Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

whoa! out NOW! Sugar Bytes Factory - Modular Synthesizer for iOS

Comments

• @MonzoPro said:
    If anyone's on an Air 2, I'd be interested to hear what the CPU usage is like as an AU in AUM. Not that I'm going to be able to resist it, but if it's silly I might hang on until I get a new thing.

That much for „You‘ll get one instance on an Air 2, Buffersize 512“ 😊

• The shimmer FX is just wonderful!

• @haulin_notes said:

@TheVimFuego said:

I’m not an American but I like you.

😄 Thanks! Glad someone got the joke... was concerned that it might be taken literally, even as outlandish as it is. May your life be free of aliens with long, jagged fingernails! 😲

I thought it was great! I meant to respond but got distracted by the rest of the thread.

• @echoopera said:

@david_2017 said:
    First flight... amazing! 😍

Love this. Nice work!

Thanks mate! Glad you like it!

Note this: 4 instances factory, 2 of K7D and one FAC maxima... DSP around 25%

• @Martinj said:

@MonzoPro said:
    If anyone's on an Air 2, I'd be interested to hear what the CPU usage is like as an AU in AUM. Not that I'm going to be able to resist it, but if it's silly I might hang on until I get a new thing.

Yeah that’s what I’m worried about!

Haven’t bought the IAP yet, but had a wonderful time with the free version last night, incredibly powerful synth, and I managed to wring the weirdest sounds yet from an iOS synth.

Waiting to hear what the Air 2 guys have to say, as one instance would be frustrating to say the least. But it’s potentially the best synth yet, right after Aparillo.

• After 9 years of untold iOS music app purchases I have entered a new phase this year. So congratulations Sugar Bytes for triggering my FIRST app purchase of 2019. Factory is of course awesome 🙂🙂

• I just still can't believe how freaking great this thing is, just... Dang!

• love the effects

• The videos on their website are a must-seen and will most probably kill the last bastion of resistance...

• Five months in and this is your first app purchase this year? You should be bloody ashamed of yourself. 😉

I wasn’t very excited at launch of this synth, coming out at the same time as Superbooth as well when my attention’s elsewhere, last night I downloaded the demo just to have a quick listen. Oh my. I really hope it behaves itself in Garageband and Nanostudio.

• @AtticusL said:
    Five months in and this is your first app purchase this year? You should be bloody ashamed of yourself. 😉

I never thought it was possible but I took on a demanding job change plus made some shiny new hardware purchases and suddenly here we are in May 🙂

• Just to let you know: had a few crashes inside AUM, when trying to save a preset in Factory, under my (then new) username. The solution is, to start Factory standalone, save the preset there (under new username)! and all is well. You might also have to re-instate the AuV3 of Factory, that‘s what I did...Great synth!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just going to echo that this is fantastic!

No problem with 2 instances at 128 samples on a 2016 9.7" Pro.

• edited May 2019

@EyeOhEss said:

@animal said:
    Just to let you know: had a few crashes inside AUM, when trying to save a preset in Factory, under my (then new) username. The solution is, to start Factory standalone, save the preset there (under new username)! and all is well. You might also have to re-instate the AuV3 of Factory, that‘s what I did...Great synth!

Username? Is there some kind of login in full app?

No, excuse my wrong wording. I meant the procedure to save presets under your very own AUTHOR-name (so you‘ll easily find them again...)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @animal said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@animal said:
    Just to let you know: had a few crashes inside AUM, when trying to save a preset in Factory, under my (then new) username. The solution is, to start Factory standalone, save the preset there (under new username)! and all is well. You might also have to re-instate the AuV3 of Factory, that‘s what I did...Great synth!

Username? Is there some kind of login in full app?

No, excuse my wrong wording. I meant the procedure to save presets under your very own AUTHOR-name (so you‘ll easily find them again...)

I've had this AU3 crash too, at the point where I tried to change patch author name on a user patch I previously saved.

