Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App challenge 001 - sunrizer

Comments

• Scratching that one ^^ haha kinda putting me to sleep to work on lol but I'll get something up!

• Had to pull drums and some other synth into it after I got started, but pretty happy with how sunrizer started this jam!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @reasOne mmmmmm...loverly 👊🏼™️

• @reasone oh yeah! Great track! Love how unpredictable it is and how insanely good your visuals fit to this track 😳 is there a longer version somewhere? ;)

• Awesome submissions, guys! :wink:
    Still working out my mojo. Unexpected events stole my iPad time

Good thing is i'm getting nice inspirations from y'all

• Thanks guys!!! Working to complete this track and get a longer version up on sc and bc but that's it so far besides a bit longer on Twitter!
    The visuals are from my archive of stuff I have grabbed over the years and couldn't tell you where from at this point I have a lot lol

• We need more entries!!! 😁

• Nice @reasOne and co.
    I started working on a Sunrizer-only track in BM3. (w/ a couple AU effects). 8 tracks. Sitting in a public park, bugs crawling all over me.

Does anyone have a click-less kick drum patch for Sunrizer? I've spent 2 hours today but I can't kill the random clicks on the initial transient. It's like the ever-present click in the Korg Minilogue's envelopes. The amp env attack time is either too short or too long. Using a ramp-down LFO on pitch, messing with the phase. No dice. Or there's some clipping happening somewhere in the signal path w/in the synth engine (hello iceWorks). I guess I'll just do a cover-up using distortion or something.

• @reasOne said:
    Thanks guys!!! Working to complete this track and get a longer version up on sc and bc but that's it so far besides a bit longer on Twitter!
    The visuals are from my archive of stuff I have grabbed over the years and couldn't tell you where from at this point I have a lot lol

So far so lovely. I'm really digging the overall warmth in this track. :)

• @echoopera said:
    Really beautiful and inspiring work from everyone. I’ve had minimal time with the iPad this past week, but i wanted to try another little piece at a slower tempo...I’ve attached the AUM Scene file if anyone would like to extend or add anything to the piece.

AUM Session:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbgiihd4pekrmmy/where the interaction began.aumproj?dl=0

[big photo edited]

Track explore:

Keep up the great work @david_2017 @Multicellular @jwmmakerofmusic @TheOriginalPaulB your tracks are really something else 🙏🏼💕👊🏼™️

I've listened to this one multiple times during work today, @echoopera. Just my kind of ambient, and perfect work music:) Just wanted to say thank you for the AUM sessions you share, much inspiring 🙏🏼

• Hello everyone. My first post here. Wanted to get in on this because Sunrizer is one of my favorite synths on iOS. Thanks to @reasOne for suggesting it. All of Beepstreet's stuff is great, as we all know. I included a bit about the production in the SC description.

Just want to say that the Audiobus Forum is by far the best spot for iOS production info. A nice mix of talented/experienced musicians, as well as us tinkerers. It's been a big help in navigating iOS waters. Thanks also to @michael for all you do to provide this space & all your apps are must-have. Cheers!

• Cheers @bleep 😊

• @ocelot said:
    Nice @reasOne and co.
    I started working on a Sunrizer-only track in BM3. (w/ a couple AU effects). 8 tracks. Sitting in a public park, bugs crawling all over me.

Does anyone have a click-less kick drum patch for Sunrizer? I've spent 2 hours today but I can't kill the random clicks on the initial transient. It's like the ever-present click in the Korg Minilogue's envelopes. The amp env attack time is either too short or too long. Using a ramp-down LFO on pitch, messing with the phase. No dice. Or there's some clipping happening somewhere in the signal path w/in the synth engine (hello iceWorks). I guess I'll just do a cover-up using distortion or something.

Do you want to share a patch that is almost but not quite there and see if we can come up with a solution for you?

• How long will this be open, I mean before the next challenge or so?

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@reasOne said:
    Thanks guys!!! Working to complete this track and get a longer version up on sc and bc but that's it so far besides a bit longer on Twitter!

So far so lovely. I'm really digging the overall warmth in this track. :)

Thank you man!! I've added parts and hope to release it full version soon!
    I love making warm music!

• @tja said:
    How long will this be open, I mean before the next challenge or so?

This is open for ever! The life of the forum and hopefully it is resurrected periodically.
    Next challenge tomorrow..

@AudioGus you still hanging with us here!!

• @reasOne said:

@tja said:

This is open for ever! The life of the forum and hopefully it is resurrected periodically.

Hey hey! Thanks for the shout. :) Was having my NS2 Sunrizer issues (patches not reloading right and the UI patch selection / NS2 AU window scrolling stepping on each others toes was annoying me) and thought no prob, will try it in BM3, then found Sunrizer had no automation recording for me in BM3 so no prob maybe I will just record audio direct to pads and bang something out with Sunrizer samples... right away ended up doing a bunch of chopping, flipping and mashing, lfoing etcing and it felt a bit like cheating then got sidetracked just finishing off old BM3 tunes that I have been neglecting. Loading up these projects that I maxxed out on my 2017 base into the new/used 10.5 Pro has been pretty sweet! I feel like I can now get them much further and then when NS2 audio tracks and FAB filters come along I will probably bounce all my old BM3 tracks to NS2 for finishing. Where was I? Oh yah... lost the Sunrizer mojo.

