Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App challenge 001 - sunrizer

Comments

• @reasOne said:

@AudioGus said:

@Multicellular said:
    Pretty sure Sunrizer hasa noise osc, distortion, and pitch modulation. Just make drums with that.

Yah I will be giving this a shot but I usually just end up freaking out like a cat with tape on it's tail and dropping in some drum samples. I just don't want these challenges to end up being me just learning how to design drums with synths half the time, as good as that would probably be for me.

😂😂😂 A cat on tape.

Yes everyone these should be fun, challenging but not all consuming!-

The challenge started as a " one synth" idea but as the original concept grew we decided it was ok to add other things, you could always mute them out anyway to show off your creation.

That's a good thing. :) I'm inspired to craft an experimental basshouse drop including synthesising the drums, but I still use a closed hihat sample for sidechaining the subbass.

• Beauty! :heart: I look forward to your tsunami of lovely.

• So pulling up sunrizer in AUM sounds great. Somehow in NS2 certain patches sound clicky. How could this be? Anyone else hear this? I can hear it on the default patch iTar 1.

• @DCJ said:
    I missed my train stop trying to figure out if I could map LFO to the amp decay. We’re doing great!

now that's what I call true commitment !!!

• @DCJ said:
    So pulling up sunrizer in AUM sounds great. Somehow in NS2 certain patches sound clicky. How could this be? Anyone else hear this? I can hear it on the default patch iTar 1.

Must be to do with the sample rate or something. I have the same issue.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@DCJ said:
    So pulling up sunrizer in AUM sounds great. Somehow in NS2 certain patches sound clicky. How could this be? Anyone else hear this? I can hear it on the default patch iTar 1.

I have the same thing in BM3 and easing off on the attack a little seems to help. Weird though

• edited June 2019

@Gaia.Tree said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@DCJ said:

I have the same thing in BM3 and easing off on the attack a little seems to help. Weird though

Indeed it's weird. Thank you for the tip mate. :) The click does work to the advantage of my synthesised drums oddly enough, lol.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@DCJ said:

Indeed it's weird. Thank you for the tip mate. :) The click does work to the advantage of my synthesised drums oddly enough, lol.

Yah I tried making a nice soft thump and the clicking just got in the way. In NS2 I am also getting arps that are not syncing correctly and patches reloading incorrectly or ‘going strange’ once I simply hook up a macro, without even automating a param.

• DCJDCJ
    edited June 2019

Ugh. This is what keeps me only half in iOS. My patches sound different depending on the DAW. :|

• @echoopera said:
    Okie dokie. I’m on vacation and was able to get some alone time for 30min.

Here’s the scene file:

Dropbox:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zn4zbzwl3tox7t/App challenge-sunrizer .aumproj?dl=0

Audio Preview:

Sweet riff, lovely ambience. You should extend this out a bit more, because you have the start of something beautiful.

@thepinkelefant said:
    Woohoo! Have to dig some old presets now.
    Love sunrizer a lot and had made some tracks a long time ago...can’t believe it has been more than 4 years !

While I like all three, it's a shame that Sunrizer Sunscapez wasn't a bit longer. I could listen to an ambient piece like that all day long. :)

• edited June 2019

Well, here's my entry. Due to the clicking mentioned by @DCJ @Gaia.Tree and @AudioGus and me, I decided to go Basshouse rather than Ambient this round. All sounds are 100% synthesised from scratch (no presets) with Sunrizer. Sequenced in Nanostudio 2 and polished in Auria. The "ambient" section made use of Rozeta's Particles for the blips and bloops. The only sample I used is the inaudible closed hi-hat functioning as a trigger for the sidechaining on the basses.

Enjoy. :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic
    These Bass sounds are badass, man you know how to turn the knobs!
    Really a great track. Showing off your skills on one hand and on the other the diversity of this plugin. Wow, really man great work!!!

• @david_2017 said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic
    These Bass sounds are badass, man you know how to turn the knobs!
    Really a great track. Showing off your skills on one hand and on the other the diversity of this plugin. Wow, really man great work!!!

Thank you mate. :) I greatly appreciate the compliments.

• edited June 2019

Done!

Wow, so awesome! major respect!

• @AudioGus said:

Done!

Wow, so awesome! major respect!

Thanks mate. :) I greatly appreciate it.

• edited June 2019

Interesting, there are patches (like Dirty Hammond JD in the default bank) that I cannot get to pop at all when playing with the keyboard in NS2 but the moment I play it back via the NS2 sequencer I got lots of pops.

@giku_beepstreet

EDIT1... mixdowns pop too :(

EDIT2... looks like it is all about the buffer size boyyeez...

