Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App challenge 001 - sunrizer

1235»

Comments

• @AudioGus said:

@ocelot said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ocelot said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ocelot said:
    Nice @reasOne and co.
    I started working on a Sunrizer-only track in BM3. (w/ a couple AU effects). 8 tracks. Sitting in a public park, bugs crawling all over me.

Does anyone have a click-less kick drum patch for Sunrizer? I've spent 2 hours today but I can't kill the random clicks on the initial transient. It's like the ever-present click in the Korg Minilogue's envelopes. The amp env attack time is either too short or too long. Using a ramp-down LFO on pitch, messing with the phase. No dice. Or there's some clipping happening somewhere in the signal path w/in the synth engine (hello iceWorks). I guess I'll just do a cover-up using distortion or something.

Do you want to share a patch that is almost but not quite there and see if we can come up with a solution for you?

Thanks. It's the last kick drum 5.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5713y9phzylb97d/Mike.srb?dl=0

Is there a particular key or key range where the click is a particular issue?

G1, though that Kick is the 5th version, where I was able to dial out most of the click. Looks like I just lowered the High EQ and applied a LP filter. So yeah, faked it.

I haven't spent much time with Sunrizer, but noticed in BM3, it records the knob movements, and BM3 writes them as AU parameter automation, but when playing it back, Sunrizer ignores the automation data?!

I dont even get the initial writing of automation data! Hmmm, should let Mathieu kno... never mind.

Ughh. He said he's not currently involved in BM3 development. The OG iOS music developer. Sad. So sad.

• All these joints sound great guys!!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @reasOne said:
    Had to pull drums and some other synth into it after I got started, but pretty happy with how sunrizer started this jam!

That sounds lovely! More!

• As usual, another challenge is coming and I barely worked on the first
    So good to leave it open, @reasOne :lol: :wink:

@recccp great track, mate :sunglasses:

• edited June 2019

Thank you mate! I am really happy to hear you enjoyed it! I am an epic fail at programming drums. So i wait and I wait and when the loopmasters have a sale I get my sticky fingers on lotta drum loops
    Mostly ambient and drum and bass packs. When LM make a sale it’s awesome!
    Hopefully they will port their desktop app to iOS since iOS 13 will be closing the gap even more ;) fingers crossed

@rs2000 said:

@david_2017 said:
    My entry. I tried to spice the lame screenrecording up with some other footage. Since Lumafusion this is not a problem. Boy, I love this app :)

For now.... enjoy!
    (PS: no ambient ;))

Great track David!
    Where do the drums come from?

• @AudioGus said:

@reasOne said:
    Had to pull drums and some other synth into it after I got started, but pretty happy with how sunrizer started this jam!

That sounds lovely! More!

Thank you man!! Ima finish it this weekend and post

• edited June 2019

@ocelot
    Does anyone have a click-less kick drum patch for Sunrizer? I've spent 2 hours today but I can't kill the random clicks on the initial transient. It's like the ever-present click in the Korg Minilogue's envelopes. The amp env attack time is either too short or too long. Using a ramp-down LFO on pitch, messing with the phase. No dice. Or there's some clipping happening somewhere in the signal path w/in the synth engine (hello iceWorks). I guess I'll just do a cover-up using distortion or something.

If you go in the patch web library. Download the presets pack called Sinevibes2. There is a preset called 909 kick. Turn down the high in the eq section.

• @ecou said:

@ocelot

If you go in the patch web library. Download the presets pack called Sinevibes2. There is a preset called 909 kick. Turn down the high in the eq section.

Hey thanks for your help! Something I noticed is that the random onset clicking seems to occur only in AU hosts. Not in the standalone app. Weird. Thanks again.

• edited June 2019

Really excited about this! I’ve had an idea for a soundtrack project for a while and this challenge came out of nowhere to inspire me! All sounds are Sunrizer. Just a sketch but now I’m bursting with ideas!

• @mjcouche said:

Really excited about this! I’ve had an idea for a soundtrack project for a while and this challenge came out of nowhere to inspire me! All sounds are Sunrizer. Just a sketch but now I’m bursting with ideas!

That is just beautiful 🙏🏼💕

• @echoopera Thank you! The trilogy of books span the solar system, so any space-like sounds or synth suggestions you may have - let me know!

• Why do sunrizer banks and presets scrolling menu not work as expected in AUM on IPad pro 12.9 gen 1. Does everyone have this problem??

• Bueller...... Bueller

• @Breezee said:
    Why do sunrizer banks and presets scrolling menu not work as expected in AUM on IPad pro 12.9 gen 1. Does everyone have this problem??

Gonna check on this soon :wink:

• Finally listened to the rest of these entries. Man, we've got some seriously dope stuff in here. So much to where I got a little discouraged :D . I also felt the same as @AudioGus in that the issues I was running into kept me from feeling inspired. But still inspired by all of y'all and grateful for these challenges!

• @grantbasmahorsnell said:
    Hello, I’m new to the forum and thought I’d give this challenge a go, I do enjoy working to a brief.

Nice work sir👍

• @Breezee said:
    Why do sunrizer banks and presets scrolling menu not work as expected in AUM on IPad pro 12.9 gen 1. Does everyone have this problem??

Same thing happening in Cubasis

• @reasOne said:

Love this! Did you get a longer version completed? Which apps were involved in the end? Cheers.

• @mjcouche said:

Sounds great! Which books were the inspiration?

• Is there a playlist for these challenge pieces?

• @SpookyZoo thanks so much. It is The Space Trilogy by C.S. Lewis.

• @mjcouche said:
    @SpookyZoo thanks so much. It is The Space Trilogy by C.S. Lewis.

Cool, thanks.

Do/will you have links here to longer excerpts of the music?

• @SpookyZoo said:

@mjcouche said:
    @SpookyZoo thanks so much. It is The Space Trilogy by C.S. Lewis.

Cool, thanks.

Do/will you have links here to longer excerpts of the music?

Yes definitely! It will be a bit as it is just a side project right now, but the goal is to be solely mixed and made iOS (with some possible guitar/ voice/ other instruments recorded). This was my first foray into the music side of the project itself. I may start a thread at some point that documents my progress. Currently I am searching out sounds, and re-reading excerpts to further refine the feelings and scenes I would like to convey in each song. Thanks again for your interest!