require a bigger change to happen at a later date. I'm aware you will not be happy about this answer, but it will take some more time...

Best,
    Lars

• @Samu said:

@Mark B said:
    When I map my midi controller to an AU instrument and record automation where does it go? I can see the AU panel knobs moving but can’t find the recorded automation.

Check the 'Automation' tab on the left side of the screen.
    (it get's 'green' when a track contains automation, tap on the 'e' to edit).

If it's midi-cc then tap the 'velocity' thing and select which controller you wish to edit.

Thanks Samu. Found it under the midi cc. I guess Cubasis would need it’s own linking functionality to allow it to record au parameters from a midi controller.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Pretty impressed with the Wave Plugs used 12 instances on tracks and the CPU is well low.

which iPad?, im still on Air2....how will cpu be on iPad Air2

• edited November 2017

@Mark B said:

Thanks Samu. Found it under the midi cc. I guess Cubasis would need it’s own linking functionality to allow it to record au parameters from a midi controller.

Some AUv3's have their own 'midi mapping'(Zeeon and Poison-202 are two examples).

If you map your midi-knobs in the AUv3 instance the automation will be recorded as 'AU Automation' (when W is enabled in Cubasis) otherwise it will be recorded as Midi CC when recording is enabled.

It would likely take a lot of work to do a 'generic' Midi CC -> AU Parameter mapping in Cubasis since all plug-ins work differently. AUM does this quite but needs a bit of set-up.

• @LFS When I was using my iPad alone for producing music, I had no problems with Cubasis. It wasn't until I started using it for live performance with external gear that I started seeing its shortcomings in this environment. My biggest issue and reason why I stopped using it is that I can't control the mixer or anything for that matter with my MIDI controller. I got so used to having complete control in AUM that I refuse to use any app that doesn't offer this control. Auria Pro has Mackie HUI support that allows me to use my BCF 2000 with full mechanized fader support and as mentioned earlier AUM has complete mapping of all parameters. I've seen replies from Steinberg in the past that says this support will never be added because you believe that everyone should be using the touch screen. I think this is a shame. Cubasis would make for a great live mixer if it only had this support. Thanks for your time reading this post.

Peace \/
    chisel316

• LFSLFS
    edited November 2017

@chisel316 said:
    @LFS When I was using my iPad alone for producing music, I had no problems with Cubasis. It wasn't until I started using it for live performance with external gear that I started seeing its shortcomings in this environment. My biggest issue and reason why I stopped using it is that I can't control the mixer or anything for that matter with my MIDI controller. I got so used to having complete control in AUM that I refuse to use any app that doesn't offer this control. Auria Pro has Mackie HUI support that allows me to use my BCF 2000 with full mechanized fader support and as mentioned earlier AUM has complete mapping of all parameters. I've seen replies from Steinberg in the past that says this support will never be added because you believe that everyone should be using the touch screen. I think this is a shame. Cubasis would make for a great live mixer if it only had this support. Thanks for your time reading this post.

Peace \/
    chisel316

Hi chisel316,

Sounds to me this statement was made in the early v1.0 days, around 2012?

Controller support is on our list, but I‘m not able to give you a date when it will be in.

Best,
    Lars