Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App challenge 001 - sunrizer

Comments

• @AudioGus said:
    An example of a patch that loads fine initially but is then messed up on project reload is this one...

I gave up on ns2 long ago, I love the dev he's great and the idea of it amazing , that's not relevant, it's not about him.... the app just isn't good to me so I don't use it.. To many things about it interfere with my enjoyment of making music...
    AUM, cubasis , stagelight and.....ableton lol,, those work for me

sunrizer is my fav synth and I can't use it in ns2 without issues so... That's a good sign for me lol

• @reasOne said:

@AudioGus said:
    An example of a patch that loads fine initially but is then messed up on project reload is this one...

I gave up on ns2 long ago, I love the dev he's great and the idea of it amazing , that's not relevant, it's not about him.... the app just isn't good to me so I don't use it.. To many things about it interfere with my enjoyment of making music...
    sunrizer is my fav synth and I can't use it in ns2 without issues so... That's a good sign for me lol

This is the only AU synth I have problems with in NS2. Aparillo, Factory, Synthmaster One, Zeeon all work great for me.

• @AudioGus said:

@reasOne said:

@AudioGus said:

This is the only AU synth I have problems with in NS2. Aparillo, Factory, Synthmaster One, Zeeon all work great for me.

That's good then!
    My problems with ns2 are mostly ns2 itself, midi stuff and effects... But I do hope it succeeds

Other news I gotta great sunrizer pad in tha works!!

• @reasOne said
    Wonder if there is a way to put all these in one organized place, like a abforum sc playlist... But I don't use sc anymore so I dunno 🤷‍♀️

You could stick them on Choon. Free, and no limit on quantity.

• Don’t have sunrizer so staying out of this ‘challenge’ but really enjoying the creativity going on here.

• Great time to pick it up! It's an iOS classic by a great dev and stays updated!
    Super fun to design on

@ajmiller said:
    Don’t have sunrizer so staying out of this ‘challenge’ but really enjoying the creativity going on here.

I'll look into it thanks @TheOriginalPaulB

• @echoopera @jwmmakerofmusic @Multicellular
    Amazing work, all! So impressed that you pulled all that together so quickly from scratch, too. Feeling inadequate... :wink:

• @oddSTAR said:
    @echoopera @jwmmakerofmusic @Multicellular
    Amazing work, all! So impressed that you pulled all that together so quickly from scratch, too. Feeling inadequate... :wink:

I know right these guys killed it, and that joint by @david_2017 as well! I gotta step it up now lol

• edited June 2019

@oddSTAR said:

Hey thanks. I should have noted it wasn't 100% from scratch, maybe 75%. I did have the two lines of melody and harmony recorded in midi and knew in my head what the chords were though I hadn't recorded any. I did also change them significantly because I decided to make it faster. Just one of those subway recorded 'notes to self' but I had no actual sounds patched in or any beats ^

I'm happy with the beat though that I largely improv'd. This App Challenge has totally moved that song forward. Those two little melodic lines have been sitting there for months with about 1/4 of a song's worth of lyrics and now that I've been listening to the track, I'm about 50%!

^Side note, I always wondered if other people did that lol...my wife at once I think is impressed with it as a cognitive thing and gives me a [weirdo] look. She will be like, 'hey working on something new? Lets have a listen.' 'um there is no sound, just midi.'

I just record the notes and hear it in my head. I used to do that with straight sheet music back in the day. She had suggested 'just have some template presets' which is a good idea that sometimes I do. But its the notes and beat I'll forget. I could put a lot of different orchestrations to anything that I'd be fine with.

Anyone else do that?

• edited June 2019

@reasOne said:

@oddSTAR said:

I know right these guys killed it, and that joint by @david_2017 as well! I gotta step it up now lol

Thank you man. Deeply appreciate your support and the kind words! I think this may be the first time I will fire up the AUM project and route it into Cubasis and give it some more structure, since I am actually quite happy with the outcome haha
    Excited to hear your submission. Hopefully this weekly thing will stay 👊🏼😎 thanks got the challenge sir !!!

