App challenge 001 - sunrizer

Based on the conversations in the original thread here : (please read)
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/33177/app-challenge-creative-push#latest

We are Set to kick off the first exercise!
Great convo and appreciate everyone's insight, suggestions and feedback.

To summarize the previous conversation, we have chosen sunrizer and or sunrizer xs to be our first synth to jam with. We'll keep this one simple to see how things go then we can get more fine tuned as the weeks go on, with things like, themes, scale, key, tempo, tricks etc... This time it's open game!

Create a patch or tweak a preset and record a sequence, soundscape, melody, riff, or whatever you're inspired to do with sunrizer and share your results here!
You can use any host app / recording technique you want as well as effects / sequencers / controllers to create your piece.

Ways to share that I know of.
You can post private YouTube links if you don't want it public on your channel, private soundcloud links, Instagram posts, Dropbox links etc... There's other ways but these are the most popular I think.

The goal is to have fun, learn something new, try something different share tips and push your boundaries! And hopefully you'll use what you create in this exercise to keep going on with a complete song!

With that being said let's get rolling!

Sidenote: at any point you're finished you can post your results here, if it takes longer than a week no problem! Less... Great!
If you discover this thread in 5 years... And want to participate... Please do! It stays alive as long as there's interest even when the next challenge begins! We just keep moving on to keep it rolling but you're always welcome to join in!

«1345

Comments

  • Thanks @AudioGus good call

  • Loving this synth already, glad you picked it. :)

  • My claim to fame. I named that synth. It was called something else when launched and the devs asked users on a forum I was on for suggestions.

  • @cyberheater said:
    My claim to fame. I named that synth. It was called something else when launched and the devs asked users on a forum I was on for suggestions.

    Awesome :open_mouth:

    btw, the standard for this challenge should always be to post the link to the app :lol: :wink:

  • Just one instance of Sunrizer or multiple instances? :)

  • edited June 5

    One Patch or some sort of track loop with musical intentions? ;)

  • @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Just one instance of Sunrizer or multiple instances? :)

    I would think multiple instances and whatever people want for drums..?

  • I don't know if you know this...

    https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/

    Maybe we can get "inspired" by this!

  • @AudioGus said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Just one instance of Sunrizer or multiple instances? :)

    I would think multiple instances and whatever people want for drums..?

    I would hope so. :) What are the rules on drums? Can we use samples, or should everything be synthesised?

  • I think it would be a real challenge if it’s really only what (multiple instances) that synth can without another AU or extra samples. You’d really have to dig and would probably end up getting way more creative than if you had drums to rely on. But if that’s too much restriction then I understand. I’m game for whatever!

  • edited June 5

    Pretty sure Sunrizer hasa noise osc, distortion, and pitch modulation. Just make drums with that.

  • @DCJ said:
    I think it would be a real challenge if it’s really only what (multiple instances) that synth can without another AU or extra samples. You’d really have to dig and would probably end up getting way more creative than if you had drums to rely on. But if that’s too much restriction then I understand. I’m game for whatever!

    Yah, maybe bonus props for not adding drum samples but if it helps with the creative then go for it.

    Hmmm, yah could go with a 'one AU' sound source rule. Adding Turnado/Effectrix and Egoist etc to process/chop up Sunrizer feels like cheating/missing the point on these challenges. Maybe we allow basic EQ/limiter/compressors (reverb?), but avoid the 'creative' manglers?

  • I own Zeeeeeeon. Is that close enough?

  • edited June 5

    @Multicellular said:
    Pretty sure Sunrizer hasa noise osc, distortion, and pitch modulation. Just make drums with that.

    Yah I will be giving this a shot but I usually just end up freaking out like a cat with tape on it's tail and dropping in some drum samples. I just don't want these challenges to end up being me just learning how to design drums with synths half the time, as good as that would probably be for me.

  • @Jocphone said:
    I own Zeeeeeeon. Is that close enough?

    I decided to help fund Drambo.

    https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/sunrizer-synth/id443663267?mt=8

    cough

    No pressure...

  • @AudioGus said:

    @Jocphone said:
    I own Zeeeeeeon. Is that close enough?

    I decided to help fund Drambo.

    https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/sunrizer-synth/id443663267?mt=8

    cough

    No pressure...

    No pressure felt :)

    You do realise that Drambo is an idea?

  • @AudioGus said:

    @DCJ said:
    I think it would be a real challenge if it’s really only what (multiple instances) that synth can without another AU or extra samples. You’d really have to dig and would probably end up getting way more creative than if you had drums to rely on. But if that’s too much restriction then I understand. I’m game for whatever!

    Yah, maybe bonus props for not adding drum samples but if it helps with the creative then go for it.

    Hmmm, yah could go with a 'one AU' sound source rule. Adding Turnado/Effectrix and Egoist etc to process/chop up Sunrizer feels like cheating/missing the point on these challenges. Maybe we allow basic EQ/limiter/compressors (reverb?), but avoid the 'creative' manglers?

    I’m with all of that!

  • @Jocphone said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @Jocphone said:
    I own Zeeeeeeon. Is that close enough?

    I decided to help fund Drambo.

    https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/sunrizer-synth/id443663267?mt=8

    cough

    No pressure...

    No pressure felt :)

    You do realise that Drambo is an idea?

    It's all ideas.

  • edited June 5

    @AudioGus said:
    It's all ideas.

    Fixed that for you.

    @giku_beepstreet

    :)
    If you were one of the 3 people on here not following the Drambo thread
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/25864/beepstreet-drambo/p38

  • edited June 5

    Woohoo! Have to dig some old presets now.
    Love sunrizer a lot and had made some tracks a long time ago...can’t believe it has been more than 4 years !

  • @Multicellular said:

    All praise!

  • edited June 5

    @thepinkelefant

    Beauty! By the end of Sunscapez my brain was sufficiently melted.... :relaxed:

  • @AudioGus said:

    @Multicellular said:
    Pretty sure Sunrizer hasa noise osc, distortion, and pitch modulation. Just make drums with that.

    Yah I will be giving this a shot but I usually just end up freaking out like a cat with tape on it's tail and dropping in some drum samples. I just don't want these challenges to end up being me just learning how to design drums with synths half the time, as good as that would probably be for me.

    😂😂😂 A cat on tape.

    Yes everyone these should be fun, challenging but not all consuming!-

    The challenge started as a " one synth" idea but as the original concept grew we decided it was ok to add other things, you could always mute them out anyway to show off your creation.

    Personally I'm going to do as much as I can with just the chosen app and effects... If I like where it's going I'll keep it and add stuff later to make it a full track!

  • @thepinkelefant dude those are great! Time for you to revisit and see what you can do now!

  • I started creating a patch today based off one of @Spidericemidas presets! It's sounding good

  • I missed my train stop trying to figure out if I could map LFO to the amp decay. We’re doing great!

  • Okie dokie. I’m on vacation and was able to get some alone time for 30min.

    Here’s the scene file:

    Dropbox:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zn4zbzwl3tox7t/App challenge-sunrizer .aumproj?dl=0

    Audio Preview:

  • @DCJ said:
    I missed my train stop trying to figure out if I could map LFO to the amp decay. We’re doing great!

    😂😂😂😂😂 excellent

  • @echoopera said:
    Okie dokie. I’m on vacation and was able to get some alone time for 30min.

    Here’s the scene file:

    Dropbox:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zn4zbzwl3tox7t/App challenge-sunrizer .aumproj?dl=0

    Audio Preview:

    Duuude! That set up and sequence is dope!!!!!! And that riff sounds great! I can already hear in my head where it should go next haha

Sign In or Register to comment.