• Great to see this :) holding off on the full purchase for a day or two.
    The sequencers only have one part, is that right? No way to chain more etc

• @animal said:

I'm getting crashes while saving as well, kinda sucks when you gotta really nice patch going... Can be hard to duplicate again in the standalone to save, but at least that works

• edited May 2019

@haulin_notes said:
    My fellow Americans, as a PSA for mental health and moral hygiene, I feel that it is my solemn duty to passionately urge all members of this forum to stop supporting and encouraging the clearly unbalanced and dangerous developers that do business under the name of Sugar Bytes! The esteemed Bob Moog and even the adventurous Don Buchla (bless their souls) would recoil in distaste, and perhaps even horror, at what is labeled “synthesis” here. These sounds are not of the noble saw-wave being gently folded and modulated. Not at all. Folks, these are the sounds of vitual circuits being tortured for information and probed rectally by perverted aliens with long jagged fingernails. The Cyclop app was offensive enough, but this Factory program takes the audio audacity even further into the realm of madness. Therefore it is a threat to public health and happiness. There have been several televised reports of users experiencing seizures when using this program in its VST version, who had never had such symptoms before. Will no one think of the children? These sounds are like chips of lead paint for their tender ears. Dear friends, I appeal to your good taste, as much as I fear for the future of kinder and gentler synthesizers worldwide. Thank you for your consideration.

You should turn this PSA into a wiki page and post it so everyone, everywhere will be apprised of the impending sugar buzz.

• @echoopera said:

nice track !

• edited May 2019

@MonzoPro said:

@Martinj said:

@MonzoPro said:

Haven’t bought the IAP yet, but had a wonderful time with the free version last night, incredibly powerful synth, and I managed to wring the weirdest sounds yet from an iOS synth.

Waiting to hear what the Air 2 guys have to say, as one instance would be frustrating to say the least. But it’s potentially the best synth yet, right after Aparillo.

What you see in this picture are THREE instances of Factory running on an Air 2 at about 50 % CPU load. So: no need to worry. Factory needs much less CPU than LayR or Zeeon.

• Just so you feel better: I am happy just running ONE instance of any sugar bytes synth stuff! Hopefully 512 or better and I am getting away with no crashes or crackles. iPad 4 normal kinda old. Hey, does anyone know if the audio input works for iOS and if its cool? Someone mentioned it elsewhere for computer version.

• Its running so good, sounding excellent and so inspiring

• edited May 2019

You mad and talented people running multiple versions or worrying about the same, I'm still in the happy swamp of the single thing. In other news: @Trueyorky a note has been added to your file.

• @Martinj said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Martinj said:

@MonzoPro said:

What you see in this picture are THREE instances of Factory running on an Air 2 at about 50 % CPU load. So: no need to worry. Factory needs much less CPU than LayR or Zeeon.

Ah right, didn’t clock that was an Air2, nice one.

• NEvermind my audio in fake out: no audio in for iOS as far as I looked in manual. All good.

• Two instances of Factory (controlled by Rozeta Particles) with some Ambient Guitar...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    You mad and talented people running multiple versions or worrying about the same, I'm still in the happy swamp of the single thing. In other news: @Trueyorky a note has been added to your file.

I accept my fate 😁😁

• edited May 2019

@DCJ said:
    Oh my god :o

Its been availablle as VST for a few years..
    Never got to try it out tough

Been playing it for an hour now, and really love what i see and hear..
    Wish there was 4 oscilators, but then thats something i wish for on every synth
    I love the morphing feature, would be even better if it was 4 part morphing like alchemy..

They just recreated the vst experience on ios, which is great..
    Altough with how monetarization on mac works, and the modular form..
    Would it be to much to expect functional expansions..
    Like new oscilator models, new filter models, more lfo’s, etc etc..
    Would make it a true modular with extra modules to add..

I personally would rate this as semi-modular
    But who cares, its a real beaty as is..

I hope sugar bytes will release more ios content
    Their egoist beat-box is incredible fun, and really really something that would work perfect on my ipad