• @espiegel123 said:

@ocelot said:
    Nice @reasOne and co.

Do you want to share a patch that is almost but not quite there and see if we can come up with a solution for you?

Thanks. It's the last kick drum 5.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5713y9phzylb97d/Mike.srb?dl=0

• @ocelot said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ocelot said:
    Nice @reasOne and co.

Is there a particular key or key range where the click is a particular issue?

• @espiegel123 said:

@ocelot said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ocelot said:
    Nice @reasOne and co.

G1, though that Kick is the 5th version, where I was able to dial out most of the click. Looks like I just lowered the High EQ and applied a LP filter. So yeah, faked it.

I haven't spent much time with Sunrizer, but noticed in BM3, it records the knob movements, and BM3 writes them as AU parameter automation, but when playing it back, Sunrizer ignores the automation data?!

Well, at least I got 8 Sunrizers working reliably in BM3 (1024 buffer, max ~30% CPU on a 2018 iPad 6th Gen.) No crashes, no 'Could not instantiate plugin' errors yet.

• @ocelot said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ocelot said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ocelot said:
    Nice @reasOne and co.

G1, though that Kick is the 5th version, where I was able to dial out most of the click. Looks like I just lowered the High EQ and applied a LP filter. So yeah, faked it.

I haven't spent much time with Sunrizer, but noticed in BM3, it records the knob movements, and BM3 writes them as AU parameter automation, but when playing it back, Sunrizer ignores the automation data?!

I dont even get the initial writing of automation data! Hmmm, should let Mathieu kno... never mind.

• @ocelot said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ocelot said:
    Nice @reasOne and co.

Great patches! Try this. Crank filter envelope to the max and raise filter attack a bit. I am in my 50s. So, my high freq hearing is limited. But to my ears it eliminates the onset click without affecting the sound otherwise.

• @AudioGus said:

@reasOne said:

@tja said:

Hey hey! Thanks for the shout. :) Was having my NS2 Sunrizer issues (patches not reloading right and the UI patch selection / NS2 AU window scrolling stepping on each others toes was annoying me) and thought no prob, will try it in BM3, then found Sunrizer had no automation recording for me in BM3 so no prob maybe I will just record audio direct to pads and bang something out with Sunrizer samples... right away ended up doing a bunch of chopping, flipping and mashing, lfoing etcing and it felt a bit like cheating then got sidetracked just finishing off old BM3 tunes that I have been neglecting. Loading up these projects that I maxxed out on my 2017 base into the new/used 10.5 Pro has been pretty sweet! I feel like I can now get them much further and then when NS2 audio tracks and FAB filters come along I will probably bounce all my old BM3 tracks to NS2 for finishing. Where was I? Oh yah... lost the Sunrizer mojo.

Haha I feel you, if it's not inspiring you, sunrizer then it's not worth forcing, I started with it then decided to add a bunch of things to it haha it got me into making a song I really like... But I couldn't quite do sunrizer only wasn't working for me..

• @reasOne said:

@AudioGus said:

@reasOne said:

@tja said:

Haha I feel you, if it's not inspiring you, sunrizer then it's not worth forcing, I started with it then decided to add a bunch of things to it haha it got me into making a song I really like... But I couldn't quite do sunrizer only wasn't working for me..

It just wasn’t playing right with NS2 or BM3 for me. After a while it felt like a puzzle game more than a chill jam heh. I even started to load it into AUM and send midi from Gadget for petes sake! What the hell was I on?

• @AudioGus said:

@reasOne said:

@AudioGus said:

@reasOne said:

@tja said:

It just wasn’t playing right with NS2 or BM3 for me. After a while it felt like a puzzle game more than a chill jam heh. I even started to load it into AUM and send midi from Gadget for petes sake! What the hell was I on?

Haha too much, ns2 never works for me, I wnt to ableton for mine! My MacBook is mobile 🤣
    Did you hear the jam I started on ? It's about 40% sunrizer, I started it AUM but couldn't finish there hah

• Clicky quickie :)

• @recccp said:
    Clicky quickie :)

Beautiful piece. Great drum part.

• @david_2017 said:
    My entry. I tried to spice the lame screenrecording up with some other footage. Since Lumafusion this is not a problem. Boy, I love this app :)

For now.... enjoy!
    (PS: no ambient ;))

Great track David!
    Where do the drums come from?

• @espiegel123 said:

@ocelot said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ocelot said:
    Nice @reasOne and co.

Great patches! Try this. Crank filter envelope to the max and raise filter attack a bit. I am in my 50s. So, my high freq hearing is limited. But to my ears it eliminates the onset click without affecting the sound otherwise.

Hey thanks for your help! Most of those patches are from others that I saved for later use.
    Your filter env trick helps, but something I noticed is that the random onset clicking seems to occur only in AU hosts. Not in the standalone app. Weird. Thanks again.