Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

whoa! out NOW! Sugar Bytes Factory - Modular Synthesizer for iOS

145791014

Comments

  • tk32:
    there is a workaround until 1.0.1 is released (next days)
    "it should work if you either close the preset browser before saving or try to click save in less than 3 till 5 seconds."

  • Tom Cosm's Aparillo videos

    Sugar Bytes Factory vids

  • @waka_x said:
    tk32:
    there is a workaround until 1.0.1 is released (next days)
    "it should work if you either close the preset browser before saving or try to click save in less than 3 till 5 seconds."

    Many thanks! And I see 1.0.1 just dropped on the appstore.

    Time to reach for my wallet :)

  • This thing is ridiculous.
    The interface seems well suited to an iPad and it even runs very decently on my Air 1.
    The blobs my goodness <3

  • Wish I could buy it outright because IAPs make me a bit nervous about being able to use it long term... no fault of the developer

  • @ElectroHead said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Apart from the dice choices in the sequencer, am I missing other random options goodness?

    I reckon devs could make a fortune releasing complex synths for free, but with a charge for each hit of the randomize button.

    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

  • Agree.

    @iamspoon said:
    Wish I could buy it outright because IAPs make me a bit nervous about being able to use it long term... no fault of the developer

  • v 1.0.1 is oficially out in all Appstores.
    AUv3 saving bug and some others are fixed!

  • @Tones4Christ said:
    Agree.

    @iamspoon said:
    Wish I could buy it outright because IAPs make me a bit nervous about being able to use it long term... no fault of the developer

    I'm not disputing this... but why? How do IAPs effect long term use, any more than apps you purchase full price and no IAPs?

    Again, not disputing anything. I just have never thought about it much and I'm curious.

  • Is anyone else still having trouble saving their own patches after the update? I am on a first gen IPad Pro and I have had to do a hard restart 3 X as I lost all sound on my device. I was mutating the dice in the matrix and playing the new results and boom no sound before I could save...anyone else still having these same issues than before?

    Also, someone mentioned you can record with the IAP but that’s only with the AUv3 in a DAW though right? Is it possible to in the stand alone?

    Great synth & I know it will get sorted. Having a blast so far. Cheers!

  • Sometimes my patches load with mod routings I know I didn’t save. Switching patches back and forth with the arrow buttons usually gets it back how i saved it, but it’s confusing.

    But yeah, mind-blowing synth!

  • edited May 12

    @iamspoon said:
    Wish I could buy it outright because IAPs make me a bit nervous about being able to use it long term... no fault of the developer

    I'm not disputing this... but why? How do IAPs effect long term use, any more than apps you purchase full price and no IAPs?

    Again, not disputing anything. I just have never thought about it much and I'm curious.

    Fair question!
    I know it’s a bit neurotic, but if I can buy an App that has full functionality without requiring some form of online reactivation/downloads then I feel safe I can backup the .ipa file and be able to fully restore it in the future. (Most likely!)
    So if something is removed from the store/adandoned/fuckedoverbyapple I’m a bit more futureproofed without IAP.

  • The demo is super though so that’s a bonus. Even if I was only left with that functionality I’d be happy.

  • @ElektrikDiva said:
    Is anyone else still having trouble saving their own patches after the update? I am on a first gen IPad Pro and I have had to do a hard restart 3 X as I lost all sound on my device. I was mutating the dice in the matrix and playing the new results and boom no sound before I could save...anyone else still having these same issues than before?

    Also, someone mentioned you can record with the IAP but that’s only with the AUv3 in a DAW though right? Is it possible to in the stand alone?

    Great synth & I know it will get sorted. Having a blast so far. Cheers!

    The free version stops playing after a few minutes... And the non lap isn't iaa so you can't really use it other than as a demo

  • @reasOne said:

    @ElektrikDiva said:
    Is anyone else still having trouble saving their own patches after the update? I am on a first gen IPad Pro and I have had to do a hard restart 3 X as I lost all sound on my device. I was mutating the dice in the matrix and playing the new results and boom no sound before I could save...anyone else still having these same issues than before?

    Also, someone mentioned you can record with the IAP but that’s only with the AUv3 in a DAW though right? Is it possible to in the stand alone?

    Great synth & I know it will get sorted. Having a blast so far. Cheers!

    The free version stops playing after a few minutes... And the non lap isn't iaa so you can't really use it other than as a demo

    I bought the full version and so far 4X big crashes using it where I had to reboot iPad so the new fix is even worse now for me. Anyone else have this issue?