• @DCJ said:
    Ugh. This is what keeps me only half in iOS. My patches sound different depending on the DAW. :|

I am all in on iOS but indeed less than half in with every DAW I use, which is far too many. Heh, on desktop I more than happy with two but on iOS I am a total DAW slut. I do feel the dust will settle one day (NS2 audio tracks?) and by then I will be more than happy with the little mono touch screen as a device where as my desk jockey friends will still be grumbling about a lack of mouse and usb drive suppo... oh wait.

• edited June 2019

So yah, set your NS2 buffer size to Very Low and all is well in regards to pops.

Arp sync is still messed up for me though (even in mixdowns). Notice the first five bars are off but then it does get in sync eventually...

• >

Badass! :sunglasses:
    Not even sure if i'm being inspired or intimidated :lol:

• edited June 2019

@senhorlampada said:

>

Oh I am sure he has been sitting on that track for months... right? Cough... right? o_O

• Here is my submission.

All sounds were made from the Sunrizer synth. Samples from Sunrizer edited in Twisted Wave. Recorded/arranged in Modstep. Minimal effects - reverb, compression, eq in Reaper.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Well, here's my entry. Due to the clicking mentioned by @DCJ @Gaia.Tree and @AudioGus and me, I decided to go Basshouse rather than Ambient this round. All sounds are 100% synthesised from scratch (no presets) with Sunrizer. Sequenced in Nanostudio 2 and polished in Auria. The "ambient" section made use of Rozeta's Particles for the blips and bloops. The only sample I used is the inaudible closed hi-hat functioning as a trigger for the sidechaining on the basses.

I did enjoy that.

• @Multicellular said:
    Here is my submission.

Great stuff, mate! Not surprising me the fact you would use Modstep :lol:

• @senhorlampada said:

>

Muito obrigado amigo. :)

@Multicellular

Thank you mate. To be honest, I'm inspired by your waltz. It sounds like something Jean-Michel Jarre used to do in the 70s and 80s (aka his peak innovative period). So good! I love it. Looking forward to more from you.

@AudioGus

You humble me mate. 😌 I haven't used Sunrizer in YEARS due to the lack of decent automation in various DAWs prior to NS2, and I didn't install it until this challenge because I normally use Obsidian. Believe me I had no idea Sunrizer was that much of a sound designer's wet dream despite being easy to program.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Well, here's my entry. ** All sounds are 100% synthesised from scratch (no presets) with Sunrizer.**

Serious! So... care to tap on “start screen record” and build it again real quick? Just so we can learn.

Done, as requested. Very much so

• edited June 2019

My entry. I tried to spice the lame screenrecording up with some other footage. Since Lumafusion this is not a problem. Boy, I love this app :)

For now.... enjoy!
    (PS: no ambient ;))

• @david_2017 said:
    My entry. I tried to spice the lame screenrecording up with some other footage. Since Lumafusion this is not a problem. Boy, I love this app :)

For now.... enjoy!
    (PS: no ambient ;))

What an enjoyable DnB jam. :) I dig it mate. Totally do. Also, nice video editing. It looks hella professional. Cheers.

• @Hmtx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Well, here's my entry. ** All sounds are 100% synthesised from scratch (no presets) with Sunrizer.**

Serious! So... care to tap on “start screen record” and build it again real quick? Just so we can learn.

Done, as requested. Very much so

I'm glad you enjoyed mate. I'll see what I can do regarding a screen recording if I have the time. Just stuck into production A LOT, mostly in crafting a cover EP of Sash! tunes to celebrate Sascha's 49th birthday next week Monday.

Meantime, the trick to Sunrizer is all in making use of the LFOs when need be, the mad variety of filters, that A-B modwheel, etc. For instance, when I crafted my kick drum, since Sunrizer had no mod envelopes, I used an LFO to mod the pitch.

In Sunrizer, you can adjust a lot of the parameters between two stages - automated by the ModWheel. ModWheel automation in NS2 is fairly straightforward. First, you adjust your parameters in the A+B mode. Then, say you want the filter to "wobble", you switch Sunrizer to "A" mode and turn the filter down. This is just a basic boring application of the A-B ModWheel, but I do hope you get the gist of it. If not, again I'll see what I can do regarding screen recording.

Cheers. :)

• WOW
    You guys are killing this thing...
    You are really gonna make me step up my game hahaha , I thought we wood be posting little riffs and arps and stuff, and you took it to the next level haha!! Very inspired and intimidated...
    Wonder if there is a way to put all these in one organized place, like a abforum sc playlist... But I don't use sc anymore so I dunno 🤷‍♀️
    Anyway wow keep it coming I'll be posting tomorrow hopefully

• edited June 2019

An example of a patch that loads fine initially but is then messed up on project reload is this one...