@Multicellular no sir. Never did that. I am a total noob in this regard. Amazing when you can do stuff like that. I always need to hear and most of the time in C major (only one I am firm in - oh my.... I am a guitar dude ;))

• @david_2017 said:
    @Multicellular no sir. Never did that. I am a total noob in this regard. Amazing when you can do stuff like that. I always need to hear and most of the time in C major (only one I am firm in - oh my.... I am a guitar dude ;))

Hey I am mainly a guitar player too. I suspect it was years of living in cramped spaces having to practice quietly or silently or just in my head in the car because things were kinda crazy at home. Ha the days before amps had headphone options.

• @jwmmakerofmusic
    Thanks for your kind support too mate! Really appreciate your support.

Haha so cool you liked the Video. I made that literally (I checked ;)) in 10 minutes. If you are interested give me a shot and i show you in a screenrecording. Lumafusion is amazing :)

• @david_2017 said:

@reasOne said:

@oddSTAR said:

Thank you man. Deeply appreciate your support and the kind words! I think this may be the first time I will fire up the AUM project and route it into Cubasis and give it some more structure, since I am actually quite happy with the outcome haha
    Excited to hear your submission. Hopefully this weekly thing will stay 👊🏼😎 thanks got the challenge sir !!!

You deff should man, see what else you can do with it while it's fresh on the mind, is a rad mix between dnb and ambient, reminded me of polarity music, he's rad peep em....
    Deff hope to keep this thing going! It's been fun

• I decided to apply no external effects or EQ. All the sounds are as I created them in Sunrizer, I just adjusted the volumes in AUM, mixed down to a file and normalised the result in Audioshare. Monitoring was via the 1st gen iPad Pro 13.9” built in speakers, so no additional hardware, either.

• @TheOriginalPaulB that is smooth!!!! Love this soundscape and that it's raw sunrizer is just that much nicer!! Got lost in this one man

• edited June 2019

Really beautiful and inspiring work from everyone. I’ve had minimal time with the iPad this past week, but i wanted to try another little piece at a slower tempo...I’ve attached the AUM Scene file if anyone would like to extend or add anything to the piece.

AUM Session:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbgiihd4pekrmmy/where the interaction began.aumproj?dl=0

Track explore:

Keep up the great work @david_2017 @Multicellular @jwmmakerofmusic @TheOriginalPaulB your tracks are really something else 🙏🏼💕👊🏼™️

• Hello, I’m new to the forum and thought I’d give this challenge a go, I do enjoy working to a brief.

• @TheOriginalPaulB that is a beautiful piece

• @grantbasmahorsnell said:
    Hello, I’m new to the forum and thought I’d give this challenge a go, I do enjoy working to a brief.

Love the textures and rhythm here! A sweet bed for some spoken word. Bonus point for screen grab in stereo.

• @echoopera said:

Ahhh yah.... ....MMMMMmmmmmm... lovely. Great for breathing and waking up.

Hey, have you checked out Ganbreeder?

• @grantbasmahorsnell nice work. Perfect dystopian future film soundtrack.

• edited June 2019

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    I decided to apply no external effects or EQ. All the sounds are as I created them in Sunrizer, I just adjusted the volumes in AUM, mixed down to a file and normalised the result in Audioshare. Monitoring was via the 1st gen iPad Pro 13.9” built in speakers, so no additional hardware, either.

Very cool. Makes me want to explore a small coastal town strangely devoid of people, with a flashlight and dog that yelps and goes missing.

• I can't see a way to route rozeta lfo to the sunrizer morph wheel .... Has anyone found this possible

• @reasOne said:
    I can't see a way to route rozeta lfo to the sunrizer morph wheel .... Has anyone found this possible

Morph wheel is just CC1 (Mod Wheel) but SunRizer doesn’t display animation when the value changes even though it is working.

• The morph/mod wheel is premapped to cc1, apparently. I don’t have Rozetta, but if you can map the LFO to cc1, it ought to work...

• edited June 2019

It should be 1 I think, but I can’t get it to work either.

Edit: it seems to work for me in bm3, but not in nanostudio2

• Thanks guys! C c 1 it is !

• edited June 2019

I have a question about Sunrizer arpeggiator. What does the different step do. In the manual it says plays:
    -Play first finger
    -Play next finger
    -Play previous finger?
    Also I know what glide does but what about hold? What about no hold, no glide?

• The iPhone mic didn't do this justice... But a preview of the sunrizer jam I'm working on, the drums are not sunrizer, the rest is...