  • @ElektrikDiva said:

    @reasOne said:

    @ElektrikDiva said:
    Is anyone else still having trouble saving their own patches after the update? I am on a first gen IPad Pro and I have had to do a hard restart 3 X as I lost all sound on my device. I was mutating the dice in the matrix and playing the new results and boom no sound before I could save...anyone else still having these same issues than before?

    Also, someone mentioned you can record with the IAP but that’s only with the AUv3 in a DAW though right? Is it possible to in the stand alone?

    Great synth & I know it will get sorted. Having a blast so far. Cheers!

    The free version stops playing after a few minutes... And the non lap isn't iaa so you can't really use it other than as a demo

    I bought the full version and so far 4X big crashes using it where I had to reboot iPad so the new fix is even worse now for me. Anyone else have this issue?

    Oh that's sucks :(
    I was having lots of crashes too, I rebooted my iPad and so far so good, but I'm still in fear that's is gonna crash.... Deff have to build your patches in the standalone version as it crashes when I save in the auv3, I haven't tried it since the recent app store update tho

  • edited May 12

    No crashes for me so far...(still on release version)...

  • I've not had many crashes yet, is this happening on pro or non-pro devices/both?
    quite slow refresh rate on the preset list though which is frustrating.

  • Please don't axe me here guys but umm... how do I save my patches? I do have the full purchased version. So far Im kinda erasing the original author and it doesn't seem correct and since we are cloud sharing I figured I should be proper.
    Thanks yawl and happy mothers day, moms rock!

  • In standalone mode, I have not tried saving in aum. thanks again and I am looking through manual now...

  • Ha, this is kinda funny. I also don't know if I am sharing all my crack based sounds with goofy names? The manual says that you should try and name the patches proper and descriptive, oops.

  • @Carnbot said:
    I've not had many crashes yet, is this happening on pro or non-pro devices/both?
    quite slow refresh rate on the preset list though which is frustrating.

    Yeah mine does that, really sluggish with the tag cloud.

  • @iamspoon said:

    @iamspoon said:
    Wish I could buy it outright because IAPs make me a bit nervous about being able to use it long term... no fault of the developer

    I'm not disputing this... but why? How do IAPs effect long term use, any more than apps you purchase full price and no IAPs?

    Again, not disputing anything. I just have never thought about it much and I'm curious.

    Fair question!
    I know it’s a bit neurotic, but if I can buy an App that has full functionality without requiring some form of online reactivation/downloads then I feel safe I can backup the .ipa file and be able to fully restore it in the future. (Most likely!)
    So if something is removed from the store/adandoned/fuckedoverbyapple I’m a bit more futureproofed without IAP.

    What iTunes version are you using that allows the ipa files to be backed up and restored? I thought that capability was removed years ago.

  • This may be a dumb question 😁🤣
    But some of the patches start playing automagically when they are selected even if the transport of the host is stopped, I also notice that the arp is inactive.... So how does one stop these patches from generating / playing thru if you just want them triggered by a key and / or by the host transport

  • @reasOne said:
    This may be a dumb question 😁🤣
    But some of the patches start playing automagically when they are selected even if the transport of the host is stopped, I also notice that the arp is inactive.... So how does one stop these patches from generating / playing thru if you just want them triggered by a key and / or by the host transport

    ...under the right MASTER Fader is a button, which reads OFF, when there is a self-running patch (s&h playing the patch). Press this button and choose Env1. After this only keyboardpresses will make sounds again. Cheers, t

  • @animal said:

    @reasOne said:
    This may be a dumb question 😁🤣
    But some of the patches start playing automagically when they are selected even if the transport of the host is stopped, I also notice that the arp is inactive.... So how does one stop these patches from generating / playing thru if you just want them triggered by a key and / or by the host transport

    ...under the right MASTER Fader is a button, which reads OFF, when there is a self-running patch (s&h playing the patch). Press this button and choose Env1. After this only keyboardpresses will make sounds again. Cheers, t

    Awesome!!! Thank you for that 🙏 I was lost haha

  • Sugar Bytes rules!

  • If nothing else, Factory has got me digging out the other Sugar Bytes apps for a spin.

    Now I REALLY want Wow and Effectrix as AUv3...

  • @Daveypoo said:

    Now I REALLY want Wow and Effectrix as AUv3...

    Yes please!

Sign In or Register to comment.